Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

What are you playing at the moment?

Old February 4th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Re: What are you playing at the moment?

Bioshock because I'm eagerly awaiting Bioshock 2's release on Tuesady!

Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2010, 9:59 pm
Suteki da ne

FFX-2. From the beginning. No New Game Plus for me this time

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old February 5th, 2010, 9:47 am
Registered Animagus

Metroid trilogy on Wii. Hoping to get the new Zelda DS game this week

Old February 16th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

Both Pokémon Colosseum and the new Mario game for the Wii. Like them both .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old February 17th, 2010, 4:42 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Bioshock 2 and Gears of War 2. (both replays) Finished Dante's Inferno a few days ago.

Old February 18th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapegirl View Post
Bioshock 2 and Gears of War 2. (both replays) Finished Dante's Inferno a few days ago.
Awesome, a friend of mine played the demo not too long ago. Man that game looks majorly hard.

I'm just biding my time until the re-release of Pokémon Gold and Silver... I'm getting Soul Silver myself...

won't be able to play for a bit though, until I get a new battery for my DS, but it's going to be worth it .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old March 2nd, 2010, 11:13 pm
First Year

ATM I'm having a blast with Dragon Age: The Origins. I'm a bit slow on the uptake, sadly.

Anyway, DA is turning out to be quite the adventure. Recommended to any who loves their fantasy oriented rpg out there.

s i r i u s b l a c k . s e v e r u s s n a p e

Old March 3rd, 2010, 2:36 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

I've been playing Heavy Rain, Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition, and should be getting Battlefield Bad company 2 today.

I've been playing Phantom Hourglass too.

Old March 4th, 2010, 12:26 pm
Second Year

I was playing Pokémon Pearl but after having the game for three days I realized that it was a bootleg
I'm going to return the game to gamestop and inform them about it and I'm thinking about getting platinum instead.

This is the second time I bought a used game at gamestop that turned out to be a bootleg, thankfully not at the same store

Old March 4th, 2010, 5:21 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieMonkie View Post
ATM I'm having a blast with Dragon Age: The Origins. I'm a bit slow on the uptake, sadly.

Anyway, DA is turning out to be quite the adventure. Recommended to any who loves their fantasy oriented rpg out there.
Oh I am LOVING Dragon's Age (though I've only played a tiny tiny bit of it). Its not just a really great RPG and fun to play but its hilarious! Does anyone else just find themselves cracking up at Alistair? Or maybe I'm just crazy lol

My fiance was making fun of me cause I made my character to look kinda like a supermodel. Tanned/blonde/pretty face, and he kept trying to get me to change it lol... each time there was a cut scene he'd freak out. Honestly, it doesn't bug me, hot girls can be great warriors too right?

Anyways, other than that... I'm play lots of WoW (kinda ugh, mainly doing it for social reasons to be with friends, I think I need to eventually escape completely ). Before that I was really getting into Fable 2 for a while, but the fiance's XBox broke and he took forever to send it back, 3 red lights of doom

Old March 4th, 2010, 5:44 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeline View Post
Oh I am LOVING Dragon's Age (though I've only played a tiny tiny bit of it). Its not just a really great RPG and fun to play but its hilarious! Does anyone else just find themselves cracking up at Alistair? Or maybe I'm just crazy lol

My fiance was making fun of me cause I made my character to look kinda like a supermodel. Tanned/blonde/pretty face, and he kept trying to get me to change it lol... each time there was a cut scene he'd freak out. Honestly, it doesn't bug me, hot girls can be great warriors too right?

Anyways, other than that... I'm play lots of WoW (kinda ugh, mainly doing it for social reasons to be with friends, I think I need to eventually escape completely ). Before that I was really getting into Fable 2 for a while, but the fiance's XBox broke and he took forever to send it back, 3 red lights of doom
Why does the way your character looks bother him? Look at all the other attractive video game heroines..Lara Craft, Jill Valentine.. the chick from Bayonetta whose name escapes me at the moment... I can go on and on..

Seriously, my character from Fallout 3 runs around wearing a Pre-war Spring pink dress and kills feral ghouls. Of course, women can be great warriors.

Old March 4th, 2010, 5:54 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Why does the way your character looks bother him? Look at all the other attractive video game heroines..Lara Craft, Jill Valentine.. the chick from Bayonetta whose name escapes me at the moment... I can go on and on..

Seriously, my character from Fallout 3 runs around wearing a Pre-war Spring pink dress and kills feral ghouls. Of course, women can be great warriors.
He was probably just purposefully trying to tease me maybe? And I can think of games where there are very hot girls you can play as your character... but if he was serious (and I think he was partially at least) maybe he also considers Dragon Age to be one of the ones where you're supposed to look all grizzly with blood all over yourself. Like you're this wilderness person who is always fighting and not living on much. Honestly I dont know haha

The funny thing is hes the one who plays a BE pally in WoW lol, I play a tauren druid... not so pretty

Old March 4th, 2010, 8:55 pm
Sixth Year

Fallout 3 (GotY edition, plus all the DLCs). I've maxed out on the level cap and now want to start new game, to try a different character type. Also, I rushed it a bit, so I missed out on a lot (I always do that. Silly. Silly), and I haven't found any of the rare guns I read about on the Fallout 3 wiki! Or half the places. Is that game huge or is it just me?

DA Origins is another one I'm enjoying. I thought the story is not quite as good as Baldur's Gate or even Mass Effect's was, but the party characters more than make up for it. Looking forward to Awakening.

Finally, Flight Simulator 2004. I recently re-installed it to make use of the excellent Kai Tak scenery I found, and all I can say is that I am in awe of the airliner pilots who flew into that airport. How they managed to stay on the glideslope all the way down the IGS and to the runway I'll never know, especially in bad weather.

Old March 4th, 2010, 9:07 pm
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

I'm putting off finishing LoZ: ST for now because I'm trying to get certain treasure in order to get some more train parts. So I bought another copy of LoZ: PH because mine had stopped working, and I'm playing my way through that now. ^_^ I forgot how much fun it was...

I'm also looking forward to getting FFXIII next week. Might even buy a PS3 just for the occasion...

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old March 4th, 2010, 9:27 pm
Second Year

I've gotten Pokémon Platinum now, why didn't I buy this first cause it was cheaper than the bootlegged Pearl I got earlier.

I love Pokémon

Old March 4th, 2010, 11:14 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicant View Post
I'm putting off finishing LoZ: ST for now because I'm trying to get certain treasure in order to get some more train parts. So I bought another copy of LoZ: PH because mine had stopped working, and I'm playing my way through that now. ^_^ I forgot how much fun it was...

I'm also looking forward to getting FFXIII next week. Might even buy a PS3 just for the occasion...
Not that i don't think you should get a PS3 (cause they rule), but FFXIII comes out for the 360 too. Or do you not want the 3 discs in comes on? Which i totally understand, what a pain.

I have the PS3 one on my gamefly Q.

Old March 4th, 2010, 11:41 pm

Quote:
Not that i don't think you should get a PS3 (cause they rule), but FFXIII comes out for the 360 too. Or do you not want the 3 discs in comes on? Which i totally understand, what a pain.

I have the PS3 one on my gamefly Q.
...I want all of the discs. They cut one out for the 360 version. So, yes - it's because of the three discs. We've wanted one for a while, but this is just my push into actually getting one. I know we probably shouldn't, as we have just about everything else available (a DS each, PSP, Wii, 360, PS2, and recently gave away our gamecube and xbox), but...a whole extra disc of stuff! What if there are extra weapons?? Extra side-quests??? I NEED THEM!

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Last edited by mexicant; March 5th, 2010 at 9:55 am. Reason: I fail at codes, apparently
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorafune View Post
I've gotten Pokémon Platinum now, why didn't I buy this first cause it was cheaper than the bootlegged Pearl I got earlier.

I love Pokémon
Awesome. Glad that you have a legit game now. I've been playing my copy of Fire Red as of late, in order to get ready for Pokémon Soul Silver. I pre-ordered my copy of it and I can't wait to play it .

Did you pre-order for HG/SS? (the re-releases of Gold and Silver)

Old March 5th, 2010, 12:28 am
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicant View Post
...I want [i]all]/i] of the discs. They cut one out for the 360 version. So, yes - it's because of the three discs. We've wanted one for a while, but this is just my push into actually getting one. I know we probably shouldn't, as we have just about everything else available (a DS each, PSP, Wii, 360, PS2, and recently gave away our gamecube and xbox), but...a whole extra disc of stuff! What if there are extra weapons?? Extra side-quests??? I NEED THEM!

I see.

we did that with fallout 3, bought for the PS3, but the DLCs started coming out on the 360, we couldn't wait for them to come out on the PS3, so we got the game and all the DLCs for the 360....then the game of the year edition with all the DLCs came out and we bought that too for the PS3.

Old March 12th, 2010, 6:58 pm

I'm now currently playing FFXIII.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games