Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

The Hunger games

Old April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Fifth Year

Re: Hunger games (2012)

Overall I like this Prim, including the brows. I agree HMN, very un-Capital.

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2011, 5:12 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressofRaven View Post
I'm not against her brows because they're unsightly or whatever, I just truly think they make her look older than a 12-year-old. But, considering the ages of the rest of the cast, that's not gunna be an issue I guess.

Old April 21st, 2011, 6:02 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressofRaven View Post
That is a good point! :lol I was reading the comments section in entertainment weekly and I was surprised how vicious everyone was about the unibrow. Poor girl! I do think that the unibrow is perfect for district 12 and someone from "the seam"

Old April 21st, 2011, 9:02 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMN View Post
I am way too obsessed tonight with this! None of the articles said specifically, the closest came to "she's the right age to play 12 year old Prim." So I'm guessing she's more like 12 years old.

A little random, but found this tonight. I'm a Glee fan, and I would LOVE if they cast Naya Rivera as Johanna Mason for Catching Fire & Mockingjay. She'd be perfect.

http://www.hungergamestrilogy.net/20...-hunger-games/
While it would add ethnicity, I thought Johanna was blond. Or I could just be imagining. . I don't watch Glee, so I wouldn't know her ability.

& I'm reading the book again - The older cast might just work out better than I had hoped.

CoS|Pottermore
ThestralStorm121 is two sides of a coin.
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:09 pm
Fourth Year

Oooh, I am sooo excited for this movie!! Definitely going to be a midnight veiwing type of movie. The cast members that they've been announcing seem iffy. I'm not sure what to think. I want to save all judgment until I actually see the movie.

Marauders' girl through and through.
Padfoot is my love

Old April 21st, 2011, 11:19 pm
Fifth Year

^^What do you think is iffy about them?

Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:28 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworthy View Post
While it would add ethnicity, I thought Johanna was blond. Or I could just be imagining. . I don't watch Glee, so I wouldn't know her ability.

& I'm reading the book again - The older cast might just work out better than I had hoped.
I imagined Johanna as blond too. I can't remember how she's described but I think as long as she's written into the script as a tough and hard-driven character, I don't think it would matter.

I think I'm going to re-read the books soon. I read Mockingjay in such a hurry that I think a lot of the stuff went completely over my head.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 10:47 pm
Sixth Year

It looks like they have cast Prim and Katniss's mom. I think she looks the part.

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2011/0...-hunger-games/

I am still wondering who Haymitch and Cinna will be. I can't wait to see who they pick.

Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:02 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix88 View Post
It looks like they have cast Prim and Katniss's mom. I think she looks the part.

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2011/0...-hunger-games/

I am still wondering who Haymitch and Cinna will be. I can't wait to see who they pick.
They have actually cast someone who resembles the book's description.

She looks like she could do despair. Nice choice!

CoS|Pottermore
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:39 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
They have actually cast someone who resembles the book's description.

She looks like she could do despair. Nice choice!
I know, right?! :lol I am still adjusting to the 3 leads, even though there is a lot of fanart out there with them in it. I just have such a hard time with Josh and Jennifer together although I am sure they are great actors.

http://www.thefablife.com/2011-04-21...-up-your-game/

Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:22 am
Third Year

Take a gander at who Haymitch could be.

I think it works.

CoS|Pottermore
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:22 am
Registered Animagus

Wow, she definitely looks the part of Mrs. Everdeen. That's great!

Hmm, John C. Reily as Haymitch. I could see that...

Old April 23rd, 2011, 4:32 am
Second Year

Quote:
My brain just exploded. I love, love, love Reilly and if he plays Haymitch, I could forgive any silly missteps the producers of this film seem to be taking. Oh please let this be true!

Quote:
Haha, this was great. I can't believe Parrish actually posted that pic on his Twitter account!

Old April 23rd, 2011, 5:09 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboywholived8 View Post
My brain just exploded. I love, love, love Reilly and if he plays Haymitch, I could forgive any silly missteps the producers of this film seem to be taking. Oh please let this be true!

Haha, this was great. I can't believe Parrish actually posted that pic on his Twitter account!
I don't know. I have only seen Reilly do screwball comedies, so I guess he could play drunk just fine. However, I always felt that Haymitch was a somewhat tragic and lonely figure- that he was using the alcohol to drown all the pain and trauma that he suffered from being a part of games. Do you think Reilly could pull off the dramatic side of Haymitch? RDJ definitely could and I think Gerard Butler too, but I haven't seen enough of Reilly apart from his movies with Will Ferrell. If he is cast, I am definitely curious to see if he can do more than just play up the comedic side of Haymitch.

As for Hunter, it was nice of him to acknowledge his fans. I was never adamant about him being cast, but he does look the part and I can see why he had so much support.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 8:17 am
Fifth Year

Paula Malcomson is the best casting decision of this movie so far. She looks exactly how I pictures Ms. Everdeen, and she's a great actress! Apparently we don't have to choose between looks and talent.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 5:10 pm
Second Year

Quote:
I don't know. I have only seen Reilly do screwball comedies, so I guess he could play drunk just fine. However, I always felt that Haymitch was a somewhat tragic and lonely figure- that he was using the alcohol to drown all the pain and trauma that he suffered from being a part of games. Do you think Reilly could pull off the dramatic side of Haymitch? RDJ definitely could and I think Gerard Butler too, but I haven't seen enough of Reilly apart from his movies with Will Ferrell. If he is cast, I am definitely curious to see if he can do more than just play up the comedic side of Haymitch.
I don't know why I feel so much love for Reilly. I've seen him in interviews and stuff, and he just seems like an all-around nice guy. Have you seen Gangs of New York or Chicago? I thought he was great in both and he showed the ability to play a more dramatic role. I will say though that lately he's been choosing more comedic roles, so I think a lot of people's perceptions of him will be based off that. But I truly think that he'll be able to play Haymitch if chosen.

Although I'm now rooting for Reilly, if someone like RDJ is chosen, I'll still be pretty excited.

Old April 26th, 2011, 6:32 pm
Registered Animagus

Introducing District 3

http://www.facebook.com/thehungergam...53235154741250

Old April 26th, 2011, 7:12 pm
Seventh Year

Oh I like the idea of Reilly as Haymitch! I've seen him in mostly screwball comedies but I still think he'd do good. It would be something different for him. Someone mentioned someone like Gerard Butler. I don't really like that idea too much. Haymitch isn't that strikingly handsome in my imagination. He may have been or would have been if the Hunger Games never occured in his life. But the wear and tear of the Hunger Games and the trials that man has been through, we need to see someone more worn and rugged. Just my opinion. I think Reilly would do this well.

Old April 26th, 2011, 9:10 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Have we ever had a description of the District 3 tributes? Or do we see them much at all? According to imdb, Kalia Prescott has done stuntwork before so she'll probably be involved in a bit of fighting. I'm not really too interested in the casting for the other tributes, they don't play too much of a part. I think the casting for Thresh and Rue is spot on though The actors haven't been in much but I'm sure they'll do a good job.

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live AgainOne shots
Old April 26th, 2011, 9:41 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Ooh, loads of new casting. I think I like a lot of these ones.
And John C Reilly - I could see him as Haymitch. I think he could really do that "been through the mill" thing that Haymitch has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelowo93 View Post
Have we ever had a description of the District 3 tributes? Or do we see them much at all? According to imdb, Kalia Prescott has done stuntwork before so she'll probably be involved in a bit of fighting. I'm not really too interested in the casting for the other tributes, they don't play too much of a part. I think the casting for Thresh and Rue is spot on though The actors haven't been in much but I'm sure they'll do a good job.
I don't think the girl tribute featured much, but the boy from 3 was the one who wired up the detonators to protect the Careers' supplies, which was why they let him live.

If Prescott has done some stuntwork, and they're going to make use of that, I think they might give us a big scene at the Cornucopia, and more detail than we get from inside Katniss' head.

I agree, the actress who plays Santana would be a great Johanna.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion