Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Starwars

Old January 26th, 2013, 2:50 am
Second Year

Re: Starwars

I never woulda imagined J.J. Abrams doing a Star Wars film. Nonetheless, this seems very promising.

Old January 26th, 2013, 6:08 am
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Whoa. The future of Star Wars just got good.

Hogsmeade Awards 2013: Voted #1 - Biggest Cat Lover | Voted #2 - Most Creative Member |
Voted #2 - Most Likely to Make a Doctor Who Reference

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION!
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:24 pm
Seventh Year

When this, "Will J.J. Abrams direct Star Wars: Episode VII?" rumor - not a rumor anymore - was going around a few weeks ago, I dismissed it, just as I dismissed the idea of Spielberg doing it, or Joss Whedon doing it, or even Brad Bird or Matthew Vaughn, because those all sounded like nerd wish fulfillment choices, dream director casting, fun to think about but they wouldn't actually happen. Disney/Lucasfilm would go for someone a rung below, someone who wasn't a name on the level of Whedon or Abrams. Okay, Vaughn or Bird I could have seen actually, but Abrams? Please. And here we are.

I can't say this makes me optimistic about the project, but at least they have someone onboard that I like - I've liked or loved every one of Abrams' movies so far, and I'm looking forward to Star Trek Into Darkness, I think that looks great.

Yes, Star Trek. Perhaps Abrams will be back as producer on the third film (there was a time when it looked like he might not direct the second, actually), but I'd be shocked if he came back to direct it. Surely Paramount will want to have Star Trek III in the pipeline at the same time Star Wars: Episode VII would be in post; there's no way Abrams can sufficiently divide his time between those two. I mean, dude does have half a dozen TV shows and a couple movies in the works at all times, but to balance Stars Wars AND Trek...well, this is going to be interesting to follow.

One person Abrams always brings with him is composer Michael Giacchino, and Giacchino has been the composer I've hoped to see come onboard this thing if John Williams doesn't come back.

Old February 6th, 2013, 11:20 pm
The Next Great Adventurer

Among the fen their seems to be much dismay about the possibility of character-based spin-offs with Han and Boba being mooted after the original rumours of Yoda died.

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/06/firs...and_boba_fett/

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Old February 15th, 2013, 5:01 am
The Next Great Adventurer

Lawrence Kasdan has confirmed that he will write one of the spin-offs.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...215-2egyk.html

A patriot is someone who wants the best for his country, including the best laws and the best ideals. It's something other people should call you -- you shouldn't call yourself that. People who call themselves patriots are usually liars. -- Donald Woods

You got what anybody gets . . . You got a lifetime. -- Death of the Endless
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion