Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Alfred Hitchcock Movies

Old March 6th, 2012, 11:15 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Alfred Hitchcock Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Yeah, it does...which is why I don't suggest it to a Hitchcock newbie.

EDIT: Wait...I got confused with Shadow of a Doubt...hmm, not sure what you're talking about cause Strangers is very tightly paced actually with the exception of about 10 minutes. (which isn't until later in the film)
Well it was the only one that they had in... ... I tried looking for North by Northwest, but I had no luck ...

It was the scene in the train at the beginning of the film... it seemed a little slow.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2012, 7:04 pm

Finally saw Strangers on a Train . It was worth the watch, liked the American version of it a little better though. The editing seemed to be a little better and made more sense in some parts.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old March 18th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Finally saw Strangers on a Train . It was worth the watch, liked the American version of it a little better though. The editing seemed to be a little better and made more sense in some parts.
Which are you going to watch next?

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!
Old March 19th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
Which are you going to watch next?
I have a dvd of some more of his stuff at home, and I think it includes The 39 steps, which is about the only Hitchcock film my local library has, aside from Strangers on a Train. I'll have to go and rent some from my local video store when I can.

Old June 16th, 2012, 11:25 pm
First Year

While not exactley a Hicthcock film, it's a film about Hitchcock. Thought this would be the place for it. Just read this at CinemaRoll Mag.

Scarlett Johansson set to star in Psycho!

Apparently Scarlett Johansson is the next major star that has been recently attached to big screen film, Psycho.
Encase you werenít aware, the up coming film is about the making of Alfred Hitchcocks legendary 1960s suspense film, Psycho, simple entitled by the same name. Itís based on a bestselling . .

Read More at:
http://cinemaroll.com/cinemarolling/...#ixzz1xx0yPHQN

Old June 17th, 2012, 5:37 am
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce76 View Post
While not exactley a Hicthcock film, it's a film about Hitchcock. Thought this would be the place for it. Just read this at CinemaRoll Mag.
Scarlett Johansson set to star in Psycho!
She looks enough like Janet Leigh. Here are some thoughts on the credits...

Random thoughts based on the credits listed at IMDB:    

It's based on the Rebello book. I wonder if they used any of Janet Leigh's book as well.

They've cast for the parts of Ed Gein and Henry Gein. This indicates that they plan to go into the backstory behind the plot of Psycho - which does crop up in the Rebello book (and in pretty much any account of the making of Psycho). What's odd, though, is that they have not cast for the part of Robert Bloch - the writer who was inspired by the Ed Gein case to write the novel. This makes me wonder if they're going to present Psycho as having come straight from the mind of screenwriter Joseph Stefano and Alfred Hitchcock. That would suit Stefano's ego nicely. But it wouldn't do much for the truth.

Helen Mirren is playing Alma Reville. So obviously, they're going to show us some of Hitchcock's home life - and almost certainly his working relationship with his wife (who was a film editor before he ever directed a film). Hitchcock always took his ideas home to Alma.

I think it's cool that they've cast for the parts of Saul Bass (title designer) and Bernard Herrmann (composer). Obviously, they'll go into some of the artistic details behind the production.

They've cast for the part of Pat Hitchcock, who did a scene early in the film with Janet Leigh. I'm wondering if Pat cooperated at all with the production. She loves to talk about her father's movies.

I find the choice of Scarlett Johanssen as Janet Leigh interesting. It makes me wonder how they're going to portray Janet Leigh. Leigh is actually one of the sweetest people I have ever met, and her warmth seemed absolutely authentic. I hope they don't turn her into some hard-as-nails Hollywood cutthroat prima donna.

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |
Voted #2 - Most Likely to Make a Doctor Who Reference

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old July 20th, 2012, 6:46 am
First Year

They're remaking Psycho?!?!?

Uh, I don't know how to react to that, really... IMHO, they are going to have to look far and wide to find someone to equal Tony Perkins. That last shot at the end where 'Mother' is looking at us through Norman's eyes and face.. truly chilling.

― Roald Dahl
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion