Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The Walking Dead

Old October 31st, 2011, 6:45 pm
Queen of Apathy

Re: The Walking Dead

Last night's episode was really good. I found it better then the previous.

Spoiler: show
As soon as Otis didn't make it back, I knew Shane killed him. In a sense you can see the action in shades of grey. Shane murdered someone but saved Carl's life in the process. The show is definitely becoming darker.

I am guessing as time goes on we will see many of the characters wrestle with their humanity.

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2011, 12:17 am
Representative Homosexual

I agree about last night's episode. The first two episodes of the season bored me to death, but with last night's show, I felt it made even those slow episodes more relevant to the series and I'm starting to enjoy it again.

Old November 1st, 2011, 2:17 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I was not bored at all with the first two episodes; I found them very suspenseful. But last nights was even better! I loved the way the beginning and ending were cut, with Ricks voice telling the story of Shane stealing the principals car over the images of them barely ahead of a pack of zombies! And the ending! Shane shaving his hair interspersed with the flashes of leaving Otis for bait and then the final shot of his eyes in the mirror, taking on a whole new meaning for us than it did at the top of the show. Fantastic.

Old November 1st, 2011, 8:50 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysme View Post
Last night's episode was really good. I found it better then the previous.

As soon as Otis didn't make it back, I knew Shane killed him. In a sense you can see the action in shades of grey. Shane murdered someone but saved Carl's life in the process. The show is definitely becoming darker.

I am guessing as time goes on we will see many of the characters wrestle with their humanity.
Yea it was a good episode.

Definitely didn't see it coming either.

Thought something was up with Shane though... and it was kind of sad seeing him do that.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old November 2nd, 2011, 2:04 am

For me, Shane just became interesting with this weeks episode. I didn't really care for him much before that. Now, it's not that I like him, but I do think his character will be interesting now--what will he do next?

One thing I am getting tired of--the search for the girl. In real life, of course they'd still search, but for a television show, they need to move that story along.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 2:36 pm
Seventh Year

I was shocked Shane left Otis for bait. It's as if he decided that the child's life had more merit than Otis', because of that one huge mistake (otherwise, he could have perhaps chosen to sacrifice himself.) And maybe it's just me, but I don't like the fact that Otis was overweight. Too often overweight people seem to be seen as expendable, and less deserving in general.

I loved Rick's explanation that Carl should be given the chance to live "because he saw the deer." Like Lori, I would have been worrying about the future, and how the world could be overrun with walkers and how the focus would be on basic survival and facing your own death and perhaps the deaths of many others, but Rick reminded her that we can't live in the future or say with certainty what's going to happen. All we have is RIGHT NOW. When Carl was looking at the deer, he was completely in the moment, and that moment is what makes life worth living. Now is all we have.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?
And I will say, “Always.
- source unknown
Old November 2nd, 2011, 4:52 pm
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
For me, Shane just became interesting with this weeks episode. I didn't really care for him much before that. Now, it's not that I like him, but I do think his character will be interesting now--what will he do next?

One thing I am getting tired of--the search for the girl. In real life, of course they'd still search, but for a television show, they need to move that story along.

This is a theory I've been playing over in my head. I think Sophia is with Merle. We are supposed to see him again this season. If she isn't with Merle, then I think she is definitely with somebody. I can't imagine a 12 year old surviving this long on their own.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 7:10 pm
Registered Animagus

Which one is Merle? The brother who cut his hand off? I think that is a good idea to have the girl with other characters. It would be a good way to bring some new characters into the show which i think they need to do.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 7:20 pm
Queen of Apathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Which one is Merle? The brother who cut his hand off? I think that is a good idea to have the girl with other characters. It would be a good way to bring some new characters into the show which i think they need to do.
Yep, Merle is Darrel's brother. Michael Rooker is a great actor and would make a great villain.

Also....
Is anyone else interested in what's inside the well on the next episode? It's a walker but it looks so bloated and deformed. A bit creepy.

Old November 3rd, 2011, 1:59 am

^I agree that Sophia has to be with some other survivors. My question was are these survivors going to treat her well and help our regulars, or are they going to be hostile? I was thinking hostile. I never thought of Merle but that would be cool. He is crazy and still wants revenge so I can't wait to see him again.

As far as what's down the well . . . I thought it was a walker who was bloated from being stuck in water all this time, you know, like a corpse would be. Disgusting, but that was my first thought. What do you guys think it is?

ETA
Also, why on Earth are they dangling Glenn down that well??? Just shoot an arrow down there and then fish the walker out!

Last edited by freelantzer; November 3rd, 2011 at 2:02 am.
Old November 7th, 2011, 3:54 pm
Queen of Apathy

I thought last nights episode was more of a filler episode. Still enjoyed it overall.

My favorite parts of the episode were with Darryl. His character has really grown for me. I really liked when he gave Carol the Cherokee rose. I also loved the suspense at the abandoned farmhouse. Someone was there recently and my guess is Merle. From the preview for next week we see that he returns.

As for Lori's pregnancy, not a surprise at all. It's the same in the books. I will be interested to see how the show handles it.

Old November 8th, 2011, 12:32 am

I agree about last nights episode. Filler, but hopefully things that were set up here will pay off in future episodes.

Old November 8th, 2011, 1:11 am
Registered Animagus

A lot of things are happening and when the old guy who owns the farm finds out he will not be amused i think.

Old November 8th, 2011, 3:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
A lot of things are happening and when the old guy who owns the farm finds out he will not be amused i think.
I have been suspicious of those farm folk all along, and last night I felt like the show hinted at their sinister side. I haven't read the books (though I've read in interviews that they're not always following the books), so I don't know what those farm folk are like there, but from the show I get a bad feeling about them. Why no guns? What are the rules they have to follow? How do they still have sandwiches?

Old November 8th, 2011, 3:39 am
Registered Animagus

I agree. The farm folk got a bit creepier this episode and i think that things will go quickly south once they realize any of the things that have been going on with what happened to Otis or with the daughter and the Korean guy. It seems a little cultish.

Old November 11th, 2011, 4:10 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelantzer View Post
I have been suspicious of those farm folk all along, and last night I felt like the show hinted at their sinister side. I haven't read the books (though I've read in interviews that they're not always following the books), so I don't know what those farm folk are like there, but from the show I get a bad feeling about them. Why no guns? What are the rules they have to follow? How do they still have sandwiches?
I haven't been, but after the most recent episode... now I'm wondering about them... especially with the whole having a walker in their well thing ...

That really makes me wonder if they're trying to poison others and turn them into walkers themselves...

I've grown to really like Darryl over the last few episodes. I especially liked the part when he gave Carol the Cherokee Rose. It shows that he really cares about what happens to her daughter.

I hope that they can find her safe and sound.

Lori's pregnancy caught me off guard a little bit. Hopefully they'll handle it well.

Looking forward to this week's episode.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old November 11th, 2011, 8:32 pm
Queen of Apathy

I agree Fawkes.

Here's a preview for Sunday's coming episode. I can't wait.

Old November 12th, 2011, 12:31 am

Gah! I can't watch the preview because the tech guys messed up the sound on my laptop.

Fawkes--I was wondering why they didn't just board it up in the first place. I mean, they just got done saying they have FIVE wells. And who in their right mind would ever risk drinking that water after a walker had been down there for who knows how long.

I wasn't surprised by the pregnancy thing. Just wonder how it'll all play out. And I'm still wondering what the CDC guy whispered to Rick. I don't think it was about the pregnancy; at least I'm hoping it wasnt. It seemed to have bigger implications when Rick mentioned it to Morgan over the radio in the first ep of season two . . .

Old November 12th, 2011, 1:15 am
Second Year

Having just watched the fourth episode this morning, I thought I'd go ahead and post my thoughts.

I didn't really think that the farm folk seemed that sinister. They sure are odd, not having guns for protection and not noticing a walker in their well. I mean, the girl said herself they use that well for watering the livestock. Surely they'd notice if a walker was down there, as they aren't exactly the most quiet and discreet creatures around.

(I'm putting this in spoiler tags just in case) What if that walker was one of their own originally, that got bit or something, and they just threw him in the well? It's just really odd to me.

Still, I loved the episode, and can't help but notice all of the themes in the series so far. Can't wait for the new episode!

July 15th!

Siggie by me, pic used with permission from tiffany
Old November 12th, 2011, 1:41 pm
Zonko's Employee

Okay, so just watched the first season of the Walking Dead. Other than having zombie nightmares I thought the show was quite good. I think the casting department did a great job. I feel like things were really rushed but I am positive that was because it was such a short season. It really freaks me out that Merle is still running around with his stump (although I did see it coming) and Shane still manages to come off as a jerk even though they try to portray him as somewhat sympathetic. My favorite episode is when they go back to get Merle off the roof. The comedy was really effective. When Daryl put the hand in Glenn's backpack I thought his expression was priceless, the pizza delivery boy line hilarious, and the little grandmother blowing the "gangmembers" bluff was too funny. Rick, Daryl, and Glenn are my favorite characters thus far.