Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies

Nagini: Character Analysis

Old July 7th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Second Year

Re: Nagini: Character Analysis

I think it was only through (a) desperation and (b) opportunity that Nagini was used to become a horcrux; Riddle was obsessed with the idea of the seven-part soul, and has - as far as he knew - come up one short; he was intending to use the infant Harry to create his last horcrux.

You're the weak one. And you'll never know love, or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.

I'm LightChaser4263 on Pottermore.
Feel free to add me as a friend, but please owl me first on CoS. Thanks!
Proud member of Gryffindor House in the Chamber of Secrets and on Pottermore.
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2012, 1:49 am
First Year

1. Definitely the bit of soul in her made her more human. The thought process in OotP proves that.
2. I think that in the beginning Nagini hated Voldemort but after a while she started to like him because of him letting her eat his victims and stuff...
3. Actually I think some people might have misinterpreted this and the "hold him" was actually Voldemort talking to her as he like, prepared to set out to Godric's hollow.
4. Maybe she started out hating Voldemort and then began to like him for all the food in return for hosting that small bit of his soul. It does seem to be a fair trade.

Old August 28th, 2012, 2:57 am
Second Year

I always regarded Nagini as an innocent taken advantage of by Voldemort.

I'm a Hufflepuff in a Slytherin World!

snape lives imho
Old September 2nd, 2012, 2:59 am
Second Year

Nagini got power from Voldemort and got food. Thus she did his bidding. Nagini being a horcrux wasn't a bad idea as she could defend herself and was always protected by Voldemort.

I don't know if she hated Voldemort but she seemed satisfied. She was also a part of him therefore probably shared a bond with him like Harry.

Old March 29th, 2013, 2:36 pm
She Who Walks Behind

There's no reason for me to believe that Nagini hated Voldemort in any form. He was a Parselmouth and as someone who was designated to speak with snake, I think that he and Nagini were meant to have a close relationship.

The End of the Dream.
Old March 30th, 2013, 3:23 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Was the relationship between Nagini and Voldemort that of pet/master? I can't see Nagini actually needing an owner as she could feed and defend herself pretty effectively anyway. Is it a reflection of Dumbledore/Fawkes where the 'pet' chooses to have a relationship with the wizard?

Albus Dumbledore, HBP
Old April 5th, 2013, 4:53 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
1. Did the bit of Voldemort's soul in Nagini make her more human? We've seen that she was able to impersonate a human being - could an ordinary snake have done that even to a parselmouth?
Maybe. Don't think so. Maybe he was able to control her in some way, other than using parselmouth.

Quote:
2. Nagini was Voldemort's pet prior to becoming a horcrux. Do you think she was fond of him? Did she do his bidding willingly?
She might have. Or she might have not. We don't know if she was, since we don't know what she really thought of him. Only Voldemort really knows what she really thought of him, since he could hear what she was saying, via parselmouth.

Quote:
3. We've seen Nagini have a conscious thought process when she tells herself to hold Harry in Godric's Hollow. Is this the result of being a horcrux?
Could very well be.

Quote:
4. Is Nagini ultimately evil? Ultimately innocent? What standards can we hold her to?
Good question. I think she's evil in the sense that she went and did what she did over the years in terms of killing people. But if she was being controlled the whole time by Voldemort, then it's kind of a gray area there. She wouldn't be innnocent per say, but she wouldn't be wholly guilty either.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies