Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

The Gameboy Thread

Old October 27th, 2007, 3:26 am
Fourth Year

Re: The Gameboy Thread

I have yet to win Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 -- I had to use the flute to get by world 7 (way to hard at the last levels in that world) And now I think I am on the last level of world eight, or on the second to last. So I've ALMOST won the game, but not quite yet.

And thanks for the Zelda suggestions.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:11 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy View Post
Mine as well, though I prefer the original version.

BTW, what was your NSider name?
Why? Just wondering... , it was Box9Missingo, were you on there? If you were, what was yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffiegrrl View Post
I have yet to win Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 -- I had to use the flute to get by world 7 (way to hard at the last levels in that world) And now I think I am on the last level of world eight, or on the second to last. So I've ALMOST won the game, but not quite yet.

I haven't beaten it either -- I'm stuck in world 3, darn Boss Bass keeps on killing me . No matter what I do -- jump on him, shoot him with fireballs... he keeps on coming back and does it time after time . It's getting very old, very fast.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old October 28th, 2007, 1:07 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Why? Just wondering... , it was Box9Missingo, were you on there? If you were, what was yours?
I was cardinalguy there, too. Joined in '04, made it to Hammer Bro (though if it weren't for post count, I would have hit Warpstar Knight).

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary.
Old October 28th, 2007, 1:35 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy View Post
I was cardinalguy there, too. Joined in '04, made it to Hammer Bro (though if it weren't for post count, I would have hit Warpstar Knight).
Nice, I would have been near Plumber myself -- if it weren't for the high postcount and few other stats , I joined in 04' as well, and made it to Pianta .

Back on topic: What was the hardest Game Boy game that you ever played?

For me, it was Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. The puzzles and boss battles were challenging and made the game that much more of a pain to beat.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; October 28th, 2007 at 1:45 am.
Old October 28th, 2007, 2:10 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Back on topic: What was the hardest Game Boy game that you ever played?

For me, it was Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages. The puzzles and boss battles were challenging and made the game that much more of a pain to beat.
Metroid II: Return of Samus for me.

Old November 4th, 2007, 10:38 pm
Master of Divination

Quote:
I've borrowed Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past/Four swords, and Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.
I can't believe I forgot Superstar Saga...that was like the best game...the DS sequel was pretty awesome as well. I also played LTTP/FS, the multiplayer was cool.

Old November 4th, 2007, 10:50 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitunen View Post
I can't believe I forgot Superstar Saga...that was like the best game...the DS sequel was pretty awesome as well. I also played LTTP/FS, the multiplayer was cool.
The multi-player looked so cool, but undortunately I never have people to link up with. (Haha, -- LINK up --- Link as in zelda...)

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old December 1st, 2007, 5:28 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:

I Am quoting myself here, because I just beat this game again yesterday (And only skipping world 7 -- Which I am going back to get through, don't worry) And I've realised that I did beat the game once before. So anyway, I was looking on the internet for a walkthrough the other day and found out all sorts of things about the game that I never knew how to do on purpose (such as the coin ship and the white mushroom houses. I've gotten them before, but I never knew how to get them before if you know what I mean).

I also learned there is more than one warp whistle to get! :3 And if you keep playing World 1 - 3 after you've beaten the game, you can get unlimited Warp whistles...Which of course doesn't do you anymore good, anyway, but still.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old December 1st, 2007, 8:13 pm

Quote:
I Am quoting myself here, because I just beat this game again yesterday (And only skipping world 7 -- Which I am going back to get through, don't worry) And I've realised that I did beat the game once before. So anyway, I was looking on the internet for a walkthrough the other day and found out all sorts of things about the game that I never knew how to do on purpose (such as the coin ship and the white mushroom houses. I've gotten them before, but I never knew how to get them before if you know what I mean).

I also learned there is more than one warp whistle to get! :3 And if you keep playing World 1 - 3 after you've beaten the game, you can get unlimited Warp whistles...Which of course doesn't do you anymore good, anyway, but still.
Wow, congrats on beating it again ! By the way, do you know how to beat Boss Bass in World 3-3 (if I remember correctly)? I've been having a heckuva time against him -- I tried every trick that I know to beat that level, shooting at him with fire balls as Fire Mario, etc., but nothing works. The dang fish keeps on killing me ...

Old December 2nd, 2007, 3:42 am
Fourth Year

What I've done is have fire Mario, kill the Boss Bass and then run to the nearest highest point, then wait until he reappears and then kill him again, quickly running to the nearest highest point again, then waiting, etc. That's what worked for me, anyway. I hate those levels with the jumping fish. >.<

Speaking of being stuck on a level, I was stuck on the only castle/fortress in world eight FOREVER, and finally looked up on the internet how to do it, and would you know that the solution was right there and I'd kept going into the door before the one I was supposed to go into, and totally not seeing the one I was supposed to go in.

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan

Last edited by griffiegrrl; December 2nd, 2007 at 3:44 am.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 7:54 pm

Quote:
What I've done is have fire Mario, kill the Boss Bass and then run to the nearest highest point, then wait until he reappears and then kill him again, quickly running to the nearest highest point again, then waiting, etc. That's what worked for me, anyway. I hate those levels with the jumping fish. >.<

Speaking of being stuck on a level, I was stuck on the only castle/fortress in world eight FOREVER, and finally looked up on the internet how to do it, and would you know that the solution was right there and I'd kept going into the door before the one I was supposed to go into, and totally not seeing the one I was supposed to go in.
Oh, I see -- thanks. So do I, along with the levels with the Angry Sun and Lakitu ...

Old December 3rd, 2007, 1:37 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Oh, I see -- thanks. So do I, along with the levels with the Angry Sun and Lakitu ...
Urgh. Tell me about it. Almost every level in world 5 had that darn Lakitu in it. x(

SHIP OF THE MOMENT:
Usako and Mamo-chan
Old December 3rd, 2007, 2:26 pm

Quote:
Urgh. Tell me about it. Almost every level in world 5 had that darn Lakitu in it. x(
I know -- those eval Lakitu ... I was able to jump on them at times and shoot them down with fire balls. But they'd always come back for revenge .

Old June 24th, 2008, 12:25 pm
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

I just bought Final Fantasy V for my GBA, and I'm really liking it so far.

I think my favorite game on the GBA was LoZ: Minish Cap. I loved the little fusing sidequest.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old December 12th, 2008, 4:08 am
Banned

I'm not sure which Gameboy I've got. It might be the SP, but I'm not sure. You flip it open though. I can't give anymore of a description than that. I own a couple of games, but my absolute favorite Gameboy games are the Mario games. They are awesome! I own Mario 1, 2, and 3 and on all of them is the original game which I think is even better than the newer ones. Have they stopped making Gameboy games? When I go to the store I still see some, but most of what is there is Nentindo DS and barely any games for Gameboy.

Old December 12th, 2008, 5:02 am
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBloodGirl View Post
I'm not sure which Gameboy I've got. It might be the SP, but I'm not sure. You flip it open though. I can't give anymore of a description than that. I own a couple of games, but my absolute favorite Gameboy games are the Mario games. They are awesome! I own Mario 1, 2, and 3 and on all of them is the original game which I think is even better than the newer ones. Have they stopped making Gameboy games? When I go to the store I still see some, but most of what is there is Nentindo DS and barely any games for Gameboy.
Alas, they have stopped making GBA games, so unless you can find them used, your SP will have to make do with what it has.

I agree about the Mario Advance series, though I prefer them on their original systems.

Old December 12th, 2008, 6:38 am
Registered Animagus

I have an original GameBoy and a GameBoy colour from the good old days. Love it. My favourite game is Donkey Kong Country 1 on GBC. Great game

Old February 25th, 2009, 10:21 pm
Student

I actually just found my old gameboy color last night! I loved that thing when I was a kid. I went back and played some of my old games. I can remember my favorites where The Lion King, Frogger 2 and Donkey Kong.

My dad's a teacher and I can remember he confiscated somebody's old Donkey Kong game and gave it to me.

Old February 26th, 2009, 1:19 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

We actually have one of those printers they made for one of the incarnations of the gameboy. Absolutely no idea if it still works or not.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games