Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Snow White and the Huntsmen

Old March 24th, 2012, 1:19 am
First Year

Snow White and the Huntsmen

Kristen Stewart (shudder) and Chris Hemsworth (not as hot as his little bro Liam) in the new Snow White movie coming out! Hate to say it, but even with KStew in this, it looks a little more interesting than Mirror Mirror (Lilly Collins and Julia Roberts), but Mirror Mirror looks like it would be more funny.

Old March 24th, 2012, 4:48 am
Fourth Year

Re: Snow White and the Huntsmen

I think the movie looks great despite Kristin being in the movie..Well she doesn't look that bad in this movie.I guess my opinion of her is swayed heavily on her performance in the Twilight movies..I think the Evil Queen will steal the show.

P.S. Chris is way more attractive then Liam!

Old March 26th, 2012, 2:00 am
First Year

Re: Snow White and the Huntsmen (June 1st)

Yes I completely agree with you. but im not sure about k stew (because of her in twilight her sad and happy face are the same and she acted like a robot) but other than that yes i think charlize theoren (did i spell her name right?) will steal the show

Oh wait I dont completely agree with you, i think liam is hotter then chris sorry but thats just my opinion.

Old March 26th, 2012, 2:03 am
Secret Keeper

Saw the previews for this with The Hunger Games. Actually looks quite good and if it weren't for Kristen Stewart (should have cast Emma Watson instead as she's more attractive and 10x the actress) I might see it, particularly since Charlize Theron is always so delectable.

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Old March 26th, 2012, 7:53 am
Sixth Year

The previews for this look amazing. I think Charlize will steal the show. It looks epic! As for Kristen, she does seem to be getting better so hopefully she will show more range here and not be so monotonous.

Old March 26th, 2012, 12:57 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix88 View Post
The previews for this look amazing. I think Charlize will steal the show. It looks epic! As for Kristen, she does seem to be getting better so hopefully she will show more range here and not be so monotonous.
I just watched an extended 5 minute trailer and it is not as enticing though...and the mirror is even bold enough to say "there is one more beautiful than you" which I had to laugh at...wait does the mirror really mean Kristen? Maybe Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, Rachel Wood, or Amanda Seyfried. Hmm, trying to think of what other young and actually beautiful actresses would have been a better choice...

I mean, not to pick on Stewart, but these are the top 3 threads on IMDB-

Quote:
Why didn't they pick someone pretty for Snow White?
I thought Snow White was supposed to be 'fair'
Isn't the evil queen supposed to be less attractive than snow white?
It looks like original negotiations were for much better actors (ie Viggo, Depp, etc) for the Huntsman too...but oh well, the deed is done.

Last edited by lcbaseball22; March 26th, 2012 at 1:18 pm.
Old March 26th, 2012, 1:14 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Saw the previews for this with The Hunger Games. Actually looks quite good and if it weren't for Kristen Stewart (should have cast Emma Watson instead as she's more attractive and 10x the actress) I might see it, particularly since Charlize Theron is always so delectable.
I agree, Emma Watson would have been perfect for Snow White (I like to pretend it's her instead of Stewart), but I personally think that even if the film makers had asked her she would have turned it down for fear of type-casting as a fantasy movie actress. Saoirse Ronan would also have been a very good choice.

Nevertheless I'm really looking forward to this movie! I will give Kristen Stewart the benefit of the doubt just this once. But Charlize Theron will no doubt be the real star of the film!

Old March 26th, 2012, 1:36 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceysChain View Post
I agree, Emma Watson would have been perfect for Snow White (I like to pretend it's her instead of Stewart), but I personally think that even if the film makers had asked her she would have turned it down for fear of type-casting as a fantasy movie actress. Saoirse Ronan would also have been a very good choice.

Nevertheless I'm really looking forward to this movie! I will give Kristen Stewart the benefit of the doubt just this once. But Charlize Theron will no doubt be the real star of the film!
Actually, I know she can't be in everything but I think Jennifer Lawrence would have been my pick. She's pretty new on the scene but after seeing her amazing performances in Winter's Bone in 2010 and then The Hunger Games just a few days ago and right now currently watching her David Letterman interview in which I must say she definitely looks like "the fairest of them all" I don't think I'd be able to watch this without imagining how amazing she would be opposite Charlize Theron. She has incredible range and has already shown she can pull off the beautiful yet strong willed warrior type extremely well. Doesn't she just look like the perfect Snow White?

The Fairest of Them All:    

Last edited by lcbaseball22; March 26th, 2012 at 2:46 pm.
Old March 26th, 2012, 1:50 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Actually, I know she can't be in everything but I think Jennifer Lawrence would have been my pick. She's pretty new on the scene but after seeing her amazing performances in Winter's Bone in 2010 and then The Hunger Games just a few days ago and right now currently watching her David Letterman interview in which I must say she definitely looks like "the fairest of them all" I don't think I'd be able to watch this without imagining how amazing she would be opposite Charlize Theron. She has incredible range and has already shown she can pull off the beautiful yet strong willed warrior type extremely well.
Lawrence would also have been fantastic! I'll admit it: I was a bit nervous when I watched the trailer for the Hunger Games - I thought she was too old for the role of Katniss and was a bit sloppy during some of the scenes (the "there's twenty-four of us" scene in particular) Now that I've seen the Hunger Games and Winter's Bone I take back all my doubts with shame! She could no doubt go head -to-head with Theron as well.

Other good choices for me: Dakota Fanning, Karen Gillian or Carey Mulligan.

But alas, it isn't to be. Unfortunately Stewart has been cast (no doubt for the marketing) and the film has been completed. As I said, I'll gie her a chance this time and hopefully, just hopefully her performance will be ok. If it isn't, then at least we'll get a dark fairytale with the essence from the original Grim Fairytale.

Old March 29th, 2012, 4:42 am
Second Year

Umm... Kristen Stewart is attractive and has a good resume, see Panic Room, The Runaways, Adventureland, among other films. Robotic acting can be found in the new Star Wars movies. I wouldn't call them bad actors as some of them are really good in non sci fi movies, Natalie Portman especially. She was pretty good in Black Swan, V for Vendetta, Closer. As far as comparing Stewart to Watson in terms of acting, I wouldn't even start. You'd have to look at every film they did and consider their material as well.

It's never easy to completely make the transition from books to film, be it Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight, Lord of the Rings, etc. You can't always act exactly how the books' characters inner thoughts are described, and this was touched upon by Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. They question the material and even poked fun at it.

If things seem out of place, sometimes the story is to blame than the actor. Harry Potter is fantastic but there were a few times when I thought it was weird.

Old March 29th, 2012, 4:49 am
Secret Keeper

^ FYI I've seen every one of those films you listed except Runaways and I maintain that Watson or Portman (but she's pregnant...why is she even being discussed? I don't recall her being mentioned ) would have been a much better choice. Really just about any other actress under age 30 (examples- http://www.imdb.com/list/WuQ1561DAKE/) would be a better fit, but let's see if Stewart change my mind...

Last edited by lcbaseball22; March 29th, 2012 at 4:58 am.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 7:04 pm
Member of the Order

Snow White seems to be a popular theme this year. I frankly admit the Evil Queen is a far more interesting personage.

"Mirror Mirror" seemed to be a comedy of sorts that didn't interest me much.

Well, now I'm interested...very interested.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old April 3rd, 2012, 3:35 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post

Hmm, that's funny...I became less interested after seeing the extended trailer

Old April 3rd, 2012, 6:19 am
BANNED... No really they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceysChain View Post
I will give Kristen Stewart the benefit of the doubt just this once. But Charlize Theron will no doubt be the real star of the film!
I agree. I think Charlize will kill it, and I'm just hoping that Stewart just keeps up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post

Hm...that just made me even more excited about this movie! Stewart might just pull it off!

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:02 pm
Zonko's Employee

The only reason I would want to see this is Charlize Theron as the wicked Queen. She looks splendid.

You're all a bit hard on Kristen though.

And anyone playing Snow White must have raven-black locks. No blonde Snow Whites! It doesn't matter what colour hair the Queen has, IIRC.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:14 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl_Took View Post
The only reason I would want to see this is Charlize Theron as the wicked Queen. She looks splendid.

You're all a bit hard on Kristen though.

And anyone playing Snow White must have raven-black locks. No blonde Snow Whites! It doesn't matter what colour hair the Queen has, IIRC.
haha, but there's always hair dye. I think Jennifer Lawrence is a natural blonde but she died her hair dark for The Hunger Games and other instances. One red head that I think would also have been an excellent choice is Rachel Hurd Wood. She definitely has the "fair" skin look

Last edited by lcbaseball22; April 3rd, 2012 at 12:17 pm.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 1:08 pm
Assistant to Minister Granger

Quote:
^ FYI I've seen every one of those films you listed except Runaways and I maintain that Watson or Portman (but she's pregnant...why is she even being discussed? I don't recall her being mentioned ) would have been a much better choice. Really just about any other actress under age 30 (examples- http://www.imdb.com/list/WuQ1561DAKE/) would be a better fit, but let's see if Stewart change my mind...
Do you mean Natalie Portman? She's neither pregnant, nor under 30.

Old April 3rd, 2012, 3:24 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana View Post
Do you mean Natalie Portman? She's neither pregnant, nor under 30.
She already had her baby and turned 30? Wow, time flies...

Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:53 pm
MODLY CREW

Despite KStew being cast as somehow more beautiful than the stunning Charlize Theron, I'm looking forward to this more than the other adaptation of the fairy tale with Julia Roberts. I hope it's centred on Charlize as she can carry a film, whereas KStew cannot.

Old April 4th, 2012, 12:10 am
Member of the Order

As far as characterizeration goes, I don't think it matters that the physical person of the "Evil Queen" is more physically appealing than "Snow White." At least that's how I've been seeing these later interpretations.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion