Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

N C I S

Old October 31st, 2008, 5:43 pm
Sixth Year

Re: N C I S

Quote:
originally posted by dumbleedore
Spoiler: show
It was quite a fun episode... and for once I didn't know who the baddie was... when they stormed the studio, I was convinced it was the chick and that she was so fixated on Gibbs cause he did something to her in the past and she wanted to get him back for it.
Yeah, that was one of the problems I had with this episode. I mean, I understand that Doyle could've fixated on Gibbs because Rose was flirting with him, but he had put way too much prior thought into all of this. It didn't make sense to me for him to fixate on Gibbs because he did not really know anything about him.

When that telephone call was made, I started running a mental list of people from Gibbs past. It doesn't make sense for someone that Gibbs did not even know to be this obsessed with him.

Oh well. I still had a lot of fun with this episode. This is just something I thought of later.

Still, can't wait for Agent Lee to return in the next episode.

Now, let's all mourn that the elections are on Tuesday and hence, no NCIS this week.

Let it get me down
'Cuz you're the part of me that
Makes me better wherever I go
So I will try not to cry
And no one needs to say good-bye
Farewell CosForums
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2008, 1:23 am
Registered Animagus

No NCIS? *cries* No Family Guy last week, no NCIS this week... ah well, probably a good thing considering it's still 17 days til the end of my billing cycle for my internet and I'm almost at my limit

I've been watching some season 4 episode lately when I've been bored and it's had me thinking about Tony and Jeanne. When I was watching season 4 I was a fan of the show, but I hadn't reached the stage of reading spoilers and online discussion. In fact, the only thing I'd look at online about NCIS was a Michael Weatherly fan site and I just drooled over the pictures (I've always told my husband that if MW shows up on the doorstep, he'd better just accept defeat and head out the back way ). But what I noticed and remembered was that I somehow knew all along that Jeanne was La Grenouille's daughter. It was never mentioned until the season finale, but somehow I knew and I knew that he was undercover with her. So am I just missing something on my rewatch that gave it away to me first time, or did I somehow just have a sixth sense???

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend
let's act like it comes naturally

Old November 1st, 2008, 2:09 am
She Who Walks Behind

Ack the German NCIS broadcasting always confuses me. They show it twice a week, once on Thursday and then on Sunday. On Sunday the new episodes and on Thursday are they repeating old ones. So you watch Ziva running around and a few days later Kate is alive again. I even don't know what episode and which season I am watching.

Season 5 just ended here. But still no idea what episodes I saw. Should watch it all in the right order again.

The End of the Dream.
Old November 1st, 2008, 2:13 am
Registered Animagus

I found that with the Australian schedule- I never knew where they were up to and I actually missed most of season 5. But I caught up

They've started putting NCIS on again on Sunday nights here, after Rove and it flipped me out to see Kate... it gets too confusing after a while!!!

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 2nd, 2008, 8:04 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaselqueen View Post
Yeah, that was one of the problems I had with this episode. I mean, I understand that Doyle could've fixated on Gibbs because Rose was flirting with him, but he had put way too much prior thought into all of this. It didn't make sense to me for him to fixate on Gibbs because he did not really know anything about him.

When that telephone call was made, I started running a mental list of people from Gibbs past. It doesn't make sense for someone that Gibbs did not even know to be this obsessed with him.

Oh well. I still had a lot of fun with this episode. This is just something I thought of later.

Still, can't wait for Agent Lee to return in the next episode.

Now, let's all mourn that the elections are on Tuesday and hence, no NCIS this week.
Oh man...

Dang election... at least I'll have CSI to tide me over, but still ... I'll be missing my weekly NCIS fix .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:19 pm
Registered Animagus

At least it's only a one week break... I'd go insane if it was longer- I need my Tony fix!!!

*runs off to watch DVD*

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 3rd, 2008, 5:36 am
Sixth Year

Oh, I'm getting my Tony fix. Like a good NCIS fan, I've been converting my roommate to NCIS fanaticism...starting with Season 1. (BTW, talk about plot holes!!) Anyways, I'm totally getting my Tony love.

And I'm realizing how many of the jokes I miss! Like the coffee jokes, and the Gibbs driving jokes, and the Gibbs' eyesight jokes. The show is very different now, and it's something that is just dawning on me.

I'm in the middle of season 2, and everytime I watch the credits, it weirds me out to see Kate. I miss her, but I think the show is even better now. Seeing Kate again makes me realize how much the show has grown and developed over the past 4 years (has it been that long??).

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old November 4th, 2008, 3:27 am
Registered Animagus

Quote:
Oh, I'm getting my Tony fix. Like a good NCIS fan, I've been converting my roommate to NCIS fanaticism...starting with Season 1. (BTW, talk about plot holes!!) Anyways, I'm totally getting my Tony love.

And I'm realizing how many of the jokes I miss! Like the coffee jokes, and the Gibbs driving jokes, and the Gibbs' eyesight jokes. The show is very different now, and it's something that is just dawning on me.

I'm in the middle of season 2, and everytime I watch the credits, it weirds me out to see Kate. I miss her, but I think the show is even better now. Seeing Kate again makes me realize how much the show has grown and developed over the past 4 years (has it been that long??).
I agree with the plot holes in the earlier seasons. It seems that it was only after season 3 that they thought of having consistent back-stories for the characters. I have to say, I like back-stories. I like knowing where characters come from and what motivates them. I like knowing that Gibbs became an NCIS agent because of Shannon and Kelly being murdered.

I would like to see some form of flashbacks that show Tony and Abby being hired. They could easily do a Tony episode like that- have a guy escape from prison and it turns out that he's the guy that Tony caught that was related to a case that Gibbs was working and that's how Tony and Gibbs met and after the case, Gibbs did what he did with Kate and just told him that he would be starting on the Monday.

Abby's full back story would be good too- growing up in a household of deaf people. And I'd like if if they explored her relationship with her little brother- she's always referring to them!!!

I'd like to know what drew McGee to NCIS. With his skills and brain, you would've thought he would've gone for FBI or CIA, not Navy especially when he gets so sea sick!!!

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 4th, 2008, 5:47 pm
Sixth Year

^I agree, backstory on Tony and Abby would be awesome!! I would love to know how Tony ended up at NCIS. All we know is that he never stayed at one place for more then 2 years until he got to NCIS. And he says he got on the team for "smiling" But I'd like to know more.

And I agree, I'd love to see more backstory on Abby as well. We know she got into forensics because she lived near a junk yard in her childhood, but still, there's always more to explore!

And as to McGee, I just watched an episode last night that I'd totally forgotten about. It was in season 2, and in it, McGee bonded with a murder witness who also went to MIT. She asked him that very question: Why did someone with multiple degrees and an MIT grad become a federal agent? And his answer was that he always knew he'd get into law enforcement someday and it was all he ever wanted. Still, it'd be nice to know more.

None of the fans probably remember that anyways. I sure didn't! I actually didn't remember half of this post until I rewatched seasons 1 and 2.

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:07 pm
Registered Animagus

I do remember that episode!!! I like the ending of it, how Tony and Kate are talking about writing reports and he's writing a letter to her parents and how they don't say anything, just let him do it. Despite how horrible they are too him sometimes, when it comes down to it they do care. Like Abby says- they tease cause they care.

It's good to go back and watch the old episodes and see how far the show has come. One thing I've noticed is that Tony's jibes and his manner have become sort-of mean and arrogant over the last season and a half. He's still funny and a great character, but he seems to be so much different to the first three seasons... I don't know, maybe it's just me lol... but I still love him...

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 5th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbleedore View Post
I do remember that episode!!! I like the ending of it, how Tony and Kate are talking about writing reports and he's writing a letter to her parents and how they don't say anything, just let him do it. Despite how horrible they are too him sometimes, when it comes down to it they do care. Like Abby says- they tease cause they care.

It's good to go back and watch the old episodes and see how far the show has come. One thing I've noticed is that Tony's jibes and his manner have become sort-of mean and arrogant over the last season and a half. He's still funny and a great character, but he seems to be so much different to the first three seasons... I don't know, maybe it's just me lol... but I still love him...
Yea it is... I've been watching the reruns on USA and it is pretty neat to see how far they all have come.

I've noticed that as well... maybe a different writer is writing his character... That could explain the differences somewhat...

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:24 pm
Registered Animagus

I actually think it's more Michael Weatherly than the writer- the lines seem to be the same, just the way they're presented is different...

Anyway, I have new major spoilers!!!

When will the NCIS storyline in which Special Agent Michelle Lee got that ominous phone call be resolved? — Claudia
Matt: Good question, great timing. That juicy story will be picked up on Nov. 11, when Liza Lapira resurfaces for several episodes as Michelle Lee, who, if flashbacks are to be believed, is secretly a killer.

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:26 pm
Sixth Year

I have noticed that about Tony as well. He's still one of my favorites, and I love him dearly, but I have noticed a certain mean streak that didn't use to be there. I'm wondering if it is part of his development since the Jeanne fiasco and then the director's death, which he blames himself for. I don't know when this really started, so it's hard to say.

Still, I'm looking forward to next week and finally bringing Agent Lee back!

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old November 6th, 2008, 8:57 pm
Registered Animagus

Hmm, never connected it with the directors death... could also be from being stuck on a ship for so long...

Yes, next week will be awesome... so excited!!!

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 7th, 2008, 5:40 pm
Sixth Year

Oh whoa, I totally missed your post about the spoilers.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to that. Bring it on, Agent Lee.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I changed my sig so we can all get our Tony fix during this week when we have no new episode.

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old November 7th, 2008, 7:20 pm

Quote:
Oh whoa, I totally missed your post about the spoilers.

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to that. Bring it on, Agent Lee.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, I changed my sig so we can all get our Tony fix during this week when we have no new episode.
Me too . Can't wait to see her back on the show.

Yea, thanks... and tonight there's a special episode on, most likely a rerun though... but meh, it's better than no NCIS at all .

Old November 7th, 2008, 11:26 pm
Registered Animagus

To make up for the no NCIS, I got my hands on two episodes from JAG, season 8... yes, I got the original NCIS pilot.

Not sure if you guys have seen it or not, but it's actually a pretty good set up for the show. There were a few things that changed from the JAG episodes to the actual series, such as...

- Vivian Blackadder was the orginal Kate/Ziva
- There was a black guy on the team who looks a lot like Gerald, Ducky's assistant, but he wasn't featured too much
- The entire NCIS building had a refit, including changing of the position of MTAC
- The squad room seemed a lot busier and looked the same, with the exception of the doors and windows and stairs to MTAC
- Abby's lab was big enough that she had guys in testing balistics
- Autopsy didn't appear to have body storage
- Gibbs stated that he had been an NCIS agent for 19 years... without having any dates to go off, from what we know from later episodes this cannot be true, but I don't think they'd thought of it.
- Tony talked a lot about his cop days, leaning me to believe that this was meant to happen not long after he joined NCIS. Now, from season 1 we know he had been there for two years, so not sure of the how long from these episodes the show started and whether or not it was feasable
- Ducky was a bit too interested in pursing Vivian Blackadder, more interested than Ducky normally is anyway
- The truck and costumes for crime scenes were totally different

I think that was all I noticed... it was fascinating to watch it...

And I have new spoilers!!!

A TOP SECRET WARGAME LEADS TO VERY REAL CONSEQUENCES FOR ONE TEAM MEMBER, ON "NCIS," TUESDAY, NOV. 18

"Cloak" - A shocking revelation comes to light after the team is forced into playing a dangerous war game, on NCIS, Tuesday, Nov. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs.................. Mark Harmon
NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo............. Michael Weatherly
Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard................................ David McCallum
Abby Sciuto............................. Pauley Perrette
NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee......................... Sean Murray
Ziva David, Mossad Liaison....... Cote de Pablo
NCIS Director Leon Vance ...... Rocky Carroll

RECURRING CAST:
Jimmy Palmer.............................. Brian Dietzen

GUEST CAST:
NCIS Special Agent Michelle Lee ................................ Liza Lapira
Secretary of the Navy Phillip Davenport .................. Jude Ciccolella
Naval Secretary Robert Deckard..................... Rich McDonald
Didi.............................................. ................... Julian Berlin

DIRECTED BY: James Whitmore Jr.
WRITTEN BY: Jesse Stern

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 9th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Sixth Year

Oh, do you know what the name of that episode was? I would love to be able to watch that!

And as to the spoilers:

Very real consequences for a team member? What does it mean??

I can't wait!!

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Old November 10th, 2008, 4:50 am
Registered Animagus

With JAG it was episodes 8.20 and 8.21, Ice Queen and Meltdown.

Hopefully it doesn't mean anyone is dying... I think it might mean that Lee gets found out...

in our family portrait
we look pretty happy
let's play pretend

Old November 10th, 2008, 5:34 pm
Sixth Year

Thank you! I will look those up for certain. I've always wanted to see the JAG episodes.

I agree, I don't think anyone is dying. I'm just scared of what consequences means. It could be like you said, and Agent Lee gets found out, but somehow I think they're going to drag that out a little farther, just to mess with us. It could mean someone gets injured somehow. Or something... so many possibilities.

Let it get me down
So I will try not to cry
Farewell CosForums
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television