Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters

Old June 20th, 2011, 3:35 pm
Registered Animagus

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/2011/06/20...tor-announced/

Quote:
Having successfully stolen the lightening in last year’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians, there’s been little movement on the Jackson front since.

Not that this has been particularly unexpected; although entertaining and likeable functional – it was directed by Christopher Columbus – it was no more entertaining or functional than the countless other Potter-lite adaptations that have flirted with cinema screens in the past few years, and none of them have made it to the difficult second movie. Until now, that is.

The LA Times are reporting that a sequel, based on Rick Riordan’s second book ”The Sea of Monsters” but likely taking elements from other books in the series is currently in the works, with Logan Lerman once again locked to star and Thor (well he was hardly going to find work as the God of Thunder, was he?) Freudenthal picking up the reins.

Centring on the mythical Golden Fleece, for which out heroes will be searching, The Sea of Monsters will return us to the first film’s world inhabited by demigods. Son of the Greek god Poseidon, Percy will embark on a new adventure in order to rescue a friend trapped at sea.

Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski are on script duty while Lerman worries about “the age question” and his steadily maturing fan base, the rumoured 2012 release date looming suddenly near.
Until recently when I saw the news popping up, I was worried whether we would get the sequel to Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. But it looks like it will happen.

It isn't sure whether Logan Lerman will return as the title character, but I hope he does, other wise the continuity factor would really diminish.

Old June 20th, 2011, 3:54 pm
First Year

Re: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (Rumored 2012)

As an avid fan of the series, I was really dissapointed in the movie. It was good, and enjoyable, but it was lacking key elements that would have pushed it on to have a sequel. Like with Clarisse? She was a really important part of The Sea of Monsters,and wasn't even in The Lightning Thief. I just don't know how they are going to be able to push this one, if it's true. I liked Logan Lerman though, so I honestly do hope he stays in the franchise

Last edited by RayeMonsturr; June 20th, 2011 at 3:55 pm. Reason: errors
Old June 20th, 2011, 7:42 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayeMonsturr View Post
As an avid fan of the series, I was really dissapointed in the movie. It was good, and enjoyable, but it was lacking key elements that would have pushed it on to have a sequel. Like with Clarisse? She was a really important part of The Sea of Monsters,and wasn't even in The Lightning Thief. I just don't know how they are going to be able to push this one, if it's true. I liked Logan Lerman though, so I honestly do hope he stays in the franchise
I agree, they left out many elements from the book. I was quite disappointed at this, I thought more characters could have been included. Also, "the age question". Are they going to be too old for future films?

"Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"

Proud Hufflepuff

Friend -- For the Greater Good
Old June 20th, 2011, 8:30 pm
BANNED... No really they are...

Quote:
My thoughts are the same. The movie was so disappointing, it didn't even capture a hint of the magic of the book, and I'm not even sure if the actors had any chemistry whatsoever to make me even care if they succeeded or not. It was such a mess! I was definitely okay with just having that one movie made, but this? I'm a huge fan of the series and I think I'm skipping out on this new film.

ALL HAIL THE PIXIE QUEEN TINKIE!!
Mave, RN.
Winner of Happiest Hoggie Award (2011).
Old June 23rd, 2011, 2:46 am
Third Year

Quote:
Very much this. As The Sea Of Monsters was my least favorite book, coupled with how badly the first movie was done...I am not excited.

CoS|Pottermore
ThestralStorm121 is two sides of a coin.
Old August 5th, 2011, 5:47 pm
First Year

If I see the first one as a book adaption I wasn't too excited after I finally watched the first one. There were just way too many changes from the books. If I completely forget the books the movie was really cool.

So I wasn't quite happy when I heard about a possible second movie because I just couldn't/can't imagine how they might add Kronos, Clarisse and all that to the second movie. But they probably just make it that Percy has to find Grover and on his journey he has many adventures.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 1:04 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (March 2013)

So they're doing a sequel and they HAVE a cast and they HAVE a Clarisse (a BLONDE Clarisse), and a Silena Beaureguade, and a Chris Rodriguez, but no Apollo, no Aphrodite and STILL NO ARES. What in the name of all that's profitable are they even trying to DO here? Oh, and Kevin McKidd isn't going to be back as Poseidon. What?! Why did they make a sequel. The first one didn't make any money and it wasn't written to admit of a sequel. Zounds!

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old December 31st, 2012, 5:20 am
Second Year

Re: Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters (March 2013)

I'd watch it. The first one really wasn't that bad.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion