Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Movies you like that NO ONE ELSE EVER HEARD OF! #2

Old January 7th, 2005, 10:22 pm
Fourth Year

kung pow: enter the fist wasnt that funny but I know quite a few people who know it and heck its only like 3 years old and was quite popular when it came out in theatres

Old January 7th, 2005, 10:24 pm
First Year

I like the Olsen twins so I think you haven't watched The Challenge or Holiday in the sun *lol*

Old January 8th, 2005, 5:16 am
First Year

How about Four Rooms? Tim Roth is the main character (I LOVE him, by the by). He was supposed to be the original Snape, but chose to do a reamke of Planet of the Apes instead. But that's alright, cause I love Alan Rickman too !

Oh, and I recently saw a German movie calles Mostly Martha. I doubt many people, at least in the US, have seen it!

Old January 8th, 2005, 8:37 am
First Year

The breakfast club - I think it's a fairly well known film, just not very popular anymore.

Old January 8th, 2005, 9:07 pm
Second Year

The sad truth... not many people around where I am know what Arsenic and Old Lace is. A classic play-turned-movie... And such a great comedy. Dark humor, some of the best.

Old January 9th, 2005, 6:45 am
First Year

im sad, i've heard of all these movies! haaaha! i love O' Brother Where Art Thou? and Monty Python and The Holy Grail ("I cut your bloody arm off!' 'Tis' a flesh wound!"...) Has anyone every played Balderdash?? It's a game with weird people, initials, laws ect... no one has ever heard of, well it has a movie catagory, and some of them are just so weird, like The Attack of the Mole People and such... it's great. and i own the cartoon hobbit and little shop of horrors...
Kung Pow Enter the Fist? it's hilarious and has horrible dubbing.
What about Space Balls? or Monty Python: Life of Brian? (a story about Moses' forgotton brother...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieWeasley
Oy. Someone mentioned Hagard. That soft core... ickyness. Um, If you haven't seen Monty Python... you need to. It's a classic. Everyone knows Monty! What else. There must be a lot of you who aren't from the US listing common movies here as unknowns. Kung Pow... Wasn't that the one with the tongue that talked on it's own? Or something? It had powers, right? Yeah, that's the movie I'm thinking of. No one knows what it is, but it's one of the funniest things ever! Then there's a whole series of hour and a half long "shows" that paraody movies. And the entire cast is thumbs... and the occasional chin. They have like Frankenthumb (Frankenstein), BatThumb (Batman), The GodThumb (The Godfather), The Blair Thumb Project (The Blair Witch Project), and there might've been more. Oh, Thumb Wars... or Star Thumbs. I don't remember which it is, but it was the oldest... Yup. Those are great! And Kung Pow is the same people who did the thumb movies.
You forgot Thumbtanic (Titanic)! gasp!!

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead, some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
-Dr. Seuss <3
Old January 9th, 2005, 8:37 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leverystrange
Doese anyone remember Teen Wolf with Micheal J Fox?
I've seen that!

Sadly, I've also seen "Thumb Wars" and "BatThumb" (my brother's best friend brought them over one day and I got roped into watching them).

Spew Member--I've heard of "Cold Comfort Farm", I haven't seen it, unfortunately.

Every once in a while my father rents a bunch of Mel Brooks movies and forces the rest of the family to watch them. Movies like, "Wholly Moses" and "The History of the World, Part I." (Or, the ever-popular "Robin Hood: Men in Tights")

Oh, yeah, and I forgot "Young Frankenstein."

He lived in prehistoric times when the air was fresh and the water was pure.

Ogg is extinct.

Figure that one out.

--Conchy on the Halfshell
Old January 9th, 2005, 8:58 am
First Year

Yentil... ? Haha, good times. And no, I'm not Jewish... I'm just an odd child who harassed my mother into renting me this film. For those who don't know, Barbra Streisand disguises herself as a man to study the Torah. Gotta love Babs.

Also, Howard the Duck...

I need to stop watching I Love the 80s and renting all the films they make fun of on there...

Ah yes, more I loved when I was younger... The Dark Crystal... and the Neverending Story.

Argh, and Beaches...

Alrighty, I am done. <3

[This is based on how little my fiends watch films not full of million dollar special effects and actors that take off their shirts a lot...]

My heart aches completely every hour every day. And only when I am with you does the pain go away.

Inside my heart is breaking. My makeup may be flaking. But my smile still stays on.

Sometimes we don't do the things we want to do, so that others won't know that we want to do them.

Opened up wide for the breaking. Just one touch and I'll be yours. </3

Old January 9th, 2005, 9:43 am
First Year

Oh this is such a great "blast from the past' thread! I immediately thought of Spaceballs but hoginbogin007 beat me to it! Am also a huge Kevin Smith fan (love your signature worlds_cutest_ferret), and love all the early John Hughes stuff - Ferris, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Some Kind of Wonderful, St Elmos Fire.

Other all time greats (most of which have already been mentioned) Teenwolf and Teenwolf Too (me and my sister would spend hours creating our own Teenwolf 3); The Care Bear Movie; The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (whatever happened to the guy in that - he was well fit!); Howard the Duck; Inner Space (anyone remember that one?); The Last Unicorn ("We are sisters, you and I"!)...ahhh gotta stop or I could be here all day!

Old January 9th, 2005, 9:59 am
First Year

I saw this movie a couple of years ago that no one I know has heard of. It's called "Purgatory." It's a western that was made in 1999 and I thought it was alright actually. I'm not really into westerns but this one I liked. Its about these outlaws who ride into this isolated town that is actually a purgatory. There is actually a good twist to it. You find weird movies on cable

Old January 9th, 2005, 3:25 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godric32908
Monty Python And the quest for the Holy Grail
i love that film to bits, "strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of goverment", it is so hilarious , have you seen 'the life of Brian' thats great too, also there was a film called 'bubbleboy' anyone seen it??

Old January 9th, 2005, 4:00 pm
First Year

Brassed Off

Old January 9th, 2005, 11:32 pm
First Year

You all are reminding my of some great movies I haven't seen in a while...
I love Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Kevin Smith Rocks!
Some of my all time favorites:
Freeway
Election
Amelie
Run Lola Run
Office Space

Old January 10th, 2005, 12:37 am
Seventh Year

Jumping Jack Flash, it was about Whoppi Goldberg communicating with a secret agent via a computer and trying to get him back into the country.

First The Rift, next The Hub. Now Hub 3

Insanity's a gradual process, don't rush it. Ford Prefect
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:45 am
Third Year

Kings in Grass castles...I loved that movie!

Old January 15th, 2005, 6:35 am
Second Year

Many of my favourite films are ones no one else has ever heard of...

Clara Hakedosha or Saint Clara is this Israeli film about a girl with supernatural powers.
F****** Åmål, also known as Show Me Love, about teens in a small Swedish town
Was tun, wenn's brennt? or What to Do in Case of Fire, about former anarchists, set in Berlin
Mitt liv som hund, or My Life as a Dog, a sweet film about growing up.

By the way, there are lots of English-language films I love; it's just difficult thinking of ones that no one's heard of! Oh, I know, Twelve Angry Men, which is an old classic about a trial.

Last edited by Iceager; January 15th, 2005 at 8:54 am.
Old January 15th, 2005, 10:18 am
Banned

Has anyone seen A Nightmare Before Christmas? I love that movie! Its a tradition of mine to watch it every Xmas eve.

Has anyone heard of The Polar Bear King? It was one of my favourites as a little tyke.

I'm quite surprised that people these days don't watch Empire Records anymore. It's a great movie.

I love Willow! We had to watch it for RE class. Everyone kept calling the little dwarves hobbits.

And what about The Swan Princess?

Old January 15th, 2005, 3:44 pm
First Year

Yes I love Tim Burton's The Nightmare before Christmas. I really like the Halloween town song. A film that no-one else has heard of which is really funny is Mel Brookes' 'High Anxiety' which is a spoof of all the Alfred Hitchcock films.

Old January 15th, 2005, 6:10 pm
First Year

hangmans curse.... that movie rox... its more of a halloween movie ......

Old January 15th, 2005, 7:17 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynae
I'm quite surprised that people these days don't watch Empire Records anymore. It's a great movie.
I WATCH EMPIRE RECORDS ALL THE TIME!!! ITS MY FAVE MOVIE!!!!!

sorry i just really like that movie

*\o/* xxx ~*Snuffy, the Contest Master*~

Still wanna be part of Snuffy's Dollie Contests? Then come to Crazy Adventures @ Hogwarts... you'll find the contests in the Quidditch Pitch. See ya soon!!!!
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion