Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies

Hermione Granger: Character Analysis

Old March 12th, 2014, 10:22 am
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Hermione Granger: Character Analysis

Not just the Ministry, even the Order which sent two of its members to take the Dursleys away. Nothing seems to be offered for Hermione.

I don't know how Ron would have reacted to the Muggle things in Hermione's room. Honestly, I don't think he would have been interested all that much.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:55 am
First Year

I don't think she's anymore close minded than other Ravenclaws or an other character really. Its not like Harry or Ron ever really thought outside of the box either. In fact, it could be argued that HG thought more outside the box than them both; see Dark Mark Galleons

The Ravenclaw password seemed like a logic question, and Hermione is good at logic.

I wouldn't place much stock in Luna or Xeno's "open mindedness" - they are both considered as kooks by their peers. I'd say they had alternative thinking rather than 'Open mindness' because they would not see reason or look past their delusions, even when there is evidence to the contrary.

The DH - Very few believed in them.. only kooks like Xeno, Dumbledore* and Voldemort*

I guess my point is tht she isn't the only character to cling stubbornly to a belief, we see many characters over the series to do so.

Old November 26th, 2014, 11:23 pm
Second Year

I have to say this time through reading the series I really enjoyed Hermione more then I did in previous reads.

She really is a such an awesome character, some times grating, but often she is just filled with a weird, nerdy kind of charisma that is very captivating.

Reading the Rita Skeeter's update of the Characters at the Quidditch Worldcup I am happy that Hermione kept her last name, and that she seems thriving.

I admit that when I did this reread, I did see more chemistry between Harry/Hermione then I had on previous reads. When they where together in cemetery I had a kind of ache for the what if, that could have been. Still happy how everything ended up though.

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw
Old November 30th, 2014, 6:27 am
Curse Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy View Post
I figure she didn't trust the Ministry to help her. When the Order came to take the Dursleys into hiding it's stated they thought the Ministry had been compromised. Why she didn't consult the Order is anyone's guess, though I suspect she did. IMO, Hermione didn't want her parents to know there was any kind of danger at all, and memory charms are the only way to evacuate them while allowing them to remain ignorant of the war. The modification was just as much about keeping them worry-free as it was keeping them safe.
I tend to agree with your view. I also think that Hermione wanted to protect her parents in the event she died in the war. They'd live on doing what they believed they always wanted to do, live in Australia, and not have to grieve her death.

....I miss David Tennant....
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies