Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies

Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Old June 29th, 2008, 6:23 pm
Second Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Okay, thanks for clarifying all of that for me! I figured that you were indeed working with what we have been given in the RoR sense, and it was a nice idea. But hopefully not what WB has in mind for the RoR scenes. I'm too much of a purist

Honestly though, I don't think I'll mind as much if they keep the H/G first kiss scene the same. Which shouldn't be too hard since we know Sectumsempra hasn't been cut, so we know Harry will most likely have the detentions for it that cause him to miss the Quidditch final(which we know is included)...so I like to think that scene will be set up perfectly to mirror the book.

And I'm pretty clueless about how the Burrow Attack scene should work too Time to unleash the imaginations?

Moving on....

I think Master has a good point with all the Dumbledore lines. I think they are indeed fitting, but they kind of make his condition less believable.

Phrozenone, I think what makes your scripts so incredibly appealing to me is the way you create Dumbledore's lines. They mirror his book character, not Gambon in any way, or in a way that just has him say what needs to be said and nothing else

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2008, 9:23 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
I think Dumbledore has too much coherent dialog at the end of your script. It just cheapens his condition imo. His only sane line should be "I am not worried, Harry. I am with you."
Hmmmm u think so? How else is he gonna tell Harry what's going on then I hear what you're saying though but I kind of like it

I'm suprised you're actually reading my script now

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwood View Post

Phrozenone, I think what makes your scripts so incredibly appealing to me is the way you create Dumbledore's lines. They mirror his book character, not Gambon in any way, or in a way that just has him say what needs to be said and nothing else
You think so? I honestly hear Gambon and try to mock him when I write actually Why do I get the feeling I'm the only person who can hear him say these lines?

Anyways here's the next section...I'm changing a few things in the end so I can't post THAT much but enough to keep you all happy. Don't forget to let me know what u think!

Quote:
EXT. HOGESMEADE-NIGHT (SECONDS LATER)

There is a shot of an empty street in Hogsmeades and then SWOOSH Harry and Dumbledore appear on the street.

HARRY
We did it sir! We got the Horcrux.

Dumledore leans against the wall.

DUMBLEDORE
Severus, I need Severus.

HARRY
Alright sir…rest here I’ll go get him.

Harry walks from behind the building and stops in his steps. Dumbledore notices this.

DUMBLEDORE
Harry?

HARRY
Sir I think you should see this….

Dumledore walks slowly from around the building and the camera pans upwards towards Hogwarts and we see that the Dark Mark is floating over the school.

The scene cuts to Harry and Dumbledore flying towards the castle. We see Dumbledore close his eyes and mutter an incantation and we see them pass through the barrier around Hogwarts. They land on the Astronomy Tower right under the mark.

EXT. ASTRONOMY TOWER-NIGHT

HARRY
Do you think that’s a real mark Professor, there’s no body…Professor?

DUMBLEDORE
Go and wake Severus Harry, tell him what happened and bring him to me.

HARRY
But sir…

DUMBLEDORE
You swore to obey me Harry…go!

Harry puts on his Invisibility Cloak and runs towards the door and freezes as he hears footsteps coming up them.

DUMBLEDORE
Get away from there Harry.

Harry backs up and we see Dumbledore point his wand at Harry and he falls back frozen just as we see someone run through the door and yell ‘Expellearmus’ and watches Dumbledore’s wand fly over the edge of the tower. We see a shot of the person from behind and we see Dumbledore’s face over their shoulder.

DUMBLEDORE
Well, Good Evening Draco.

The camera shifts showing a shot of Draco with his wand pointing at Dumbledore.

DRACO
Who else is here?

DUMBLEDORE
A question I might ask you. Or are you acting alone?

DRACO
No, I’ve got backup. There are Death Eaters here in your school tonight. They’re having a fight down below with some of your guards…I came on ahead. I’ve got a job to do…

Draco holds his wand firmly and Dumbledore slouches against the edge of the building, obviously weak and there is a shot of Harry struggling to move underneath the cloak.

DUMBLEDORE
Draco, you are not a killer.

DRACO
How do you know? You don’t know what I’ve done!

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I do. You almost killed Katie Bell and Ronald Weasley in an attempt to kill me. Forgive me, but they have been feeble attempts…so tell me how you managed to get them into my school.

DRACO
I had to mend that broken Vanishing Cabinet that no one’s used for years. There is a pair of them, one here and one in Borgin and Burkes and there’s a passage between them. If the passage is fixed…

DUMBLEDORE
Then it’s a one-way trip to Hogwarts straight from Knockturn Alley…Ingenious.

DRACO
Yes, I know!

DUMBLEDORE
You didn’t think you were going to succeed in mending the cabinet were you? You had to resort to crude measures such as sending me a cursed necklace that was bound to reach the wrong hands…poisoning mead there was only the slightest chance I might drink….

DRACO
You didn’t realize it was me!

DUMBLEDORE
I was sure it was you. I’ve had Professor Snape watching over you…

DRACO
He hasn’t been doing your orders, he promised my mother! He’s a double agent!

DUMBLEDORE
Well it so happens that I trust Professor Snape….

DRACO
You’re losing your grip! He wants all the glory to himself, Snape. He’s been trying to help me all year, but I wouldn’t let him. He won’t be the Dark Lords favorite after tonight…

DUMBLEDORE
So Draco let us discuss your options…

DRACO
My Options! I’m standing here with a wand…I’m about to kill you…

DUMBLEDORE
My dear boy, if you were going to kill me, you would have done it when you first disarmed me.

DRACO
I haven’t got any options! I’ve got to do it! He’ll kill me! He’ll kill my whole family!

DUMBLEDORE
Come over to the right side Draco, we can hide you more completely than you can possibly imagine. You and your mother, and when the times comes your father. You are not a killer…

The door bursts open and Bellatrix, ALECTO, AMYCUS, AND GREYBACK all enter and stand behind Draco all smiling.

BELLATRIX
Dumbledore’s cornered, wandless, and alone! Well done, Draco!

DUMBLEDORE
Good evening, Bellatrix, and you’ve brought Alecto and Amycus aswell. Charming. And is that you Fenrir?

GREYBACK
That’s right, pleased to see me, Dumbledore.

DUMBLEDORE
I am a little shocked that Draco here invited you into the school where his friends live…

DRACO
I didn’t…I didn’t know he was going to come….

GREYBACK
I wouldn’t miss a trip to Hogwarts Dumbledore, not when there are throats to be ripped out and I could do you for afters, Dumbledore!

AMYCUS
Look at him. What has happened to the great Dumbledore? Looks like a weak fool to me. I don’t even know why the Dark Lord’s bothering to kill yer! Come on Draco, do it!

Draco tries to point his wand but it is shaken to furiously.

GREYBACK
I’ll do it!

BELLATRIX
No! He must do it!

The door bursts open and in runs Snape. Harry’s eyes lighten with a slight look of excitement as Snape runs up to the Death Eaters, Draco, and Dumbledore with his wand at the ready.

AMYCUS
We’ve got a problem Snape, the boy doesn’t seem able…

DUMBLEDORE
Severus….

Snape pushed Draco out of the way and stares down at Dumbledore.

DUMBELDORE
Severus…please…

Snape points his wand down at Dumbledore.

SNAPE
Avada Kadavra!

The jet of green light comes from his wand knocking Dumbledore back and over the edge of the tower.

"In my life I have seen things that are unimaginably
horrific. I know now...you will see worse."

Last edited by Phrozenone; July 7th, 2008 at 9:30 pm.
Old July 8th, 2008, 2:42 am
Second Year

I can safely say that if I ever wrote out a Harry Potter script it wouold basically be the same. I don't think that I would be able to alter it to be better or worse.

ANIMAGUS FORM: Wolf
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:36 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

I haten't replied in ages!

It's great to see you here tking!

First off Phrozenone... (your last 3 posts )

OK, I think the whole scene with Ginny breaks the tension created with Snape (plus I hate that Ginny is there...). I think it'd be better if the scenes where he goes back to the trio and hides the Potions book would be VERY quick.

Quote:
Ginny looks around and notices a TIARA sitting on top of one of the books and grabs it and walks towards Harry. Harry closes the cupboard and Ginny hands him the tiara. He quickly takes it and places it on top of the head of a bust of an old wizard.

HARRY
That way I will be able to find it.
Nice.

Quote:
The camera fades back in on a shot of Hedwig flying towards the school and we see a shot of Hogwarts.
Why if only to show the passing of a few minutes?

Quote:
MONTAGE/2 WEEKS
Next we see a montage of them walking around the grounds holding hands, sitting together making jokes with Ron and Seamus, eating together in the Great Hall, kissing on the bridge, and holding each other under the stars in front of the lake.
A little TOO overdone...

Quote:
The scene then cuts to them walking together into the common room. She kisses him and runs past Ron who’s sitting on the couch. She smacks him on the head and runs upstairs.
Wow, a VIOLENT Ginny

Quote:
HARRY
Better go and see…but first things first…
Hate this line.

Quote:
INT. COMMON ROOM-MOMENTS LATER
HARRY
Here
(Throws socks at Ron)
It’s the Felix Felicis. If Dumbledore has found a you know what then you’ll be needing it. Just in case Draco tries anything. Share it between yourselves…
That's all? What about Hermione saying Draco's not up to anything?

Quote:
Dumbledore walks up to his desk and pulls out the drawing of the cave that young Tom Riddle drew and holds it up to Harry.
Hmmmm, where have I seen that before

Quote:
The camera zooms in on the picture and then the picture slowly begins to turn into the real cave. Water is crashing beneath it and then SWOOSH Dumbledore appears. Harry takes off his invisibility cloak and they both walk into the entrance.
Nice transition

Quote:
HARRY
Professor?

DUMBLEDORE
I don’t want…don’t make me…don’t like…want to stop…

HARRY
You can’t stop Professor, you’ve got to keep drinking remember?
Maybe you could add it Harry being surprised at Dumbledore acting how he is.

Quote:
DUMBLEDORE
Ah Harry, I’m not worried. I am with you.

The Cave scene was perfect.

Quote:
EXT. HOGESMEADE-NIGHT (SECONDS LATER)
There is a shot of an empty street in Hogsmeades and then SWOOSH Harry and Dumbledore appear on the street.
HARRY
We did it sir! We got the Horcrux.
Dumledore leans against the wall.
DUMBLEDORE
Severus, I need Severus.
HARRY
Alright sir…rest here I’ll go get him.
Harry walks from behind the building and stops in his steps. Dumbledore notices this.
DUMBLEDORE
Harry?
HARRY
Sir I think you should see this….
Dumledore walks slowly from around the building and the camera pans upwards towards Hogwarts and we see that the Dark Mark is floating over the school.
The scene cuts to Harry and Dumbledore flying towards the castle. We see Dumbledore close his eyes and mutter an incantation and we see them pass through the barrier around Hogwarts. They land on the Astronomy Tower right under the mark.
I actually think the calm spot is too short, but how could you change it?

Reading the Lightning-Struck Tower, it seems too fast

Quote:
The jet of green light comes from his wand knocking Dumbledore back and over the edge of the tower.

Now, tking...

Quote:
On the lawn beside Harry lays a Muggle newspaper
with the bland headline: "SCORCHING SUMMER
SETS NEW RECORD". Underneath "EXCLUSIVE
WITH BRITAIN'S NEW TOP MODEL". Sighing
heavily, Harry leaps off his back and we --
Couldn't you include the skiing budgie?

Quote:
EXT. WISTERIA WALK - EVENING

Harry walks and walks, then... stops. Sees an
ICE CREAM VAN ahead, a queue of delighted
children with their mums already forming.

Harry watches the scene for a moment... Shaking
his head, he carries on.
Sorry, but I don't see the point of this scene...

Quote:
EXT. MOTORWAY PASS - EVENING
What happened to Wisteria Pass (or whatever it was called...)

Quote:
MRS FIGG
Of course I do! I'm a Squibb. As Mundungus
full well knows... why on earth he left you
unwatched I do not know!
for explaination!

Quote:
Oh well, it's no good crying over spilt
potion now I suppose...
Love that you added in this line!

Quote:
Utterly stunned, Harry moves into the hallway, silent. Uncle Vernon
charges after him.

UNCLE VERNON
Where do you think you're going, boy! You're not going
anywhere until you tell me what you did to my --

HARRY
Get out of the way.

He raises his wand. Uncle Vernon's eye SHIFT.

UNCLE VERNON
You can't pull that one on me! You dare attack my
family and they'll have you strung up --

HARRY
I don't care! I've just been expelled so now
I can do whatever I want!

He rushes upstairs. Uncle Vernon watches him go warily.
I am a little confused why Harry does this...
And I would have prefered further explaination

(this was written way before Fantastic Beasts was a thing... )

A true - CoS and Pottermore!
Old July 9th, 2008, 4:50 am
Second Year

Phrozenone, The Lightning-Struck Tower felt incredibly fast to me.

But I do like the way Dumbledore snapped back to his senses with the danger-infused adrenaline pumping through his veins.

I thought all the lines were perfect though
Maybe it just seems fast when read. The acting should help slow down the tempo, but still keep the frantic/panicked/apprehensive/frightened aura about the whole scene.

What an experience this has been for
us all.
Old July 9th, 2008, 11:31 pm

Quote:
HARRY
Professor Moody?

Moody steps into the light as he wipes his mouth.

MAD-EYE MOODY
Professor, eh? Never got round to much teaching, did I...

HARRY
What are you doing here?

MAD-EYE MOODY
Rescuing you, of course.

INT. STAIRWELL - NUMBER FOUR PRIVET DRIVE - NIGHT

Tonks, Moody, KINGSLEY SHACKLEBOLT, ELPHIAS DOGE, and EMMELINE VANCE push Harry before them as they trundle down the stairs, carrying Harry's things.
But where is LUPIN!! That's the whole point Harry went with them in the book!
Well at least you added "Never got round to much teaching, did I..."...

Quote:
I'm a Metamorphmagus. Comes in handy. I passed my Concealment and Disguise exam with distinction.
You should probably mention somewhere she is an Auror...

Quote:
EXT. SKY OVER LONDON - NIGHT [DUSK FOR NIGHT]

The formation drops low to the river. Hurtling inches above the surface they whiz beneath the city's bridges, swerving around barges and speeding past TOURIST BOATS.

ON THE SOUTH BANK a group of SKATEBOARDERS practice stunts; on the river beyond we see only the parallel WAKES of the guards' broomsticks.
Someone doesn't care about the Statue of Secrecty...?

Quote:
MAD-EYE MOODY
Ah, here it is... Borrowed it from Dumbledore...

(But now you do? )

Quote:
Number 12 appears in the terrace.
How did it appear?

Old July 21st, 2008, 5:46 pm
Fourth Year

Well by request here's the next section everyone. I'm trying to decide if I should add the scene with McGonnagall and Harry at the end since we know it's there now or keep it like I have it...ah well...let me know what you think:

Quote:
SNAPE
Out of here, quickly.

He grabs Malfoy and they both walk out through the door. Bellatrix, Greyback, Alecto, and Amycus all start to exit. Harry is now able to move so he jumps up from his cloak and points his wand at Amycus back.

HARRY
Petrificus Totalus!

EXT. FOOT OF TOWER/HOGWARTS GROUNDS

Amycus body becomes rigid and falls as Harry runs and jumps over it down the stairs after Snape and Draco. We see him run out of the tower into the ongoing battle that’s below. We see McGonagall, Neville, Ginny, Tonks, Lupin, Ron, Hermione, and Luna fighting against a group of Death Eaters. Alecto is throwing spells at Ginny but they seem to just bounce off of her.

ALECTO
You can’t dance forever pretty..Crucio..Cruico!!!!

HARRY
Impedimenta!

The spell hits Amycus in the chest and he is lifted off the ground and slammed into a wall.

GINNY
HARRY LOOK OUT!!

Harry turns as Greyback picks him up and throws him across the grounds. He runs towards Harry with swift force and jumps on top of him..

GREYBACK
I’ve always wanted to take a bite of the famous...Harry...Potter…

He opens his mouth to take a bite and then BOOM he is blown off. The camera pans to show Lupin standing there.

LUPIN
Go Harry!

Harry nods and runs off as Greyback and Lupin battle.

GREYBACK
Ah! Is that little Remus Lupin! My how you’ve grown!

They continue to throw spells at each other as Harry runs to Ginny who’s fighting off another Death Eater.

HARRY
Petrificus Totalus!

The Death Eater is frozen and falls to the ground.

HARRY
Ginny, did you see Snape and Malfoy?

GINNY
Yeah they went that way but Harry….

He gets up and starts to run towards the castle. He starts to run full speed dodging spells as they fly all around him. He notices Hermione fighting a Death Eater. She stuns him but another comes up behind her but before he can attack Ron jumps in his path and BAM blows the Death Eater back into the wall. Hermione quickly turns around and gives a smile at Ron. Harry notices Neville on the ground about to be attacked by Bellatrix up ahead.

BELLATRIX
Time for me to finish what I started with your parents!

Harry runs and pushes her out of the way before she can cast the spell.

BELLATRIX
Meddling again are you Potter? Well this time Dumbledore won’t show up to rescue you will he?

There is a loud BOOM and we see Bellatrix thrown back. Harry looks over and see’s Tonks with her wand pointed and she gives him a quick smile and gestures for him and Neville to get out of the way. Bellatrix lets out a scream of rage as she starts throwing spells at Tonks. As they battle Harry helps Neville out of the way and sits him down on one of the benches.

HARRY
Are you ok…?

NEVILLE
Fine…go!

Harry nods and looks up and see’s Snape and Draco running across the bridge towards Hagrids.

EXT. THE BRIDGE/STONEHEDGE/HAGRIDS HUT

The scene cuts to Harry running fast across the bridge. Once he exits there is a BOOM and we see Hagrid’s Hut catch on fire.

HARRY
HAGRID!!!

Harry starts to run towards the cabin when a spell hits him in his back knocking him over. We see him grab his wand and just as he spins around yells

HARRY
Impedimenta!

The spell hits one of the two death eaters that are behind him and Harry gets up and begins to run towards Hagrids cabin. He see’s Hagrid facing off against a Death Eater and we now see Snape and Draco still running.

HARRY
Stupefy!

The spell misses Snape and he stops.

SNAPE
Run Draco.

Draco runs off as Snape turns around to face Harry. They’re about twenty yards apart from each other.

HARRY
Cruc…

Snape waves his hand and Harry is thrown backwards off his feet.

SNAPE
No Unforgivable Curses from you Potter! You haven’t got the nerve or the ability…

HARRY
FIGHT BACK!!! FIGHT BACK YOU COWARDLY…

SNAPE
Coward, did you call me, Potter? Your father would never attack me unless it was four on one, what would you call him, I wonder?

HARRY
STUPE…

SNAPE
Blocked again and again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed, Potter!

He looks up as Bellatrix runs up behind Harry.

SNAPE
Now come! It is time to be gone, before the Ministry turns up…

HARRY
Impedi…

BELLATRIX
Crucio!

Harry falls on the ground shaking in pain.

SNAPE
No!

She cancels the curse and looks angrily at Snape

SNAPE
Have you forgotten our orders? Potter belongs to the Dark Lord…. we are to leave him. Go! Go!

Bellatrix laughs as she runs off as Harry lets out a scream of rage. He pushes himself up and points his wand at Snape.

HARRY
Sectum…!

Snape flicks his wand and the spell is repelled knocking the wand from Harry hand.

SNAPE
No, Potter! You dare use my own spells against me? It was I who invented them.

HARRY
You!?!

SNAPE
Yes Harry, I am the Half Blood Prince. I knew you were using my old potions book the moment you used the spell on Draco. Where did you hide the book Potter?

Harry runs for his wand and Snape shoots a spell at it knocking it further away.

HARRY
Kill me then, kill me like you killed him, you coward…

SNAPE
DON’T…CALL ME A COWARD

He points his wand at Harry and a Death Eater runs from behind the flames.

DEATH EATER
The Ministry is closing in lets go Snape…LET’S GO!

SNAPE
Until next time Potter…

Snape points his wand at Harry and we see a flash of light as a cut swipes across Harry’s face knocking him backwards and onto the ground. The scene fades to black…

Last edited by Phrozenone; July 21st, 2008 at 5:51 pm.
Old July 24th, 2008, 4:31 am
Second Year

wow they are all really good once i have some time to settle down ill start working on a script too

these are all really good keep it up guys !!!!

(No picture avalible at this time because that is the way i do things)
Old August 1st, 2008, 12:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tking View Post
This is a scene I designed to take place after Snape's Worst Memory, a scene between Harry and Luna - who I think share one of the most interesting relationships in the film.

Please give feedback, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

THere should be no Harry/Luna scenes, that strays away from canon, and I don't see that scene as having much point.

Old August 6th, 2008, 8:33 pm
Fourth Year

Alright everyone so here's the final portion of my HBP script (Finally I know ) I thank everyone who read through it all and my next mission is to attempt to do DH in 2 parts (Which I still think is a horrible idea ) Also just know I won't be splitting it at Shell Cottage since that's what everyone wants (I like going against the mold )

So let me know what you think of this portion and the script overall...I've definatly learned alot about adaptation this time around and I really enjoyed doing this so enjoy!

Quote:
EXT. HAGRIDS HUT- NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

HAGRID (O.S.)
Harry…Harry…

As Harry opens his eyes we see Hagrid pop into view.

HAGRID
Yeh all righ’? Speak ter me, Harry…

HARRY
I’m all right…are you?

HAGRID
Course I am…take more’n that ter finish me.

He helps Harry up and Harry looks to see Hagrids house burnt down with still a few fires burning.

HAGRID
S’not too bad, Nothin Dumbledore won’ be able to put righ…

HARRY
Hagrid…

HAGRID
What happened up thur Harry? I jus’ saw them Death Eaters runnin’ down from the castle, but what the ruddy hell was Snape doin with ‘em? Where’s he gone…was he chasin’ them?

HARRY
He…he killed…

HAGRID
Killed? Snape kiled? What’re yeh on abou’ Harry?

HARRY
Snape killed…Dumbledore

Harry looks up and we see a shot of the Dark Mark over the tower.

EXT. FOOT OF ASTRONOMY TOWER-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene cuts to Harry walking towards a crowd of students and teachers standing on the foot of the tower, most of them are in tears. He and Hagrid move slowly through the crowd of people. When they make it to the front the camera pans to a shot of Dumbledore lying on the ground with his arms and legs stretched out. Harry falls to his knees and begins to cry. We see a shot of Hagrid falling to his knees and crying helplessly. Harry looks up and next to his body is the object that Dumbledore got out of the cave. Harry grabs it and opens it revealing a sheet of parchment. Harry takes it out and opens it and the camera pans over his shoulder so the audience can read what it says. We then hear a voiceover being read.

REGULUS BLACK (V.O.)
To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.

Harry crumbles the paper in his hands and looks down at Dumbledore’s fallen body. He notices Dumbledore’s wand laying next to him and picks it up and stares at it. Tears start falling down his eyes as the camera pans back to show everyone standing around Harry and the scenes slowly fades to black.

INT. HOSPITAL WARD-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

The scene fades back in with a torn Harry walking into the hospital ward. We see Neville asleep on the bed and Hermion, Luna, Tonks, McGonnagall, and Lupin are sitting there. Ginny jumps up as Harry walks in.

HARRY
Is anyone else…dead?

GINNY
No…

She runs up to Harry and hugs him.

GINNY
Oh Harry, if we hadn’t had your Felix potion, I think we’d all be dead. Ron gave it to me, Hermione, Luna, and Neville. We all went to the Room of Requirement after you left just in case and saw the Death Eaters leaving the room. We alerted McGonnagall who contacted a few Order members and this battle broke out.

HARRY
I’m glad you all are okay.

RON
Where’s Dumbledore Harry? I’m sure he could’ve caught all those Death Eaters easily.

GINNY
Ron…Dumbledore….

LUPIN
What is it Ginny?

HARRY
He’s dead.

Lupin jumps up in a state of shock

LUPIN
No! It can’t be! How….how….

HARRY
Snape killed him. I was under the Invisibility Cloak, he immobilized me. Malfoy came through the door and disarmed him. More death eaters arrived, and then Snape. Snape did the Avada Kadavra.

McGONNAGELL
Snape? I…can’t believe it…but he trusted…

TONKS
Dumbledore swore he was on our side…

McGONNAGALL
I…I don’t understand…

HARRY
What’s not to understand? This whole year Snape has been trying to help Draco. Don’t you see? Those attacks…all of them were Draco attempting to get to Dumbledore because he was afraid he couldn’t fix that Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirements. This whole time I knew Draco was up to something…

GINNY
Vanishing Cabinet? Harry I think I saw it.

INT-ROOM OF REQUIREMENT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to all of them standing in front of the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement.

LUPIN
I think only one thing can be done at this point.

Lupin points his wand at the Cabinet and BOOM it’s destroyed. They all stare at it for a moment before they all turn around and walk slowly out of the room.

INT. SEVENTH FLOOR-MOMENTS LATER

As they all continue to walk Harry pauses and looks out of the window. He see’s Fawkes sitting there on the ledge. A tear falls from Fawkes eye and he flies off. There is a wide shot of the school as Fawkes circles it paying his homage to Dumbledore.

INT. DUMBLEDORE’S OFFICE-NIGHT

The scene then shows a shot of Dumbledore’s office. Everything is as he left it, well except for one thing. The camera pans up and we see a painting of Dumbledore on the wall, asleep along with the other Headmasters and Headmistresses of the school.

The scene fades to black.

EXT. THE BLACK LAKE-EVENING

The scene fades back in on a WHITE MARBLE TOMB. There are numerous flowers around Dumbledore’s tomb and the camera pans back to show Harry sitting a flower on top of it. He sighs and clutches the locket he now wears around his neck as Ginny walks up behind him and takes his hand at they both walk away.

EXT. BRIDGE-MOMENTS LATER

Harry and Ginny are both looking out of the bridge together. Harry sighs and turns to look at her.

HARRY
Ginny…I….we…I can’t be involved with you anymore.

GINNY
It’s for some stupid, nobil reason, isn’t it?

HARRY
It’s been like something out of someone else’s life, these last few weeks with you. But…I’ve got things to do alone now. Voldemort used people his enemies are close to. Think how much danger you’ll be in if we keep this up, he’ll try to get to me through you.

GINNY
What if I don’t care?

HARRY
But I do, about you. How do you think I’d feel if you died?

She stares at him for a moment.

GINNY
I never really gave up on you. Hermione told me if I go with some other people, maybe you would notice me a bit more…

HARRY
I just wish I’d asked you sooner. We could’ve had age’s…months…

GINNY
But you’ve been to busy saving the Wizarding world. I knew this would happen in the end. I knew that you wouldn’t be happy unless you were hunting Voldemort. Maybe that’s why I like you so much.

Harry smiles and Ginny kisses him on the cheek and walks away.

EXT. HILLSIDE-EVENING

The scene cuts to Harry walking along a hillside where we can see Dumbledore’s tomb and Hogwarts in the distance. He kicks a rock and stands as the sun begins to set. Ron and Hermione slowly walk up behind him. They stand on each side of him in silence for a moment.

HARRY
I’m not coming back to Hogwarts next year. I’m going back to the Dursley’s once more, because Dumbledore wanted me to. But it’ll be a short visit, and then I’ll be gone for good.

HERMIONE
But where will you go if you don’t come back to school?

HARRY
I can visit my parent’s graves; I’d like that. Then I’ve got to track down the rest of the Horcruxes, haven’t I ? That’s what he wanted me to do. Then I go after Voldemort and if I meet Snape along the way, so much better for me, so much worse for him.

There is another brief silence amongst them.

RON
We’ll go with you wherever you’re going.

HARRY
What? No you don’t have too…

HERMIONE
You said to us once before that there was time to turn back if we wanted too. We’ve had time, haven’t we?

RON
We’re with you for whatever happens mate.

Harry smiles as he puts his arms around them both as they start to walk back towards the castle. The camera slowly backs away from them and off showing a shot of Hogwarts and the sunset. The screen fades to black and end credits begin.

Old August 7th, 2008, 5:29 am

The only thing I didn't like was:
Quote:
GINNY
Vanishing Cabinet? Harry I think I saw it.

INT-ROOM OF REQUIREMENT-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to all of them standing in front of the Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement.

LUPIN
I think only one thing can be done at this point.

Lupin points his wand at the Cabinet and BOOM it’s destroyed. They all stare at it for a moment before they all turn around and walk slowly out of the room.

Overall:

Old August 7th, 2008, 5:37 am
Secret Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post

The only thing I didn't like was:

Overall:
I AGREE with ARRY, that was the ONLY part I didn't like

btw, sorry I didn't reply to like your last 3 posts Phroze

Thanks for doing this for us, I'm sure it took you HOURS AND HOURS, but I've thoroughly ENJOYED reading every section/version

Overall:

P.S. Could you please send me the file...so I can read it all at once?

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; August 7th, 2008 at 5:42 am.
Old August 7th, 2008, 9:14 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcbaseball22 View Post
I AGREE with ARRY, that was the ONLY part I didn't like

btw, sorry I didn't reply to like your last 3 posts Phroze

Thanks for doing this for us, I'm sure it took you HOURS AND HOURS, but I've thoroughly ENJOYED reading every section/version

Overall:

P.S. Could you please send me the file...so I can read it all at once?
Why don't you?
I like it very much instead.
They're expressing their anger and their grief for Dumbledore by destroying the Cabinet that caused his death.

Old August 7th, 2008, 9:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausBaudelaire View Post
Why don't you?
I like it very much instead.
They're expressing their anger and their grief for Dumbledore by destroying the Cabinet that caused his death.
Because it seems out of place and the transitions to and from it is too disjointed and the ending of the film should flow well.

Old August 16th, 2008, 2:11 am
Fourth Year

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm glad you liked (most) of it and yeah the scene actually works well in my head but I'm not sure if I wrote it correctly or not

Btw keep up the work tking...you're doing a good job adding on to the movie...good idea

Well I may regret doing this now since it's first draft...early stages..and I have NO idea where I'm heading (I have an idea where i want to split it but who knows how that'll change as I write)..I will post what I have so far of my DH pt 1 script. Let me know what you guys think.

Quote:
EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS- EARLY MORNING

The scene slowly fades to a shot of HOGWARTS in the daylight. The scene then shifts then shifts to a shot of HARRY POTTER walking slowly through the grounds carrying a few of his bags. The camera pans to show him walking towards a WHITE TOMB. Harry sits down his bags and walks closer to the tomb and looks down upon it.

HARRY
It’s only been a few days and things are already different without you Dumbledore.

Harry places his hand on the tomb. He then takes a look at the LOCKET that is around his neck and sighs. The camera shifts to a view in front of Harry and we see two figures walking slowly down towards Harry. Harry turns around and notices HERMIONE GRANGER and RON WEASLEY both walking towards him.

HERMIONE
It’s time Harry.

EXT. HOGWARTS OUTER GATES-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Harry, Ron, and Hermione walking with a group of students heading towards Hogsmeade to go home for the summer. Harry pauses and turns around as everyone continues to walk. Ron and Hermione notice and turn back to check on him.

RON
Everything alright mate?

HARRY
I just wanted to have one last look at Hogwarts…who knows when I’ll be seeing it again.

We hear the whistle blow from the train and Harry slowly turns around and starts to walk towards the station.

EXT. TRAIN STATION-MOMENTS LATER

As Harry walks towards the train he notices GINNY WEASLEY a few feet ahead of him talking to LUNA LOVEGOOD. He watches her as she boards and then proceeds to follow Ron and Hermione on board. He pauses before he boards and looks out at Hogwarts again. We hear thunder crack and Harry looks up to notice that the sky is starting to fill with dark rain clouds. He sighs and gets on the train. The scene cuts to the HOGWARTS EXPRESS going down the tracks. The camera then pans up and goes through the dark clouds very quickly and we see the WB logo come towards the screen. Lightening flashes around the logo as the camera passes through it. The camera then pans down to show a village at night. We slowly pan down closer to the village and pass a hedge where we see a white peacock walking on top of it. The camera then approaches a huge gate that it goes through showing MALFOY MANOR behind it.

INT. MALFOY MANOR

The scene cuts to a shot of a floor as we see NAGINI slowly slither across it and we hear voices talking as we follow the snake which is slithering around feet under a table.

VOLDEMORT (Offscreen)
New’s Severus?

SNAPE (Offscreen)
The best my lord.

We see a hand reach out and Nagini slithers up the arm and the camera follows her and she slowly rests on the should of VOLDEMORT. He sits at the head of a table with a dark look in his eyes.

VOLDEMORT
What have you heard?

The camera shifts to show a group of Death Eaters sitting down the long table including SEVERUS SNAPE, BELLATRIX LESTRANGE, DRACO MALFOY, NARCISSA MALFOY, LUCIUS MALOY, YAXLEY, WORMTAIL, DOLOHOV, and a few other death eaters all looking towards the head of the table at Voldemort.

SNAPE
The Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on next Saturday, at nightfall.

VOLDEMORT
Saturday….

YAXLEY
I’ve also managed to imperius a few people within the Ministry of Magic my lord. Pretty soon the Ministry of Magic will be under your control….

VOLDEMORT
Yes but not before next Saturday….no…if we cannot touch the boy at his destination, then it must be done while he travels….

YAXLEY
We have several people planted within the Department of Magical Transport. If Potter Apparates or uses the Floo Network, we shall know immediately.

SNAPE
He will not do either. The Order is eschewing any form of transport that is controlled or regulated by the Ministry; they mistrust everything to do with that place.

We hear a wimper and the camera pans up to show a body slowly revolving over the table.

VOLDEMORT
I shall attend to the boy in person. There have been too many mistakes where Harry Potter is concerned. I have been careless but I know better now. I must be the one to kill Harry Potter, and I shall be. I can’t, however, use my wand since Potter and I share the same core…Lucius….

LUCIUS
Yes my lord?

VOLDEMORT
I require your wand.

Lucius and Narcissa cast a nervous look at each other and Lucius pulls out his wand and hands it to Voldemort. Voldemort examines the wand and smiles as he looks at it. He then looks up and Lucius who looks a bit uncomfortable.

VOLDEMORT
Why do the Malfoys look so unhappy with their lot? Is my return, my rise to power, not the very thing they professed to desire for so many years?

LUCIUS
Of course, my Lord. We did desire it….we do….

BELLATRIX
My Lord…it is an honor to have you here, in our family’s house. There can be no higher pleaser.

VOLDEMORT
That means a great deal, Bellatrix, from you.

She smiles at him with a look of longing in her eyes and once again we hear a whimper from the person rotating above the table.

VOLDEMORT
Wormtail! Have I spoken to you about keeping our prisoner quiet?

WORMTAIL
Yes..my…my…Lord….

VOLDEMORT
Do you recognize our guest Severus? Draco? This is of course one of the teachers at Hogwarts…she taught the course…ah Muggle Studies am I correct?

He looks over at Draco who nods slightly and a smile draws across Voldemorts face.

CHARITY BURBAGE
Severus…please….please….

We hear Nagini say something in parseltongue and the smile on Voldemorts face grows wider.

VOLDEMORT
It seems Nagini is hungry….

He looks up at Charity and smiles and tears start to fall quickly from her eyes. Voldemort points his wand at Burbage.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kadavra!

A green spell flies out of the wand and the entire screen goes green and the words ‘HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PT. 1’ appear on the screen. As the words fade we see a shot of the moon and the camera pans down to a shot of Little Whinging. The camera slowly pans down towards the Dursleys house and goes through the window into Harry Potter’s room.

INT. HARRY’S BEDROOM-NIGHT

We see Harry sitting at his desk. He is reading ‘The Daily Prophet’ and we see the text that he is reading says ‘ALBUM DUMBLEDORE REMEMBERED’ and a picture of Dumbledore glaring up at us is shown. He hears a hoot and Harry looks over to HEDWIG in her cage.

HARRY
You’ll be able to get out soon enough Hedwig. It’s to dangerous right now….

VERNON DURSLEY (Offscreen)
HARRY POTTER!!!

Harry sighs as he closes the newspaper and walks out of his room.

INT. DURSLEYS LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to VERNON, PETUNIA, AND DUDLEY DURSLEY standing in the living room. Harry walks into the room..

HARRY
What is it?

VERNON
I’ve changed my mind. I’ve decided I don’t believe a word of it. We’re staying put, we’re not going anywhere.

HARRY
This is for your own good. Once I’m seventeen, the protective charm that Dumbledore put on this house will break and that exposes you as well as me. You’ve got to go into hiding and the Order wants to help. You’re being offered serious protection….

VERNON
Why can’t that…Ministry of Magic...protect us?

HARRY
We think the Ministry has been infiltrated that’s why….

VERNON
But what about my work? What about Dudley’s school? I don’t suppose those things matter to a bunch of layabout wizards….

HARRY
Don’t you understand? They will torture and kill you like they did my parents!

DUDLEY
Dad…I’m going with these Order people.

They all look over at Dudley and Harry gives him a slight smile as we hear a knock on the door. Harry opens the door and in walks HESTIA and DEDALUS

HESTIA
Harry Potter!

DEDALUS
An honor, as ever!

HARRY
Thanks…come on in. Well here they are. My aunt and uncle and cousin….

DEDALUS
Good day to you, Harry Potter relatives!

HESTIA
So is everything ready to go?

HARRY
Yes.

The Dursleys all grab their bags in that are sitting in the hallway.

VERNON
Well, this is good-bye, then, boy.

PETUNIA
Ready, Diddy?

She looks at Dudley who is staring at Harry.

VERNON
Come along, then….

DUDLEY
I don’t understand. Why isn’t Harry coming with us? Where is he going to go?

Vernon and Petunia both look at each other nervously.

HESTIA
Surely you must know where your nephew is going?

HARRY
They don’t…they don’t know anything about me…they think I’m a waste of space but I’m used to….

DUDLEY
I don’t think you’re a waste of space.

Everyone looks up at Dudley with shock in their eyes.

HARRY
Well….um…thanks Dudley.

DUDLEY
You saved my life….

VERNON
Are we going or not? I thought we were on a tight schedule?

DEDALUS
That we are! We really must be off. Good luck Harry Potter. I hope we meet again. The hopes of the Wizarding world rest upon your shoulders.

HESTIA
Farewell, Harry, our thoughts go with you.

They all begin to exit and Dudley walks over to Harry and holds out his hand.

HARRY
Blimey Dudley did the dementors blow a different personality into you?

DUDLEY
Dunno…see you, Harry.

Harry takes his hand and shakes it.

HARRY
Yeah…maybe…take care, Big D.

Dudley and Harry both smile at each other and Dudley grabs his bags and exits. Petunia and Harry stand alone together in the hallway.

PETUNIA
Well…good bye….

HARRY
Good-bye.

She walks towards the door and pauses. She looks back at Harry as if she wanted to say something but turns and closes the door behind her leaving Harry standing alone in the house.

The scene fades to Harry sitting his firebolt in the living room along with all his other bags. He looks around at the place and starts to talk to Hedwig who is sittig on the table in the middle of the room.

HARRY
I can’t believe this is the last time I’ll be here…not that I’ll miss it much. Look Hedwig…that’s where I used to sleep. You never knew me then….it’s so small…I’d forgotten….

Hedwig hoots and Harry walks over to her cage and strokes her beak with his finger.

Harry
Soon you’ll be able to fly as much as you want Hedwig…

BOOM there’s a crash in the kitchen and Harry turns around quickly. He slowly walks into the kitchen.

INT. DURSLEY’S KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks into the kitchen and notices standing there is Ron, Hermione, FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY, MR. WEASLEY, MAD-EYE MOODY, TONKS, LUPIN, KINGSLEY, MUNDUNGUS FLETCHER, and HAGRID standing there. Everyone smiles at him as he walks into the kitchen.

HAGRID
All righ’ Harry? Ready fer the off?

HARRY
I wasn’t expecting this many of you….

MOODY
Change of plan. Since You-Know-Who has contacts inside the Ministry now it’ll be impossible to use magic around you.

HARRY
What do you mean?

MOODY
You’re underage! If you, or anyone around you, casts a spell to get you out of here the Death Eaters will know about it.

HARRY
So what are we going to do?

MOODY
We’re going to use the only means of transport left to us, the only one’s the Trace can’t detect. Hagrid has his motorbike…we’ll have to use brooms and thestrals. Now, your mother’s charm will only break under two conditions: when you come of age or you no longer call this place home. Once you leave here tonight the charm will be broken.

TONKS
You’ll be going to my parent’s house Harry. Once you’re within the boundaries of the protective enchantments we’ve put on their house, you’ll be able to use a Portkey to the Burrow.

HARRY
There’s one problem though…won’t it be obvious if all of us are flying there?

MOODY
I forgot to mention...there will be seven Harry Potters moving through the skies tonight.

He reaches into his cloak and pulls out a flask.

HARRY
No! No way! That’s polyjuice potion isn’t it? If you think I’m going to let six people risk their lives….

RON
Because it’s the first time for all of us….

HARRY
This is different….pretending to be me….

FRED
Well, none of us really fancy it, harry. Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.

MOODY
Now lets have a few of your hairs boy! The only way to get you out of here safely is to have decoys!

HARRY
But…..

Moody walks over and plucks a few hairs out of Harry’s head.

MOODY
Right then…fake Potters line up over here, please.

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Mr. Weasley, and Mundungus all walk to the other side of the kitchen. Harry looks oddly at Mundungus.

HARRY
Who are you?

MUNDUNGUS
Well….um….

MOODY
Mundungus Fletcher. Ruddy coward if you ask me! This was his wild idea so we thought we’d bring him along.

Mundungus looks nervously up at Moody who hands each of them a small glass full of the polyjuice potion.

MOODY
Altogether, then….

All of them take a drink of it and then slowly begin to form into Harry in front of our eyes. Harry’s eyes widen as he looks in front of him and six other Harry Potters are glaring back at him. Fred and George both look at each other.

FRED and GEORGE
Wow…we’re identical!

HERMIONE
Harry, your eyesight really is awful.

MOODY
Now get dressed you lot and we’ll meet you outside!

EXT. DURSLEY’S BACKYARD-MOMENTS LATER

The six Harry Potters walk out of the house towards the rest of them.

MOODY
Good. Now Mundungus you will be traveling with me, by broom…..

MUNDUNGUS
Why’m I with you?

MOODY
Because you’re the one that needs watching.

HAGRID
You’re with me, Harry. That all righ? We’ll be on the bike, brooms an’ thestrals can’t take me weight, see. Not a lot o’ room on the seat with me on it, thought, so you’ll be in the sideccare.

HARRY
Great…..

MOODY
All right then everyone on your transport!

We see all the different Harry’s getting on their transports. The real Harry takes Hedwig and puts her in the sidecar before he gets in.

HARRY
Hagrid…is this Sirius’s bike?

HAGRID
The very same. An’ last time yeh was on it, Harry, I could fit yeh in one hand!

MOODY
Good luck everyone, see you all in about an hour at the Burrow. On the count of thre. One….two…THREE!

Hagrid starts up the motorbike and SWOOSH they are up in the air. Harry looks back to see everyone else going off in different directions. They continue to rise higher into the air then SWOOSH out of no where about thirty hooded figured appear out of no where. Spells begin to start flying through the air. Hagrid quicky turns the bike and Harry holds on as most of his possessions and Hedwigs cage fall out of the sidecar.

HARRY
No…HEDWIG!

Harry reaches out and grabs the top of the cage in time but suddenly BOOM a green light hits the cage and Hedwig falls lifeless to the bottom of the cage.

HARRY
No…NO! Hedwig….Hedwig….

Harry holds the cage close to his chest as Hagrid continues to dodge the spells flying all around them. Harry looks back and notices Death Eathers closing in on all the others.

HARRY
Hagrid, we’ve got to go back. TURN AROUND!

HAGRID
My job’s ter get you there safe, Harry!

HARRY
Stop…STOP!

Hagrid continues to fly as a few Death Eaters chase them.

HARRY
Stupefy!

A spell flies from Harry’s wand and the Death Eaters scatter to avoid it.

HAGRID
Hold on, Harry, this’ll do for em!

Hagrid presses a green button near the fuel gage and out of no where bricks start flying out of the tail pipe and BAM hits one of the them in the head and he flies backwards off his broom. The other Death Eaters simply blow up the bricks as they fly towards them. The scene shifts to Moody on his broom with Mundungus holding on for life. They continue to avoid spells thrown at them.

MOODY
Take this!

He throws a spell at one of the Death Eaters and they are thrown back off of their broom.

MUNDUNGUS
How did they find out Moody!

MOODY
Shut up Mundungus!

SWOOSH there is a poof of smoke and appearing behind them is Voldemort himself flying quickly towards them.

MUNDUNGUS
It’s him. HE’S HERE MOODY! I can’t…he’ll kill me….

MOODY
Flecher you coward shut up and hold on!

Swoosh Moody turns quicky avoiding a spell. Voldemort pulls out a wand and points it at Mundungus.

MUNDUNGUS
No…..

VOLDEMORT
Avada…..

MUNDUNGUS
I didn’t sign on for this!

He closes his eyes and SWOOSH he is gone.

MOODY
FLETCHER!!!

VOLDEMORT
Kadavra!

BAM the spell hits Moody who falls off of his broom and Voldemort evaporates in a poof of smoke.

The scene cuts back to Harry and Hagrid still avoiding spells in the air.

HAGRID
Hold on Harry!

Hagrid presses the button again and BAM dragon fire burst from the exhaust and the motorbike shoots forwards. The sidecar begins to sway from the force and twisting violently.

HAGRID
I’m on it, Harry, don’ worry!

Hagrid pulls out his pink umbrella and points it at the side car.

HARRY
Hagrid! No! Let me!

HAGRID
REPARO!

BOOM the spell hits the sidecar but instead of fixing it it blasts it away from the bike and Harry, along with the sidecar, begin to fall. Spells continue to hit the sidecar as Harry falls. He looks up and notices Hagrid had turned around and is flying towards him. Harry turns around and throws a spell at a coming Death Eater that he avoided but ran into another Death Eater knocking him off the his broom. Hagrids hand reaches down and grabs Harry pulling him onto the bike as the sidecar continues to fall. Harry looks down at the falling sidecar.

HARRY
Confringo!

BAM the sidecar explodes and Harry looks away from the sight. The blast knocked a Death Eater back and the other vanished.

HAGRID
Harry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I shouldn’ta tried ter repair it meself….yeh’ve got no room….

HARRY
It’s not a problem, just keep flying….

Once again Death Eaters appear and start throwing spells at them. Harry blocks a few of them and throws a counter jinx at one knocking his hood off and recognizes STAN SHUNPIKE.

HARRY
Stan?

Stan points his wand at Harry, a blank look in his eyes.

HARRY
Expelliarmus!

STAN
That’s him, it’s him, it’s the real one!

All the death eaters stop following and disappear as Hagrid and Harry continue to fly quickly through the air.

HAGRID
Harry, what’s happened? Where’ve they gone?

HARRY
I don’t know!

HAGRID
Hold on Harry…we’re almost…..

Harry lets out a scream of pain as he grabs his scar. Then SWOOSH Voldemort appears flying quickly towards them with a look of anger in his eyes. Hagrid starts to descend on the bike and Harry holds on for dear life. A Death Eater pulls out his wand and is inches away from them.

HAGRID
NO!!!!

Hagrid lunges off the bike and onto the Death Eater and they both fall towards the earth. Harry, eyes closed, begins to scream out in pain.

VOLDEMORT
Avada….

Harry’s wand points at Voldemort then BOOM a spurt of golden fire shots out hitting the remaining Death Eater.

VOLEMORT
No!

Harry pushes the green button and BOOM the bike accelerates again. Harry looks back and notices Voldemort taking another Death Eaters wand and flying towards him and then he stops and SWOOSH hi vanished. Harry looks down and notices Hagrid spread eagle on the ground.

HARRY
Hagrid!

He pulls back on the handle bars but it continues to head quickly towards the ground. Harry lets out a scream and the screen goes black.

INT. TONKS RESIDENCE-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

TED TONKS (Offscreen)
Harry…Harry Potter…

Harry opens his eyes and see’s TED TONKS looking down on him. He sits up slowly and notices he’s sitting in a living room.

HARRY
Hagrid….

TED
He’s fine, son. The wife’s seeing to him now. How are you feeling? I’m Ted Tonks, Dora’s father.

HARRY
But….Voldemort….the Death Eaters….

TED
Hagrid told us everything and you’re fine. The protection we have up around our house stopped thm, they shouldn’t be able to get within a hundred yards of here.

Harry looks up as Hagrid and ANDROMEDA TONKS walk into the room.

HAGRID
Alrigh’ Harry?

HARRY
Fine….

TED
This is my wife Harry.

HARRY
Nice to meet you…Thanks for your help, both of you.

TED
Don’t mention it! Now you two should get off to the Portkey as soon as possible. Send Dora I love won’t you? Tell her we’re so proud of her.

HARRY
Proud?

TED
Yes…didn’t you hear? Dora and Remus Lupin got married?

HARRY
I didn’t….

Ted walks over and points to a small siver backed hairbrush laying on the table.

TED
There’s your Portkey.

He walks back over and grabs his wife’s arm. Harry and Hagrid both look at each other and put their hands on the Portkey. They both look at each other a moment and then SWOOSH they are gone.

EXT. THE BURROW-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a shot of the Burrow in the distance and SWOOSH Harry and Hagrid both appear and fall onto the ground. We see a light come on in the distance and figures start to run out of the house.

HAGRID
Alrigh’ Harry?

HARRY
Fine….

Harry notices MRS. WEASLEY and GINNY running quickly towards them. Mrs. Weasley throws her arms around Harry quickly.

MRS. WEASLEY
Thank goodness you’re all right!

HARRY
Is everyone else okay?

MRS. WEASLEY
I’m afraid not, come in dear. We’ll fill you in on everything.

INT. THE BURROW-LIVING ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry walks into the living room and everyone looks up at him. He notices George lying on the couch with a bandage around his head.

HARRY
What happened to him?

GINNY
Snape used the Sectumsempra spell on him, took his ear clean off.

Lupin jumps up and rushes towards Harry, placing his hands firmly on his shoulders and looking into his eyes.

LUPIN
What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office at Hogwarts!

HARRY
A…a grindylow in a tank, wasn’t it?

LUPIN
It’s him…We’ve been betrayed Harry. Voldemort knew that you were being moved tonight...someone…

HARRY
None of the Order would have told Voldemort we were moving tonight. He only caught up with me towards the end…

TONKS
He caught up with you?

RON
Blimey Harry how did you escape?

LUPIN
Not only that, but how did they figure out it was you.

HARRY
I…well…I don’t’ know really. I saw Stan Shunpike, remember he drove the Knight Bus. And I tried to disarm him instead of….well…he doesn’t know what he’s dong does he? He must’ve been Imperiused.

LUPIN
Harry, the time for Disarming is past! These people are trying to kill you! Atleast Stun if you aren’t prepared to kill!

HARRY
We were hundreds of feet up! Stan’s not himself and if I stunned him and he’d fallen, he’d have died the same as if I’d used Avada Kadavra!

LUPIN
You’re missing the point Harry…

HARRY
Am I? Correct me if I’m wrong but Expelliarmus saved me from Voldemort two years ago! I won’t blast people out of my way just because they’re there, that’s Voldemorts job!

They all stare at Harry who looks around the room and notices someone missing.

HARRY
Where’s Moody?

Everyone’s head drops at the mention of his name.

KINGSLEY
He didn’t make it Harry.

Harry turns around from all of them in the state of shock.

HARRY
I can’t stay here. You’re all in danger while I’m here. I don’t want…

MRS. WEASLEY
Don’t be silly! The whole point tonight was to get you here safely.

HAGRID
Yer not goin’ anywhere…

MR. WEASLEY
Look at what we went through to get you here.

GEORGE
Yeah, what about my bleeding ear?

They all turn and look at George who’s just awakened.

FRED
Are you all right?

GEORGE
Yeah, I feel saint like actually. You see brother…I’m holy. Holey
(He points at his missing ear)
Get it?

FRED
With the whole wide world of ear related humor before you, you go for holey?

HAGRID
See ‘arry you can’t go

GEORGE
Ear, Ear!

FRED
That’s better!

HARRY
Fine I’ll…stay. Is it alright if I go to bed?

MRS. WEASLEY
Of course dear. Do you want me to fetch Hedwig for you, I’ll put her up with the other owls.

Harry eyes fell. He hadn’t thought about it and it seems everyone else in the room

HARRY
Can I please…just go to sleep…

He turns and walks up the stairs leaving everyone in the living room.

INT. THE BURROW-RON’S ROOM-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Harry stirring in his sleep. Suddenly there is a FLASH

INT. MALFOY MANOR-DUNGEON-NIGHT

There is a man shown on the floor crying out in pain. He looks up and we see that it is OLLIVANDER. We then see Voldemort step into frame.

VOLDEMORT
CRUCIO!!

Ollivander screams out in pain as Voldemort stands over him cleary angry.

VOLDEMORT
You lied to Lord Voldemort Ollivander. You said that since Potter and I have the same core in our wands we won’t be able to fight one another, and that if I change wands I could destroy him.

OLLIVANDER
Please...no…I swear...I thought I thought…

VOLDEMORT
Lies! You sought to help him, to help him escape…me….

OLLIVANDER
The connection…. exists only between your two wands….

VOLDEMORT
Really?

He throws Lucius’s broken wand down in front of Ollivander

VOLDEMORT
Explain this then.

OLLIVANDER
No…I…I….

Voldemort points the wand at Ollivander again who starts to scream out in agony and FLASH

INT. THE BURROW-RONS ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

Harry opens his eyes and sits up panting hard.

INT. THE BURROW-ROOMS ROOM-MORNING’

The scene cuts to a shot of the Burrow in the morning. We then hear Hermione’s voice as the scene cuts to Harry sitting on his bed and Ron and Hermione are sitting across from him.

HERMIONE
Your scar wasn’t supposed to do that anymore Harry! You mustn’t let that connection open up again, Dumbledore wanted you to close your mind. Don’t let him get inside your head!

RON
And you say your wand acted on it’s on to destroy him?

HERMIONE
That’s impossible, I’m sure Harry just reacted instinctively.

HARRY
No Hermione, I’m telling you it wasn’t a spell I recognized. It’s like my wand had a power of it’s own….

There’s a knock on the door and Harry turns around and standing there with a birthday cake is Mrs. Weasley and Ginny.

MRS. WEASLEY, RON, GINNY and HERMIONE
Surprise!!

Ron pats him on the back and Hermione jumps up and hugs him before walking past Mrs. Weasley and Ginny out of the room.

RON
Didn’t think we’d forgotten your birthday did you mate?

HARRY
Yes, I’d forgotten myself. I’m seventeen!

RON
Which means you can do magic whenever you want now. Give it a go.

HARRY
Ok…

Notices a book near Ron’s bed

HARRY
Accio Book!

The book flies towards Harry and he catches it and reads the title.

HARRY
Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches…what…

Ron quickly grabs the book and stuffs it under his pillow.

MRS. WEASLEY
Yes, well come on down stairs dear everyone’s waiting!

She turns to leave and they all walk out of the room. Before heading downstairs Ginny grabs him by the arm.

GINNY
We need to talk.

They both back away and Ron turns around as they both walk into Ginny’s room and closes the door.

INT. THE BURROW-GINNY’S ROOM-MOMENTS LATER

The scene cuts to Ginny walking up to her window and looking out of it. Harry gazes around her room for a moment in silence.

GINNY
Happy seventeenth Harry.

She turns around and faces him.

GINNY
I couldn’t think of what to get you. I know you, Ron, and Hermione are taking off soon on some mission and…I didn’t know what would be useful.

HARRY
Ginny….

GINNY
Nothing too big, because you wouldn’t be able to take it with you. So then I thought, I’d like you to have something to remember me by, you know…just in case you meet someone else while you’re off doing whatever.

HARRY
I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin to be honest.

GINNY
There’s the silver lining I’ve been looking for

Ginny reaches in and kisses Harry. They continue to kiss until the door opens and Ron walks in. They break apart and stare at him.

RON
Oh…I was um…sent to fetch Harry.

Ginny walks out of the room and turns around.

GINNY
Happy birthday anyway, Harry.

She gives a slight smile and walks down the hall. Harry tries to walk out but Ron blocks his way.

RON
You ditched her. What are you doing now, messing her around?

HARRY
I’m not messing her around Ron….

RON
She was really cut up when you ended it…

HARRY
So was I. You know why I stopped it, and it wasn’t because I wanted to…

RON
Yeah? But you go snogging her now and she’s just going to get her hopes up again if you keep groping her every chance you get…

HARRY
It won’t happen again okay?

RON
Right then…well…everyone’s waiting…

Ron turns to walk downstairs and Harry follows.

Old August 16th, 2008, 2:15 am

I just read the start and realise how much I HATE having Hogwarts at the start.

Old August 16th, 2008, 2:21 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I just read the start and realise how much I HATE having Hogwarts at the start.

I knew that wouldn't go over well but like I said I'm just playing with ideas. I guess I wanted to really tie the end of HBP and the beginning of DH together. Also I wanted it to be a calm before the storm and since I'm making 2 movies i'm trying to come up with a story as I go along

It's kind of like the end of innocence. First movie we see Harry going towards Hogwarts..this once Dumbledore's dead and they're leaving..never to come back again...and in leaving there's a storm brewing.

I know corny but that was my thought process Keep reading though

Old August 16th, 2008, 2:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozenone View Post
Keep reading though
Oh the rest is fine

Old August 16th, 2008, 2:05 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tking View Post
Thanks. Your scripts are really interesting to read too. You realise just how hard it is for Kloves and Goldenberg when adapting such a complex story, right?
Oh yeah

I've tried SO hard to leave a fav moment from the books in but they usually end up cut

It can be a bit frustrating and I'm doing this for fun! If I were being paid and had deadlines I can only imagine how stressed I'll be. Finding that balance between being a fan...but still looking at it as a movie..can be tough.

Even now with my DH pt. 1 script..I'd put in a line where Harry acknowledges that Andromeda looks like Bella and she tells him that's her sister aswell as Narcissa...but afterwards it just seemed odd Alot of character moments (and development) are lost in scripts because there's SO much going on with the main character.

*sigh* Now I have to figure out how to work the Ministry subplot in (I was all for cutting this scene ever since I read it...BUT since it's two films now I need SOMETHING to liven up the middle )

Old August 17th, 2008, 5:39 am

Ok, so for my 1000th post I wanted to go back to the routes of my 1st - this thread

Recently I got out the old script and wrote another page An effort in itself!

So I'll post the couple of pages beforehand (I'm unsure If I've posted before) and this new bit!

1000th Post Script-bit of PS:    

The Potions Master/The Midnight DuelINT. HAGRID’S HUT - HOGWARTS - AFTERNOON

Hagrid holds back a boarhound as Ron and Harry make there way inside.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Back, Fang, back!

Harry and Ron sit down.

HARRY POTTER
This is Ron.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Another Weasley, eh? I spent half me life chasin' yer twin brothers away from the forest.

EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS - LATE AFTERNOON

The trees of the Forbidden Forest ripple behind Hagrid’s Hut.

INT. HAGRID’S HUT - HOGWARTS - LATE AFTERNOON

Harry, Ron and Hagrid eat rock cakes.

HARRY POTTER
But Snape seemed to really hate me.

RUBEUS HAGRID
(Unconvincingly)
Rubbish! Why should he?
(To Ron)
How's yer brother Charlie? I liked him a lot - great with animals.

While Hagrid and Ron talk, Harry notices a newspaper clipping on the table:

DAILY PROPHET (V.O.)
Gringotts Break-in latest. Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31 July, widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown. Gringotts goblins today insisted that nothing had been taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied the same day.

HARRY POTTER
(Suddenly looking up)
Hagrid! That Gringotts break-in happened on my birthday! It might've been happening while we were there!

Hagrid grunts and doesn’t meet Harry’s eyes. Harry stares at the picture accompanying the article, of the vault that Hagrid and him visited.

INT. GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM - HOGWARTS - MORNING

A shot of a notice: “First-year flying lessons. Gryffindor and Slytherin - Thursday morning.”

INT. GREAT HALL - HOGWARTS - MORNING

Harry and Ron eat breakfast.

HARRY POTTER
Typical. Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy.

RON WEASLEY
You don't know that you'll make a fool of yourself. Anyway, I know Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk.

Just then, hundreds of owls erupted from the ceiling, all carrying mail. Harry looks a little saddened at the fact he has no mail. Neville unwraps a package.

NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM
It's a Remembrall! Gran knows I forget things - this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red - oh…
(The Remembrall turns red.)
You've forgotten something…

Draco Malfoy passes the Gryffindor table and snatches the Remembrall out of Neville’s hands.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL
What’s going on?

NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM
Malfoy's got my Remembrall, Professor.

Malfoy drops the Remembrall back down.

DRACO MALFOY
Just looking.

EXT. HOGWARTS GROUNDS
Twenty mediocre broomsticks lie on the ground.

ROLANDA HOOCH
Well what are you waiting for? Everyone stand by a broomstick. Come on, hurry up.

The ten Slytherin first-years and the ten Gryffindor first-years do so.

ROLANDA HOOCH (CONT’D)
Stick your right hand over your broom and say ‘Up’

ALL
Up

Harry’s broom jumps into his hand at once. Harry is a little surprised. A few others brooms now slided into hands. Hermione Granger’s broom simply rolls over on the ground and Neville Longbottom’s doesn’t move at all.

That's it for the moment!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Harry Potter > Muggle Studies