Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion

Toy Story 3

Old September 13th, 2010, 10:05 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Re: Toy Story 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelowo93 View Post
I went to see this in 3D last week so pretty much everyone else had already seen it, but it meant that the screen was practically empty. I was a little confused at the beginning with the strange Day & Night thing but once I stopped being worried that I'd walked into the wrong screen I thought it was quite good and funny

Spoiler: show
This film really took you on a roller-coaster of an emotional journey. One minute the toys in the play school look all nice and friendly, then they're forcing Buzz & Co into the room where they get all messed up by the kids. I actually felt bad for Lotso during his back story but then he turned out to be evil. I genuinely thought that they were all going to die in the furnace (when they all hold hands is so sad ) but then the claw came and I was laughing so hard because I just knew it was the little green alien things (I'm really quite glad that they actually did something in this film instead of just being there) I love the ending when Andy is giving his toys to the little girl and then he picks up Woody and he looks as if he doesn't want to give him to her Oh, and Spanish Buzz - I'd heard that he gets reset in Spanish and didn't think it was that funny but they way it played out was hilarious Buzz/Jessie for the win!

I was definitely failing to hold back tears by the end and had a sudden urge to get home and play with all of my old toys that I still have. Even though it was obviously aimed at children, I think Disney/Pixar knew that a lot of the people watching it would be adults who had grown up watching the first two and that's why they used such a dark storyline.
Me too at first. But I ended up liking the how Night/Day cartoon as well . It was pretty creative.

Spoiler: show
I really liked Spanish Buzz too . He cracked me up and it was funny seeing how him and Jessie ended up becoming boyfriend and girlfriend at the end .

Same here. I think they did as well.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2012, 8:49 pm
Suteki da ne

OK, I know this is well old, and I know I finally saw it a wee while back, but I thought this film was beautiful

I was crying the first few minutes of the film, where they're showing like the home film of Andy when he was a kid, then the song just freezes...I burst into tears...

And it wasn't the only time, I cried at the end when Andy's showing the little'un exactly who the toys are, introducing them to a new person, it's just beautiful

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old June 8th, 2012, 9:11 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlubalybub View Post
OK, I know this is well old, and I know I finally saw it a wee while back, but I thought this film was beautiful

I was crying the first few minutes of the film, where they're showing like the home film of Andy when he was a kid, then the song just freezes...I burst into tears...

And it wasn't the only time, I cried at the end when Andy's showing the little'un exactly who the toys are, introducing them to a new person, it's just beautiful
Nah it's not old . It's a classic . Same. It was well made and a film worth watching.

I was crying during that part as well. So full of nostalgia. Practically grew up with this series ... so it was sad at times . Good memories though.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old June 8th, 2012, 9:28 pm
Suteki da ne

I meant that the thread was well old, not the film...sorry

Well, as I've said before in this thread, I watched the first Toy Story once, on my cousin's birthday (he's five years younger than me) not long after it came out on video, and we basically had a Disney cartoon binge, leaving me with the beginning of my cluster headaches...

I didn't watch it again because I thought that, because it was CG, it was Toy Story that gave me the headaches, until um, about 2008/9 when I found the first two on video in a charity shop, I didn't see it again. Then I watched the first two back to back, and was hooked. And it obviously wasn't the computer graphics giving me the headaches because I was fine when I spent the, what, five hours? watching them...

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > In Cinemas & General Movie discussion