Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Writer's Corner

Accidental Magic

Old March 24th, 2012, 9:04 pm
First Year

Accidental Magic

I'm working on a fanfic of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone where Harry is Harriet. I've run into a problem concerning her accidental magic. Remember the part describing Harry's accidental magic in The Vanishing Glass? The first incident mentioned is when Petunia nearly shaved him bald and he regrew his hair overnight. Harriet has the same messy hair her male counterpart does, but I'm having that it can be controlled with hair product or simply putting it up in a ponytail. Which means there would be really no reason to cut her hair like that.

What incident of accidental magic could she have done instead of regrowing hair?

Harriet, unlike Harry, is also aware that she's the one making the strange things happen, and I'm toying with the idea she knew she could talk to snakes before the zoo.

Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2012, 3:02 am
Registered Animagus

Re: Accidental Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWitchZelda View Post
I'm working on a fanfic of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone where Harry is Harriet. I've run into a problem concerning her accidental magic. Remember the part describing Harry's accidental magic in The Vanishing Glass? The first incident mentioned is when Petunia nearly shaved him bald and he regrew his hair overnight. Harriet has the same messy hair her male counterpart does, but I'm having that it can be controlled with hair product or simply putting it up in a ponytail. Which means there would be really no reason to cut her hair like that.

What incident of accidental magic could she have done instead of regrowing hair?

Harriet, unlike Harry, is also aware that she's the one making the strange things happen, and I'm toying with the idea she knew she could talk to snakes before the zoo.
Think about Hermione's hair. How long did it take her before the Yule Ball to gel up her hair so it stayed tamed? Harriet can't spend that much time on her hair every day, so she just puts it into a ponytail. But, the hair is too strong for the scunci and it breaks every day. Now you can shave her head.

Old May 28th, 2012, 1:28 am
First Year

Re: Accidental Magic

You could always say that Harriet, as an act of rebellion, chops her hair off. But, the next day, her hair back. Harriet would be aware of that, therefore avoiding all the "What if it doesn't work?" internal talk.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Writer's Corner