Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Writer's Corner

Are you published? (Writer's Corner)

Old September 25th, 2008, 11:33 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Are you published? (Writer's Corner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemorts8thHorcrux View Post
Well, I never throw any of my stuff out, except the pointless stuff my teachers make me write. Anyways, I still have this book of random short stories I wrote in second grade . They are um....kind of disturbing though...It is such a good thing that I never showed any of them to like anyone
By the sound of it, you must really live up to your username

Then let my heart be hardened,
And never mind how high the cost may grow,
This will still be so:
I WILL NEVER LET YOUR PEOPLE GO.

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2008, 1:27 am
Secret Keeper

Definitely .

Official Member of the Jacq Triumvirate

My Deviantart Account

Voldemort Feels Pretty, My animated music video for "I feel Pretty" Featuring LORD VOLDEMORT!

My original story: Teeter Totter (Has absolutely nothing to do with playgrounds)

Old September 27th, 2008, 2:21 am
Qvack...

I just got a job on my University's newspaper! Yay! Finally I can work on my journalism in my own college!

THE DUCK.

Old October 6th, 2008, 9:25 pm
Fourth Year

Actually, my story got published in a book! It was a project among the 8th years (by the Norwegian school system, you are supposed to be 13 at this point) in my town. Everyone was participating, either with stories, poems, words of wisdom, or illustrations. The 10 best (or something like that) in each class got (some of) their work published in the book, and I was one of them! Even though it wasn't exactly the best thing I ever wrote, but anyways... If there is anyone out there who wants to read it, maybe I'll translate it into English some day

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

—Neil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
Old December 2nd, 2008, 3:05 am
First Year

I guess the only thing I've ever had published was a short article I wrote three years ago in a small English magazine. I don't know if the magazine is still in print, but at the time, the one editor turned out to be my Grandma's long lost cousin, so before I went to England to meet her, I wrote an article for the magazine about how my Grandma moved from England to Canada with her family when she was a child and a brief history of the family. My high school graduation picture was even in the magazine. Then, this cousin and I ended up in a local newspaper. The newspaper article talked about us meeting, but it also talked about this cousin organizing a book launch for the book she wrote as well as her town's first writer's conference.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 4:56 am
Seventh Year

I've never been published, unless you count my blog on MySpace.

I am writing something now, however and have been working on it for about two months, I believe. I'm only up to 23 pages, but I've been editing my work as I go. It's a Sci-Fi/Fantasy based novel.

I haven't let many read it yet, but I did let one(so far) on this site, a few others on another site, read it. So far, I've gotten a general agreement that I might have something with the story. So I'm going to keep hammering away at it. See what develops.

Is there a place on here where I could post a section of the first chapter incase some of you all are interesting in seeing what it's about?

Regards,

-Tibbetts

"No dictator... No invader... Can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the Universe, than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments, and tyrants, and armies cannot stand. Though it take a Thousand Years. We. Will. Be. Free." -- Citizen G'Kar, Babylon 5
Old December 23rd, 2008, 5:33 am
Don't feed the Noob! (It only encourages them)

^You could probably post it in the novella thread. I think that's what it's there for, although I've never posted anything there myself.

Committed to Sparkle Motion
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:11 am
First Year

Luke Patrick is very pleased and excited to announce that his debut novel, The Moreau Theatre of Circus Spectacles, is finally available through Amazon!

Book Description:
"It is 1938, and the Moreau family circus is struggling to compete with luxurious movie palaces and motion pictures. Pollux Moreau must try to keep his world and his lifelong romance with fellow trapeze artist Emily Cooke intact. The risks are greater, the tricks are deadlier, and the future is colder than the winter snow. The circus is dying; who will be the Falling Star?

The Moreau Theatre of Circus Spectacles--the debut novel by teen author Luke Patrick--tells a spell-binding story of changing times that is guaranteed to captivate audiences with its blend of edge-of-your-seat acrobatics and tender romance."

The book is available on Amazon.com for $7.99 at the url below:

http://www.amazon.com/Moreau-Theatre...1890220&sr=1-1

You can also find out more about Luke Patrick and the novel at his website:
www.luke-patrick.com

THANKS A MILLION, and enjoy the read, Harry Potter fans!

Last edited by lukecpatrick; April 12th, 2009 at 5:03 pm.
Old February 26th, 2009, 1:10 am
Banned

I've never published anything and most likely never will. I love writing, but it's only a hobbie to me. Nothing else.

Old March 8th, 2009, 2:46 pm
Fourth Year

I've published a few poems once or twice in a newspaper when i was younger, but not anything serious.

Writing's the only thing I've ever wanted to do, so i'm gonna try really hard to get published

Utopia: Teddy Lupin - 2009+

Thora Jinks - 2008/2010

And if you're feeling it, take a look at my art!

Old April 22nd, 2009, 6:20 am
First Year

Guys, don't give up if you are really passionate about writing --- there is huge opportunity out there for great storytellers. There is a lot of hardwork along the way, and a lot of things to learn about the business but its lots of fun too!

My first novel, The Seed of Hope, is being published in June (see http://quintonwall.com for more info, and sample chapters) with the follow up novels in the series already getting some buzz.

Please let me know what you think, and for what it's worth, I am happy to offer some advice/assistance for aspiring writers.

Thanks

Quinton
Author of the Talent Tree Chronicles.
Book 1 - The Seed of Hope in stores June 2009
http://quintonwall.com

Old July 15th, 2009, 12:21 pm
Third Year

The only things that I have had published were in school newsletters back in high school. Now, I only write for my own benefit. I recently killed a storyline badly. Oh well........working on something else now.

LUNA LOVEGOOD

unafraid to express her views

intelligent and artistically creative

comforting and understanding

willing to be brave

loyal to friends

How else could I admire her?
Old September 15th, 2009, 4:27 am
Registered Animagus

My historical romance has been published in both paperback and e-book through Amazon. They have some wonderful programs to help Indie authors, including free software. Problem is, they are tightening up their standards, now. I have an established account, so I'm sort of grandfathered in.

I was also lucky enough to have an e-publisher notice my book, so I'm now published on book-sites other than Amazon.

Getting published on Amazon is pretty easy and it's free. My advice, though, is make sure your book is formatted properly and there are no typos. That can kill your reviews quicker than anything.

If you wish to publish in paperback as well, Amazon has a website to help you do that, too. There is a cost for that, but it's really inexpensive. It's a print on demand site, so a book is only printed when it is purchased. You only have to pay for proof copies, and they are priced by the page.

If anyone wants to know more ... ask away.

Old October 30th, 2009, 6:43 pm
First Year

Yes I am, but not in the way y'all are talking about. I have several papers and journal articles published in technical and professional journals. That's a different style of writing altogether.

As far as fiction...nada.

Old November 25th, 2009, 5:10 am
Third Year

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on here in ages. However, I have good news. I have a novel published. It is called "Double Take" and is available now on Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and FastPencil (the publishing company). Please check it out if interested!

Sample chapters are available on Google Books: http://books.google.com/books?id=znT...age&q=&f=false

Available for purchase:
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Double-Take-T-.../dp/1607465353

Kindle - http://www.amazon.com/Double-Take-eb...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Barnes & Noble - http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dou...ds+double+take

Mobipocket (e-book) - http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=234929

Book synopsis: Tiffany is a twinless twin who lost her sister in a car accident right before their thirteenth birthday. As her high school graduation day approaches, she finds herself missing her sister more than ever. She begins working on a secret project in memory of her twin. However, after Tiffany ends up in a bad accident, things take a turn for the worse and she abandons her project, realizing that some memories are best cherished from within. Years go by, until one particular summer,Tiffany's past begins to haunt not only her, but a group of young campers as well. They learn that some actions have never-ending consequences, no matter how long ago they occurred. After years of refusing to acknowledge the past, it has come back to stare Tiffany in the face. Now Tiffany must find the strength to face it or many lives may be in danger...

Old November 27th, 2009, 6:19 pm
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGurl08 View Post
Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on here in ages. However, I have good news. I have a novel published. It is called "Double Take" and is available now on Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and FastPencil (the publishing company). Please check it out if interested!

Sample chapters are available on Google Books: http://books.google.com/books?id=znT...age&q=&f=false

Available for purchase:
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Double-Take-T-.../dp/1607465353

Kindle - http://www.amazon.com/Double-Take-eb...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Barnes & Noble - http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dou...ds+double+take

Mobipocket (e-book) - http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=234929

Book synopsis: Tiffany is a twinless twin who lost her sister in a car accident right before their thirteenth birthday. As her high school graduation day approaches, she finds herself missing her sister more than ever. She begins working on a secret project in memory of her twin. However, after Tiffany ends up in a bad accident, things take a turn for the worse and she abandons her project, realizing that some memories are best cherished from within. Years go by, until one particular summer,Tiffany's past begins to haunt not only her, but a group of young campers as well. They learn that some actions have never-ending consequences, no matter how long ago they occurred. After years of refusing to acknowledge the past, it has come back to stare Tiffany in the face. Now Tiffany must find the strength to face it or many lives may be in danger...
At last, a fellow Kindler!!!!

You might want to join us at kindleboards.com (go to The Book Bazaar and post your book there) and ebookgab.com (go to Member Authors to post your book).

Old November 30th, 2009, 6:30 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desraelda View Post
At last, a fellow Kindler!!!!

You might want to join us at kindleboards.com (go to The Book Bazaar and post your book there) and ebookgab.com (go to Member Authors to post your book).
Ok. I'll check those out. Thanks for the tip!

Old November 30th, 2009, 9:20 pm
Malum Veneficus

Wow, that really sounds great to have a novel of your own published!

I never wrote anything serious enough to publish. Nor, did I even think about publishing before. However, I'm working now on a novel which I really hope I'd publish someday .

Thanks to my secret sigswitch maker, for the wonderful avatar and signature!

Sig/avatar pictures by Cassandra Austen.
Old December 1st, 2009, 5:13 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGurl08 View Post
Ok. I'll check those out. Thanks for the tip!
I'll watch for you over there.

Old March 26th, 2010, 10:21 pm
Fourth Year

Well done to everyone who's been published

My school entered a poetry competition when I was 9 and 6 of us actually got our poems published in a book from the North West I don't think you can buy the book now but I've got a copy and it's kind of awesome having your work in a proper book.

Now it's 7 years later and the closest I've got to being published again is my college trying to put together a book of the short stories we did for coursework. Oh well, I guess there's highs and lows in this business I have got an idea for a story but it's stuck in my head for at least a few months because I've got exams coming up

Images taken from http://dft.ba/-2M6r
Do not anger the kitty!Avengers.

Learning to Live AgainOne shots
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Writer's Corner