Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies

Molly Weasley: Character Analysis

Old July 24th, 2007, 11:12 pm
Third Year

Re: Molly Weasley: Character Analysis

1) We saw a couple of new facets to Molly's personality in Deathly Hallows. Has your opinion of her changed?It hasn't changed one bit. She's still a loving mother figure to Harry and a strong person.

2) Molly had that unforgettable line where she confronted Bellatrix. We saw that she was a very skilled fighter. Have we seen flashes of this passion in her before?Well, she is the mother of six boys so she has had to deal with a lot in her time as a mother. We knew she was strong willed, but now we see that is also a strong fighter. She was a skilled dueler in this story. I enjoyed her interaction with Bellatrix.

3) Does Molly put Ginny before her other children?
As a mother, I know she wouldn't normally treat Ginny any different than her other kids. In this story though, I think she did. Ginny is her only daughter and she was not seventeen yet, so during the battle it was a must that Ginny stayed in the Room of Requirement. Molly did not want anything to happen to Ginny at all, but she knew her other kids were old enough to handle themselves.

4)Can you picture Molly as a doting Granmother to Ron and Hermionie's children and Harry and Ginny's?
Definitely. If JKR could write a book about their kids, she would definitely be the kind, loving grandmother.

Old July 25th, 2007, 10:16 pm
Fifth Year

1) We saw a couple of new facets to Molly's personality in Deathly Hallows. Has your opinion of her changed?

Not at all. I love her, she is an amazing character. Full of love for her children and others.

2) Molly had that unforgettable line where she confronted Bellatrix. We saw that she was a very skilled fighter. Have we seen flashes of this passion in her before?

I think so, I mean she can handle Fred and George right? She obvioulsy has great passion for her children. Her reaction after the World Cup and after Percy left. I think she would do anything when it comes to her children (or their close friends).

I think that she may be a bit extra protective of her as she is the youngest and the only girl. I would htink that Molly would try to aviod that, but I can see why she would.

4)Can you picture Molly as a doting Granmother to Ron and Hermionie's children and Harry and Ginny's?

Definitely.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:05 am
First Year

Molly is awesome. Throughout the books she demonstrated that she was a very talented and creative witch. We never saw her have to protect herself or her children. Molly doesn't put Ginny before her other children, I think the moment hit her with the curse from Bella almost hitting Ginny and Fred's death just hours before brought out her true capabilities of being excellent in magic. She is going to make an extradorinary grandma. Just think how she fusses over Harry during everytime she sees him.
She is an awesome character!!!!

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:18 am
Fifth Year

'Not my daughter, you..........’; enough said really.

She is well and truly Fabian's and Gideon's sister. The woman has the force of a volcano.

'Why is every critical moment in fate or the adult or child so clearly coloured by emotion?’ Vygotsky
Old July 26th, 2007, 11:59 pm
First Year

Wow this is my first time posting so we'll see how it goes!!

Molly has always been one of my favorite characters in the book because of the roll that she has played in the raising of Harry and the care that she shows him and the rest of her children. She also has dealed with the pain of death when she was younger with the death of her two brothers and she carries it over with the fear of losing her children+harry (her boggart)

1. no it hasn't changed what i thought of her at all. In fact it has done nothing but make me like her more! Rock on MOLLY!

2. Yes but not very much. You mainly see it when she gets mad (mostly at Fred and George lol) All of a sudden she gets really mean looking and her eyes start to flash. And all those memorable tirades. Howler anyone? I actually almost felt sorry for Bella!! (hey i said ALMOST)

3. Before? Not really. I just think that Molly was really trying to protect her youngest and only girl, who really shouldn't have been fighting at all (but more power to her!). Yeah like someone else said, she had already lost one child and she didn't want to lose another one, not on Mollywatch!! haha

4. Heck ya! You can really tell that she will by the treatment that she gives her own children. Especially Harry. Who loves the parts of the books where she just fusses over him when she sees him in the begining of the books!!!??

Yeah I totally agree Loony_Tinne, When she gave him Fabian's watch!! LOVED IT! so sad! It really said a lot about what she feels about Harry, giving him something that once belonged to a dead brother! I think that ment more to him than if she gave him a new watch! It just makes me think that she always intented to give it to him, since she never gave it to any of her other sons. BTW What ever happened to Gideon's watch? Did he have one? Which of the Weasley boys have it? Goodness bit off topic and not really important, but can't help feeling curious! Yes Yes I know curiosity killed the Kneazle. But still!
All in all, MOLLY WEASLEY YOU STIR MY CAULDRON!!!
Until next post
CDL

Old July 27th, 2007, 2:19 am
Sixth Year

She reminds me a lot of my mom.

- I John 4:18

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
Enter the world of my fanfictions! Deviantart
Old July 27th, 2007, 4:26 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterposse View Post
She reminds me a lot of my mom.
How lucky you are!

Old July 28th, 2007, 4:44 am
Banned

I remember hearing something about her brothers and the Prewitt family and I can't remember where. I heard they tended to be Ravenclaws and Molly was the "Sirius" of the family but w/o animosity. Can anyone tell me where that came from?

All the Best,

Lunatic

Old August 5th, 2007, 10:27 am
First Year

We saw a couple of new facets to Molly's personality in Deathly Hallows. Has your opinion of her changed?
Not at all. I always knew she could become--for want of a better word--feisty. She reacted to the situations in DH the way I'd expect any mother to.

Molly had that unforgettable line where she confronted Bellatrix. We saw that she was a very skilled fighter. Have we seen flashes of this passion in her before?
I think mostly it was just the maternal instincts coming out in her, things like that can be mighty powerful
To me she's always seemed to be more of a Healer type witch. I found it strange that Bellatrix managed to kill Tonks, an Auror [which JKR confirmed in an interview] but was defeated by a middle aged housewife...but since when was the series ever overly realistic?

Does Molly put Ginny before her other children?
Nah I don't think so. She treated Ginny with the same discipline and protection she did any of her kids. Of course Ginny would have a special meaning to Molly being her only daughter though.

Can you picture Molly as a doting Granmother to Ron and Hermionie's children and Harry and Ginny's?
Yeah She'd be a great Grandma

"You're a freaking idiot Ron," Harry replied.
Old August 12th, 2007, 7:32 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppitydee View Post
Molly had that unforgettable line where she confronted Bellatrix. We saw that she was a very skilled fighter. Have we seen flashes of this passion in her before?
I think mostly it was just the maternal instincts coming out in her, things like that can be mighty powerful
To me she's always seemed to be more of a Healer type witch. I found it strange that Bellatrix managed to kill Tonks, an Auror [which JKR confirmed in an interview] but was defeated by a middle aged housewife...but since when was the series ever overly realistic?
Molly is someone I associate with Minerva McGonagall. Different faces of the Goddess, perhaps…

Both are very intelligent ad very tough and both fought fiercely when called upon to do it. Bellatrix had nothing compared to Molly's wisdom and courage.

BTW, speaking as one, never underestimate the power of a middle-aged housewife. Arthur has the sense to know who's in charge, and so do her kids. It's a shame that it takes the extraordinary circumstances of battle to make people take Molly seriously. I've always had a lot of respect for her.

Old August 12th, 2007, 8:59 pm
Second Year

1) We saw a couple of new facets to Molly's personality in Deathly Hallows. Has your opinion of her changed?

I don't think that my opinion of her has changed at all. We always saw new glimpses of her through each book, like in "The Woes of Mrs. Weasley" we see her true fears in life. I think that by this book we have the whole spectrum of Molly Weasley.

2) Molly had that unforgettable line where she confronted Bellatrix. We saw that she was a very skilled fighter. Have we seen flashes of this passion in her before?

I think that there was always a little fire in her eyes, especially when Fleur became a central part of her life, but I don't think that we have seen anything this outrageous from her before.

No. Not at all. The only reason that people think she does is because she is the only girl in the family. I think that she has more of a responsibility to make sure that nothing happens to Ginny for that reason, and because she's the youngest, but she loves all of her children equally. Throughout the book, with the exception of maybe Charlie from what I remember, she has put one of her children above the others at one point to help them. I think that she is the epitome of a fair and equal mother; we may just have a hard time believing it because this whole book is telling us what Harry wants us to know, and we all know that he has a soft spot for Ginny.

4) Can you picture Molly as a doting Grandmother to Ron and Hermionie's children and Harry and Ginny's?

Of course I can, who wouldn't! She has been such a lovely mother, such a caring mother, and after having all of these children, I think that she was getting fed up with having no one new to fawn over.

I am McLovin.
Old August 12th, 2007, 9:01 pm
Fifth Year

Only that I love her even more!

Yes when they came back from the World Cup and how she was so upset that Fred or George could have died and they would have died with her having been mad at them. It showed how fierce she was about her family. Also when she wanted to protect Harry from knowing to much in OotP. She really is the ultimate mother IMO.

No, at least not in my opinion. Had Bellatrix almost killed any of her children (even Percy) at that point she would have reacted exactly the same way only she would have yelled son instead of daughter.

Definitely! She will give those kids (all of her grandkids!) so much love because she has so much to give.

"How do you feel, Georgie?" whispered Mrs. Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head. "Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey. Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear related humor before you, you go for holey?"

Be kind, use the Search Engine|Search Engine Tutorial
Old September 3rd, 2007, 9:03 pm
First Year

Mrs. Weasley and her temper

Does anybody besides me think that, especially in OOTP, Mrs. Weasley has a sort of temper.

Old September 4th, 2007, 3:50 am
I want to believe

Yes, it changed for the better, I think. In past books we never saw her in a situation where she had to fight like we do in this one. We know that she'd do anything to protect her children (and Harry), but it was great to actually see her doing just that. I really liked her in this book.

Yes, it shows in her stubbornness when it comes to protecting her children (and Harry). One such example is when she gets into an argument with Sirius in OotP over what Harry shouldn't be allowed to hear regarding Voldemort. She gets quite passionate there, and she is adamant that the rest of her children not hear anything either, though she is only able to send Ginny up to bed in the end.

I don't think so, but Ginny is the youngest and she probably believes Ginny needs the most looking after due to that fact. Also, she's the only girl, and I think maybe Mrs. Weasley might treat her differently due to that. But I don't believe she'd ever put any of her children before another - they're all loved equally.

4)Can you picture Molly as a doting Grandmother to Ron and Hermione's children and Harry and Ginny's?
Yes I'm sure she would be, and I'm sure she'd be a very opinionated grandmother when it came to methods of child-rearing.

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Old September 6th, 2007, 2:58 am
First Year

Not particularly. She wasn't really different than how she had been in the previous books. The scene where she and Arthur gave Harry her dead brother's watch was so nice and sad at the same time. Her panic during the wedding preparations were really amusing to witness Add her anxiety about Harry, Ron and Hermione leaving for an unknown mission on that.. The way she kept ordering everyone to do something before the wedding were fun. And I believe Fred's line about putting a body bind curse on her when he gets married was a brilliant explanation of her behavior (although poor Fred will never get to see his wedding day )

Well, we never saw her fighting a duel before, did we? But it was obvious that she didn't lack any skill or strength, she's what you would call "a handful". So I always guessed there would come up a scene where she would quit being just maternal and show us what she's got. She's a stubborn woman, there's no way in hell to stop her once she set her mind to something. Remember how she stood up to Sirius in Ootp? I always thought it was an indication of how she would behave during a duel.

I don't think so. I mean, yes we officially learned that she always wanted a girl from what the Horcrux screamed at Ron. But she never treated any differently than she treated the boys. On the contrary, I always thought that Ginny must be quite frustrated with her because she expected her to help her with housework and kitchen stuff all the time. I believe that what Molly wanted to mean with that famous line was "not my daughter too" since Fred died only an hour ago.

4)Can you picture Molly as a doting Grandmother to Ron and Hermione's children and Harry and Ginny's?
Absolutely! And not to only Harry's and Ron's but to the whole Weasleys'!

Old September 22nd, 2007, 10:04 am
Fifth Year

Molly has always worn the trousers in her family. When Bella attacked Ginny and Molly went in for the kill....this was her only daughter being attacked!
What did Molly say again, to Bella......'not my daughter, you *****'!

Sorry....it won't happen again!
Glenn

Last edited by Wright1771; September 24th, 2007 at 9:42 am. Reason: edited out evading of swear word censor
Old September 22nd, 2007, 5:23 pm
Beauxbatons Champion

Give it up for Molly Weasley everyone!

Giggles to self at MuggleCast joke

Her whole "moment" in DH with Bellatrix totally shocked me I had to re-read the whole page like ten times before it sank in. And then I was like "wooo! Go Molly!".

At first I thought it was completely out of character, but then I saw the context it was put in and thought it was perfect. Molly has always been seen as the nurturing mother, and we know that at times the children and Arthur are scared of her. It was just like wow, we saw her at her full power and her anger at Bellatrix because she had almost killed her daughter was spot on. After all that excitement I'm sure she was glad to get back to her family and I'm sure she would be a wonderful grandmother

Writing Contest ~ CoS Graphics Contest ~ LoonyMagic's Icons ~ loonyabby_icons at LiveJournal
Old September 24th, 2007, 11:33 pm
Ron's Pygmy Puff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageThyme View Post
No. She's the same loving mother that she's always been.
Quote:
No. I really don't see any evidence in the stories where one can think this. I do, however, believe that parents are more protective of their daughters than of their sons.
Quote:
Yes, definitely! I can imagine her knitting Christmas sweaters for them. Molly is perfect for the role of grandmother.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14

My Graphics|Aftermath|Goodreads|My Blog
I may disagree with you politically, religiously, and/or on Snape but that doesn't mean I dislike you.
Old September 25th, 2007, 11:34 am
Second Year

I don't think we ever see Molly's Patronus, but I think it would be a safe guess that it might be a bear. Molly is a mother bear, and every one knows the most dangerous place to be is between a mama bear and her cubs.

I also don't think we see any "new" aspects of her, I think we just see her placed in more extreme circumstances. But I think those parts of her have always been there in the story.

Yes defiantly. We see her arguing with Sirius in OotP. We've always known Molly had a temper, and was very protective of her children.

I think Ginny is the child most like Molly, the one she sees herself in the most. Not only is Ginny the only girl, but personality wise the seem quite similar. Also taking similar paths through life. So in a way perhaps Molly feels a bit closer, and is more able to relate to Ginny then she might to say Charlie or George.

But I don't think she loved Ginny greater then her other children. If she could have saved Fred she would have moved heaven and earth with her bare hands. If it had been Ron Bellatrix been closing in on I think the out come would have been same. Molly is the definition of an all mother, and she is truly in love with all of her children.

I think she lives for her grandchildren. And that she loves her grandchildren as much as she loves her children.

I think it is possible with both Hermione and Ron working that Molly may have home schooled Rose and Hugo, (at the very least it would not shock me). Nor would it shock me if Molly went to stay with the new family's for a bit after the grandchildren where first born. In all I think the biggest obstacle Molly ever faced was an empty house. I think she was through the roof for each and every grandchild she had.

The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw
Old September 26th, 2007, 4:20 am
Third Year

Molly is the quintessential mother. What she fears most is her kids dying:

From CoS, p33 US, after the boys picked up Harry in the car - "You could have died, you could have been seen, you could have lost your father his job..."

From CoS, p88 US, from the howler - "...you and Harry could both have died..."

From OtoP, p176 US, after Lupin helped her get rid of the boggart - "I see them d-d-dead all the time!" Mrs. Weasley moaned into his shoulder. "All the t-t-time! I d-d-dream about it..."

Bellatrix's AK just missing Ginny put Molly right over the top!

Molly loves Harry and Hermoine - I'm sure she was delighted that her kids were marrying two that she already loved. Molly will delight in being Gramma to those 5 and possibly little Fred as well.

FGM

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies