Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Movies that scared you when you were a kid?

Old March 4th, 2012, 4:45 am
Seventh Year

Re: Movies that scared you when you were a kid?

Jurassic Park. Love it now though.

Scared the @#$% out of me - especially the raptor scene in the kitchen. I was eight years old when I saw it and though the girl was older than me she looked enough like me physically to freak me out - it was like watching myself be stalked by raptors. I remember crawling into my mom's lap because I was so scared. My memory of seeing that movie is still very vivid.

This is, to this day, the only movie I ever had a nightmare about the night I saw it. Even the Exorcist took about two weeks to give me nightmares. Then again, that was because it took me two weeks to fall asleep after watching it.

The Exorcist is my other one. Saw it for the first time when I was about 14 and why those dimwits at the video store rented my sister and I that movie when it was obvious we weren't old enough to rent R rated movies I will never know, nor will I ever forgive them for it. Only saw it once and that was too many times.

Last edited by Goddess_Clio; March 4th, 2012 at 4:48 am.
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2012, 7:59 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Imago View Post
Stephen King's IT. I still hate clowns to this day.

I wish I was kidding, but I was terrorized by fear as a child after seeing this movie. I thought a clown was going to come up from under my bed and drag me to my death. For weeks, I fell asleep with my arms glued to my side and my face angled towards the ceiling so I could see anything moving in my peripheral vision. *shudder*
Could not agree more. my mom would watch that movie. And of course I was curious and would try to watch it with her everytime. You'd think I would've learned my lesson, but i didn't. Still can't watch it to this day.
The other one that's at the top of my list is Nightmare on Elm Street. Anything with Freddy Krueger absolutely creeps me out and gives me the chills! Awhile back, someone had bought my boyfriend a sweater that looked exactly like his. I forbid him to wear it because even that gave me chills! Refuse to watch that one to this day also!

Old March 4th, 2012, 9:47 pm
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby26 View Post
The other one that's at the top of my list is Nightmare on Elm Street. Anything with Freddy Krueger absolutely creeps me out and gives me the chills
Oddly enough I don't mind Nightmare on Elm Street - the first time I saw it I actually sat there laughing and totally not understanding how anyone could think that movie was anything but funny.

Then again, I got my comeuppance when one of my high school best friends went on and on about how she thought the Exorcist was hilarious and I can't even handle still shots from that movie.

OH!! The Ice Cream Man. I saw that when I was about ten years old on a sleep over with my best friend and we were being babysat by my friend's cool aunt who was about 15 years older than us so we thought she was awesome. But then she showed up that Ice Cream Man movie. Haven't bought ice cream from an ice cream van since.

Old March 6th, 2012, 12:51 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
Oddly enough I don't mind Nightmare on Elm Street - the first time I saw it I actually sat there laughing and totally not understanding how anyone could think that movie was anything but funny.

OH!! The Ice Cream Man. I saw that when I was about ten years old on a sleep over with my best friend and we were being babysat by my friend's cool aunt who was about 15 years older than us so we thought she was awesome. But then she showed up that Ice Cream Man movie. Haven't bought ice cream from an ice cream van since.
Yeah I'm actually that way with Freddy vs Jason. That one cracked me up. But for some reason all the other ones bother me!

I don't remember that one at all. I'll have to try looking that one up. Sorry you haven't been able to buy ice cream from a van since though.

Old March 6th, 2012, 4:06 am
Seventh Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby26 View Post
I don't remember that one at all. I'll have to try looking that one up. Sorry you haven't been able to buy ice cream from a van since though.
Good luck finding it, it was pretty obscure even when I saw it as a kid. I'm not even positive it was called The Ice Cream Man...

Old November 12th, 2012, 8:34 pm
First Year

Scooby Doo on Zombie Island scared me senseless when I was a kid. The 'real' zombies and the freaky sounds they made freaked me out for weeks! Yet, strangely I kept on watching it ...

Disney's 'The Black Cauldron' scared me as well. The Horned King is one terrifying villain!

"I don't believe in the kind of magic in my books.

But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."

J.K. Rowling

Old April 9th, 2013, 4:56 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess_Clio View Post
Jurassic Park. Love it now though.

Scared the @#$% out of me - especially the raptor scene in the kitchen. I was eight years old when I saw it and though the girl was older than me she looked enough like me physically to freak me out - it was like watching myself be stalked by raptors. I remember crawling into my mom's lap because I was so scared. My memory of seeing that movie is still very vivid.

This is, to this day, the only movie I ever had a nightmare about the night I saw it. Even the Exorcist took about two weeks to give me nightmares. Then again, that was because it took me two weeks to fall asleep after watching it.

The Exorcist is my other one. Saw it for the first time when I was about 14 and why those dimwits at the video store rented my sister and I that movie when it was obvious we weren't old enough to rent R rated movies I will never know, nor will I ever forgive them for it. Only saw it once and that was too many times.
Love that movie ! It didn't really scare me, but considering the dinosaurs were so life like, I can see how it could scare children when they first see it . Really loved the raptors and the t-rex .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion