Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies

Lucius Malfoy: Character Analysis

Old May 2nd, 2014, 6:56 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Lucius Malfoy: Character Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
On this I disagree with you He was not happy with playing host to Voldemort in his house . I believe that the Malfoy's were not in control of their house while Voldemort was using it as his base. Those who were held there were not Lucius's prisoners they were Voldemort's, Lucius had no choice in who got held there.

As far as I can see Lucius had tons of gold to throw around ,I can easily see him buying his way out of trouble with the Law. As has been said he testified against other DE's ,so maybe that along with some gold got him off of all charges?.
Yes, they were Voldemort's prisoners. But he was using Malfoy Manor as a base because Lucius was a DE. He didn't go to any wizarding home. It was Lucius' own fault that his home was turned into a base for a criminal organisation. It was Lucius' own fault that he lost control of his own home.

I'd like to think that Kingsley was running a less corrupt Ministry than Fudge, but if Lucius was able to buy his way out of trouble, again, it would be disappointing. I'd prefer to think that along with his testimony, Lucius was forced to contribute a large pile of gold to the rebuilding fund, rather than to the Gringotts account of some corrupt Ministry officials. (I'd also like to think that this money was going to help Muggleborn victims of the DEs, because that would be the most galling to Lucius, but also the most fitting if he was to make some kind of contribution or tiny version of amends.) I'd like to think that he was maybe kept under house arrest for at least a time, and I'd like to think that Kingsley, as a better Minister than his predecessors, and the new Auror Department ensured that Lucius, and any other terrorists who avoided prison were closely monitored. Perhaps even a suspended sentence, whereby if he got into trouble again, he would serve the sentence, no excuses, sympathies or pay-offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSonic View Post
That was more pragmatism than anything else. He needed Wormtail alive to clear Sirius' name. If they didn't need a living Wormtail to confess, there's no doubt Harry would have wanted to kill him.
The body of Sirius' supposed victim would be enough to raise questions, IMO. Thinking on it, I recall that he spared Wormtail so that Sirius and Lupin would not become killers.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.

Last edited by FurryDice; May 2nd, 2014 at 7:01 pm.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2014, 8:04 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
The body of Sirius' supposed victim would be enough to raise questions, IMO. Thinking on it, I recall that he spared Wormtail so that Sirius and Lupin would not become killers.
Wouldn't they have probably had to kill people in the first war? Killing one more DE, a truly vile one at that, wouldn't make much difference.

Old May 2nd, 2014, 9:53 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Wouldn't they have probably had to kill people in the first war? Killing one more DE, a truly vile one at that, wouldn't make much difference.
They may have, and probably did in fighting the DEs. However, there's a difference between killing in self-defence or in a battle and killing a captive.

"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Old May 4th, 2014, 7:16 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
They may have, and probably did in fighting the DEs. However, there's a difference between killing in self-defence or in a battle and killing a captive.
Pettigrew was also a traitor. Nothing wrong with executing a traitor who got your comrades killed.

I do think a living Pettigrew (who could be interrogated) was better than a dead one.

Old May 4th, 2014, 12:08 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Pettigrew was also a traitor. Nothing wrong with executing a traitor who got your comrades killed.
Sirius and Lupin were not authorised to carry out executions. And, as not even the worst of the convicted DEs were executed after the first war, it seems unlikely that the wizarding world carries out executions in a legal capacity either.

Quote:
I do think a living Pettigrew (who could be interrogated) was better than a dead one.
That's true, but his body would have been enough to get the case reopened and questions asked, IMO.

Old September 13th, 2016, 12:05 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:

I'd like to think that Kingsley was running a less corrupt Ministry than Fudge, but if Lucius was able to buy his way out of trouble, again, it would be disappointing. I'd prefer to think that along with his testimony, Lucius was forced to contribute a large pile of gold to the rebuilding fund, rather than to the Gringotts account of some corrupt Ministry officials. (I'd also like to think that this money was going to help Muggleborn victims of the DEs, because that would be the most galling to Lucius, but also the most fitting if he was to make some kind of contribution or tiny version of amends.) I'd like to think that he was maybe kept under house arrest for at least a time, and I'd like to think that Kingsley, as a better Minister than his predecessors, and the new Auror Department ensured that Lucius, and any other terrorists who avoided prison were closely monitored. Perhaps even a suspended sentence, whereby if he got into trouble again, he would serve the sentence, no excuses, sympathies or pay-offs.
That would still be corruption though, and Lucius buying his way out of prison, whereever the money is going. Fudge was convinced of Lucius' innocence and then when shown inescapable proof otherwise sent him to Azkaban. He escaped but was a convict when recaught, but not sent back. Kingsley's administration might be a lot more competent, but this does not show to be less corrupt, just the opposite.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > The Stone > Legilimency Studies