Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Music (Entertainment)

Introduce Yourself: Music Taste.

Old October 5th, 2007, 2:26 pm
Kingsley's Biggest Fan

Introduce Yourself: Music Taste.

Welcome to the brand new Music forum! As you can see, there are several sub-forums for the most popular musical genres, as well as an area for general music discussion. Do dig in and feel free to start threads about your personal favourite bands or artists - remember to do a search first though to make sure that the thread you want to start doesn't already exist

To get things kicked off, how about a musical introduction of yourself? Don't worry - you don't have to get up and sing or anything Just answer the following questions...

Name/Nickname:

Favourite bands/artists:
Favourite albums:
Favourite songs:
Favourite live act:

The musician/s who are the most important to you:
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?
The one band that you'd love to see split up?
One song that everybody should hear:

Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2007, 10:28 pm
She Who Walks Behind

Re: Introduce Yourself: Music Taste.

Name/Nickname: Tenshi

Favourite bands/artists: I don't have any particular. I don't like the artists, just the single songs.
Favourite albums: None, like said the single songs are important for me
Favourite songs: Many different. At the moment "Sweet Escape" from Gwen Stefani, also Oldies like "No Milk Today".
Favourite live act: None

The musician/s who are the most important to you: I really have no idea
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Would love to see Wham live.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Spice Girls. They were great back then, but the reunion is just blech. Everything for publicity
One song that everybody should hear: "Don't let the sun go down on me" - the song that could be classified as the shortest musical ever.

The End of the Dream.

Last edited by Tenshi; October 6th, 2007 at 10:30 pm.
Old October 6th, 2007, 10:37 pm
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Linda

Favourite bands/artists: Too many to list but Iron Maiden is always going to be my number 1
Favourite albums: I have a lot of favorite albums ^_^
Favourite songs: Too many but SMAP's Sekai ni hitotsu dake no hana and TOKIO's Sorafune are probably my most played songs at the moment
Favourite live act: Don't know

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Iron Maiden, NewS (Japanese boyband)
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Iron Maiden
The one band that you'd love to see split up? None
One song that everybody should hear: Don't know

Last edited by Sorafune; October 6th, 2007 at 10:39 pm.
Old October 7th, 2007, 7:45 am
Sixth Year

Name/Nickname:
Molly

Favourite bands/artists:
Switchfoot, the Fray, Five for Fighting, Maroon Five
Favourite albums:
The Beautiful Letdown - Switchfoot, Nothing is Sound - Switchfoot, Oh! Gravity - Switchfoot
Favourite songs:
Just about anything by Switchfoot, World - Five for Fighting, How to Save a Life - the Fray, Over My Head - the Fray, The Riddle - Five for Fighting
Favourite live act:
I've only been to one concert that was... you guessed it, a Switchfoot one.

Switchfoot
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?
Switchfoot
No one, really.
I don't know, too hard for me to choose.

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' ... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods."
~ Stephan King, July 2007
Old October 8th, 2007, 4:02 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Name/Nickname: Abby

Favourite bands/artists: Zebrahead, Cute is what we aim for, Dashboard Confessional, Alexisonfire, Bullet for my Valentine, Kids in Glass Houses etc.
Favourite albums: Anything by the above
Favourite songs: I can't choose...There are too many
Favourite live act: Er...

The musician/s who are the most important to you: My uncle - a great guitarist. For famous bands, well I couldn't choose one - all music is important to me in some shape or form.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Zebrahead - and I'm hopefully seeing them soon!!
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Westlife...
One song that everybody should hear: Sleep Now In The Fire - Rage Against The Machine...or failing that anything by Rage Against the Machine. They truely rule.

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old October 8th, 2007, 4:51 pm
Rex's Mummy

Name/Nickname: Kim

Favourite bands/artists: I could go on and on here, but mostly 80's bands that are no longer around.
Favourite albums: So far I've only found 2 that I personally believe do not have one song I don't like on them: Beauty and the Beat by the Go-Go's, and Oil and Gold by Shriekback
Favourite songs: Again, I could go on for ever, but here's a few: Nemisis by Shriekback, Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran, Friday I'm in Love by The Cure, Love Shack by The B-52's, Train in Vain by The Clash.
Favourite live act: Only ever seen the B-52's live.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: All of the ones that I like, I guess, too hard to say.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?: The Clash, or the original Pretenders. (But you know how troublesome those monkeys get.)
The one band that you'd love to see split up?: Can't think of one at the moment, but I don't really know of many current bacds.
One song that everybody should hear: three words: The Safety Dance.

Meet Ziggy!!!!
(aka Mali)
Old October 8th, 2007, 5:09 pm
First Year

Name/Nickname: AJ

Favourite bands/artists: well way to many to list but some are Marilyn Manson, Atreyu, Dropkick Murphys, Paramore, RJA, underoath and 10 years.
Favourite albums: anything by the bands i like
Favourite songs: so many i can list but if i had to list only 1...You Give Love A Bad Name-Atreyu
Favourite live act: ive only seen Linkin Park live

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Marilyn Manson, he keeps me sane.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? totally the Sex Pistols
The one band that you'd love to see split up? not sure.
One song that everybody should hear: Nowhere Kids-Smile Empty Soul

"When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"
"Albus Severus..you were named for the two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."
-Harry Potter

"Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore."
- Lord Voldemort
Old October 8th, 2007, 5:13 pm
Sixth Year

Name/Nickname:Kaz

Favourite bands/artists:Maroon 5, The Fray, Fall Out Boy, Led Zeppelin,Lifehouse, Queen, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Shayne Ward
Favourite albums:Songs About Jane - Maroon 5 and Who We Are - Lifehouse
Favourite songs:Too many to list!
Favourite live act: Haven't seen many!

The musician/s who are the most important to you:Maroon 5
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Well, I would love to see the reforming of Led Zeppelin, but other than thatm it would have to be Maroon 5 again!
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Westlife
One song that everybody should hear: Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin

Squirrelio Fans - If you love Flashforward, listen to our podcast!
Obliviate! - Come join my Harry Potter/Flashforward forum!
Old October 8th, 2007, 5:57 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Name/Nickname: Jenn

Favourite bands/artists: Marilyn Manson, System of a Down, any old punk (not that new pop-punk stuff) The Cramps, Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie
Favourite albums: Antichrist Superstar by Marilyn Manson will always be my favorite.
Favourite songs: Cryptorchid by Marilyn Manson, besides naming just about every Manson song : Closer and Heresy, both by Nine Inch Nails. Sugar by System of a Down.
Favourite live act: Manson, without a doubt. I've seen him 5 times and that man can put on a show.
The musician/s who are the most important to you: Manson. Sometimes I feel he's picking lyrics for his songs out of my head.
Besides seeing Manson again, I would say System of a Down or Nine Inch Nails since I have never seen either of them live. It would be really cool to see the Sex Pistols too, but back in the 1970's.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? I don't know, if I don't like a band, I just ignore them.
One song that everybody should hear: I don't know, but it would be by Manson.

Old October 8th, 2007, 6:57 pm
Assistant to Minister Granger

Name/Nickname: Yoana

Favourite bands/artists: Depeche Mode, Björk, Kate Bush, The Beatles, lots of standard jazz artists (Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Chet Baker, Louis Armstrong, Stan Getz, Sarah Vaughan, Miles Davis, etc.)
Favourite albums: Almost all albums by Depeche Mode and Björk, but especially Violator and Vespertine; and Counterfeit by Martin Gore from Depeche Mode.
Favourite songs: Oh, far too many to even start listing them.
Favourite live act: Can't decide - Depeche Mode in Sofia 2006 or Björk in Boston 2003.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Martin L. Gore, Depeche Mode, Björk.
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Björk.
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Coldplay
One song that everybody should hear: Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode, and anything else by Depeche Mode, actually.

Old October 8th, 2007, 7:01 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana View Post
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Coldplay
I've finally found someone who doesn't like Coldplay All my friends argue with me when I tell them how bad Coldplay are

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old October 8th, 2007, 7:54 pm
Seventh Year

To get things kicked off, how about a musical introduction of yourself? Don't worry - you don't have to get up and sing or anything Just answer the following questions...

Name/Nickname: Ash

Favourite bands/artists: Elvis, Joshua Radin, death cab for cutie, Coldplay, Sex Pistol, Guns and Roses, Keane, Nelly Mckay, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Amstrong.

Favourite albums: X and Y by Coldplay

Favourite songs: Soul meets body by Death cab for cutie

Snow patrol
Death Cab for Cutie
N Sync... oh wait they have already split up...
One song that everybody should hear:[/quote]
Highway and Title and registration by Death cab for cutie...

The best-looking, most rebellious, most dangerous of the four marauders...
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:58 pm
First Year

Quote:
The musician/s who are the most important to you: Manson. Sometimes I feel he's picking lyrics for his songs out of my head.
sweet, another big manson fan

"When we come face-to-face with one down a dark alley, we're going to be having a shufti to see if it's solid, aren't we, we're not going to be asking, 'Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?"
"Albus Severus..you were named for the two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."
-Harry Potter

"Greatness inspires envy, envy engenders spite, spite spawns lies. You must know this, Dumbledore."
- Lord Voldemort
Old October 9th, 2007, 7:07 pm
Assistant to Minister Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyMagic View Post
I've finally found someone who doesn't like Coldplay All my friends argue with me when I tell them how bad Coldplay are
Oh good! I'm with you 100%!

Old October 10th, 2007, 5:34 pm
Seventh Year

Name/Nickname: Courtney but you can call me Sticky

Favourite bands/artists: Oh gosh here we go:
-FOB
-MCR
-U2
-R.E.M
-Muse
-Nickelback
-The Beach Boys
-Sex Pistols
-Harry and the Potters
-Snow Patrol
-The Beatles
-Bon Jovi

but my fav is U2

Favourite albums: Any U2 Album
Favourite songs: Any U2 Song, mostly With or without you. And R.E.M Everybody Hurts

The musician/s who are the most important to you:U2, Their music it just is so amazing...
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be?: U2, FOB...
The one band that you'd love to see split up? not sure but there are loads i don't like......
One song that everybody should hear:Anything by U2...Listen to them people

''Dear Professor Snape,
Dude...It's called Shampoo.
Love Anomoulous xX''

Ways to Annoy Snape...Wink at him evertime you catch his eye

Come and Guess The Screenshot!!! http://www.cosforums.com/showthread.php?t=110197
Old October 10th, 2007, 9:29 pm
Kingsley's Biggest Fan

Guess I ought to do it

Name/Nickname: leenielou

Favourite bands/artists: Muse, Damien Rice, Bernard Fanning, The Fratellis, The Shins, KT Tunstall.
Favourite albums: "Origin of Symmetry" by Muse, "Chutes Too Narrow" by The Shins, "Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse & Beck's "Sea Change".
Favourite songs: Plug In Baby - Muse, Songbird - Bernard Fanning, Yes - McAlmont & Butler
Favourite live act: Muse & Annie Lennox.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Ben Folds is always going to own a special place in my heart, as well as Norah Jones and Elliott Smith. And, of course, I can't not mention Muse and Matthew Bellamy
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Oooh. Um. Rage Against the Machine. That'd be awesome. I'm glad they're back together
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Razorlight.
One song that everybody should hear: "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" by Meat Loaf. Hilarious.

Old October 10th, 2007, 10:13 pm
Second Year

Name/Nickname: Britnee, a.k.a. Lord Nomolous

Favourite bands/artists: Def Leppard, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Howard Shore, John Williams, and Hans Zimmer.
Favourite albums: Hysteria, Crush, Van Halen II, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, PotC: Dead Man's Chest
Favourite songs: Light Up the Sky, Rocket, Run Riot, Jaded, Love in an Elevator, Evenstar, The Droid Invasion and the Appearance of Darth Maul ( )
Favourite live act: I don't know.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Def Leppard
Def Leppard (now or back when Steve Clark was alive), or Benny Goodman's orchestra
Nickleback
"Dancing Queen" by ABBA, because it is Awesome. Really. And anytime I hear it I smile!

And, yes, I know I'm a major soundtrack geek. Hoo Haa, NERDFIGHTERS!

The Sith Lord Nomolous can see you through her computer and is watching you...

Right now she's watching you read her signature...
Old October 14th, 2007, 2:43 am
Until the very end

Name/Nickname: Nadia

Favourite bands/artists: David Bowie, Lou Reed, T. Rex, The Velvet Underground, Queen
Favourite albums: Diamond Dogs (Bowie), New York (Lou Reed)
Favourite songs: Life On Mars, We Are The Dead, Dirty Boulevard, Children Of The Revolution
Favourite live act: lately, Roger Waters

The musician/s who are the most important to you: DAVID BOWIE!
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Bowie with the Spiders from Mars, The Velvet Underground, T. Rex, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen
The one band that you'd love to see split up? many of the current bands!
One song that everybody should hear: Life On Mars? , 20th Century Boy

The stories we love best do live in us forever,
so whether you come back by page or by the big screen,
Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.

Old October 14th, 2007, 4:14 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Name/Nickname: Kevin

Favourite bands/artists: Radiohead, REM, Manic street preachers, Sigur Ros and Tool(there are more bands that i like). As for artists - Beth Orton, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos etc
Favourite albums: The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, In rainbows, The Holy Bible, Up, Monster, Automatic for the people, New adventures in HiFi, Takk, Undertow, Ænima
Favourite songs: Fake Plastic Trees, Pyramid Song, No Surprises, Man on the moon, Eulogy, Stolen Car, comfort of strangers, Pyramid Song, Idioteque, She cries your name etc
Favourite live act: Radiohead

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Thom Yorke, Micheal Stipe, Maynard James Keenan, John Lennon, Beth Orton, Mary Bichner
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Mary Bichner
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Muse *looks sideways*
One song that everybody should hear: Lucky by Radiohead

Old October 14th, 2007, 10:18 am
Registered Animagus

Name/Nickname: Hysteria

Favourite bands/artists: Muse, Marilyn Manson, Underoath, Anberlin, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Radiohead, Rammstein
Favourite albums: Origin Of Symmetry- Muse, The Golden Age Of Grotesque- Marilyn Manson
Favourite songs: Hysteria (duh) by Muse, (s)AINT by Marilyn Manson
Favourite live act: The best live band Ive ever seen was Marilyn Manson on the 11th of this month. They were incredible. I hope to see them again some day.

The musician/s who are the most important to you: Marilyn Manson because I really love how the whole band works together and Manson as an individual I find fascinating. He really has a way of connecting with people (at live shows) that Ive never experienced before (and I've been to lots of live shows!)
If you could see any band/musician live, regardless of money, time, space, monkeys etc, who would it be? Marilyn Manson (again), Rammstein, Misfits, AFI (again), Blaqk Audio, DEATHSTARS!
The one band that you'd love to see split up? Im not that mean. Id be devistated if any of my favourite bands broke up
One song that everybody should hear: Bliss by Muse

Quote:
sweet, another big manson fan
Sweet that makes three of us I started a Manson thread, you should reply to it

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Music (Entertainment)