Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Twilight: Breaking Dawn

Old June 5th, 2011, 10:50 pm
Second Year

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn (Nov 2011)

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!! This has already been on my calendar since January...but ahhhhh!!!!!!!! D D

From beginning to end, I shall say it again. Twas nice to be amongst the most dearest of friends.-Brynn Ashleigh '11
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:39 am
Registered Animagus

Wow, it actually looks pretty good. Love the opening with the envelopes being delivered, and the part with Jacob. And I also loved the part with Bella at the end.

Old June 6th, 2011, 12:39 am
BANNED... No really they are...

I'm sooo ridiculously excited!!!!

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old June 6th, 2011, 3:45 am
Sixth Year

Loved the trailer! I thought the buildup with the wedding invitations was very nicely done...and the clips of the honeymoon and wedding made me smile from ear to ear. Glad they included the headboard being smashed :lol

Old June 6th, 2011, 1:44 pm
Registered Animagus

In terms of actual movie trailers, the new trailer is actually quite good in trailer standards. The beginning of it... if that whole scene with the envelopes being delivered is the beginning scene... it is going to be really cool. Perhaps almost emotional as the Obliviate scene in DH1.

Old June 7th, 2011, 8:58 pm
First Year

While I can understand the sort of market books like Twilight appeal to, it does slightly hack me off that the infinitely more deserving Inheritance Cycle got a complete and utter shambles of a movie which has killed any chance of them making a series out of it.

Old June 7th, 2011, 11:31 pm
Registered Animagus

Eragon series has a good audience, just like Twilight. Movie-wise, it just needed a better kick-start then it had. Twilight could have been absolutely horrible. But it wasn't, it got the start it needed for the movies. I've talked to a lot of people who absolutely hate Twilight. Hate it. But... when they admit it, they actually like the first movie. Not the rest, but the first one is good.

I am sure if Eragon movie was good, it could have been close to having its third book done in a movie. Unfortunately it didn't have the success like Twilight. Breaking Dawn is in two parts, because Summit understands it is popular enough to withstand two movies.

Last edited by Fury; June 7th, 2011 at 11:34 pm.
Old June 7th, 2011, 11:41 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Eragon series has a good audience, just like Twilight. It just needed a better kick-start then it had. Twilight could have been absolutely horrible. But it wasn't, it got the start it needed for the movies. I've talked to a lot of people who absolutely hate Twilight. Hate it. But... when they admit it, they actually like the first movie. Not the rest, but the first one is good.

I am sure if Eragon movie was good, it could have been close to having its third book done in a movie. Unfortunately it didn't have the success like Twilight. Breaking Dawn is in two parts, because Summit understands it is popular enough to withstand two movies.
It is interesting because eragon was one of the few instances where I went to see the movie without reading the book. I was curious as I remember that it came out after LOTR ended and was yearning for more fantasy. I thought the movie was just okay. It did not peak my interest enough to read the books and I just did not feel any connection to the main protagonist. My friends who did read the book said the books were great and that the movie did not do justice to the book. Either way, the movie just did not make me interested in reading the books.

In the case of twilight, I happened to read the book first and initially thought the movie was awful. Ironically, most of my friends and relatives had not read the book and loved the first movie. The movie is what prompted them to read the books and made them part of the twilight craze. Now when I look back at the first film, even though the special effects were awful, Catherine Hardwicke did do a good job of capturing that intensity of bella and edward and I do think it actually is the best of the 3 in terms of the emotions it was able to get across even though the production value was lacking.

Somehow, that has carried thru over the last 3 years all the way to breaking dawn. It really is amazing. If they do the first film right, the Hunger Games will probably reach the same popularity.

Old September 10th, 2011, 1:25 am
Registered Animagus

New preview of the trailer coming next week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqMIc...layer_embedded

Wow, just this short little preview looks incredible. The Wolves, especially the scene with the wolf on the hill, looks absolutely amazing!

Old September 17th, 2011, 7:30 am
Sixth Year

I just saw the full trailer that came out this week. It looks surprisingly good. Great make up for Bella!

Old September 17th, 2011, 1:04 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix88 View Post
I just saw the full trailer that came out this week. It looks surprisingly good. Great make up for Bella!
Yes, I really liked the trailer! Looks like they have a good story for Part 1. Love how they are including the wolves so much. Even though I dislike Jacob, I like the little pack he has with Leah and Seth, and I really hope we see a lot of that.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 2:01 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Kristen Stewart promoting Breaking Dawn on the cover of GQ UK. I think it looks very nice.

Kristen Stewart:    

Last edited by Hes; October 3rd, 2011 at 2:13 pm.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 2:38 pm
Sixth Year

I'm excited for this movie. I can understand why they want to split it into two parts, but the question is where will they split it off at?

Old October 3rd, 2011, 6:37 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I'm excited for this movie. I can understand why they want to split it into two parts, but the question is where will they split it off at?
Nessie's birth. It might end with Bella opening her eyes for the first time as a vampire.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 8:40 pm
Sixth Year

Hmm, that's interesting.

Old November 1st, 2011, 10:19 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury View Post
Nessie's birth. It might end with Bella opening her eyes for the first time as a vampire.
I thought the same thing! I think this is probably the perfect ending/cliffhanger into the second movie. Eeeek I'm so excited...I've already pre-ordered my midnight premier tickets.

Also, don't ya'll just love the wedding verson of Flightless Bird, American Mouth?? This became one of my favorite songs after seeing it on the first movie and I think it's so cool that Iron and Wine remade it for Breaking Dawn. It gives me chills when I hear it.

sig by DarkLord7

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.
~Sirius Black

Pottermore:
CauldronPixie6904
Hufflepuff
Wand-black walnut, phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 inches, hard flexibility
Old November 15th, 2011, 8:18 am
BANNED... No really they are...

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn (Nov 16-18th 2011)

I am already riled up for this movie! Will be seeing it at midnight, and I am very happy that I got my tickets when I did because all the showings around my area are sold out!

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old November 16th, 2011, 5:02 am
First Year

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn (Nov 16-18th 2011)

My girlfriend and i are really excited for this movie for this weekend

Accessed Pottermore: 8/1/2011

Pottermore Username: JinxOwl126
Old November 17th, 2011, 10:04 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
You do? Can you explain to me why though? I have read the books and while the last one is punishingly long, I don't remember much other than boy-girl marry and have a kid. Bad people want that kid. Everyone stares at each other and then turns and goes home Oh and the girls former love interest falls in love with her baby. It could have all more than easily fit inside the standard 1 1/2 hour movie..

Anyway I was reading some reports and it really seems like the Twilight cast don't really get along. I am really glad that the HP series survived the office romance rumours, the 10 year working dynamics and the ever revolving supporting cast. Even Dan and Tom seem to be great friends and that in the end did not ruin the experience for the fans who grew up with the series. It was bittersweet for everyone and everyone loved one another...Maybe the Twilight fanbase likes all the unnecessary cussing and brooding and drama? Am just really grateful for HP

The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders...
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:20 am
Fourth Year

Re: Twilight: Breaking Dawn

I'm with you, having recently finished reading Breaking Dawn I'm not sure splitting it into two movies was necessary. I don't get releasing them an entire year apart, either. That feels like prolonging it to milk the series. I'd understand better if they weren't filmed at the same time--but to essentially have both films in the can and delay part two until the following year seems dumb.

Where did you read that the cast doesn't get along? I'd love to read about that!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion