Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Toy Story 3

Old June 19th, 2009, 6:59 pm
First Year

Toy Story 3

Another Toy Story movie is due to come out June 18, 2010.

It looks like it is going to be pretty funny.

Here is a link to the site about the movie Toy Story 3

What do you think about the trailer?
Will you go and see it?
And any other thoughts about the movie.

Gryffindor
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2009, 7:22 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Toy Story 3

I haven't watched it yet -- but I'll have to check it out -- since I watched the first two Toy Story movies...

I might if it seems as good as the first two were.

Hopefully they got the same actors that they had in the original movies... that would be awesome .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old June 19th, 2009, 7:29 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Hopefully they got the same actors that they had in the original movies... that would be awesome .
They doooo , all of the same actors are doing the main Characters voices its pretty sweet it would not be the same if they were different voices.

Gryffindor
Old June 19th, 2009, 7:40 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperboard View Post
They doooo , all of the same actors are doing the main Characters voices its pretty sweet it would not be the same if they were different voices.
Awesome, it's good that they were able to do that. Considering people's schedules and all that.

Guess it'll be something that I'll be looking forward to then .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 4:22 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Awesome, it's good that they were able to do that. Considering people's schedules and all that.

Guess it'll be something that I'll be looking forward to then .
I am pretty excited for this movie! I loved the first two movies!

But not all of the originals will be back. Jim Varney, who voiced the Slinky Dog died in 2000. So there will be a new actor there. But I think all the rest are the original voices!

Old June 22nd, 2009, 4:58 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by katana View Post
But not all of the originals will be back. Jim Varney, who voiced the Slinky Dog died in 2000. So there will be a new actor there. But I think all the rest are the original voices!
Aww Noo, Hopefully the guy that does his voice is good>

Gryffindor
Old June 24th, 2009, 9:05 pm
Sixth Year

I know. Jim Varney was kind of unique though. Hopefully the new guy isn't too off.

Old June 25th, 2009, 1:17 am
Seventh Year

I'm very curious about this movie (seeing the teaser before Up was somewhat of a surprise too). First off, it's Pixar, so there's no question I'll go see it; but third movies in series rarely work. If anyone can produce a rare exception, though, it's probably Pixar. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Michael Keaton as the voice of Ken (to Jodi Benson's Barbie).

Old June 25th, 2009, 5:56 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
I'm very curious about this movie (seeing the teaser before Up was somewhat of a surprise too). First off, it's Pixar, so there's no question I'll go see it; but third movies in series rarely work. If anyone can produce a rare exception, though, it's probably Pixar. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Michael Keaton as the voice of Ken (to Jodi Benson's Barbie).
That's the thing about Pixar though, they haven't made a disappointing movie yet, IMO. I think Toy Story 3 will do great.
Did you know Michael Keaton was also the voice of Chick Hicks in 'Cars'? I didn't know that. I know they like to have returning voices. Like John Ratzenberger....I think he's been in almost all of the Pixar films, if not all.

Old June 25th, 2009, 6:03 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
That's the thing about Pixar though, they haven't made a disappointing movie yet, IMO. I think Toy Story 3 will do great.
Yeah, I don't actually want to say I'm waiting for Pixar to fail, I'm not, but it's unbelievable; could people accept a movie with rats (well, a rat chef) as the protagonists? Well, yes, if the movie is Ratatouillej. Could people accept a more-esoteric-than-usual sci-fi satire with little dialogue in the first half? Well, if it's WALL-E. Could people accept a movie where the protagonist is a senior citizen? See Up. And now their next challenge: make another great sequel to a movie that in the hands of a lesser studio could have just been a gimmick.

I hate whenever I sound too glowing, but it's hard not to come off that way sometimes.

(And yes, I did know Keaton had done the voice of Chick Hicks in Cars; to me, he stole the movie. There's a Cars 2 coming in 2011, I wonder if he's returning for that one - if he is, I would hope he'd have a larger role somehow.)

Old June 25th, 2009, 6:22 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenjoyAcidPops View Post
(And yes, I did know Keaton had done the voice of Chick Hicks in Cars; to me, he stole the movie. There's a Cars 2 coming in 2011, I wonder if he's returning for that one - if he is, I would hope he'd have a larger role somehow.)
That's awesome! Can't wait! I hope they get all the originals back for it!
I thought I heard of an 'Incredibles 2' at one point too. But I'm not sure.

Old June 26th, 2009, 4:11 pm
Ravenclaw Prefect

Quote:
Did you know Michael Keaton was also the voice of Chick Hicks in 'Cars'? I didn't know that. I know they like to have returning voices. Like John Ratzenberger....I think he's been in almost all of the Pixar films, if not all.
Yes, Ratzenberger has been in every Pixar feature film so far:

Toy Story 1 & 2--Hamm
A Bug's Life--PT Flea
The Incredibles--The Undertaker
Cars--Mack
Finding Nemo--the school of fish that play charades with Dory
Ratatouille-Mustafa
Up--Construction Foreman
Monsters Inc--Abominable Snowman
Wall-E--John

There's a little spoof of that at the end of Cars, where Mack is watching a series of Pixar movies (redone with a Car theme) at the drive-in theater in Radiator Springs and keeps complimenting the actor who plays all the Ratzenberger roles until he realized that they keep using the same guy for all the movies. It's pretty funny!

Awesome Ravenclaw Princess of the Strawberry-ness/Pottermore Ravenclaw & Thunderbird
Back to COS, the Forum that Lived
Old June 26th, 2009, 4:23 pm
Fifth Year

Ever since we got back from Disneyland Paris my 3 year old has been obsessed with Toy Story. They had a very good ride he loved and we ended up bringing a Buzz home with us.

Does anybody know if there is any truth in the rumour that 3 jumps forward a few years to just before Andy goes to college?

Old June 28th, 2009, 10:16 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth83 View Post
Does anybody know if there is any truth in the rumour that 3 jumps forward a few years to just before Andy goes to college?
I believe that's true.

Old June 28th, 2009, 11:17 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth83 View Post

College? That would make him a bit old. I never thought they would do a third Toy Story, the trailer looked pretty cute, kind of like the old ones. I'm hoping it will be pretty good. Like IenjoyAcidPops said a third movie doesn't usually work out great , but this one looks a bit promising.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Old June 29th, 2009, 12:56 am
Banned

This is strange. I loved the Toy Story movies, but never thought they would make a third one. It has been 10 years and will be 11 years when it comes out, since they've made any of these movies. Still, the teaser does look funny and the animation looks good. Might be worth a watch. I think it'll be cute.

The IMDB page for this can be found here. It says that Tom Hanks and Tim Allen have been cast, so that's good. Got some of the original voices. I'm not sure on the others, though and if they were in the first two or not.

Old June 29th, 2009, 1:09 am
Seventh Year

All of the established toys of the first two (Tom Hanks as Woody, Tim Allen as Buzz, Joan Cusack as Jessie, Wallace Shawn as Rex, John Ratzenberger as Hamm, Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head, Estelle Harris as Mrs. Potato Head, Jodi Benson as Barbie, Annie Potts as Bo Peep) are back - with the notable exception of the late Jim Varney (Slinky Dog) who died shortly after the second was released.

Old June 29th, 2009, 1:25 am
Sixth Year

Pixar can do no wrong. Seeing as the sequel is just as good, if not a tad better than the first, a third film after so many other Pixar endeavors is just perfect.

Old June 29th, 2009, 2:30 am
Fourth Year

Good lord, it's been ten years since Toy Story 2. Those of us who grew up on the first two...well...we're pretty old now. I wonder if it's been ten years for Woody and Buzz as well? This will be a trippy movie. Really bizarre.

This must be how cranky old people feel when really old movies get remade for a new generation. I feel like I'm going through a rite of passage.

Old July 1st, 2009, 5:32 am
Second Year

im def seein it!!!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion