Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Castle

Old March 30th, 2010, 10:48 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Castle

LOVED the wrap up last night!! Yes, Jord, it was the complete and total TV show package. Everything was spot on and wonderful...well almost everything. The ending was a smidge predictable, I thought that Castle would shoot and possibly kill the guy after the guy got a shot off at Beckett in the shoulder or leg or something and not just shoot the gun out of his hand.
But the way Beckett took control over it all at the end was so great! And then Castle telling her that she has a place to stay and the Captain ordering her to stay there! And wasn't she wearing one of his shirts?! Making breakfast like he did for her! They really are special together.
Beckett did get over the scratches from the blast in her apartment pretty quick. It's funny when they forget stuff like that. But that was a good one of her jumping into the bathtub and Castle coming up to her so happy that she's alive and then.."Oh, and you're naked" But he just looked respectfully curious. He wasn't ogling at all. Good man.

Yeah, I was slightly disappointed that they're going back to goofiness too. It seems like it would fit better in a Halloween special or something. Not in the middle of the season. But it may not be so bad. It's just after all the great writing and real mystery of these past 2 episodes, it's almost a shame to go back to something silly. But I guess we can't have it great all the time. Regardless though, it'll still be the best relationship on tv!

Old March 30th, 2010, 11:00 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Dang it!! I missed it last night...

My mom HAD to see Diners, Drive-ins and Dives ... and it was on at the same time as Castle was...

Stupid networks .

Guess I'll have to catch it on Hulu when I get the chance to...

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old March 30th, 2010, 11:19 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Castle has been picked up for next season. Woohoo!

Old March 30th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
Castle has been picked up for next season. Woohoo!
Yea I heard about it over on Haven. It's awesome that they did that. It truly deserved it. I look forward to watching the new season as well -- since they've done a good job on the show so far .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old March 31st, 2010, 4:02 am
Curse Breaker

Yes, that's truly good news. Ginny, I'm not quite sure about "the best relationship on TV" but it would definitely be a contender. It's too bad Marlowe's scared about a relationship crashing the show, these last two episodes are some of the best work they've done and it felt like they took some small steps toward a relationship.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Old March 31st, 2010, 6:20 am
Student

I'm so glad Castle got renewed for Season 3. Now we have even more Castle to look forward too!

Old March 31st, 2010, 6:55 pm
Sixth Year

YAY!! My favorite show is coming back and with a full 22 episodes!!
When I mean best relationship, it's the best for me because it's simple and straight forward. They like each other but they're not willing to let it get in the way of their friendship or their 'professional' relationship, yet. They're not committed to each other romantically so that makes dating others okay, but not preferable, if it even happens. To me, they're teetering on what could and should be but neither willing to cross that line and so they wait, hoping. And it's not based on sleeping with each other, but their respect for one another. I can't stand shows that have the characters sleep around, just to see them sleep together, and then have them move on to someone else.
But with so many other drama based relationships on tv, this one is fun and fresh and simple enough.
And yeah, these last 2 episodes are getting them in the right direction. But I'm content to see them the way they are for now.
What other contenders do you think are worthy, Jord?

Old March 31st, 2010, 11:57 pm
Curse Breaker

Well, I tend to break it down by category. Best cop partnership is probably Mary Shannon and Marshall Mann (Castle exempt because he doesn't actually carry a badge). Moira Kirland gives me hope for the future on Castle because she was instrumental in writing for several seasons the best marital relationship on television (Allison and Joe DuBois on Medium). As for the other contenders--there aren't many (for instance Castle does this better than Bones does) but there are a couple. I'll have to give it some more thought before I give you a top 5, but Castle and Beckett are definitely in it.

Old April 6th, 2010, 4:32 pm
Student

I loved last night's episode. I thought there were a ton of great little moments throughout the show.

Old April 6th, 2010, 4:39 pm
Sixth Year

It wasn't nearly as silly as I thought it would be. It was another solid episode. The three of them messing with Castle and the curse was hilarious! But once again, it was predictable. Once Stanford starting going on and on about the girl that died, it was obvious. But I want to know what Castle had to do to break the curse! That's so not fair that they didn't show it! Maybe there's a deleted scene online somewhere....

But the show's getting more and more recognizable stars on there! Of course when the financier came out, I though how fitting it was that he's involved with mummy's again! And then the Mayan guy has been in all sorts of things, only he's Indian. Don't know their real names though.

Old April 6th, 2010, 5:52 pm

Oh dang it... I missed it again... . Good to hear that it was a good episode though.

Old April 6th, 2010, 10:35 pm
Registered Animagus

Loved the incident with the expresso machine. Beckett really is the type for practical jokes, so it made the scene even more precious.

Old April 7th, 2010, 4:19 am
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginny1976 View Post
It wasn't nearly as silly as I thought it would be. It was another solid episode. The three of them messing with Castle and the curse was hilarious! But once again, it was predictable. Once Stanford starting going on and on about the girl that died, it was obvious. But I want to know what Castle had to do to break the curse! That's so not fair that they didn't show it! Maybe there's a deleted scene online somewhere....
I figured out who did it in the first five minutes but I like it when I guess right so it's all good I guess. I was hoping that we would get to see Castle break the curse too but ah well. I loved last night's episode and next week looks interesting too.

Old April 8th, 2010, 2:49 pm
Curse Breaker

Well, it was silly but it was also fun. Looking forward to next week with liberal amounts of silliness and fun apparent. Does anyone know who convinced Kelly Carlson to go brunette. I'd like to track them down and break their jaws so they won't be able to articulate any more stupid ideas for at least a month.

Old April 11th, 2010, 12:20 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

Finally watched the mummy episode. It was a fun ep. I thought it was sweet when Castle asked Beckett to look out for Alexis if anything happened to him; when she agreed, she had a hint of a smile on her face like she was touched that he asked her to do something so obviously important and meaningful to him. Then he deflated the whole moment in the next line, of course.

Old April 12th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Curse Breaker

Of course he did--Rick Castle being serious for more than 30 seconds when there's banter possibilities? Please. I hope tonight's episode lives up to its billing--I'm still fuming about Kelly Carlson's going raven-haired.

Old April 13th, 2010, 4:23 pm
Student

I enjoyed last night's episode, but I didn't like it quite as good as last week.

Old April 13th, 2010, 8:59 pm
Curse Breaker

See, I thought it was better than last week but not as good as the serial two-parter. At least they explained Kelly Carlson's black hair dye reasonably (though I still think she looks better as a blonde). They seem to have decided to do episode trading for a little bit. Castle has the beautiful actress after the part who decides she likes him better than she thought and has more self-respect than she thought was healthy for her career, and now Beckett has this hotshot detective from a different precinct.

Old April 15th, 2010, 2:35 am
Hiding under Johnny's bed...

I loved that moment at the end when Beckett berated him for going on another date with Ellie (she assumed) and Castle just had that little knowing grin on his face like, "Beckett, you care too much for just a friend." That was cute.

Old April 15th, 2010, 5:08 am
Curse Breaker

Yeah, her reaction was great--and just over the top enough to give him even more confidence (like he needed it).

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television