Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies

Fred & George Weasley: Character Analysis

Old February 8th, 2010, 7:54 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Fred & George Weasley: Character Analysis

1. How do you think Fred and George reacted to the consequences of Draco's use of their Peruvian Darkness Powder in HBP?

I don't imagine they cared too much. They gave Harry the Peruvian Darkness, but they did not make him use it. They can't feel bad because Harry was foolish enough to think his hastily made plan would work.

2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions?

I do believe they matured, although they obviously never lost their sense of fun. They were very young when we first meet them, but in time they grew to be more responsible.

3. What do you think of the twins reaction to Percy's return in DH?

I liked it very much. All they did was give a little insult the accept him back. That to me says they really missed their brother, regardless of what they may have said about him.

4. What do you think of the twins decision to join the Order and the fight at Hogwarts? Did they consider the consequences of their actions or were they acting rashly? Do you think George's loss of an ear made them understand the danger more than they did before?

It's what I would have expected them to do. I think they understood the consequences but not much could have deterred them. I guess it's just the Gryffindor in them. Also, their family members were in the Order so they would want to be with them and help them.

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Will he continue the joke shop without his twin?

I do think he will continue the joke shop. I think that he won't be happy again until he has children. Fred was probably the person he loved most and he would need someone(s) he could love more than his brother to feel happy again.

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2010, 9:37 pm
Seventh Year

1. How do you think Fred and George reacted to the consequences of Draco's use of their Peruvian Darkness Powder in HBP?

It probably horrified them. I doubt it stopped them from selling it though.

2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions?

Hmmm.... I do think they matured throughout the series. I don't know if they're types to feel regret unless they did something truly horrible.

It was just what I would expect of them.

4. What do you think of the twins decision to join the Order and the fight at Hogwarts? Did they consider the consequences of their actions or were they acting rashly? Do you think George's loss of an ear made them understand the danger more than they did before?

I don't they were acting rashly. I think they joined the Order because they were brave guys who believed in fighting for the good side.

They were Weasleys, in other words.

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Will he continue the joke shop without his twin?

I hope Angelina, his family, and Lee Jordan are some comfort to him. I have this image of George spending the rest of his life turning his head as if to say something to Fred and then getting a reality shock. I think not having someone at his side all the time will be very hard for him to get used to.

I don't know how his sense of humor will hold up after the loss of Fred. Maybe his own children, as well as all his nieces and nephews will bring it out of him again?

Can you find the frog? Click here for an enlarged image.

“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
― J.K. Rowling

"She boiled her brain."- Karl Pilkington
Old February 9th, 2010, 3:34 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermy_weasley2 View Post
Oh, I really can't forgive JKR that she didn't write us a decent Epilogue, with all the important character's future included. I'd like to know a canon version of George's life without Fred.

I think he will continue the shop - after all, it was something they created together! - but without any doubt, it will be harder to invent funny things and to have as much joy as before...

There is nothing wrong in being ambitious.
Old April 1st, 2010, 5:55 am
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Gred and Forge!!!

I hope you're enjoying all the chaos!

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |
Voted #2 - Most Likely to Make a Doctor Who Reference

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old April 1st, 2010, 5:57 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Happy Birthday, guys.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old April 1st, 2010, 5:58 am
Fourth Year

I'm sure only Peeves is enjoying this more than the twins are.

I cordially dislike Severus Snape.
Old April 1st, 2010, 6:01 am

That's probably true, LFM.

Hmmm... (goes to look for Peeves' character thread)

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old April 1st, 2010, 6:09 am
Hogwarts Graduate

You mean all this silliness is due to Peeves? Darn, I thought Fred and George had something to do with this nonsense. It seems like it was right up their alley.
Happy birthday, George. Fred, R.I.P. I miss you.

Old April 1st, 2010, 6:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymarge View Post
You mean all this silliness is due to Peeves? Darn, I thought Fred and George had something to do with this nonsense. It seems like it was right up their alley.
Happy birthday, George. Fred, R.I.P. I miss you.
Oh, I'm sure Fred & George have something to do with it... as does their birthday!

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old July 22nd, 2010, 5:07 am
First Year

ive been wondering this..and i dont know if im the only one who kinda sees that sometimes george can be overshadowed by Fred. For example in GOF we find out who fred is going to the Ball but we never found out who george was going with. I feel like hes always in the background, while fred is at the forefront...anyone else see this or is it just me..lol

Old July 24th, 2010, 5:09 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglebrnwitch View Post
ive been wondering this..and i dont know if im the only one who kinda sees that sometimes george can be overshadowed by Fred. For example in GOF we find out who fred is going to the Ball but we never found out who george was going with. I feel like hes always in the background, while fred is at the forefront...anyone else see this or is it just me..lol
Yes, the truth is that I never went to deeply analise the twins, but when I did, I realized that it is Fred who always makes the first step. I used to consider them as "the same person" but later I realized that they were different and that Fred is usually pulling George. And in that sense it is hard that it was Fred who died, because he was the strongest, the one who did go by himself to the front, without waiting the first step made by George. How will George manage to go now that he has no one to do the first step in his place? I bellieve it will be really hard for him. Like if he has to learn to live again, this time without his "other part".

Old July 24th, 2010, 6:59 pm
First Year

i always wondered if this was intentional on the part of JKR..to have Fred in the forefront because she knew eventually he was not gonna make it to the end..altho i might just be seeing things..and while i do think that george had a hard time after Fred's death, he eventually found some source of strength to move forward with his life even getting married and having his own children...

Old July 24th, 2010, 7:47 pm
Fourth Year

I think they would have been pretty shocked, and really unhappy...maybe even--guilty?
I think they matured a tiny bit, but I doubt they regretted anything they did.
I wasn't too surprised. The two of them were really angry at him, but they welcomed him back all the same.
I think they understood the danhger very well, and the desicion to fight was a courageous one as opposed to rash one.
Yes, he'll continue it. I can see George becoming ve4ry quiet without Fred, as he seemed top do the talking for the two of them a lot of the time, but George would probably start to become more outgoing eventually.

"And Mary and Joseph went to Bethlehem, and Mary, who was great with child, rode a donkey, except the donkey actually ran away during rehearsals....so she in fact arrived on a small, motorized lawnmower."
Old August 5th, 2010, 6:19 am
Professor Snape's Most Favored House Elf

They created the powder for use as a joke. They didn't have any control over how people used it. Harry used the powder to sneak into the compartment to eavesdrop on Draco; Draco used it as a diversion. That wasn't the twins' fault.

I'm not sure they realized the jokes were cruel at the time. I don't think they meant them to be. Of course, that doesn't lessen what the victims of their jokes went through. I think they did grow out of that and started to concentrate more on their business than on pulling jokes on others directly.

I think it was very typical of brothers. I was glad that JKR brought Percy back and gave them a chance to reconcile before Fred was killed off.

I think they understood the consequences and went to fight knowing full well the dangers. Like most people of their age, they probably didn't think anything would happend to them. Things always happen to "other people." But they had alread seen the loss of Cedric and Dumbledore, then Moody being killed and George losing an ear -- they would have known there was danger. But, I think they were very brave to join the Order and to fight.

He will probably adjust after a long time of mourning and re-learning to live his life without his brother. They were so close -- almost like one person. So, to George it would have been like losing a part of himself. I think it would have been extremely difficult. I do think he would have continued the joke shop because that was Fred's dream as well as his. I think he would have done it in memory of Fred

I held you in my arms, although I knew that death
Had already taken you. I held you close, hoping for a faint heartbeat or breath
To prove me wrong.
But, you were still, and could not hear or see
My grief, my tears, my heartbreak knowing that the rest of my life would be
Spent without you.
Old August 6th, 2010, 12:47 am
Fifth Year

Id imagine they were dismayed but business is business after all. Im sure they took a closer look at who was buying their stuff from then on out. Surely they didnt have a clue that Malfoy would use the product that way.

Regret? I doubt that. Yeah they did mature, and decided to use their gift of mayhem for more practical lucrative means. I dont feel like they were at all sorry for what they did to Montague. Despite the consequences of Draco learning about the Cabinet, im sure they still laughed about the incident involving Montague. As for their shenaniganry involving Umbridge, no way! That was stuff of Hogwarts legend!

I found it touching. They seemed to realize that Percy was really sorry for what he did and were very forgiving. I dont think i would be so forgiving. Once Percy cracked his joke on Thicknesse, the twins really knew Percy was back. (terrible shame that moment of jubilation was so short lived.)

I found it inevitable they would fight. Im sure they had a pretty good idea of what they were getting themselves into, but wanted to make a difference. After George lost his ear, im sure it hit them like a ton of bricks. Made it more real, so to speak. The danger was in their faces (literally!), but i think they actually realized that when Bill was attacked.

The loss of a twin, i could only imagine, is something that is extremely difficult to deal with. Its like losing a part of yourself. Im certain George carried on and even continued the shop in memory of Fred, but im positive he would never be quite the same again.

Pottermore: PatronusBat
Please do not add me on Pottermore without owling me first! Or else my wand will speak for me!
Old August 6th, 2010, 1:30 am
First Year

i think they have...though they still use their prankster joke products, they use it meaningfully (like when they used it on Umbridge) they also care a lot, wasn't George the first one to forgive Percy? it shows maturity to me

i think they were both surprised and pleased at the same time...i think they were just waiting for him to say he's sorry...=) they're very pleasant that way...=)

i was very happy they joined!=) i think they did know what they were getting into, they knew what was at stake.

i think he will cope...and i think he runs the joke shop with either Ron or Lee Jordan helping him...=)

Old August 24th, 2010, 6:13 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Does anyone else feel George softening the blows of the twins? She doesn't post here anymore, but I do remember someone agreeing with me on that. I hate to say better one than the other, or that I saw it coming.. But I know when I joined here and hadn't decided on a character I like ultimately I chose this name because I saw JKRs differences in people.

Though the darkness had swallowed her whole, her burnished image was still imprinted on his retinas; it obscured his vision, brightening when he lowered his eyelids, disorienting him. Now fear came: Her presence had meant safety.

Thank you to SIP for the beautiful avatar!
Old August 25th, 2010, 2:02 am
First Year

I imagine they probably felt a little guilty

I think as most people grow up and mature that they often have some regret for one thing or another, so I imagine that Fred and George are no different and that they probably do regret some of the more cruel jokes they played, but that's part of growing up. I think they would use it as a learning experience. I definately feel like they have matured alot since the beginning of the series.

I wish that it hadn't happened the way it did. I wish Percy would've returned to the family before the battle. It's sad that it took a war to get him to realize the error of his ways. I like the mention of his sense of humor...it was a very "twin" thing to say. I hate the next thing that happend though, that was hard to read.

I wouldn't expect anything less of them, in fact I would've been shocked if that hadn't joined the Order.I think that they were most definately aware of the consequences of joining in the fight, but I can't imagine them not wanting to be there alongside their family, friends and Hogwarts teachers. I'm sure the loss of George's ear made everything more real, but I don't think anything would've deterred them from fighting the good fight.

I can't imagine the heartbreak it would be to lose your twin who is essentially your other half. I think George will lean on his other brothers and sister, as well as his parents to cope with the loss of Fred. I can't see him closing the joke shop that would almost be an insult to Fred's memory if he did. I like to imagine that Percy or maybe Ron or Harry help him out at the shop from time to time and eventually his wife and children.

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.~Albus Dumbledore

Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.~Albus Dumbledore
Old October 10th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Second Year

I think they realized that not everything is about making a Galleon, and some people shouldn't be trusted with certain items. Maybe they took the Peruvian Darkness Powder off the shelves, and only sold to people they knew and trusted. For instance, they wouldn't sell it in mass orders to the MoM, as they did with the other items. Instead they would sell it to Aurors and such that they knew.

No, I don't think the twins regret their earlier actions, but I do believe they have matured. People learn from their mistakes and the twins have done just that. They've gone from stealing from Filch's cabinets simply because they could, to helping Harry in his time of need by giving him an essential tool. They've managed to take their personalities and their practical jokes and turn them into a legitimate profession.

I think it was absolutely perfect; it showed how they could forgive although Percy was being a total butt-face before. Forgiveness is a great trait that they possess.

I personally don't like it, simply because of the danger involved with the whole ordeal, but I also think it was necessary and brave of both of them. I do think they considered the dangers, but to a certain extent. They saw their parents, and how they survived the reign of Voldemort before, and assumed that they would most likely be okay. And, yes, the loss of George's ear made them realize just how much they were getting into.

To me, it seems like losing Fred would be like having half of your body ripped away. I really don't know how George is going to cope with it. But maybe his work will offer him some relief. So, yeah, I think he'll keep the store going.

July 15th!

Siggie by me, pic used with permission from tiffany
Old October 10th, 2010, 11:32 pm
First Year

1. How do you think Fred and George reacted to the consequences of Draco's use of their Peruvian Darkness Powder in HBP? Wasn't aware that Draco used it. It has been awhile since I have read the actual book, but I am aware that Harry had some. Idont think fred or george would have thought that because of harrys use , draco would do the things he did to Harry. Good thing luna was there to be the hero.

2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions? The past is in the past. They may be sorry if they hurt someone but were they regretfull? i don't thin so. Yes maturaty come with experience and age..

I think they were deep down glad because percy no matter what is thier brother.

4. What do you think of the twins decision to join the Order and the fight at Hogwarts? Did they consider the consequences of their actions or were they acting rashly? Do you think George's loss of an ear made them understand the danger more than they did before? I think it was admirable... They were fighting for thier freedom as well as thier family's future. I think they were aware of consiquence but did they think it would actually happen to them ? Probably not to the extremity that it occured. But the loss of george's ear mad e it more real

I think he did... its way to keep freds memory going. losing a twin is hard, a part of you is missing, but its easier to keep them with you alway with memories even though their body isn/t there.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies