Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

What annoyed you most about GOF v3

Old August 12th, 2011, 11:48 pm
First Year

Re: What annoyed you most about GOF v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revaunch View Post
Two words,Tux Robes - Another two words, Prom Dresses. The yule ball was a joke why would wizards wear robes that mimic a muggle tux and why did Ron's look like it came from the 70's.
There are Wizard Rock Bands in the Wizarding World.
Pretty sure something that is older than Rock and/or Roll should not have that much problem blending in. I dont know about Ron's.....but they didnt have the cash for new stuff.

Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2011, 1:36 am
Second Year

I know that they were trying to save money so they cut out Winky and changed the story a little. But I thought that Winky's story was very important to the book. It also kind of made Harry look like a moron in the movies because he had already seen Barty Crouch Jr. twice (at the World Cup and in his recurring dream) and he never connected the dots to the guy he saw in the pensieve? You'd think he'd remember and recognize the face of the man in his dream. I was just very disappointed that they took out Winky- it made it so that the whole audience lost the mystery of what was happening with Moody/Crouch Jr. with the whole "snake tongue" thingy.

Proud Gryffindor
GoldScale60 POTTERMORE. FOREVERMORE.
Old August 13th, 2011, 9:58 pm
First Year

SPEW! I was looking forward to seeing it or at least them mentioning it. I was soooo sad when I found out they cut it out, and cut out Dobby (and Winky) as well. I felt it added more to Hermione's character.

Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw
If you've a ready mind
Where those of wit and learning
Will always find their kind
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecrab View Post
There are Wizard Rock Bands in the Wizarding World.
Pretty sure something that is older than Rock and/or Roll should not have that much problem blending in. I dont know about Ron's.....but they didnt have the cash for new stuff.
Yes, in the book Molly had to buy second hand robes for Ron, and the movie robes look like the book ones are described.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998
Old September 8th, 2011, 6:26 am
First Year

There are plenty of things that annoyed me, but one thing on my mind now was the maze.In the book the maze actually had obsticles in it,but obviously in the movie all that happened was it got really windy and moved around a bit...

Old September 9th, 2011, 9:33 am
Sixth Year

Dumbledore, easily. I mean, wow. You know the saying: Snape didn't kill Dumbledore, Michael Gambon did. The portrayal of him was just awful.

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' ... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods."
~ Stephan King, July 2007
Old September 9th, 2011, 1:35 pm
Registered Animagus

Still their hair. I also hate the dragon chase. I always fast forward through that part. I don't know if i have seen it in years.

Old September 9th, 2011, 2:23 pm
Seventh Year

I wish they hadn't cut the out the Hogwarts School Song. After the other two schools made such an amazing dramatic entrance, and then Dumbledore led Hogwarts in that totally tacky, yet typical, school song - well, the looks on people's faces were hilarious, I thought.

Other than that, no complaints. I loved the long hair and the over-the-top acting.

When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter.
My family will say to me, “After all this time?
And I will say, “Always.
- source unknown
Old September 9th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Second Year

There were quite a lot of things that annoyed me about this movie, although I still think it's quite good overall:

* Crouch-Moody's tongue-flicking: much too obvious!
* Some of the Twins' lines were not that funny at all...calling Harry moral fiber, or the Krum song, for instance, were just silly rather than witty
* "Attention-seeking" Harry ("You want me to open it?")
* Hermione's over-use of her eyebrows
* The Third Task. It would have been so much better had they included at least some of the obstacles, like the Sphinx and the Screwts.
* The Quidditch World Cup. They should have actually shown the flying. What's the point of a long build-up and then...nothing?

On the other hand, unlike some other people, I did like the portrayal of Voldemort's return and Ron's jealousy. Their long hair didn't bother me that much, either.

On Pottermore: Surprisingly,Slytherin
So...Slytherclaw?
Wand: Cypress with Unicorn Core, ten inches, reasonably supple
Old September 9th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Registered Animagus

Oh Attention seeking Harry. I hate that part too. It just seems so out of character to the rest of Harry throughout the series.

Old September 9th, 2011, 6:59 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
Dumbledore, easily. I mean, wow. You know the saying: Snape didn't kill Dumbledore, Michael Gambon did. The portrayal of him was just awful.
Yeah. Well, I guess I didn't find Gambon awful exactly, but it was wrong, I thought. He seemed to get better as the series went on, so that he was just fine in HBP and the two DH films. Why, I thought he was OK in PoA. Just GoF. In that film he seemed like he was just totally unhinged.

Cornets acoustiques et de glace!

Pottermore Beta Tester, First Batch (2011-08-15)
ChaserQuaffle211
Ravenclaw (about what I expected)
14-1/2 inches, redwood with phoenix feather core, brittle
Russian blue cat
Old September 9th, 2011, 9:52 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I think I would have found Gambon's Dumbledore more true to canon (in addition to his attitude) if his robes had been more like Harris's. They never changed in the books.

SEVERUS SNAPE
HEADMASTER
HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY
1997-98

REQUIESCAT IN PACE
9 JANUARY, 1960 - 2 MAY, 1998

Last edited by snapes_witch; September 9th, 2011 at 10:00 pm.
Old September 9th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by decarus View Post
Oh Attention seeking Harry. I hate that part too. It just seems so out of character to the rest of Harry throughout the series.
That annoyed me, too. It's not true to the Harry in the books. Unfortunately, attention-seeking movie-Harry isn't limited to GoF. "But I am the Chosen One" in HBP? Urgh!!! I know this isn't the thread for HBP complaints, but just saying that I don't think it's a GoF thing only.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Old September 9th, 2011, 11:25 pm
Registered Animagus

At least the "i am the chosen one" is true and while out of character he said it just to Hermione instead of to a crowd.

Old September 9th, 2011, 11:41 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
At least the "i am the chosen one" is true and while out of character he said it just to Hermione instead of to a crowd.
It's true, but Harry never wanted it, and he certainly never wanted it to have a chance with someone like Romilda Vane. He only said it in the book to persuade Slughorn to give him the memory.
If he'd said that in the book, Hermione would have pulled out her wand and incapacitated him until she could be sure he wasn't a Polyjuiced impostor.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.

Last edited by FurryDice; September 9th, 2011 at 11:44 pm.
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:03 am
Registered Animagus

lol. That is very true. It is very unlike book Harry. The weirdest thing is that he would even look at Romilda Vane when he was so into Ginny.

Old September 10th, 2011, 12:32 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
lol. That is very true. It is very unlike book Harry. The weirdest thing is that he would even look at Romilda Vane when he was so into Ginny.
Except that movie-Harry didn't seem all that "into Ginny". Hermione kept telling him he was, but he was more 'into" random waitresses.

About GoF, I hated Hermione.
I hated that scene with her in the Champions' tent before the first task and on the bridge after the Yule Ball where she says in a gasping voice;
"I'm scared for you...." or whatever.
I hated the ending when one moment they're all sad and mourning Cedric, then they are all laughing and Hermione says that horrible, "It's all going to change now...."

Old September 10th, 2011, 12:51 am
Registered Animagus

Yeah. I hate the waitress scene a lot more then the "i am the chosen one" scene. And i do think that they showed that Harry was into Ginny in HBP. Yeah the "i am scared for you" with Hermione was a little awkward as was the weird scene at the end with the three of them. Though i think that GoF was in general very awkward.

Old September 10th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Second Year

Quite a few things:

-All the non canon scenes were useless
-No S.P.E.W.
-Crouch story missing
-No scens between second and third task exept for the meeting in Dubledore's office
-Brige scene woth Hermione, so cheese!

"It is our choices, Harry, that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Draco Dormiens Numquam Tintillandus

"J.K. Rowling's Imagination should be ensured to the Loyds in London for two or three billion dollars"
-Stephen King-

I know JKR denied it, but unless she gives me proof with a Deathly Hallows Sequel, in my head Harry and Ron are going to go back to hogwarts for their last year!
Old September 10th, 2011, 3:09 pm
First Year

I agree with previous posters as well - there are a lot of differences in the film compared to what was said in the book. I understand the time constraints the crew had, but minor details such as Harry's dress robes (which were supposed to be a bottle green colour) were altered.

I was really disappointed though when they didn't show Winky and how they replaced Dobby with Neville in the gillyweed scene. and how arrogant Harry was portrayed as - when he was holding up the egg asking everyone if they wanted him to open it.. Very out of character...

Proud to be in Hufflepuff
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies