Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies

Fred & George Weasley: Character Analysis

Old January 1st, 2008, 7:49 am
Too MAGENTA for a UT

Re: Fred & George Weasley: Character Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariebeth83 View Post
It doesn't strike me as very healthy that Angelina on her part marries George...I wonder does she marry him in order to feel closer to Fred? I'm glad that he can be somewhat happy, but I doubt that he'd ever be the same George as he was when Fred was alive, especially as he seems to be the more sensitive of the twins.
I thought that perhaps George might end up with Verity, their assistant in HBP. I don't really like the idea that he ended up with Angelina, but as JK said, hopefully they'll find happiness.

the tiniest mite packs the mightiest sting.

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2008, 12:13 am
Second Year

5. I was shocked when george died, i beleive that Fred will continue the shop however his charicter will be drastically changed and will be without much of his ususal good-humoredness

Old January 19th, 2008, 12:25 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I wonder whether George found Ron something of a substitute for Fred (not just in the joke shop). Ron has a great sense of humour too and always seemed closer to the twins than his other brothers and sister. I don't think George would ever get over losing his twin, but Ron's presence could have helped him through.

Albus Dumbledore, HBP
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:43 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux4 View Post
I wonder whether George found Ron something of a substitute for Fred (not just in the joke shop). Ron has a great sense of humour too and always seemed closer to the twins than his other brothers and sister. I don't think George would ever get over losing his twin, but Ron's presence could have helped him through.
Well, Ron could never replace or substitute Fred, but I guess Ron could've helped him recover a little bit. Ron is pretty funny, but just not the same as Fred, especially to George. Besides, Ron was the one that Fred and George always picked on. I think it would kind of hard for George to suddenly think of Ron as an equal. Fred and George were like two peas in a pod, or two halves of a whole, and I don't think anything could change that for George.

Old April 15th, 2008, 12:06 am
First Year

1. How do you think Fred and George reacted to the consequences of Draco's use of their Peruvian Darkness Powder in HBP?
I think they would have wondered how Draco had gotten his hands on it, and then they probably would have felt bad.
2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions?I think that since they were born on April Fools, they are natural pranksters, and will always prank. After a while, though, I think that they would have matured, and only played pranks on their family. I think that if they really hurt someone, they might slightly regret their actions, but most of the time, I don't think they would.

3. What do you think of the twins reaction to Percy's return in DH?I think that they would have been really surprised that he would come back, but secretly, I think that they would wish he had realized his mistake sooner, and come home earlier.

4. What do you think of the twins decision to join the Order and the fight at Hogwarts? Did they consider the consequences of their actions or were they acting rashly? Do you think George's loss of an ear made them understand the danger more than they did before?
I think that they made a good decision to fight for their school and the Order. I think they acted a little bit rashly, but even if they had put more thought into it, they would have still fought. I think that it made them realize that there was a chance that they wouldn't always be by each other's sides.

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Will he continue the joke shop without his twin?[/quote] I think that he will cope with the loss of fred by the help of his family. I think that he still goes on with the joke shop, and I read somewhere that Ron goes on to work with George at the shop.

i think remus lupin should rule the world... all problems would be solved with chocolate

"AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO GET OLD!!!"-Bellla from Twilight
hehehe i think that's how it goes...

REMEMBER CC!!! REMEMBER HIM!!

Biggest fan of the sidekicks ever! YAY RON, EMMETT & JACOB!!

I'm a Rose + Scorpius shipper. If you are too, put this in your sig!
Old April 15th, 2008, 2:45 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermy_weasley2 View Post
1. How do you think Fred and George reacted to the consequences of Draco's use of their Peruvian Darkness Powder in HBP?
I actually don't remember that part of the story so I'm afraid I can't answer that question. Sorry.

2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions?
Yes. No, I doubt it because they absolutly loved those jokes and none of them hurt anyone exept for the people they hated.

3. What do you think of the twins reaction to Percy's return in DH?
I'm sure they still had some hard feelings about what Percy had done before, but I also think that they were glad that he decided to rejoin his family and fight.

4. What do you think of the twins decision to join the Order and the fight at Hogwarts? Did they consider the consequences of their actions or were they acting rashly? Do you think George's loss of an ear made them understand the danger more than they did before?
I think that was a good and well thought out decision. I'm sure they did, but Fred and George love consequences, IMO. Yes.

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Will he continue the joke shop without his twin?
I'm sure that he will be able to cope with it, but I'm sure that he might feel like part of him is missing because Fred was always with him and they always did all of their jokes together and even finished eachothers senteces sometimes. I'm sure he will I actually think he might team up with Ron and continue the joke shop together.
I♥Sirius, I♥Harry!

Old April 15th, 2008, 2:56 am
Third Year

I really didn't think that Fred or George would die in DH, so i was shocked when i read. I just think they they added humor to the books, and it was something the book really needed to the end. They were just a pair I really hoped could make it through, but all in all maybe it put the fact that anyone can die, even those least expected, do meet an end somehow.

Two of the oddest men you would ever meet.

Supporter of splitting at shell cottage after Dobby's Heroic death.
Old April 15th, 2008, 3:02 am
Fifth Year

I was shocked when Fred died as well. I didn't expect the comic relief to be killed.. Thinking of George without Fred makes me depressed

Old April 24th, 2008, 3:21 am
First Year

Count me among the absolutely shocked, too. I couldn't get over it--it came out of absolutely nowhere. I hadn't even worried about the twins. I thought they were safe because to kill one would be heartless, and to kill both would be to kill joy and hope and laughter in the darkest of times. Not going to happen. Especially after George's ear. I saw that as a free pass: they were no longer unscathed, so they'd be just fine. Ow, my soul.

1. How do you think Fred and George reacted to the consequences of Draco's use of their Peruvian Darkness Powder in HBP? I think that they realized that because they had opened a public retail store, literally anyone who walked down Diagon Alley could stop by. While at Hogwarts, they probably only pulled pranks and sold jokes for the people they knew wouldn't misuse them, or were united under a common goal (like in OOTP). I think it was probably a wake-up call, the real world knocking at their door, and they had to realize that caution was necessary.

2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions? I think they have definitely matured since the beginning. People grow up. I think they used humor more wisely and less indiscriminately as time went on. They definitely gained more consideration for people's feelings. They probably do regret some of their previous actions, at least vaguely, but I see them as very forward-looking people who don't live in the past. As such, they wouldn't be very prone to regrets.

3. What do you think of the twins reaction to Percy's return in DH? I thought it was great. Very natural. A little awkwardness at the beginning, but I thought it was admirable how Fred (the harsher of the two, according to Jo) ended up laughing at Percy's joke in the end. It was like things were almost okay again.

4. What do you think of the twins decision to join the Order and the fight at Hogwarts? Did they consider the consequences of their actions or were they acting rashly? Do you think George's loss of an ear made them understand the danger more than they did before? I think that no one can know, for real, what they're getting themselves into before hand, particularly with a big step like joining the Order. I think that the loss of George's ear probably did serve as a wake-up call, even if they laughed it off admirably.

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Will he continue the joke shop without his twin? I think that George was probably devastated. It breaks my heart to think about it...but ultimately, I think he'd rise above. It wouldn't be easy at first, but it's not like him to lose all will to live. Eventually, I think he'd set about finding new ways to laugh and to make others laugh again. The joke shop probably did close for a while, but once George got himself figured out and started the long, hard process of getting on with life, he would probably open up shop again, even with some new ideas. I think the twins understood better than anyone the importance of laughter even (or especially, maybe) in the face of darkness, and really living life to the fullest.

--Proud Ravenclaw--
Old May 14th, 2008, 9:00 pm
Second Year

they will be more careful in selling their products

2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions?

i think they are already matured since they begin to think of having their own business.. but i dont think they have any regrets to what they did before.. they were just having fun and they dont actually mean to hurt anyone seriously.

of course they were so happy... i know they already forgiven their brother theyre just waiting for him to admit his faults.

no.. i think they do it because they want to make sure that voldemort will be defeated and no one will ever harm their family..

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Will he continue the joke shop without his twin?[/quote]

it will never be the same but life must go on.. it would probably hard for him but im sure the rest of the weasleys and harry and hermione will help him ease the pain, and of course he will continue the joke shop.. its his way of remembering his twin brother..

"Understanding is the first step to acceptance..
and only with acceptance can there be recovery..."
Old May 21st, 2008, 7:21 pm
Third Year

I think they already knew the dangers, but they wanted to help, to be apart of making the wizard world a Voldemort- free place once again, and to protect all the people they love. They were true, brave Gryffindors, they would have fought, despite the consequences. They knew what they were getting themselves into .

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Will he continue the joke shop without his twin?

I always thought he wouldn't cope so well, at least not at first and that he would be somewhat unwilling to laugh. His first joke without his brother would have been a step towards moving on as much as possible. Losing a person you love is bad enough, but they were twins, so close, inseperable, and living without Fred would have been so hard.
He would have all his family with him though and I think he would have got through it.

Old May 21st, 2008, 11:12 pm
Second Year

I think it made them realise that even though their products were not meant to be intentionally dangerous and harmful, there are people in the world who would use them in that way. I think maybe it gave them a wake up call.

I don't think they would have regretted them, it just doesn't seem in their nature. They are practical jokers and it wouldn't be right if they felt bad after everything they did. As I said above, I think they are more wiser now about what to make and sell.

They must have been shocked, but also quite pleased that he returned. They were probably amused by Percys embarassment and mistake, and were willing to forgive him.

I think they did exactly what everyone else did, and I'm glad they did. At least Fred died fighting for what is right; I'm sure they knew fully well what they were getting themselves into, and just like the others, they just wanted to help. Good on them.

This is very hard to say. On one hand, he might continue it in memory of his brother, and also because they've already got extremely far with it. And on the other hand, he might choose to discontinue it because Weasley's Wizard Wheezes just isn't the same without his brother. He's mostly probably extremely devestated, and I don't think he'll be the same as he always was. Both of them always thought that whatever happened, they'd always be okay. For example, when George's ear got chopped off, they managed to laugh it off because they were still fine, but now after Fred's death, it's probably hit home and made George realise that he can't go through life joking about everything and being dismissive of danger. I feel really bad for him though, it's like hes lost a part of himself. They did everything together.

Awwwhhh, Fred.

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart. Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.

Last edited by Sarahx; May 21st, 2008 at 11:15 pm.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 6:06 pm
First Year

As far as Draco using their products I think they would have been like oh well, let the git buy our products and we can use to money to make his life more miserable. Also I think they took Percy back with no problem. I have often thought that the Twins were very perceptive of people's feelings throughout the series, even if they didn't always care about them. They probably realized that in war time family is important and thus did not make a big deal about it. And yes, as they got older they did mature and practice less violent or mean pranks. They proved to be two of my favorite characters in the series. Their growth throughout all the books was immeasurable, almost as much as Harry's.

Old June 5th, 2008, 9:44 pm
MODLY CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermy_weasley2 View Post
I think it showed that blood is thicker than water. They teased him mercilessly when he was living at home and they were understandably angry at him for denying his family. But when Percy saw the wrong of his ways they welcomed him back. I think loyalty is of major importance to the twins but they are also quick to forgive others for their mistakes.

Old January 13th, 2009, 4:51 pm
nyc_girl

The twins definitely matured over the course of the series. However, they always had a bit of a mean streak, and they could be particularly cruel towards someone who they felt deserved it. For instance, they threw Montague in the Vanishing Closet in the 5th book and were completely indifferent to when/if he would be found. Now, as satisfying as it is when someone like Montague gets what's coming to them, it was still wrong of them to put a student's life in jeopardy. As Malfoy mentions in the 6th book, Montague was stuck there for ages until he Apparated out, nearly dying in the process. His death was almost on their hands, but I somehow don't ever see them regretting what they did. There's no doubt about it, they have a nasty side to their personalities.

Still love them, though.

Old January 13th, 2009, 6:20 pm
Animaga terpsichore

Oh there is no doubt in my mind that they have matured over the past years. I believe their turning point in maturing happened between either the 4th and 5th books or between the 5th and 6th. The only time they ever relapsed during these books was playing jokes on the Inquisitorial Squad and, of course, on Umbridge who deserved it. I think they regret some of the harsher jokes that they have played on others. But other than that, they have matured more than ever.

Keep On Dancing Til The World Ends
Old January 20th, 2009, 5:42 am
Fourth Year

1. How do you think Fred and George reacted to the consequences of Draco's use of their Peruvian Darkness Powder in HBP? Like Fred and George would.

2. Fred and George played some rather cruel jokes earlier in the series, do you feel that they have matured since then? Yes, of course. Like most kids, they did play some cruel jokes. But they weren't the type of Kids who got away with it while Molly and Arthur looked the other way. Do you believe they regret some of their earlier actions? Yes, because they were probably held accountable for their actions.

3. What do you think of the twins reaction to Percy's return in DH? In the normal Fred and George way. I think it was a case of "Oh, you've decided you need your Family now. Ok, so you've come back. Let's see how long you last this time". While they were surprised, they still held back and didn't completely trust him. At that point, he hadn't earned their trust.

4. What do you think of the twins decision to join the Order and the fight at Hogwarts? Amazing, normal F & G reaction, crazy. Did they consider the consequences of their actions or were they acting rashly? No, I don't think they really thought things through. If they did, it probaly was more of "if I die, make sure you do this". I don't think they really considered being killed as a serious threat. Remember, they had seen three members of their Family seriously injured, but saved through Medical intervention, devine intervention. So I don't think death really was a possibility they considered. Plus, they wanted to make sure people could live freely and not have to constantly watch over their shoulders. So if they did die in the process and their Loved ones were saved and lived, then that's a sacrifice they were willing to pay. Do you think George's loss of an ear made them understand the danger more than they did before? I really don't know how to answer this one. On the one hand, no I don't. They probably were running on adrenaline. This was probably especially true for George who was probably running on adrenaline and vengeance. He probably was wanting to get Snape and make him suffer. Plus, with everything being hectic, they probably didn't have time to sit down and weigh their decision.

5. How do you think George will cope with the loss of Fred? Again, I really don't know how to answer this one. We didn't see George in the epilogue. So I can't answer either way. Will he continue the joke shop without his twin? I'm not 100% sure on this one either.

I TRUST Severus Snape!!!!
Old March 19th, 2009, 12:47 am
First Year

I was very depressed when Fred died because Fred and George where always there to make me laugh and smile.m But that's the way the wind blows

Old March 19th, 2009, 4:56 am
Hogwarts Graduate

The only "cruel" joke that the twins did was to bewitch snowballs to hit the back of Quirrell's head. I don't know if Voldy was already possessing Quirrell, but if he was, the snowballs were hitting Voldemort! I can't think of any other cruel jokes that the twins did. But, I think they did mature as time went on. And I don't think they regretted anything.

Old March 25th, 2009, 5:56 pm
Sixth Year

Quite horrified, but like makers of harmful things, they knew there might be consequences, but I assume they would never think one of their products would be used for evil purposes.

I donít think any of the joke were harsh or cruel, one step too far yes, but never cruel. I donít think they would ever regret anything that made them or anyone else laugh.

I think it shows how close knit of a family they are, that they can forgive him for turning his back on the family.

I think that like the rest of the Order they were willing to fight for the right cause. I donít think that the twins think much, they act. I would say yeah it made them think, but I donít think it stopped them in anyway, or gave them pause, from the work they were doing for the Order.

It will be hard, to lose a twin, it is like a piece of you is always missing, youíre never quite full, I think he is strong but I donít think he is strong enough to go to work day after day to the place he and his brother built up. Maybe after a few years had gone by he might have opened it back up.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies