Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Comic Books & Graphic Novels

The Archie Comics Thread

Old October 11th, 2007, 9:31 am
Sixth Year

The Archie Comics Thread

Hello! This is my first thread, so do forgive me if it is not up to your standards. Now, I know there's a Tintin thread and a Comic Book thread, but as far as I know, there is no Archie Comic thread. So, I've decided to create an Archie Comics thread for all you AC fans out there. You can post anything from your favorite character to your favourite book! Just remember to follow the CosForum rules http://http://www.cosforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2 at all times! Happy posting!

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2008, 7:08 pm
Fifth Year

Re: The Archie Comics Thread

Oh Archie comics... So predictable, cliche, and stereotypical with a never changing formula.. yet, something draws you to them anyway.

I read these all the time when I was a kid. I used to be all for Betty/Archie, until I realised Archie was a jerk. Now I'm all for Archie/Veronica and Betty/Jughead .

Old April 10th, 2008, 7:23 am
Third Year

ooohh!!! i've always lovedd these!! but i stopped gtting them.. i'd probably still love them

i looved veronica she was always m fav

for other hockey team supporters:
its too late to apologize... but its not to late to flamitize!
I'VE GOT A C FLAMING ON MY CHEST!

Proud member of GSWIA! (Guys Sound Wow with an Irish Accent!)

Snape always had a reason

http://www.calgary-city-maps.com/images/CalgaryFlames.gif
Old April 20th, 2008, 2:37 pm
Sixth Year

Yay! Finally posters in my thread Who do you guys think should get Archie, Betty or Ron?

Old April 24th, 2008, 1:07 am
Fifth Year

By default, Archie should get Veronica, because I think Jughead/Betty would be a far cuter couple than Archie/Betty. There were some comics where Jughead was really sweet to Betty after Archie had left her for Veronica, and even some where he gives Archie a piece of his mind when it comes to treating Betty bad.

Old May 5th, 2008, 1:48 am
Secret Chocolate Keeper

I wish I could've come across this topic earlier. I love the Archie comics. My favorite character is definitely Jughead, so I like reading the Jughead comics as well. I don't care fo the Betty & Veronica series much, so I read those the least.

As far as pairings are concerned, given Archie's personality and character, I really do feel that he's better suited (of Betty and Veronica), Betty. She's down to earth and isn't really too shallow, and Archie, when you think about it, is kind of the "boy next door" type.

I always pictured Veronica with Reggie, although, I could see those two having lots of issues where trust is concerned because of their sneaky personalities.

As for Jughead, I can't see him paired up with anyone given the way that he is, but out of the girls we have seen (not counting the one girl that has broken his heart, hence his vow to not bother with them), he probably would work out best with Betty. They get along very well, and Betty is a great cook. lol

Old May 15th, 2008, 11:26 am
Sixth Year

I like the complications don't you? We have Moose/Midge/Reggie, Betty/Archie/Ron and Ethel running after Juggie. It's like, Betty goes after Archie, who goes after Ron, who goes after Reggie, who goes after Midge with Moose. And what do you guys think of Ethel's unrequited love for Jughead?

Gryffindor

UnicornSeeker8718 (Pottermore)
Old May 15th, 2008, 4:32 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius_lee_G View Post
ooohh!!! i've always lovedd these!! but i stopped gtting them.. i'd probably still love them

i looved veronica she was always m fav
I love Archie comics.

Jughead is my fave, though I love Archie, Veronica, Betty, Reggie and everyone really; even Mr. Weatherbee and Miss Grundy.

I'd love jughead to end up with Veronica. What a combination they'd make.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Old May 16th, 2008, 8:01 am
Sixth Year

Haha! Wouldn't that be cool if Juggie ended up with Ron? I mean, they hate each other! But it would be good for the script...

Gryffindor

UnicornSeeker8718 (Pottermore)
Old May 16th, 2008, 8:33 am
Second Year

Archie Comics were my favorite! I used to always beg my Mom to buy me them when we were in line at the supermarket, but when I was little we were kind of poor so I only got them for my birthday or a very special occasion. I used to read them over and over again, I loved Veronica! She's so feisty (and pretty ) but I didn't think Archie deserved her.

Old May 16th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Fifth Year

Yeah I love the diversity of ships that can be created from Archie comics, despite the fact that the main triangle is Betty/Archie/Veronica. I also don't think Archie really goes well with either of the girls, but I didn't really ship anything else until I discovered Demona1's gallery on Deviantart with Betty/Jughead art.

I found this interesting piece of info on the couple on Wikipedia (so who knows how true it is. I found it interesting anyway ):
Quote:
Besides being best friends with Archie, Jughead also has a soft spot for Betty Cooper. Betty is a great cook, which is one of the reasons that he loves to hang out with her. Jughead also provides a shoulder to cry on whenever Betty has trouble with Archie or Veronica. There has also been one strip where Jughead tells Betty that if he was to ever kiss a girl willingly, it would be her. Writers of Archie comics sometimes make comments on how they want Jughead to hook up with Betty,[4] but that would ruin the formula of the love triangle between Archie, Betty, and Veronica that has been going on for decades.
Anyone think that a live action archie movie would be any good?

Last edited by DeliciousMoon; May 17th, 2008 at 7:25 am.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 3:26 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensara View Post
Archie Comics were my favorite! I used to always beg my Mom to buy me them when we were in line at the supermarket, but when I was little we were kind of poor so I only got them for my birthday or a very special occasion. I used to read them over and over again, I loved Veronica! She's so feisty (and pretty ) but I didn't think Archie deserved her.
I absolutely adored Archie comics. My Pa used to send them to me whenever he found another comic I hadn't already read. Funny thing is, the man who he bought them off told him that he had no more comics for me because I had read everything he had in store

That's an interesting piece of text, DeliciousMoon, I am intrigued. Now that I think about it, Betty and Jughead would be a really cool couple. Archie and Veronica would go together perfectly because they're both annoying Jughead was always my favourite character, although I did have a soft spot for Reggie (I don't know why ).

Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife, their sober wishes never learn'd to stray; along the cool sequester'd vale of life they kept the noiseless tenor of their way.

Elegy written in a Country Churchyard, Thomas Gray

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Comic Books & Graphic Novels