Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction

The Hunger Games

Old October 26th, 2012, 7:46 pm
Banned

Re: The Hunger Games

Yes, the epilogue was kind of anticlimactic. I didn't like it much either.

I wonder how Gale is faring in peacetime?

Last edited by LyannaS; November 11th, 2012 at 10:05 pm. Reason: I mistyped "episode" for "epiloque"
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2012, 1:30 pm
Sixth Year

He's probably not doing so good.

I liked how it ended because it wasn't all happily ever after. It showed that both Katniss and Peeta still have burdens to bear because of their time in the arena. You can't get over stuff like that so easily, and I like how Collins showed that.

Old November 11th, 2012, 10:07 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
[About Gale]He's probably not doing so good.
What makes you say that? Just curious.

Quote:
I liked how it ended because it wasn't all happily ever after. It showed that both Katniss and Peeta still have burdens to bear because of their time in the arena. You can't get over stuff like that so easily, and I like how Collins showed that.
I like the song that Katniss sings to her children, about being safe in "the place where I love you" - I think it's beautiful.

Old November 12th, 2012, 2:55 pm
Sixth Year

Spoiler: show
I just think that Gale has a lot of regrets, and he knows that Katniss will always think it was his weapons that killed Prim in that fashion. I just can't see him going on and living life the way he wants it without regrets. I'm sure Katniss has regrets as well.

Old November 13th, 2012, 3:22 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I just think that Gale has a lot of regrets, and he knows that Katniss will always think it was his weapons that killed Prim in that fashion. I just can't see him going on and living life the way he wants it without regrets. I'm sure Katniss has regrets as well.
I agree with you very much. I feel that their time in the Arena, and the fact that many people have died for them, will stick to them forever.

I think I missed something (I was rushing the last book, so I didn't fully understand the ending), because I don't remember Katniss ever confronting Gale, or Gale ever admitting to it (however, I knew Katniss thought that it was Gale's fault Prim died). Is that why Gale never came back to Katniss while Peeta did?

Quote:
I agree there, too. It showed how hard their life was, and how they will never really be able to get over the fact that they were in the Arena, watching kids die.

Let's be friends on Pottermore:
DragonMoonstone16649
Old November 13th, 2012, 7:23 am
Banned

I seem to remember Katniss asking Gale if it was his bomb there at the end, and he said he didn't know, wan't sure. But I may be mistaken.

You're right, Katniss and Peeta, having been in the arena and having had people die for them, have a lot in common, that Gale doesn't share, can never share. I think Gale knows this, and also knows that if he ever got back with Katniss (which was unlikely), that bomb that killed Prim would always be there between them or hovering over their heads. Gale thought he was right, fighting fire with fire, and discovered that it was a very very dangerous fight. That it could be a heart-breaking one.

This said, I believe that in time he may find a little peace of mind, or at least come to terms with what he's done. They're still all so young. But I may be optimistic, because I can't help liking Gale and feeling sorry for him.

I think the best thing that the Mockingjay did was to kill Coin. She's no better than Snow. That notion of having Hunger Games for Capitol children to end the war... *shudder*

Last edited by LyannaS; November 13th, 2012 at 7:26 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction