Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Final Fantasy

Old July 28th, 2003, 6:40 am
First Year

My favourite character is Cid 8-)

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2003, 1:32 pm
Third Year

My favourite chatacter is squall and cloud I just love oversized swords, they look so cool.

Old July 28th, 2003, 2:24 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikyo
Oh, and Nanaki rocks. As does Auron and Rikku. As well as Freya Crescent.
Well, thankyou very much! Har har.

I just beat FF9 this weekend, and I adored it. Yes, Freya is my favourite character. I'm still working on FF7, it's a real beast. FF8 kind of sucked in comparison, I'm not too fond of it. And I really like FFX. Lulu is just.. great ^_^

Old July 30th, 2003, 4:39 pm
Second Year

I've played FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF10, so far my favorite of all times is FF10, I thought the ending was kinda weird though...Anyway, I'm still trying to beat FF7 but it turns out it's real hard...I liked FF8 but it wasn't my favorite and I didn't really like FF9 at all...

Old July 30th, 2003, 11:11 pm
First Year

i love the ff series also. my 2 favorites are ff7 and ff9. the chrono series is awesome also. chrono trigger is one of the best games of all time, and crono is one of my favorite characters in any video game.

Old August 6th, 2003, 1:08 am
First Year

the only one i've ever played was 2, but i loved it. i've had the game for probably ten years and actually just beat it 2 weeks ago. i was so excited. i kept getting stuck and giving up for like a year or two. i've always wanted to play more of them though, maybe i will now after reading all this.

Old August 6th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Zonko's Employee

I did play FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10 and
Mystic Quest, Secret of Mana and have FF6.
I played through FF7 and FF9, Mystic Quest and Secret of Mana.

Now to my by far favouriet game its FF7 there is no RPG out there which caught me like that. I bought it 1997 and needed till 2001 to get ride off it. I mean really ride. See all the secrets, not all but so that I could understand it. Its like a strange unclear windows this game it make you confused and you starts to ask what the hell they are playing. But now I know this is propably one off the amazings storys I ever played and this say something. No FF game after it could catch me like that I mean FF8 wasn't that difficult story not really there wasn't a hidding meaning and you didn't get at the end that you are not the real hero. I mean square did a great deal to slow the story plot down in FF8 and FF9(which I was greatly disapointment) FF9 appears like a little break to that heavy stuff which was in FF7.
At the first look FF7 is very much confusing but as fast as you get caught you get what this is all about.
I really hope that square will someday relace FF7 again but I speak about a vision which has much better graphics something what such a story deserve.
Just look today if I get today a RPG the graphic is great, amazing and yet I lay the pad down because the story don't caught me like FF8 and FF10. By FF9 this game was that short I didn't need to lay it down because I might be bored. By FF8 was it my problem to search things without any fun to sit there stupidy and search and search I mean this was by FF7 much more fun because there was a subplot. Though I adore the videos of FF8 especially the beginning is the highlight but still if you play it its kinda boring.
FF10 is again till a point nice but not that great. Nice videos and all this stuff even the story is kinda nice though on somepoints I just shake my head. I know FF7 was sometimes just like that but with stupid tactless charm of cloud you just sit there and laugh about it.
Alone how FF7 starts and how Cloud speak with Barret. Hey there is tension, fun but by FF8 or 10 is it too much willing to entertain not naturell.
How you see I really like this serie and I think I have to play FF6 someday because this I have heard is nearly so good like FF7 so just perfect for me.

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three

Old August 6th, 2003, 1:38 pm
First Year

I have FFIV,FFVIII, FFIX, I've beat FFVIII, and FFIX.

Old August 6th, 2003, 6:12 pm
First Year

I don't have a playstation so I played all of them up to 6. I played a bit of 7 and 10 at friends' houses and stuff. The later ones are definitely cool in the music and graphics catagories but the early ones are good too.

Old September 7th, 2003, 1:55 am
Fifth Year

I love the FF series. I've played: FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF10. I've beaten: FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF10. My favorites of them is FF7 and FF9. The other ones out there look really dumb like FF6 and below. I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy X-2! Some of the cool characters I like are Sephoroth, Blank, Nanaki, and Amarant.

Old September 7th, 2003, 2:01 am
Fifth Year

I forgot to mention Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie! And, I heard a rumor that there's going to be another FF direct sequel besides FF X-2, I'm not sure to which one but I think it may be to FF7.

Old September 7th, 2003, 3:30 am
Fifth Year

There's a rumor that there will be a sequal to FF7, and no one from SquareEnix has discredited it yet! FF7 is my second favorite Final Fantasy, so I'll be pretty excited if it turns out to be true!

Anyway, back on topic. I've played Final Fantasy 4, 7, a *tiny* bit of 8, and 10. My favorite is 10, even though Tidus is a wuss. My least favorite, from what I've played and seen, is FF8. And I'm trying to save up to buy FF9, but with X-2 and FF Tactics Advanced coming out soon, that will have to wait

Old September 7th, 2003, 10:19 pm
Master Graphics Designer

Once again, I demonstrate my inexperience in video games! I only have FF10, and haven't even finished yet. I'm in the Calm Lands at the moment. But I really think this is a spectacular game. My favorite character is Auron.

Old September 8th, 2003, 12:00 am
First Year

Actually Square is making sequels to their other projects besides
FFX ,

Kingdom Hearts 2
FF7
FF Tactics advance said to be sequel to Tactics ???????

Old September 8th, 2003, 10:46 pm
Fifth Year

Yes, I think FF Tactics Advanced is the sequel to FF Tactics. Read here:

Quote:
Final Fantasy Tactics is being brought back, only to the Gameboy Advance, in a much anticipated and improved sequel, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

The gem in the eyes of RPG fans everywhere, Final Fantasy, returns to Nintendo for the first time in nearly a decade. The portable sequel to Final Fantasy Tactics, being released for the Game Boy Advance, is officially named Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. The game is set to release on September 8, 2003.
It's from RPG Players Realm (http://www.rpgplayersrealm.com/) And I KNOW I read an article on FFVII-2 possible in the works, but I can't seem to find it. BTW, FF Tactics comes out today, w00t!

EDIT: Did a search on Google for FFVII-2, and I got this, posted back in May 2003:
Quote:
On the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII-2, Nomura said that the chances of it happening are unrealistic. Nomura explained that Final Fantasy X-2 was able to be released since it utilized the Final Fantasy X engine, allowing production of the game in one year at only half the usual development scale of a Final Fantasy title. However, to make Final Fantasy VII-2, everything would most likely have to be created again from scratch since the data from the original Final Fantasy VII cannot be used. Thus, producing a Final Fantasy VII-2 would require the development scale of a normal Final Fantasy title.
I also got this, posted in January 2003:
Quote:
In light of the new FF X-2 announcement, Yoshinori Kitase is considering a sequel to the immensely popular Final Fantasy VII. Apparently, much of the staff agrees with this, as does Tetsuya Nomura. Though, Yoshinori stated that he _did not_ want to let down legions of fans with a poor sequel, thus no plans are set in stone.
From http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/final...s_6026421.html and http://www.solinari.com/games/gamenews.php/15/198, respectively. So, it looks like it isn't in the works as of May 2003

Last edited by HannahStarr; September 8th, 2003 at 10:55 pm.
Old September 10th, 2003, 1:17 am
Fifth Year

So screw me for double posting - my last one from yesterday is long enough! I was rereading over the thread, and someone mentioned about if they made a sequal to FFVII, how fans would go berserk if Aeris was brought back. I totally agree on that - I mean, every hardcore FF fan went nuts when Kingdom Hearts came out and Aeris (Aerith) was in it, alive and well. It was really scary, my friend was going wacko, and she doesn't even have a PS2 to play KH on!

Old September 11th, 2003, 2:45 am
First Year

I wonder what Kingdom Hearts 2 would be like get rid of Sora and put in Cloud
Or Squall as the Main Hero

Old September 11th, 2003, 7:01 am
Second Year

ohhh I am soooo excited about FFX-2 you guys just have no idea. haha. I have played almost all the FF's and own most of them (I don't have a lot of the offshoots like FF: Tatics).

Check out Koda Kumi's video called "Real EMOTION" at http://www.ffx2.net/ (It's not avialable in the states or available for purchase anywhere... so is it okay to post where people can download it???) It's got a bunch of Sneek preveiws PLUS it's the theme song to FFX-2 (It's in Japanese in the video, but there is an English version for when the game gets shipped in December). Totaly worth seeing! It made me drool when I saw it. You can also get the English version of the song there (AGAIN not available in the states)... It's an awesome song too, was a big hit in Japan.

My favorite game is FF9... though FF10 runs a very close second...I love them all in different ways... hehe.

Is anyone excited about FF11?????? OMG!!! Online gaming in the Final Fantasy world? That should be cool

Old September 15th, 2003, 2:04 am
Fifth Year

Yeah, I can't wait until X-2 comes out either! As for FF 7-2...I've heard so many rumors on this, it is quite possible there would be one because, heck, even OPM(which stands for Official Playstation Magazine) had an article on it. Now that right there signals there is a strong chance that this rumor is quite true. Anyway, I think Final Fantasy 11 is also going to be awesome although I'm really into X-2. Just think, it's an online game. And you and your friends can play together and have up to 17 members in a single party online!!! Man is this going to be cool! Oh, I forgot to mention that those of you who don't know, ther official releasee date for X-2 should be December 5, 2003. It's on my Christmas wish-list, hehe.

Old November 12th, 2003, 5:58 pm
Banned

Well I am not sure this should go here and if not then it can go anywhere, it fact it can even be deleted if its not a good thread (only kidding about the last remark ).

I have been searching the web for picture computer graphics and general information on the game Final Fantasy XII and found information reguarding the delayed release date due to the Dragon Warrior V release as shown in the link below. The release date for Japan has been given but for usa and europe there has as yet been no confirmation of when the game will be released. I know its now not going to be released by mid-next year and that annoys me a great deal.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12/ff12.html

There is also a very small review and poster to promote the game.
Finding information reguarding Final Fantasy X11 based on what the story is about and what the graphics look like has proven difficult. I keep finding sites but there all in Japanese and I can not speak or read Japanese.

So has anyone found any useful sites in english/usa so that I can at least get sneak at what the game is going to look like and read the previews.

Jillyweed, would be very greatful of any assistance to this, thankyou.

p.s. looking at the graphics on the Japanese version makes me cringe. Do the graphics change depending upon which country your in, to suit that countries style?

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games