Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Music (Entertainment)

Introduce Yourself: Music Taste.

Old March 28th, 2011, 3:06 am
Second Year

Re: Introduce Yourself: Music Taste.

Name/Nickname: Kari

Favourite bands/artists: The Temper Trap
Favourite albums: The Graduate soundtrack by Simon & Garfunkel
Favourite songs: You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oats or Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root
Favourite live act: Andrew Bird

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Kelly Clarkson
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? The Beatles
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Smashmouth
One song that everybody should hear: Money Grabber by Fitz and the Tantrums

Old April 19th, 2011, 4:25 pm
Third Year

Name/Nickname: skistar123

Favourite bands/artists:
Radiohead, The Smiths, Death Cab For Cutie, My Bloody Valentine, David Bowie, Elliott Smith, Arcade Fire, Pulp, Leonard Cohen, New Order, The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed...
Favourite albums:
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless, Radiohead - Amnesiac, Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism, The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses, The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico, Lou Reed - Transformer, Bon Iver - For Emma Forever Ago, David Bowie - Hunky Dory,
Favourite songs:
There's too many to list, but my last.fm says all this better than I can!
Favourite live act:
Radiohead!

The musician/s who are the most important to you:
Radiohead
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?
The Smiths
The one band that you'd love to see split up?
Fall Out Boy
One song that everybody should hear:
Soon - My Bloody Valentine

anyone else got last.fm accounts and want to link us to them? Here's mine. If you add me as a friend, put a little message saying you're from on here otherwise I'll ignore it! :P

Old May 26th, 2011, 2:39 am
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Rabbit.

Favourite bands/artists: The Beatles, Coldplay, John Mayer, Florence & the Machine, Broken Bells, Vampire Weekend, Noah & the Whale, The Temper Trap, Sky Sailing, Billy Joel, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, Fleetwood Mac, Mumford & Sons, The Strokes, Chairlift, Frank Sinatra, (& lots more).
Favourite albums: Up From Below (Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros), American Idiot (Green Day), Heavier Things (John Mayer) Continuum (John Mayer) Vampire Weekend (Vampire Weekend), Sigh No More (Mumford & Sons), The Dance (Fleetwood Mac) Rumors (Fleetwood Mac), The White Album (The Beatles), Angles (The Strokes), & all my various soundtracks!
Favourite songs: I'm not even going to list these. Refer to the list of favorites above to get a general idea, because this list would be huge.
Favourite live act: Either Vampire Weekend (so fun to see in concert!!) or Paul McCartney (so awesome).

The musician/s who are the most important to you: John Mayer (he keeps me cool, calm, & collected), Ezra Koenig (voice like an angel, I'd follow him anywhere), Chris Martin (has the same effect as John Mayer, & is generally inspirational) & Paul McCartney (pure musical genius).
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?:The Beatles. Time travel, hurry up & be invented.
The one band that you'd love to see split up?: I don't want to wish doom on any band. Everyone deserves a chance to express themselves.
One song that everybody should hear: Blackbird.

Old May 27th, 2011, 11:28 am
First Year

Name/Nickname: Steph

Favourite bands/artists: Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Prodigy
Favourite albums: Sigh No More by Mumford and Sons, any album by the above three
Favourite songs: The Cave by Mumford and Sons, Someone Like You by Adele, No Good by the Prodigy
Favourite live act: Mumford and Sons

The musician/s who are the most important to you:
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Michael Jackson
The one band that you'd love to see split up? The Saturdays...pretty much any pop group tbh
One song that everybody should hear: Someone Like You by Adele

Old May 27th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Nadine

Favourite bands/artists: Brand New, Jimmy Eat World, Something Corporate, Jack's Mannequin, Boys Like Girls, Coldplay
Favourite albums: Deja Entendu and The God and the Devil are raging inside of me by Brand New, Chase This Light by JEW,
Favourite songs: Degausser by Brand New, Big Casion by JEW, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, Konstantine by Something Corporate
Favourite live act: so far Jimmy Eat World

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Brand New
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Brand New
The one band that you'd love to see split up? since Rihanna and Lady Gaga are not bands I'd go with
One song that everybody should hear: Konstantine by Something Corporate

Old December 28th, 2011, 5:41 pm
First Year

Name/Nickname: EverDream

Favourite bands/artists: Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Lovex, Backstreet Boys
Favourite albums: Watch Out!, Winterheart's Guild, Imaginaerum, Black&Blue
Favourite songs: Watch Out, Ever Dream, The Cage
Favourite live act: Lovex & Sonata Arctica

The musician/s who are the most important to you: A.J.McLean
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Nightwish

The one band that you'd love to see split up? : Negative
One song that everybody should hear: -

Old January 15th, 2012, 6:08 pm
Gwen's Auntie

My last post in this thread was several years ago and my taste in music has changed significantly

Favourite bands/artists: Mumford & Sons, The Puppini Sisters, Seabird, Scouting for Girls, Adele, Mindy Gledhill, Regina Spektor, Switchfoot, Relient K, Michael Jackson, He is We, Meaghan Smith, Neon Trees,

Favourite albums:
Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons, K is for Karaoke by Relient K, The Cricket's Orchestra by Meaghan Smith, Betcha Bottom Dollar by The Puppini Sisters

Favourite songs: It changes depending on what mood I'm in, and there are always at least five or so that are favorites at a time.

Favourite live act: I really haven't seen any of these bands live, and when I do see live music it's usually a local band playing covers

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Mumford & Sons

If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?
Honestly, I don't really care about whether I see a band live or just have their songs on my ipod.

The one band that you'd love to see split up? Um, none?

One song that everybody should hear: Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons, Another New World by Josh Ritter, Heartbroken by Meaghan Smith, Human of the Year by Regina Spektor...

Leave people better than you found them.”
― Marvin J. Ashton
Old April 15th, 2012, 8:40 pm
First Year

Name/Nickname: Anadria

Favourite bands/artists: Absynthe Minded, Arctic Monkeys, The Cure, Customs, Phil Collins, Das Pop, Editors, Elbow, Erdenstern, Feeder, Fleet Foxes, Florence and the Machine, Foo Fighters, K's Choice, Muse, Milow, Mumford & Sons, Nirvana, Nox Arcana, Placebo, Queen, Sigur Ros, The Smiths, Tool, Within Temptation, Zornik and others
Favourite albums: Absolution by Muse, Sigh No More by Mumford & Sons, One-Armed Bandid by Zornik, The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow
Favourite songs: Don't have them, really, it depends on my mood and just from day to day
Favourite live act: Muse

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Most of my favourite bands are very important to me for one or another reason
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Queen
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Triggerfinger
One song that everybody should hear: -

- Alexander Sergeevitsj Poesjkin, Evgeni Onegin -
Old April 17th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Sabrina

Favourite bands/artists: So many...The Beatles, Queen, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson, Regina Spektor, Tegan and Sara, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, James Blunt, Louis Armstrong, Jason Webley, Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Amanda Palmer, The Dresden Dolls, Greenday, Coldplay, Christina Aguilera, Renee Olstead, Eminem, The Civil Wars, Elton John...

Favourite albums: "Songs" and "Far" both by Regina Spektor, any Beatles album (especially "Abbey Road"), "The Con" by Tegan and Sara, "HiStory" by Michael Jackson, "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "The Wall" by Pink Floyd, "Back 2 Basics" by Christina Aguilera...and on and on and on...

Favourite songs: Hmm...
- Basically any Beatles song (Hey Jude, Happiness is a Warm gun, and many, many more).
- "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
- "Ballad Of A Thin Man" and "Masters Of War" by Bob Dylan
- "Man of A Thousand Faces" and "Apres Moi" by Regina Spektor
- Almost any Michael Jackson song Especially "Earth Song", "Little Susie", "The Lost Children", "Money", "Invincible", "Billie Jean", etc etc etc
- "The Trial", "Hey You", "Comfortably Numb" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" by Pink Floyd.
- "Girl With The Red Balloon" by The Civil Wars
- "Open Arms" by Journey
- "Honesty" by Billy Joel
- "Jenny Wrenn" by Paul McCartney
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
- "Dark Come Soon" by Tegan and Sara
- "Your Song" and "Daniel" by Elton John
- "Sounds of Silence", "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" and "Most Peculiar Man" by Simon & Garfunkel.
- "Stan" and "Mockingbird" by Eminem
- "Innocent" and "Safe And Sound" by Taylor Swift
- "Everytime" by Britney Spears
- "No Bravery" and "One Of The Brightest Stars" by James Blunt

...I'll stop now

Favourite live act: I have only seen very few, but I absolutely LOVED Roger Waters.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Michael Jackson Also The Beatles and Tegan and Sara.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Michael Jackson or The Beatles or Queen.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? I respect everyone's music taste, so I wouldn't like to see any bands split up.
One song that everybody should hear:
Of the top of my head:
- "Make It Stop (September's Children)" - Rise Against
- "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson
- "Childhood" by Michael Jackson
- "The Lost Children" by Michael Jackson
- "Imagine" by John Lennon
- "Little Susie" by Michael Jackson
- "Jenny Wrenn" by Paul McCartney
- "They Don't Care About Us" Michael Jackson
- "Genius Next Door" by Regina Spektor
- "Man Of a Thousand Faces" by Regina Spektor
- "I Was Married" by Tegan and Sara
- "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
- Honesty" by Billy Joel
I could go on and on forever

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Music (Entertainment)