Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Music (Entertainment)

Introduce Yourself: Music Taste.

Old October 5th, 2008, 8:47 pm
do you want fries with that?

Re: Introduce Yourself: Music Taste.

Name/Nickname: gipro2003

Favourite bands/artists: I usually prefer songs to artists, but one of my favorite bands is Marquess and Rascal Flatts.
Favourite albums: I guess any of the Rascal Flatts albums, I love all their songs.
Favourite songs: Goodness, too many. Right now I'm loving "Everybody wants to go to Heavan," by Kenny Chesney.
Favourite live act: No preference really.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: None are really that important, music as a whole is more important.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Marquess
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Not sure
One song that everybody should hear: "What Hurts The Most" by Rascal Flatts, I'm sure everyone can relate to that at one point in their lives.

The Next Mesut ÷zil

(Although we must ignore the jersey)
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2008, 4:16 pm
First Year

Top 10 Bands/Artists:
1. The Beatles
2. Bob Dylan
3. The Rolling Stones
4. The Velvet Underground
5. Pink Floyd
6. The Who
7. Jimi Hendrix
8. Leonard Cohen
9. The Kinks
10. David Bowie

Favorite Songs:

1. A Day In The Life - The Beatles
2. Tea For The Tillerman - Cat Stevens
3. Chelsea Hotel #2 - Leonard Cohen
4. Redemption Song - Bob Marley
5. Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
6. Heroin - The Velvet Underground
7. Visions Of Johanna(live) - Bob Dylan
8. A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum
9. Strangers - The Kinks
10. Baba O'Riley - The Who
11. Let It Loose - The Rolling Stones
12. Day Dream Believer - The Monkees
13. It's Alright Ma(I'm Only Bleeding) - Bob Dylan
14. Venus In Furs - The Velvet Underground
15. Brain Damage/Eclipse - Pink Floyd
16. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
17. Dead Flowers - Townes Van Zandt
18. Walk on the Wild Side - Lou Reed
19. The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
20. Changes - David Bowie

Favorite Albums:
1. Exile On Main St. - The Rolling Stones
2. Abbey Road - The Beatles
3. The Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd
4. Pet Sounds - The Beach Boys
5. Revolver - The Beatles
6. Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
7. London Calling - The Clash
8. Rubber Soul - The Beatles
9. The Wall - Pink Floyd
10. The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground

- T.S. Eliot, Choruses from the Rock
Old October 19th, 2008, 8:23 pm
Second Year

Updated!

Name/Nickname: Becca

Favourite bands/artists: Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Vanessa Paradis, Oasis, Rolling Stones, Kate Nash, Paramore, The Kooks, White Stripes, Velvet Underground, The Kills, Nightwish, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson, The Killers, Babyshambles, Bloc Party, The Hush Sound, The Last Shadow Puppets, Amy Winehouse, Bob Dylan, Iggy Pop, Suede, The Beatles, Serge Gainsbourg... the list is endless!

Favourite songs: Amour Jamais, Pourtant, Sunday Mondays, Leau et le vin - Vanessa Paradis Crushcrushcrush, Misery Business, Decode - Paramore Old Yellow Bricks, Teddy Picker - Arctic Monkeys Yellow, Lost!, Viva La Vida, The Hardest Part - Coldplay

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Vanessa Paradis & Coldplay

If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Vanessa Paradis, Coldplay, Oasis, Rolling Stones & Paramore

The one band that you'd love to see split up: MCR, Jonas Brothers, The Hoosiers

One song that everybody should hear: Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley version <3

Old October 20th, 2008, 12:15 am
Secret Keeper

Name/Nickname: Jacqueline or Aurelie (because it sounds cool )

Favourite bands/artists: Paramore, Evanescence, Marilyn Manson, Avenged Sevenfold, David Cook, Carrie Underwood, Apocalyptica etc.
Favourite albums: No idea
Favourite songs: Imaginary (Evanescence), Misery Business (Paramore), Afterlife (Avenged Sevenfold), Nobody's Home (Avril Lavigne), Light On (David Cook), Going Under (Evanescence), list goes on and on
Favourite live act: Seeing that my favorite artists are kind of creepy for aged traditional parents who might get heart attacks....none

The musician/s who are the most important to you: I love Evanescence, they're music is either really exciting or plain really beautiful and they have wonderful lyrics
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?Evanescence
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Most pop groups
One song that everybody should hear: Either Imaginary or Hello, both by Evanescence. I also love the Fight Song by Manson, but it's kind of disturbing in a way....so not too sure about that

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old November 1st, 2008, 8:32 pm
Seventh Year

Mine has changed since i did one a while back

Name/Nickname: Courtney (Sticky)

Favourite bands/artists:Hem hem...:
AFI, Alesana, A Static Lullaby, Alexisonfire, All Shall Perish, All That Remains, Anberlin, As Blood Runs Black, As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red, Before their eyes, Blessthefall, Bon Jovi, Breaking Benjamin, Bring me the Horizon, Bullet For My Valentine, Bury Your Dead, Children of Bodom, City Sleeps, Coheed and Cambria, Disturbed, Dragonforce, Devil Wears Prada, Elliot Minor, Escape the Fate, Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, Hinder, Hopes Die Last, Inhale Exhale, Killswitch Engage, Kill Hannah, Linkin Park, Lordi, Lostprophets, Machine Head, Marilyn Manson, Mayday Parade, Meshuggah, Metallica, Metro Station, Muse, My Chemcial Romance, Panic (!) at the Disco, Papa Roach, Paramore, Parkway Drive, Pennywise, R.E.M, Simple Plan, Slipknot, Suicide Silence, Taking Back Sunday, The Autumn Offering, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Story of the Year, The Sex Pistols, The Used, Thrice, Thursday, Trivium, U2, Underoath, 30 Seconds To Mars

I think i missed a few somewhere though

Favourite albums:
Alesana: On Frail wings of vanity and wax
Blessthefall: His last walk
All That Remains: Fall Of Ideals
Children of Bodom: Are you dead yet?
Before their eyes: Before their eyes
Escap the fate: Dying is your latest fashion
Slipknot: All hope isgone
Underoath: They're only chasing safety

ok..I'll just say them all

Favourite songs:
Alesana: Congratulations i hate you
Alexisonfire: Boiled frogs
Blessthefall: Rise up
Children of bodom: In your face
Suicide Silence- No Pity for a coward
Slipknot: People =....

so hard to chose I will go with that for now haha

Favourite live act:I havent seen any live yet...YET

The musician/s who are the most important to you:All of my musicians are really...especiaslly those who give across such powerful lyrics in my opinion and keep me going..my music means a lot to me

If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?

All of them

The one band that you'd love to see split up?...All pop groups..

One song that everybody should hear: Just look up all the bands i listed if youa re into screamo, metal, rock types of music..they are all very good bands

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:02 am
First Year

ok....name-emma

favourite band(of all time!!!!!!) -evanescence

best ever song-going under and sweet sacrifice

Old November 29th, 2008, 4:09 pm
First Year

Name: Alexandrea

Favorite Bands/Artists: Westlife (that's all!)
Favorite Albums: Can't really fit all of them..
Favorite Songs: Sorry, but I can't actually fit them all....
Favorite Live Act: As if! I haven't even saw one yet, so I don't have any favorites

Most important artists to you: Westlife and ABBA (the only favorite ABBA songs I have is "I Have a Dream" and "Dancing Queen", but still) - because they make great songs and beautiful lyrics. Also, one thing that I like about my favorite bands is that they have GREAT VOICES. OK, so they might be not-so-important to you, but they are to me.
If you could see any band live, regardless of money, time, space, etc, which would they be? Westlife. Um, I know some people hate them (of what other people said about them wanting Westlife to split up), but anyways, my friends and I like them. As for other people who hate them...no comments whatsoever.
One song everybody should hear: There are too many songs I could suggest to anybody, so many you will not be able to hear it all in a single year if you listen to them once a week, or even every weekends. Besides, sometimes people don't even want to listen to them.
One band you'd love to see split up: The Jonas Brothers (no offense guys, but it's just my opinion), MCR,(I don't really have anything against these guys, but I just don't like their music).

Old November 30th, 2008, 6:44 am
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Saki

Favourite bands/artists: The Goo Goo Dolls, Tokio Hotel
Favourite albums: Hmmmm, I dunno...
Favourite songs: Goo Goo Dolls: Iris, Slide, Black Ballon, Let Love In, Better Days, Naked. Tokio Hotel: Scream, Sacred, Rette Mich, Spring Nicht, Ready Set Go! Black, Forgotten Children.
Favourite live act: Ha, I wish....

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Johnny Rzeznik, Bill and Tom Kaulitz.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? My first choice would be Tokio Hotel, then it would be the Goo Goo Dolls.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? I think it would be soooo funny if the Jonas Brothers split up, Id probably laugh to death.
One song that everybody should hear? Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, or Forgotten Children by Tokio Hotel. Oh oh or Citizen Solider by 3 Doors Down.

Donít you ask me if its love my dear
Love donít really mean a thing round here
The fake scenes the plastic-made dreams
Say you donít want it, say you donít want it
{One Night Only}

Old January 12th, 2009, 4:17 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Favourite bands/artists: The Beatles, The Dubliners, John Lennon, George Harrison, Simon & Garfunkel, Queen, T-Rex, Caiseal Mor, Tim Minchin, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Badly Drawn Boy, Silly Wizard, John Williams, Howard Shore.

Favourite songs: There are too many to name.

Favourite live act: I've seen Tim Minchin and Caiseal Mor.

If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?: The Dubliners with Luke Kelly, Ronnie Drew and Ciaran Bourke still alive.

One song that everybody should hear: Tough question, I'll come back to it.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Old January 15th, 2009, 8:38 am
Fifth Year

Name/Nickname: Rachel

Favourite bands/artists: The Hush Sound, The Rocket Summer, The Cab, The Morning Light, Jack's Mannequin, Something Corporate, Isaac Russell/RuRu, Vince Guaraldi (have you heard A Charlie Brown Christmas's soundtrack?), Sing It Loud, Charlotte Sometimes, Eisley, Demi Lovato, We the Kings (Check Yes Juliet is becoming overplayed, this makes me sad), This Providence, Phantom Planet, and whatever Jazz my teacher e-mails me in a week becomes a staple.
Favourite albums: I can't really pick one. Like Vines by The Hush Sound is amazing all the way through as is Elizabeth -RuRu
Favourite songs: anything by The Rocket Summer, anything by The Hush Sound, Take My Hand by The Cab, there are lots of them. I can't choose.
Favourite live act: I can't say I've seen anybody live.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Greta Salpeter of The Hush Sound is brilliant, as are Andrew McMahon (Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate) and Bryce Avary (The Rocket Summer)
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? I'd really love to see the Jazz legends (Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Ella FItzgerald, etc.), but being born in the time I was created some problems there.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? I can't say I want any band to split up. I've watched some of my favorites go to the wind and it's been hard. I don't wish that on anyone.
One song that everybody should hear: Uh... Do You Feel by The Rocket Summer or maybe Eileen and You Are The Moon by The Hush Sound.

Old January 15th, 2009, 12:10 pm
Registered Animagus

Name/Nickname: Hysteria

Favourite bands/artists: Muse, DragonForce, Radiohead, Mindless Self Indulgence, Marilyn Manson, DevilDriver, Dimmu Borgir, Dir En Grey, Anberlin.
Favourite albums: Origin Of Symmetry by Muse, Ultrabeatdown by DragonForce, New Surrender by Anberlin, Antichrist Superstar by Marilyn Manson
Favourite songs: Hysteria- Muse, Reason To Live- DragonForce, Cadence- Anberlin
Favourite live act: Muse, Anberlin, Marilyn Manson, DragonForce

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Muse. They made me interested in music in the first place.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Apart from any bands I've seen in the past ummm I'd love to see The Misfits But the original line up. Umm Dir En Grey and Deathstars.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Paramore, Every rap/rnb/hip hop group that ever existed, Fall Out Boy, Panic At The Disco and probably more...
One song that everybody should hear: Hysteria by Muse

Last edited by Hysteria; January 15th, 2009 at 12:15 pm.
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:49 am
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Theresa/ T

Favourite bands/artists: Genesis, MeatLoaf, Queen, Jackson Browne, Aerosmith, Def Leppard, MCR, Asia, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Yes, Elvis Presley, Led Zeppelin, Skid Row, Peter Gabriel, the Eagles... and i cannot forget Elton John! oh, and Simon Collins.

Favourite albums:
Bat Out Of Hell (MeatLoaf), The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (Genesis), A Night at the Opera (Queen), Toys in the Attic (Aerosmith), Close to the Edge (Yes), Goodbye Yellow Brick Road + Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy (Elton John), Brain Salad Surgery (Emerson, Lake and Palmer), Hotel California (the Eagles)

Favourite songs:
In the Cage, The Knife, Behind the Lines (Genesis); Tank, Lucky Man (Emerson Lake and Palmer); Sleeps Dark and Silent Gate, Sky Blue and Black, Fountain of Sorrow, Doctor My Eyes, The Load out/ stay (Jackson Browne); Wasted Time, Life in the Fast Lane (The Eagles);For Crying Out Loud (MeatLoaf); Funeral For a Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding, This Song Has No Title, We All Fall in Love Sometimes/ Curtains (Elton John); The Big Bang, Eco, Fast Forward to the Future (Simon Collins); Paradise Garage (Tim Curry)

Favourite live act:
Yes, Genesis or Asia.......I'd Pick Yes- the fans are great to be around.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Peter Gabriel, Tony Banks, Jim Steinman, Jimmy Page, Eddie and Alex Van Halen, Joe Elliott, Brian May...just everyone i listen to.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? the Eagles probably......

The one band that you'd love to see split up?
the Rolling Stones. Give the Younger People some time on stage, will ya's?!

One song that everybody should hear:
Wasted Time by the Eagles. Just reading the lyrics may make you cry.

And they can try their hardest, cos they dont frighten me-Behind the Lines- Genesis
I'm sorry, I don't believe that Toilet Paper should have words on it.- me on Twilight
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.-George Carlin
There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.- George Carlin
I'd rather be a fan of Peter Pettigrew than a fan of Edward Cullen.-me, again on Twilight
"Live Long and Prosper."- Spock
Keep behind me. There's no sense in getting killed by a plant.- The Day of the Triffids

Last edited by KeepItDark; January 16th, 2009 at 12:53 am.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 9:30 pm
Fourth Year

Favourite Bands/Artists:
Radiohead
The Beatles
David Bowie
Nick Drake
Animal Collective
The Arcade Fire
Sufjan Stevens
The Replacements
Sam Cooke
The Clash

Favourite Albums:
OK Computer/Kid A-Radiohead
The Stone Roses-The Stone Roses
Astral Weeks-Van Morrison
The Beatles (The White Album)-The Beatles
Let it Be-The Replacements
Pink Moon-Nick Drake
Funeral-The Arcade Fire
Kind of Blue-Miles Davis
Turn on the Bright Lights-Interpol
The Clash-The Clash

Favourite Songs:
A Day in the Life-The Beatles
Muzzle of Bees-Wilco
A Change is Gonna Come-Sam Cooke
I Want You Back-The Jackson 5
Like Spinning Plates-Radiohead
PDA-Interpol
Pink Moon-Nick Drake
Tangled Up in Blue-Bob Dylan
Age of Consent-New Order
Ballerina-Van Morrison

Old May 15th, 2009, 10:02 pm
First Year

Name/Nickname: Shannon

Favourite bands/artists: Weezer, Ben Folds, Muse, Dave Matthews, The Beatles, Angels and Airwaves, Buck-O-Nine, The Clash, Dashboard Confessional, The Donnas, Dropkick Murphy's, Fiona Apple, Foo Fighters, The Violent Femmes, Jawbreaker, The Transplants, Rancid, Tears For Fears, The Cure, Snow Patrol, The Smashing Pumpkins, Secondhand Serenade, Rooney, Rilo Kiley, Radiohead, Presidents of the United States of America... those are just a few

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Weezer, I've loved them for so long. And Ben Folds, he can make me experience every emotion possible. One more, The Beatles, my childhood is full of their songs.

If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Ben Folds. He's coming to San Diego next week and I can't afford to go

One song that everybody should hear: Still Fighting It ~ Ben Folds Five

Favorite Songs:
~ Crash Into Me ~ The Stevie Nicks cover
~ Annie Waits ~ Ben Folds
~ Because ~ The Beatles
~ The Adventure ~ Angels and Airwaves
~ Supermassive Black Hole ~ Muse
~ Open Your Eyes ~ Snow Patrol
~ Hey Jude ~ The Beatles
~ The Beginning is the End is the Beginning ~ The Smashing Pumpkins
~ 15 Steps ~ Radiohead
There's too many.....

Last edited by skellingtonfan; May 15th, 2009 at 10:23 pm.
Old May 20th, 2009, 1:15 am
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Kate (not a nickname)

Favourite bands/artists:John Mellencamp, Supertramp, George Harrison, The Beatles, Kansas, Billy Joel, Elton John, Bread (best band ever), Stevie Nicks, Alanis Morissette, Pat Benatar, The Talking Heads, Steve Winwood, Simon and Garfunkel, Led Zeppelin, Blondie, The Police, Hall and Oates, The Cars, Queen, The Lovin' Spoonful, Bruce Sprinsteen, Buffalo Springfield, Phil Collins, Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, James Taylor, Jackson Browne (is amazing), Jimi Hendrix (of course! Who does not like Jimi Hendrix??), Paul McCartney and The Wings, The Beach Boys, Styx, Foreigner (Amazing!!), Journey, Chicago, Eric Clapton, The Eagles, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Jason Mraz, Huey Lewis and The News, The Guess Who, The Blues Brothers, The Doobie Brothers, The Grateful Dead, The Incredible String Band (only one song, actually - Ducks On A Pond. =D), The Monkees, The Byrds, John Lennon, Maroon Five, Nickelback, Snow Patrol, The Fray, Coldplay, NeverShoutNever! (Christofer Ingle has the most incredible voice), Bachman Turner Overdrive, ELO (Electric Light Orchestra), Tokio Hotel, Abba, The Who, The Pretenders, Phil Collins, Bob Dylan, Jimmy Buffet, America, Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Doors, Steve Miller Band, Traffic, Blind Faith, Cream, The Clash, Spencer Davis Group, Go, O'Jays, White Stripe, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pointer Sisters, Rare Earth, Kool And The Gang, Panic! At The Disco, Kiss, Heart, Rush, R.E.M., Willy Deville, Three Dog Night (my new favourite band. Well, not really), Sarah McLachlan, Vanessa Carlton, Pearl Jam, The Postal Service, Metallica, Bob Dylan, Paul Van Dyk, Survivor, Boston (I loooooooove Boston!!!), Guns & Roses, The Go Go's, U2, John Waite, ZZTop, Goo Goo Dolls, The Beach Boys, Elvis (you all know who he is), E Street Band, Neil Young, Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd, John Mayer, The Ramones, The Casualties, Nirvana, Oasis, The Band, Bryan Adams, Deep Purle, Iron Maiden, Smashing Pumpkins, Android Lust, Tommy James and The Shondells, Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Marc Cohn, Paramore.
Favourite albums: 1 by The Beatles, Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette, These Dreams by Heart, The Best of Fleetwood Mac by Fleetwood Mac, Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys, Anthology of Bread (this is probably my favourite album ever).
Favourite songs: Too many to list on here. Mainly all the songs by the artists and bands I listed, and a couple others such as As Time Goes By from Casablanca, Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany's, and any song from a Disney movie (the animated ones for little kids, not the stupid movies like High School Musical). And a ton of musicals, for instance Rent (One of the best movies ever), Funny Face, Wicked, Hairspray, Greese, Mamma Mia (though those are just Abba songs), and a lot of others. I like musicals. =)
Favourite live act: Believe it or not, I have never been to a concert. I am going to a Billy Joel/Elton John concert in November, though!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The musician/s who are the most important to you: The Beatles, Elton John,
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? The Beatles, The Monkees, Elton John (that dream will come true!!), Beach Boys, Foreigner (big time. My dad got to be a security guard at a bunch of their concerts and stand right in front of the organ player. I nearly melted when I found that out), Journey (Also big time). And Bread. And Led Zeppelin. Though the big ones would be Foreigner and Journey. Especially Journey, though it would be amazing to hear the organ live in Foreigner songs. Especially in Waiting For a Girl Like You. Though all songs by Journey would be amazing live. Journey is incredible.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Umm...Well, I cannot think of any. Really the only music I hate is rap and a lot of pop, but most of those are not bands but single "musicians" (or so they call themselves).
One song that everybody should hear: Walking in Memphis. Amazing song. By Marc Cohn. Also, Don't Stop Believing by Journey. Incredible song, incredible band. And Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. Though everyone already has heard that. =)

Last edited by browneyedkat; May 20th, 2009 at 1:37 am.
Old May 20th, 2009, 2:13 am
Seventh Year

Name/Nickname: Ally

Favourite bands/artists: Metallica, Butterfly Effect, Cog, Muse, Steve Earl, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Disturbed.
Favourite albums: Load, Re-Load, Begins Here
Favourite songs: Way too many to list
Favourite live act: Disturbed!

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Metallica.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Metallica!
The one band that you'd love to see split up? None!
One song that everybody should hear: Copperhead Road!

Old May 30th, 2009, 10:55 pm
First Year

Name/Nickname: Zoino

Favourite bands/artists: Underoath, Angels and Airwaves, Chevelle, Opeth, Saosin, Dream Theater, The Devil Wears Prada, Thrice, Between the Buried ane Me, Tool, Alesana, Megadeth
Favourite albums: Undeoath - Define the Great Line, Angels & Airwaves - I-Empire, Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory, Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance, Underoath - They're Only Chasing Safety, Saosin - Self-Titled, Chevelle - Vena Sera, Tool - Lateralus, Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Favourite songs: Too many to pick
Favourite live act: Underoath

The musician/s who are the most important to you:
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Dream Theater, Thrice, Alesana, Tool, August Burns Red, Angels and Airwaves
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Any "Disney" musician (Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, ect.)
One song that everybody should hear: Staple - The Best of Times

Old June 4th, 2009, 5:35 am
First Year

Since music is my life, I'll introduce myself.

Name/Nickname: Clover or Artemis

Favourite bands/artists: Lostprophets, 30 Seconds To Mars, Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, The Cruxshadows, Nightwish, The All-American Rejects, AFI, 3 Doors Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Grateful Dead, The Beatles, The Eagles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Antiskeptic, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, Journey, Ludo, The Killers, The Outlaws, Rush, Aerosmith, Motion City Soundtrack, The Network, Plain White Tees, Queen, Sense Fail, Voltaire, The Servant, Radiohead, Weezer, Simon & Garfunkel, Vendetta Red, Sugarcult, Train, System Of A Down, Evanescence, London After Midnight
Favourite albums: Liberation Transmission, A Beautiful Lie, 30 Seconds To Mars, Appeal To Reason, The Sufferer & The Witness, Siren Song Of The Counter Culture, The Unraveling, I Brought You My Bullets You Brought Me Your Love, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, The Black Parade, By The Way, Californication, A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, Pretty.Odd., Over The Hills And Far Away, Wishmaster, Commit This To Memory, Nimrod, Shenanigans, Dookie, 21st Century Breakdown, Ehternaut, Fortress In Flames, Frozen Embers, The Mystery Of The Whisper, Memoirs Of A Common Man, Crimson, Good Mourning, Alkaline Trio
Favourite songs: There are way too many, but off the top of my head:
Rooftops (A Liberation Transmission)
Can't Catch Tomorrow
Can't Stop, Gotta Date With Hate
Broken Hearts, Torn Up Letters, And The Story Of A Lonely Girl
4 AM Forever
Last Train Home
Capricorn (A Brand New Name)
Edge Of The Earth
Buddha For Mary
A Beautiful Lie
Attack
From Yesterday
A Modern Myth
The Story
The Kill
Savior
R-Evolve
Last Night On Earth
Horseshoes & Handgrenades
East Jesus Nowhere
21 Guns
Favourite live act: Green Day, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds To mars, Lostprophets, Rise Against

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Lotsprophets, 30 Seconds To Mars, Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, The Cruxshadows, Nightwish, The All-American Rejects
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Lostprophets, 30 Seconds To Mars, Rise Against, Panic! At The Disco, The Cruxshaodws, Nightwish (with Tarja singing)
The one band that you'd love to see split up? The Jonas Brothers, although I will admit SOS is a catchy song.
One song that everybody should hear: Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)

Old June 5th, 2009, 4:57 pm
First Year

here goes...

Name/Nickname: ash

Favourite bands/artists: The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, The Who, The Doors, The Allman Brothers, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Miles Davis, The Beach Boys, David Bowie, The Libertines, Iggy Pop, Bob Dylan, The Clash, The Meters, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, The Yardbirds, The Pixies, Van Morrison...i'll stop there

Favourite albums: Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd), Transformer (Lou Reed), Berlin (Lou Reed), Loaded (The Velvet Underground), The Velvet Underground and Nico (The Velvet Underground), Best of the Doors (The Doors), 1 - The Beatles, Kind of Blue (Miles Davis), Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Beatles).

Favourite songs: ahhh so many! At the moment it's Baba O'Riley - The Who, Lust for Life - Iggy Pop, and LA Woman - The Doors

Favourite live act: well i would love to see some of my favourite bands but must are from the 60s-80s , so none really

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground

If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? The Beatles (cliche i know!)

The one band that you'd love to see split up? haha umm...The Fray/Coldplay (sorry!)

Two songs that everybody should hear: Come Together - The Beatles and Jessica - The Allman Brothers

Last edited by elemenopee; April 9th, 2010 at 11:09 pm.
Old June 9th, 2009, 10:29 pm
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Name/Nickname: Hana

Favourite bands/artists: Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Against Me!, The Killers, Violent Femmes, The Cure, Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, Blind Melon, Danzig.....there's more, but for the time being that's enough
Favourite albums: Hmm....well I don't really have any in particualar.
Favourite songs:
Wet Sand, Hard to Concentrate, Animal Bar, Under the Bridge, Hey>>RHCP; Good Riddance, Basket Case, Macy's Day Parade, Last Night On Earth>>>Green Day; Love Song, Boys Don't Cry, Friday I'm in Love, Catch>>>>The Cure; Sinstinas>>>Danzig; Iris>>>Goo Goo Dolls; No Rain>>>Blind Melon; Harsh Realms>>>Tom Gabel; Blister in the Sun>>>>Violent Femmes

Favourite live act:
Well, I've only been to two concerts, one was Against Me! and the other was Warp Tour; and to be honest I enjoyed the Against Me! show a whole lot.

The musician/s who are the most important to you:
Billie Joe Armstrong, Anthony Keidis, Tom Gabel

If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Against Me!, Green Day, RHCP

The one band that you'd love to see split up?
Why would I want to see a band split up?

One song that everybody should hear:
Lovesong by the Cure

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....

Last edited by xhanax315; June 11th, 2009 at 3:24 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Music (Entertainment)