Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

The Avengers

Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:18 pm
Second Year

Re: The Avengers

Only seen it the 4 times so far and tempted to make it for a 5th before the cinema run ends. Yes, it's a big-screen, big-budget, big-audience extravaganza and will be sneered upon by the intellectual snobs; but it does what it does better than anything that has preceded it.

Massive props to Joss Whedon for such a great job balancing all those co-stars and giving them all their moment to shine. A+ and a big thumbs up from me, roll on the sequel(s).

You're the weak one. And you'll never know love, or friendship. And I feel sorry for you.

I'm LightChaser4263 on Pottermore.
Feel free to add me as a friend, but please owl me first on CoS. Thanks!
Proud member of Gryffindor House in the Chamber of Secrets and on Pottermore.
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2012, 8:23 pm
First Year

Here's some fun Avengers Related News . . .

Ant-Man: The Movie Comes Closer To Reality!

For a long time now, it seemed almost improbable that Ant-Man:The Movie ( Not the official title ) was heading into production anytime soon, especially since director Edgar Wright had already announced principle photography would begin on “The World’s End”, his trilogy ending collaboration with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, sometime this September. Then he was set to follow that up immediately, with “The Night Stalker”, starring Johnny Depp. So many would be left thinking that any inkling of hope for an Ant-Man feature would be down the drain, and headed for development hell, as it were . .

Read more:
http://cinemaroll.com/animation/ant-...#ixzz1zv4hmPih

Old September 27th, 2012, 5:26 am
Curse Breaker

I love Joss, his talent, his passion, his desire (and usually his ability) to write women well, but listening to him discuss the logistical and personal nightmare that writing, directing, and editing The Avengers was, I'm amazed it got finished. I'd think he'd never want to repeat that experience again, ever, no matter how much he loved the cast (and he did seem to love his cast and his coworkers).

Side note, does anyone know who the grinning alien overlord in that final scene was?

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old September 27th, 2012, 1:56 pm
Member of the Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
Side note, does anyone know who the grinning alien overlord in that final scene was?
*nods*
Spoiler: show
His name is Thanos. A major league baddie that is literally a universal threat. When he was "younger" he met a personification of the abstract entity "Death," and fell hopelessly in love with...um..her. That's why when his Chitauri minion said; "To attack Earth would be to court death," he smiled.
As far as his level of power goes, it easily exceeds the Avengers (at least at that end point in the movie) But the "superpower" easily underestimated is his superhuman intellect and his sheer willpower. That he could and would treat Loki as a mere lackey might say something.
I suspect that the next sequels of Capt. America, Thor, Iron Man, and the Hulk, will introduce a couple of new characters (at least maybe in the end credit scenes). Because there were only two characters at the Avengers' level that could put Thanos in check; Warlock, who could think at Thanos' level; and Drax the Destroyer who was bio-engineered to kill Thanos.

Sorry...former comic-book geek I be.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion