Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Worst movies ever!

Old July 5th, 2011, 6:19 am
First Year

Re: Worst movies ever!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I know I'm going to have some serious haters on this one especially here, but I honestly cannot stand that movie. It was too short, too much was cut, and it didn't make any sense. Also that is some of the worst acting to ever come out of Dan... "I'm just so angry...all the time." *face palm*

Also, StaceysChain, Bruno was awful, I completely agree. I felt like my eyes were being raped.

In Omnia Paratus
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2011, 6:32 am
Ordo Lebes

The Happening. If it had been a parody, it would have worked in some dimension, but just... wow. I'm embarrassed to say I spent money on this one.

Believe me. I never betrayed James and Lily. I would have died before I betrayed them.
Old July 5th, 2011, 1:55 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldeberanBlack View Post
Kick ***, Con Air, The Rock and Face Off were all cool

Leaving Las Vegas isn't an "enjoyable" movie but depressingly excellent
I haven't seen all Nic Cage movies, but Kick *** is one of the worst I had the misfortune of seeing last year. Other bad Cage films I've seen: National Treasure, Ghost Rider, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Gone In 60 Seconds, The Rock... just off the top of my head. I've been told I need to see Face Off, so maybe that'll restore my faith in Cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaceysChain View Post
The Dark Knight is probably one of the most overrated movies of the decade. The only saving grace was Heath Ledger.

My worst movie ever is Bruno.
While The Dark Knight was overrated, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. And even though Bruno was beyond ridiculous, it still made me laugh which is more than can be said for most recent comedies I can totally understand why so many people hate it though. It's beyond stupid.

Old July 5th, 2011, 2:13 pm
Member of the Order

Kickass was one of the best surprises of last year.

Looking very forward to the sequel next year.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old July 5th, 2011, 5:09 pm
Second Year

Donnie Darko. It has very few enjoyable moments, it's nonsensical, mean spirited, and in spite of the build up, the payoff is lame. The good thing about this movie is it helped launched the careers of Jake Gyllenhaal and Seth Rogen, they end up in MUCH better movies. If you want to see a better time travel movie starring Jake, watch Source Code.

I'd also like to add Kung Pow: Enter the Fist!, but it is one of the more enjoyable "worst movies".

Old July 5th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
I don't think I've ever seen a movie starting Nic Cage that came even close to being good or in any way enjoyable. Ghost Rider is probably the worst though.
Really? I know he's been in quite a few bad films....but I thought he did a good job in Moonstruck, Wild at Heart, Family Man, Adaptation. Did you see any of those?

....I miss David Tennant....
Old July 5th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Banned

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen a movie starting Nic Cage that came even close to being good or in any way enjoyable. Ghost Rider is probably the worst though.
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans is excellent.

Old July 5th, 2011, 11:28 pm
Fifth Year

No one has mentioned Epic Movie and Transformers 2 yet?

Old July 6th, 2011, 3:21 am
Registered Animagus

Ok while I'm on holidays I'll give Nic Cage another chance He's just let me down so many times!

Old July 6th, 2011, 6:55 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberEight View Post
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans is excellent.
I was just reading Hysteria's post and was about to reply with the same thing, and then I saw your post. That is an amazing movie - not for everyone, not everyone is going to think it's great (and 'great' isn't even the first superlative I'd use to describe it), but it is something to behold.

Old July 6th, 2011, 7:52 am
Assistant to Minister Granger

Quote:
I haven't seen all Nic Cage movies, but Kick *** is one of the worst I had the misfortune of seeing last year. Other bad Cage films I've seen: National Treasure, Ghost Rider, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Gone In 60 Seconds, The Rock... just off the top of my head. I've been told I need to see Face Off, so maybe that'll restore my faith in Cage.
His older films are definitely better. I mentioned Wild at Heart and 8 mm, and someone else upthread mentions Adaptation - I'd definitely recommend those. I think he's an impressive actor, but for some reason he's made some awful choices in roles.

Old July 7th, 2011, 1:28 am
First Year

Quote:
Ok while I'm on holidays I'll give Nic Cage another chance He's just let me down so many times!
Don't. He doesn't have a single good movie haha.

In Omnia Paratus
Old July 7th, 2011, 2:39 am
Second Year

Why has this thread tuned into Evaluate Nic Cage's career?

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old July 7th, 2011, 3:00 am
First Year

The three worst movies I've seen are Waterworld, Space Balls and the Postman. I fell asleep during Waterworld, the first and only time that ever happened. Costner was so pompous and silly in Postman that my friend and I spent most of the movie laughing until we cried. Unfortunately, there wasn't any laughing at Space Balls. I've seen other Mel Brooks movies and liked them but this one really stank. It was the only movie I've ever attended that I was tempted to leave before it was finished but I didn't.

Old July 7th, 2011, 3:26 am
Third Year

Sandra Bullock's Hangman. Ok, I guess it's not really fair to connect Sandra so deeply with the movie. Her face just happened to be plastered on the DVD cover (for sales, no doubt) so I associate her with the whole rotten project even though this is something she did long before she became famous.

Thank you, COS, for the last 10 years. These forums will be greatly missed.
Old July 7th, 2011, 3:50 am
First Year

Being a firm watcher of many, many horror movies, I have seen my fair share of garbage. To pluck out the smelliest, most rancid is almost impossible. But the first that comes to mind at the moment is Meatball Machine, Japanese horror-mess that tried to combine aliens with zombies and robots, then tried to throw up a love story on top of it. It was a mess altogether. There are countless more, but I didn't want to flood my brain too heavily all at once with memories of disgust and dread.

Old July 7th, 2011, 5:10 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie330 View Post
Why has this thread tuned into Evaluate Nic Cage's career?
Because it's all about him.

....I miss David Tennant....
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:46 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
Because it's all about him.

Well that wasn't my intention, I just haven't seen any good Cage films so they made my list. I've made note of the ones mentioned in this thread, and I'll give them a go.

Anyway, another one that came to mind today, Catwoman (Halle Berry) was beyond terrible. So was a movie that came out in the early 2000s S.W.A.T. From memory both stars of these movies apologised for their crapness

Old July 9th, 2011, 11:19 pm
Second Year

Has anybody seen Gulliver's Travels? That movie was so bad, that every time anybody says anything I cringe.

"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. Either I'm a genius or I'm mad, which is it? 'No,' I said, 'I can't be mad because nobody's put me away; therefore I'm a genius.' Genius is a form of madness and we're all that way. But I used to be coy about it, like me guitar playing. But if there's such a thing as genius - I am one. And if there isn't, I don't care." - John Lennon
Old July 10th, 2011, 12:11 am
She Who Walks Behind

Quote:
People love Kick *** here. I haven't seen it myself though. Not the kind of movie I like to watch. I expected more from The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but maybe I was just too tired while watching in on a 15 hour bus ride. I love the idea behind National Treasure and I like Cage in general.

Can't think of any movie I really dislike that much that I cringe... so far.

Oh I know! "Don't mess with the Zohan" , "Ace Ventura", "The Mask" and so on... I don't like this kind of humor.

The End of the Dream.

Last edited by Tenshi; July 10th, 2011 at 12:24 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion