Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Worst movies ever!

Old July 26th, 2011, 12:53 am
First Year

Re: Worst movies ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppelia View Post
Arachnophobia - Spiders dodging bullets?! puh-lease.
Everytime i watch that film i thought i was going to get attacked with spiders lol i was onliy 12-13 at the time so i have an excuse not the film is just stupid.

Eight below is another 1.

Old July 26th, 2011, 4:37 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinacchi View Post
I didn't like Inception at all. I always mixed up what was reality and what dream and it got so annoying. My brain doesn't enjoy "difficult" movies like it is.
Inception is good if your ready to really concentrate to understand what's going on.

I actually had to pause one time to just evaluate a twist that just happened.

Sure it's complicated, but that's what makes it so interesting! This is coming from a person who sticked with Lost for 6 seasons.

This is not your movie if your about to go asleep or pre-occupied or something. Just stick with some brainless action movie/rom-com. (Is there is a such thing as a good Rom-Com?)

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old July 26th, 2011, 5:36 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
(Is there is a such thing as a good Rom-Com?)
Yes. It's called Love Actually.

Old July 26th, 2011, 5:44 am
Seventh Year

I must say, I am shocked at the movies I see mentioned in this thread. People, this thread isn't called, "Bad movies," it's called, "Worst movies ever." Surely someone has already brought up Battlefield: Earth? Manos: The Hands of Fate? Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? The Room? Catwoman? Troll 2? The Avengers? Batman & Robin? Leonard Part 6? The obligatory Plan 9 from Outer Space?

Last edited by IenjoyAcidPops; July 26th, 2011 at 5:50 am.
Old July 26th, 2011, 6:06 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
I must say, I am shocked at the movies I see mentioned in this thread. People, this thread isn't called, "Bad movies," it's called, "Worst movies ever." Surely someone has already brought up Battlefield: Earth? Manos: The Hands of Fate? Santa Claus Conquers the Martians? The Room? Catwoman? Troll 2? The Avengers? Batman & Robin? Leonard Part 6? The obligatory Plan 9 from Outer Space?
I'm not speaking for everyone but some of those movies fall into the category: SO bad it's good. EVERYBODY talks about THE worst movies, we're talking about the worst to us. I would rather watch "The Room" over any of the movies on the SyFy Channel.

Old July 26th, 2011, 6:11 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batsy View Post
I'm not speaking for everyone but some of those movies fall into the category: SO bad it's good. EVERYBODY talks about THE worst movies, we're talking about the worst to us. I would rather watch "The Room" over any of the movies on the SyFy Channel.
Sure, there's a fine line between bad and "so bad it's good." Batman & Robin is my least favorite movie, but for some people, it is "so bad it's good." Not for me. The Room is that, though.

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:30 am
Assistant to Minister Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
Can't bring them up if you haven't seen them. I suppose people choose bad films from their own scope of films seen.

Old July 26th, 2011, 3:03 pm
Second Year

Every SyFy movie, every Lifetime movie, and Catwoman and Batman & Robin were unbearably bad.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old July 27th, 2011, 3:50 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavetopadfoot View Post

i also think that jesus christ, vampire hunter was also awful.
I thought I was the only person who had sat through that movie! Oh my god.

Other terrible movies:

Frog-g-g!. This is it's description from Wikipedia: Frog-g-g! is a 2004 science fiction horror comedy film directed by Cody Jarrett. It is about a mutated frog who is prone to having sex with a female human. Meanwhile a sexy lesbian United States Environmental Protection Agency agent must track the monster down.

Then there's The Covenant which has one of the cheesiest scripts of all time. This is the film that boasts the line: "HARRY POTTER CAN KISS MY A**!"

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting,
for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."

Pottermore: OakPhoenix68

Old July 27th, 2011, 5:52 am
Third Year

Twilight, New Moon, and that last Narnia movie...

Little Fockers...

Madea's Big Happy Family...

Old July 27th, 2011, 6:37 pm
First Year

I dont know if anybody said 'Experiment'??
It has a good story but the ending is awful -.-

Old July 27th, 2011, 9:06 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinacchi View Post
I didn't like Inception at all. I always mixed up what was reality and what dream and it got so annoying. My brain doesn't enjoy "difficult" movies like it is.
I love this film!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
One movie I hate to the core though is... 'Dumb and Dumber'...
And this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFernandez View Post
Twilight? The acting is way of nothing like the book
I've never read the books and have no intention of ever doing so, but I have seen two of the movies (the 1st and 3rd) as my Fiancee is obsessed with them and I didn't actually think that they were too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
I also thought the first Hangover movie was pretty dumb, but I also saw it long after all the hype, so I was expecting something really good. It just didn't live up to the hype for me.
I quite liked The Hangover, although it was nothing special. The sequel though
is a complete waste of time as it is almost identical to the first movie.

I watched the first hour of The Lovely Bones the other night and stopped watching because I thought it was terrible. And I thought that the book was excellent.

Old July 28th, 2011, 5:00 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. Wooden acting, strange line delivery, special effects that consist of pictures of a shark edited into the film, and a shark that growls. Truly exceptional.

Old July 28th, 2011, 5:27 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingMaenid View Post
Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. Wooden acting, strange line delivery, special effects that consist of pictures of a shark edited into the film, and a shark that growls. Truly exceptional.
Ohh yeah that one was bad, but at least it was comical. I mean you always go into shark movies knowing they are going to be campy

The absolute worst movie I have ever seen is Marina Monster. I have never regretted sitting through a movie so much. Oh lord it was terrible. The shark at the end was this cheap paper mache thing and the only redeeming thing of the movie is one line at the end where the shark talks and says, "GIVE ME NUM NUMS" but honestly it was barely worth that. I wish I had just seen that one clip and not wasted an hour and a half watching the rest of the movie. Terrible acting, terrible plot. Oh man it was completely awful.

(If you can't tell, I LOVE shark movies, especially right before shark week. I guarantee I have seen them all )

Old July 28th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Second Year

I didn't like any of these movies: Catwoman, War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise, Rango, The One. I'm sure there are more but right now I can't think of any.

In favor of Book 7 being as long as an unabridged dictionary!

You people seriously need to understand me!

Dragon Heartstring Ash 7 inches
Old July 28th, 2011, 10:48 pm
Second Year

The worst hour and a half of my life was GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

When I got home, I was further depressed when I decided I'd watch the Diving Bell and the Butterfly (which was excellent, but real depressing).

But it was still mostly to do with GI Joe.

Old July 29th, 2011, 1:15 am
First Year

Troll 2 or Dragon Ball Evolution would be my votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
Every SyFy movie, every Lifetime movie, and Catwoman and Batman & Robin were unbearably bad.
Actually Riverworld and their take on Alice in Wonderland was really good

Old July 29th, 2011, 3:20 am
Second Year

2001: A Space Odyssey.
The most confusing and odd movie I have ever seen.

^^And Go Bears to n8squared above me!

Pottermore Username: FireboltPurple63
Old July 29th, 2011, 4:32 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottermore View Post
2001: A Space Odyssey.
The most confusing and odd movie I have ever seen.

^^And Go Bears to n8squared above me!
2001 was good until the big 15 minute light show. At that point I had to turn it off. But I watched it again past that part and all I have to say about old man/hotel room/star baby is ***? I mean they probably just couldn't think of a good ending for it.

Old July 29th, 2011, 4:57 pm
Banned

Stand aside amateurs, none of you sat through 'Lost Horizon' starring Peter Finch. None of you had your mother with you who very loudly declaimed every 10 minutes that the cost of the tickets would come out of your allowance for that month. (12.00, this cost me 12.00, you will pay me back.), that was about 50.00 in today's money. The thing is I can't blame her. It went beyond awful into the regions of dreck. Some people coming out of the theatre commented the only entertaining thing about it was my mother complaining about the cost of the tickets.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion