Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

N C I S

Old May 17th, 2012, 2:37 am
The Dark Lord's Faithful Servant

Re: N C I S

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballblondie View Post
The finale...My thoughts in spoiler tags, so don't read if you haven't seen yet.

Spoiler: show
Looks Ryan's character may be gone. Good. I didn't like her. An explosion that leaves Tony & Ziva trapped in an elevator, Director & McGee somewhere in the building, Gibbs & Abby in the lab, and oh no. Not Ducky. I cannot wait til September. Any idea as to when the actors will finish signing their contracts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
I didn't get to see all of it, but it looks like it was good.

It was sad to see what happened to poor Ducky . It looks as if he'd had a heart attack and died.

Me neither, it was a pretty good finale.

Nope, but it looks as if David Mccallum was getting ready to leave the show from the looks of things.

Also, is it just me or did Ziva mention to Tony about getting eloped? I could be wrong on that one... but it did make me grin a little bit there .
Regarding actors renewing contracts:

David McCallum signed another 2-year extension at the end of last month. Mark Harmon & Cote de Pablo renewed theirs last year. Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, and Sean Murray are still in negotiations, as far as I know.

Old May 18th, 2012, 8:10 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pox Voldius View Post
Regarding actors renewing contracts:

David McCallum signed another 2-year extension at the end of last month. Mark Harmon & Cote de Pablo renewed theirs last year. Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, and Sean Murray are still in negotiations, as far as I know.
Pox, that is great news.

So I guess they must find him on the beach after he's had his heart attack then . I wonder how it'll affect the team as a whole though... Hiopefully the rest of the actors will renew theirs as well.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; May 18th, 2012 at 8:14 pm.
Old May 19th, 2012, 3:52 am
Curse Breaker

They pulled something like what they did with Ducky in the...fourth season of West Wing with Leo McGarry. The character had a heart attack alone in the woods, but was found and revived. Very sad because the actor later died of a heart attack.

I think this drives a wedge between Gibbs and Ryan. She was better than Mallison Hart but I don't like her as a long-term match for Gibbs.

Tony and Ziva debate the merits of eloping instead of having a ceremony that'll just get interrupted by junk like this plot.

I was surprised to see the ghoul have heroic tendencies.

Frankly, the character I'm most worried about is Jimmy. He's in the building, but no one knows where he is. I have respect for the Toothpick but if he joins Jen in that great bureaucracy in the sky--I can't say I'd be very upset.

This was actually a pretty good season finale, but the cliffhanger was a gut-punch. It reminded me of the Season 8 finale of JAG where they had a great adventure sequence and then a plne crash with Harm and Mac as a cliffhanger. It was a gut-punch, but it wasn't so much the cliffhanger as the "burn the house down" Season 9 premiere that really did them in. However, JAG and NCIS had a habit of doing that sort of thing. On JAG, the examples included Adrift (where Harm crashes into the ocean racing a storm to get back for Mac's wedding to Brumby); the Al Quaeda nuke plot (where after everything has been foiled by something right out of a Clancy novel) Bud Roberts gets his leg blown off trying to navigate a mine-strewn ridge to rescue a little boy in Afghanistan; and the South American spy thriller that ended with the plane crash in the jungle that I already mentioned.

NCIS examples include Jen Shepherd's death, the conclusion of the La Grenouille saga, Gibbs quitting, retaliation from the Mexican drug lord's family, etc.

No worries. No spoilers here.

Last edited by jordmundt6; May 21st, 2012 at 9:27 pm.
Old May 21st, 2012, 1:39 am
Third Year

Quote:
I was surprised to see the ghoul have heroic tendencies.
Which one are you referring to as the ghoul? Maybe I missed something...

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old May 21st, 2012, 2:13 am
Curse Breaker

The profiteering jerk who was swiping security tech for profit, the villain from the season premiere that they caught and then gave limited release to catch Vengeful Toby Ziegler. That guy. He was once an ordinance expert, so Jethro took the cuffs off and he actually tried to dismantle the bomb. Even after it was pretty clear that he wouldn't succeed, he let Gibbs run to save Abby and stayed there still trying to disarm it (and got blown to bits). That was pretty astonishing from him.

Old May 21st, 2012, 3:05 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmundt6 View Post
The profiteering jerk who was swiping security tech for profit, the villain from the season premiere that they caught and then gave limited release to catch Vengeful Toby Ziegler. That guy. He was once an ordinance expert, so Jethro took the cuffs off and he actually tried to dismantle the bomb. Even after it was pretty clear that he wouldn't succeed, he let Gibbs run to save Abby and stayed there still trying to disarm it (and got blown to bits). That was pretty astonishing from him.
Ahh Scott Wolfe's character. Though I still see him as Bailey from Party of Five.

Yeah ghoul is a pretty good description of him.

Old June 1st, 2012, 6:42 am
Second Year

Quote:
Even after it was pretty clear that he wouldn't succeed, he let Gibbs run to save Abby and stayed there still trying to disarm it (and got blown to bits). That was pretty astonishing from him.
Ah, but did he??? Or, when he saw that he wouldn't be able to disarm it, did he use that as a chance to make his escape???

For the record, I do think he died, but I could see the plot going in the other direction. I hope none of the other characters did, though. I like them all, even Jimmy. And it's nice that Tim has matured a little and is no longer the one making all of the awkward comments.

Old June 1st, 2012, 2:55 pm
Sixth Year

Was Palmer there? I must have missed that part. He moved the wedding up so he could go back, but I guess I just couldn't see Ducky strolling down the beach while Jimmy gave up his honeymoon. I just assumed they would both head back together.

"UNTIL THE VERY END"
-- JK Rowling to Harry Potter fans at the beginning of Deathly Hallows, and James Potter to his son at the end of Deathly Hallows.
Old June 1st, 2012, 7:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMotherCrow View Post
Was Palmer there? I must have missed that part. He moved the wedding up so he could go back, but I guess I just couldn't see Ducky strolling down the beach while Jimmy gave up his honeymoon. I just assumed they would both head back together.
I think Palmer was still at the beach, don't think he went back yet. So I figure that he'll be the one to find Ducky on the beach.

Just read something sad in Tv Guide, it was an interview with one of the shows producers (iirc), and it sounds as if Ducky is gone for good , and that David Mccallum will be playing a different character from now on... Wonder who it'll be? Hopefully not someone evil...

Thoughts?

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; June 6th, 2012 at 10:36 pm.
Old June 12th, 2012, 1:05 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Just read something sad in Tv Guide, it was an interview with one of the shows producers (iirc), and it sounds as if Ducky is gone for good , and that David Mccallum will be playing a different character from now on... Wonder who it'll be? Hopefully not someone evil...

Thoughts?
Ummm,

That sounds like some plot from a daytime soap opera!

It does seem like Ducky should retire (if he isn't dead) after all this. The show seemed to be moving in that direction, and even had him do out his will. If Ducky is dead maybe he'll do cameo's like the dead Mike Franks.

After blowing up the NCIS building and putting the entire cast in jeopardy, I think they will need to have some sort of effect happen from it. Of course, someone might not renew their contract.

"UNTIL THE VERY END"
-- JK Rowling to Harry Potter fans at the beginning of Deathly Hallows, and James Potter to his son at the end of Deathly Hallows.
Old June 12th, 2012, 1:56 am
Curse Breaker

He's signed on for another full season, I don't think he'll be Ghost Ducky for a full season. That's just annoying/insulting/soapy.

Old June 12th, 2012, 9:12 pm
Third Year

I'd read an article with with one of the producers where it said that this brush will death will cause him to re-evaluate his own mortality.

Old June 14th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Quote:
I'd read an article with with one of the producers where it said that this brush will death will cause him to re-evaluate his own mortality.
Hmm, interesting. I wonder if he'll quite working as part of NCIS, but still help out Gibbs in some capacity...

Old June 18th, 2012, 3:23 pm
Curse Breaker

Perhaps he won't quit, but he might slow down--he might more actively groom Jimmy to succeed him (if Jimmy survived).

Old June 18th, 2012, 9:59 pm

Quote:
Perhaps he won't quit, but he might slow down--he might more actively groom Jimmy to succeed him (if Jimmy survived).
Good point. That would make a lot of sense. Jimmy would be better prepared to take over the job if he had to.

Old June 20th, 2012, 2:25 am
Third Year

Saw on Google + (I follow NCIS) that Jimmy is becoming an official regular.

September's too far away.

Old June 20th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Quote:
Saw on Google + (I follow NCIS) that Jimmy is becoming an official regular.

September's too far away.
Great news !! He'll fit in just fine .

Yea it is . It can't come soon enough.

Old June 29th, 2012, 1:59 pm
First Year

A newcomer to this thread, and to N.C.I.S....I have been catching up with all the other Series on DVD and now I have weakened and looked at the 'Spoilers' here

You all are great, thank you, and I am waiting for September!!

Old July 5th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLottie View Post
A newcomer to this thread, and to N.C.I.S....I have been catching up with all the other Series on DVD and now I have weakened and looked at the 'Spoilers' here

You all are great, thank you, and I am waiting for September!!
LittleLottie! Awesome, do you have a favorite episode?

Yea it can't come soon enough ... must see new episodes now ...

Old July 7th, 2012, 1:08 am
Third Year

I bought season 5 yesterday. I now own seasons 1-6.

It's funny but when I really need to crochet, I can get more done watching Stargate episodes than NCIS episodes. Just shows that even though I've seen seasons 1-6 multiple times, I love the show. And I got my mom hooked on it too!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television