Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Old November 17th, 2011, 11:57 am
Seventh Year

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherD View Post
I'm with you, having recently finished reading Breaking Dawn I'm not sure splitting it into two movies was necessary. I don't get releasing them an entire year apart, either. That feels like prolonging it to milk the series. I'd understand better if they weren't filmed at the same time--but to essentially have both films in the can and delay part two until the following year seems dumb.

Where did you read that the cast doesn't get along? I'd love to read about that!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
Here you go. These quotes have been taken from Seventeen magazine where Reed is the cover girl.

The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders...
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2011, 1:43 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by padfootrules View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
Here you go. These quotes have been taken from Seventeen magazine where Reed is the cover girl.
Thanks! Sounds like she was giving an honest assessment. I think people want to assume that casts like this (and HP) all become best friends but reality is these people are working together and just like any job, there are going to be people you don't like or don't get along with.

Old November 18th, 2011, 3:25 pm
First Year

I watched it this tuesday/wednesday (midnight showing), and thought it was great! The style really different from the other movies though, but in a good way. There were a lot of funny moments which I really liked.

Two things i'm disappointed with though:

Spoiler: show
Some of the serious scenes turned into comedic ones. Together with the intended jokes it gave me a feeling that this was more of a romantic comedy.

The Jacob creates his own pack scene. The voices. Jeez. It just sounded so stupid, I felt all awkward and wanted to cover my ears.

What? I'm eating
Old November 18th, 2011, 4:02 pm
Fourth Year

So far, the people that I know who have seen it have liked it and felt it was the best movie so far. I may go see it tonight. I'm looking forward to it!

Old November 18th, 2011, 5:20 pm
First Year

the movie was amazing! My Girlfriend and i went last night for the midnight showing and we loved it.

we are going again tonight

Accessed Pottermore: 8/1/2011

Pottermore Username: JinxOwl126
Old November 18th, 2011, 7:45 pm
BANNED... No really they are...

In my opinion, it was the best movie of the series thus far!!! I have to admit, though, there were some cheesy, cheesy, corny moments that were NOT intended to be funny, but were. However, overall, the movie was a vast improvement from other ones. I really do like the movies a whole lot better than the books.

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old November 18th, 2011, 7:55 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnaD View Post
I watched it this tuesday/wednesday (midnight showing), and thought it was great! The style really different from the other movies though, but in a good way. There were a lot of funny moments which I really liked.

Two things i'm disappointed with though:

Some of the serious scenes turned into comedic ones. Together with the intended jokes it gave me a feeling that this was more of a romantic comedy.

The Jacob creates his own pack scene. The voices. Jeez. It just sounded so stupid, I felt all awkward and wanted to cover my ears.
I agree and I missed the
Blonde jokes and no way Alice should have been able to help Bella stand on her feet, in the book she couldn't even go near her

Old November 19th, 2011, 8:39 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyCane23049 View Post
I agree and I missed the
Blonde jokes and no way Alice should have been able to help Bella stand on her feet, in the book she couldn't even go near her
I loved the film, favourite of the series so far, but agree with you about what was missing. I loved Jacob's relationship with Rosalie in the books and it annoyed me that they cut it, same with Jacob and Alice. It really annoyed me that they cut Alice and Jake becoming friends whilst Bella was pregnant. I Also think the honeymoon went on far too long and cringe when Jacob imprinted. Reneesmee looked too unrealistic and the who scenes of her running through that wood and growing up was weird.

Favourite scenes were the wedding and the birth scenes. I loved that they used the song from the prom for the wedding and Bella's Lullaby for Edward's speech and the birth scene seemed incredibly realistic with the sound effects.

Twitter - @NiallJAdams
Old November 19th, 2011, 12:30 pm
Fourth Year

Saw it last night. I have to say, I thought it was pretty bad. I admit I am not a huge fan of this series anyways, so I'm not surprised that true fans are liking it. I think it had everything the fans want in the movie.

My quibbles are the awful special effects (a problem in all the movies and inexcusable in the age of amazing special effect capabilities), the wolf voices (what the heck?!) and the pacing. I felt it began to drag a bit and I truly think this could have been one long(er) movie.

The wedding was beautiful and the birth scene was appropriately gruesome. I feel like they did the book justice. And being the sappy person I am, I felt a little twinge when Bella was walking down the aisle and locked eyes with Stephanie Meyer. I can appreciate what that must be like as an author to seeing something you've created come to life.

Old November 19th, 2011, 4:06 pm
First Year

I'm a huge Twilight fan and thought this one was the best so far (I always think that and will probably say the same thing about the last one). The wedding scene was absolutely beautiful (I cried) and the honeymoon scenes were funny, which I like because a whole movie that is completely serious is depressing. I also thought the birth scene was gruesome but turned out great. I hated the wolfpack scene with the voices (awkward and cheesy) but I couldn't think of how they would do that effectively anyway.

I can see how people that haven't read the books/aren't fans of Twilight won't like it because, yes, it can be corny and Rob makes weird faces lol. But as a fan, I overlook these things and still LOVE the movie.

It cut off at the exact moment I thought it would, which was satisfying but still a massive cliffhanger and I can't wait to see the last one!!!! Even though I'm sad it's over.

sig by DarkLord7

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
~Sirius Black

Pottermore:
CauldronPixie6904
Hufflepuff
Wand-black walnut, phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility
Old November 19th, 2011, 5:25 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
It cut off at the exact moment I thought it would, which was satisfying but still a massive cliffhanger and I can't wait to see the last one!!!!
Yes, that was another thing that I thought they got right--ending with her opening her eyes. It was perfect.

I have read the books, and feel like even with the flaws in them, they are better than the movies (which is usually the case!) and even though I don't care for the movies too much I do feel like they got this one right as far as representing the book. And yes, fans of the series will definitely love it.

All that said, I will still drag myself to the theater to see Part 2!

Old November 19th, 2011, 5:54 pm
Member of the Order

Quote:
Saw it last night. I have to say, I thought it was pretty bad. I admit I am not a huge fan of this series anyways, so I'm not surprised that true fans are liking it. I think it had everything the fans want in the movie.
I saw (endured) the first three. I will not be seeing this one. (As it will likely test me beyond my endurance)

Fans liking it while critics rip it apart...not surprising.

This particular review convinced me not to see it. I agreed with it in that the films seem to have been getting better...until this latest installment apparently.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old November 19th, 2011, 8:13 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post
I saw (endured) the first three. I will not be seeing this one. (As it will likely test me beyond my endurance)

Fans liking it while critics rip it apart...not surprising.

This particular review convinced me not to see it. I agreed with it in that the films seem to have been getting better...until this latest installment apparently.
That review was hilarious and spot on!

Old November 21st, 2011, 3:15 pm
Sixth Year

My BF and I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was awesome. I think Summit has done a great job in interpreting the books to screen, and this film was no exception. I liked a lot of the things that were featured in the movie. I didn't think the wolf voices were cheesy because they were speaking through their thoughts, which is what they do in the books, so I thought that was done well. I also liked Jacob's imprinting on Renesmee and how it was handled as well as Bella turning into a vampire and showing all of her human memories then ending with her opening her eyes and seeing them as red. That was the best way to end it, IMHO.

I did miss the blonde jokes, but maybe they didn't want to do that because they wanted to try to make it semi-serious. I also liked the added scene of the wolves fighting the vampires as I thought it was well done.

Overall, I thought it was an awesome movie, and I'll be waiting for part two, though I agree that they should at least release it in the summer instead of waiting for next November.

Old November 22nd, 2011, 3:57 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Overall, I thought it was an awesome movie, and I'll be waiting for part two, though I agree that they should at least release it in the summer instead of waiting for next November.
AGREE! Waiting a whole year would be torturous.

I also missed the scene where Rosalie bends a metal bowl into a dog dish and scratches "Fido" into it. I heard Nikki Reed said she was sad that scene got cut so maybe it will be on the DVD.

sig by DarkLord7

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
~Sirius Black

Pottermore:
CauldronPixie6904
Hufflepuff
Wand-black walnut, phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility
Old November 27th, 2011, 2:07 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, maybe it will. I thought that scene in the book was hilarious as well as all the blonde jokes Jacob told Rose.

Old November 29th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard of people who are having seizures due to it.

link to article about this

Has anyone run into this issue while watching the movie?

Just hearing about this on the news, changed my mind about seeing it at all. It's not worth the risk . The only way I could see it is if I fast forwarded through the said scene(s).

On a side note, why would they include something like that, if it would cause people to have seizures? It just doesn't make any real sense. You'd figure they'd want to prevent lawsuits from occuring.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old November 30th, 2011, 1:56 am
Fourth Year

Weird. I don't remember anything strobe-y about that scene

Old December 1st, 2011, 9:09 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Weird. I don't remember anything strobe-y about that scene
I see. Maybe it's due to the red and black lights moving so fast during that scene. Some people are more photo sensitive to that kind of thing. And the scenes with the wolves (that I've seen via the tv previews) seem to be faster this time around.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 12:56 am
Sixth Year

Yeah, I never saw anything strobe-like about it. My BF has a seizure disorder, and it didn't bother him as he saw the movie with me. I would think that if it was that bad, he would be having a seizure, but he didn't.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion