Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Writer's Corner

NaNoWriMo 2011!

Old November 20th, 2011, 8:28 am
Third Year

Re: NaNoWriMo 2011!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvngbooks View Post
I'm finally starting to believe that I'll reach 50k by the end of the month. I have 9,700 words left to write, and 11 days to do it in. I guess that should work?
That's AMAZING!! Keep going and finish strong! We'll all be here to cheer you past the finish line.

Thank you, COS, for the last 10 years. These forums will be greatly missed.
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2011, 12:57 pm
Malum Veneficus

Quote:
I reached 40k today! I'm really excited, but also feel like someone wrenched my brain. I spent all day writing a 1300 word scene, because it's essential in the story and really important to the plot.. So I spent way too much time on getting it right, and even though it's still not how I want it, it's good enough to keep going with the story.

I'm finally starting to believe that I'll reach 50k by the end of the month. I have 9,700 words left to write, and 11 days to do it in. I guess that should work?
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be able to make it. Will that be the end of your story, too?

Thanks to my secret sigswitch maker, for the wonderful avatar and signature!

Sig/avatar pictures by Cassandra Austen.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:00 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Imago View Post
That's AMAZING!! Keep going and finish strong! We'll all be here to cheer you past the finish line.
Thank you! I must say, all the encouragement both here as on Twitter (and the NaNo forums) has really helped me write on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatrix93 View Post
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be able to make it. Will that be the end of your story, too?
Thanks! I'm very excited, LOL! It won't be the end of the story.. When I thought of the story, I had so much information flowing in my mind that it was in no way possible that I could tell it all in one book.. I'm planning for this one to be somewhere between 80k and 90k, which is already quite a decent sized book, and when I look at the story now, how the characters are telling me the story will progress, plus the scenes that I have in my head, I think I'll need to make it a trilogy to complete the entire story.. Maybe I can write one of those in next year's NaNo

Last edited by lvngbooks; November 20th, 2011 at 10:02 pm.
Old November 21st, 2011, 6:45 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I've really fallen out of wanting to write. This sucks. I do hope I get the urge back and make it to 50,000.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old November 21st, 2011, 6:48 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by leah49 View Post
I've really fallen out of wanting to write. This sucks. I do hope I get the urge back and make it to 50,000.
Even if you don't, the year was still successful if you wrote anything at all. That's the way I look at it. I haven't "won" a single year yet and I still consider NaNo a success for me because it encouraged me to write in the first place.

Old November 21st, 2011, 7:01 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

That's a good point. I do hope to take this idea and make it work whether it is through NaNo or something else.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old November 21st, 2011, 8:51 pm
Suteki da ne

I don't think mine is a NaNo story anymore...I think it's just a story because there's no way I'm gonna finish it in 9 days

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old November 22nd, 2011, 5:16 am
Malum Veneficus

In order to finish on time, I have to write 2.5k in one day. It's not impossible, but that way I can barely do anything else the whole day, .
I'm 27k now, which is much better than any year I've done before, but I don't think I'm going to make it to 50k.

Old November 23rd, 2011, 3:16 am
First Year

Quote:
In order to finish on time, I have to write 2.5k in one day. It's not impossible, but that way I can barely do anything else the whole day, .
I'm 27k now, which is much better than any year I've done before, but I don't think I'm going to make it to 50k.
I gotta write over 4k a day, and I'm hanging in there...

I am Nightdream111
Proud member of the Pottermore Battalion!

Sorted Hufflepuff by CoS.
Jo says differently.
I'm a Gryffindor!
Wand: Pear, dragon heartstring, 12 3/4 in, surprisingly swishy.
THANKS TO GRYFFSOLIDER, FOR MAKING THIS AMAZING SIGNATURE!
"Adventure will always be given at the Pottermore Battalion to those who seek it"
Old November 23rd, 2011, 8:14 pm
Second Year

I agree with just writing.. I didn't feel good for two days, barely writing 500 words in those two days but it helped me to keep going. I wrote well over 3k today without really noticing it, so I was really surprised when I saw my wordcount when I was done with the scene.

It helps if you write ideas down when they hit you (I have notes and post-its everywhere, as well as a notebook that I carry with me) and to take a set time to write. Even though you only set yourself to write for 30 minutes, that could really help your wordcount

When you stop writing, even if it's only for one day, it's going to be hard to pick it back up..

------------

My current wordcount is well over 46k and I'm really proud! Hah. The scenes I'm writing now are really important and take a lot of words so that helps toward the wordcount, even though they are really hard to write (today was an exception, because I already thought out what I wanted to happen, so that made it easy)

Old November 28th, 2011, 11:56 am
Malum Veneficus

I'm a bit over 40k now. I never made that far, and I don't think I'm going to give up now! Good luck anyone who's still writing, .

Old November 28th, 2011, 12:30 pm
Second Year

I just validated my word count and with 53,391 words I'm officially a NaNo 2011 winner! yaaaaaay! *proud* The story is still nowhere near finished, so I'll just keep writing.

When the coupon code is up for Scrivener, I'm going to buy the full program so I can keep working with it. It has helped me immensely with the writing of this story so I'm really looking forward to work more with it - works way better than writing in Word!

To anyone who is still writing: KEEP GOING! YOU CAN DO IT! Hang in there, it's two days left, and you can get a lot done in those two days!! I'm here to cheer you on until you make it!! *shakes her pompoms*

Old November 28th, 2011, 9:09 pm
Third Year

Quote:
I just validated my word count and with 53,391 words I'm officially a NaNo 2011 winner! yaaaaaay! *proud* The story is still nowhere near finished, so I'll just keep writing.
That is FANTASTIC!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING NANOWRIMO 2011!!!

Quote:
When the coupon code is up for Scrivener, I'm going to buy the full program so I can keep working with it. It has helped me immensely with the writing of this story so I'm really looking forward to work more with it - works way better than writing in Word!
I only recently discovered the software and I'm really enjoying the functionality. I have a tendency to write scribbles on pieces of paper then shove them into a giant file folder, never to be seen or heard from again. It's been great to have a place to keep all of these thoughts in a well-organized manner so I can actually make use of the oh-so-rare plot gem that pops out of my head.

Old November 30th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Malum Veneficus

Just validated my novel at 50176 words. This was my third attempt at NaNo, and the first time I ever win, .
The story is far from done though, and I'm really hoping that I'll have the motivation to write after NaNo, .

Last edited by bellatrix93; November 30th, 2011 at 6:36 pm.
Old November 30th, 2011, 5:50 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

I've completely given up on this year. Well, there's next year. Hopefully, I'll do well then. Good luck and congratulations to everyone who's validated!

Old December 1st, 2011, 3:40 am
Third Year

Quote:
Just validated my novel at 50176 words. This was my third attempt at NaNo, and the first time I ever win, .
The story is far from done though, and I'm really hoping that I'll have the motivation to write after NaNo, .
CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THIS YEAR!!!

Make sure you take a little break and get some much needed R&R before diving in for the first edit.

Old October 21st, 2012, 11:00 pm
Suteki da ne

Are we getting a new thread for nanowrimo 2012 or should we carry on here? It starts in ten days, after all!

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old October 22nd, 2012, 4:09 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlubalybub View Post
Are we getting a new thread for nanowrimo 2012 or should we carry on here? It starts in ten days, after all!
That's what I was just wondering. I think I'm going to try to participate this year so I can finally get my stupud 7+ year old fanfic done!

Well... maybe not done done, maybe just get the rough draft from opening to closing scenes done. That'll be a first.

Old October 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Suteki da ne

I think I'm doing some sort of ghost story. I was gonna do a post-apocalyptic thing, I was inspired after listening to The Stand audiobook in work, but I reckon that post-apocalyptic stories are going to be the majority of entries this year...

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old October 30th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Sixth Year

I just heard about NaNoWriMo a few days ago, and it sounds like a fantastic idea! I'd love to participate, but I'm afraid that I don't have any new ideas to start from scratch with. To be a true NaNoWriMo piece, you can't use anything that you've previously written. I'm horrible with writer's block, and I don't see me getting any random stroke of inspiration between now and Thursday. Besides, I'm in school right now, so I doubt that I'd have the time to actually get up to 50,000 words, especially in a month. I've never tried to write anything large-scale before. But maybe I'll unofficially give it a shot with some ideas I've been toying with for a while. Good luck to everyone who's participating!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Writer's Corner