Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Iain M. Banks

Old May 12th, 2012, 5:43 pm
First Year

Iain M. Banks

I did not see a thread for Iain M. Banks so I decided to start one, sorry if there is already a thread of him that I missed! I just thought this guy deserves to be mentioned, he is definitely one of my all-time favorite scifi authors! (http://www.iain-banks.net/books/ I love Excession, and The Player of Games). Banks is a scientist and it shows in his books, they are extremely well constructed and the world he is creating is very realistic. Somehow I have always liked more realistic scifi worlds ("darker" worlds, like in Ridley Scott's Alien) and not so much Start Trek type worlds with shining white spaceships, where everything is somehow so "clean" and people look like characters of an old comic book ... No offense to Star Trek fans! There is nothing wrong with ST, it just represents the type of scifi that does not appeal to me in particular

Last edited by Exodus2000; December 18th, 2012 at 11:06 pm.
Sponsored Links
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy