Login  
 
 
Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #561  
Old February 2nd, 2016, 4:40 am
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 4882 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,944
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

So, I really liked the "Were-Monster" episode. Can't believe we're halfway through the mini-series already. Would feel better if they announce another 6 as this series draws to an end. Wonder what the odds are.....


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #562  
Old February 3rd, 2016, 1:42 am
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
So, I really liked the "Were-Monster" episode. Can't believe we're halfway through the mini-series already. Would feel better if they announce another 6 as this series draws to an end. Wonder what the odds are.....
I did too. Darin did one heck of a good job with it. It was definitely a love letter to the fans . I would too. But I'm betting it'll take some time on that end though. Hopefully sooner than later, and that Chris takes more of a supervisory role next time (not that it'll ever happen -- but I can always dream about that latter one).


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old February 3rd, 2016, 3:17 pm
Spacecadet's Avatar
Spacecadet  Female.gif Spacecadet is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Joined: 3437 days
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 2,242
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
So, I really liked the "Were-Monster" episode. Can't believe we're halfway through the mini-series already. Would feel better if they announce another 6 as this series draws to an end. Wonder what the odds are.....
yeah and i almost wish there was a bit more cohesion between the 6 episodes... the first two were linked but then this last one was not. I was hoping for more connectivity since there are so few episodes. That said I did like this latest episode


__________________
Proud member of both the G houses, Gryffindor and The House of Gator


*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old February 4th, 2016, 3:03 am
RemusLupinFan's Avatar
RemusLupinFan  Female.gif RemusLupinFan is offline
I want to believe
 
Joined: 4986 days
Location: The office in the basement
Posts: 5,897
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Ok, I liked both the 2nd and 3rd episodes quite a bit. The second one really felt like we were back in the X-Files. I liked the premise - a different spin on the whole "superhuman" theme. (thank goodness there were no supersoldiers!)

The third episode was on the same vein as ones like "Bad Blood". I liked it. And I could identify with Mulder when he started questioning what he was doing with his life. As an aside, I loved how they snuck in a tribute to Kim Manners, who, if I recall correctly, was someone who worked on the show who passed away.

Favorite quote: "Mulder, the internet is not good for you."


__________________

X-Files is the property of Ten Thirteen Productions, 20th Century Fox
WolfCloak30 Pottermore
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old February 4th, 2016, 6:59 am
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 4882 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,944
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
yeah and i almost wish there was a bit more cohesion between the 6 episodes... the first two were linked but then this last one was not. I was hoping for more connectivity since there are so few episodes. That said I did like this latest episode
Although most of the monster episodes in the original series didn't have any connectivity to anything. It feels true to form to me.


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old February 4th, 2016, 11:24 pm
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusLupinFan View Post
Ok, I liked both the 2nd and 3rd episodes quite a bit. The second one really felt like we were back in the X-Files. I liked the premise - a different spin on the whole "superhuman" theme. (thank goodness there were no supersoldiers!)

The third episode was on the same vein as ones like "Bad Blood". I liked it. And I could identify with Mulder when he started questioning what he was doing with his life. As an aside, I loved how they snuck in a tribute to Kim Manners, who, if I recall correctly, was someone who worked on the show who passed away.

Favorite quote: "Mulder, the internet is not good for you."
I liked the third the most. Same here . I really loved that.

My favorite quote: That's how I like MY Mulder. (She was supposed to be wearing an old Knicks t-shirt of Mulder's in that scene, but sadly they weren't able to get permission for it -- but it's still his shirt ... we can all guess what she might have wanted from there)

A huge thank you goes out to Darin Morgan for not only respecting the characters but also respecting their relationship. It's nice to see that he's come as far as he has .


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; February 4th, 2016 at 11:26 pm.
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old February 5th, 2016, 3:15 pm
Spacecadet's Avatar
Spacecadet  Female.gif Spacecadet is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Joined: 3437 days
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 2,242
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
Although most of the monster episodes in the original series didn't have any connectivity to anything. It feels true to form to me.
true to form yes, but they pitched it as a mini series, so I was hoping for at least a small thread connecting all the episodes instead of some random stories here and there. I dont mind the general stories being unrelated each week, just wish there was one common theme or issue throughout the 6 episodes as well.


__________________
Proud member of both the G houses, Gryffindor and The House of Gator


*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old February 9th, 2016, 5:17 am
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Tonight's ep was intense and it reminded me of the XF in the best way possible. Bravo Glen Morgan. Thank you so much sir.

On a side note, there's a Harry Potter nod in it!


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old February 10th, 2016, 3:08 pm
Spacecadet's Avatar
Spacecadet  Female.gif Spacecadet is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Joined: 3437 days
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 2,242
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Tonight's ep was intense and it reminded me of the XF in the best way possible. Bravo Glen Morgan. Thank you so much sir.

On a side note, there's a Harry Potter nod in it!
yes it was super intense. I like the build up about their son.

AND HOW IN THE HECK DID I MISS THE HP REFERENCE? I'm slacking!


__________________
Proud member of both the G houses, Gryffindor and The House of Gator


*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old February 11th, 2016, 3:48 am
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
yes it was super intense. I like the build up about their son.

AND HOW IN THE HECK DID I MISS THE HP REFERENCE? I'm slacking!
So did I. Glen did such a good job tying the past together with the present and respecting them as characters. I hope that they can get him for s11. He kicked butt.

Yep .

A couple of pieces of art based off the reference:

You're a dark wizard, Mulder -- xfilescookie, via tumblr

Voldemulder -- avocadoave, via tumblr


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; February 11th, 2016 at 4:00 am.
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old February 11th, 2016, 2:59 pm
Spacecadet's Avatar
Spacecadet  Female.gif Spacecadet is offline
Rocket Scientist
 
Joined: 3437 days
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 2,242
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
So did I. Glen did such a good job tying the past together with the present and respecting them as characters. I hope that they can get him for s11. He kicked butt.

Yep .

A couple of pieces of art based off the reference:

You're a dark wizard, Mulder -- xfilescookie, via tumblr

Voldemulder -- avocadoave, via tumblr

ahh it was very subtle gotcha


__________________
Proud member of both the G houses, Gryffindor and The House of Gator


*Sig image compliments of cybobbie
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old February 11th, 2016, 8:29 pm
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
ahh it was very subtle gotcha
Yep and classy .


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old February 14th, 2016, 2:25 am
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Got to see Babylon early courtesy of Hulu accidentally leaking it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still rather weird though.

Spoiler: show

It wasn't as religious as I thought it would be, but I can still see some people getting offended.

As for the hallucination... holy !

We get country dancing... a weird Californication butt scene (CC has a weird obsession with woman's butts ), a whipping scene... (so he has an obsession with that as well...), a scene in a boat with CSM and this bit is rather religious... and then back to reality. And a 50 shades of gray joke...

Most of the episode is ok, CC's writing is actually not too bad. I didn't mind it. But the hallucination was very strange.


Pretty much put this ep as my third favorite, behind 'Home Again' and 'Were-Monster'.


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; February 15th, 2016 at 4:55 am.
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old February 16th, 2016, 5:01 am
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 4882 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,944
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Got to see Babylon early courtesy of Hulu accidentally leaking it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still rather weird though.

Spoiler: show

It wasn't as religious as I thought it would be, but I can still see some people getting offended.

As for the hallucination... holy !

We get country dancing... a weird Californication butt scene (CC has a weird obsession with woman's butts ), a whipping scene... (so he has an obsession with that as well...), a scene in a boat with CSM and this bit is rather religious... and then back to reality. And a 50 shades of gray joke...

Most of the episode is ok, CC's writing is actually not too bad. I didn't mind it. But the hallucination was very strange.


Pretty much put this ep as my third favorite, behind 'Home Again' and 'Were-Monster'.
Everyone should have seen the new episode by now, but in case:
Spoiler: show
I don't think the scene in the boat is religious, it seems to be Egyptian mythology with the boat crossing over the river Styx with the nearly dead bombing suspect in the boat being held by his mother (obviously projected image interpretations by Mulder as he tries to sort out what's going on); this is how Mulder recognizes her outside the hospital. I think it's interesting that Mulder has a conversation with agent Einstein about perceptions of reality at the start, and then has a mind-altered experience without getting actual drugs -- possibly an indication that he really does believe it.

And hallucinations are typically more on the strange side than not, right?


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....

Last edited by HedwigOwl; February 16th, 2016 at 5:08 am.
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old February 17th, 2016, 2:19 am
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
Everyone should have seen the new episode by now, but in case:
Spoiler: show
I don't think the scene in the boat is religious, it seems to be Egyptian mythology with the boat crossing over the river Styx with the nearly dead bombing suspect in the boat being held by his mother (obviously projected image interpretations by Mulder as he tries to sort out what's going on); this is how Mulder recognizes her outside the hospital. I think it's interesting that Mulder has a conversation with agent Einstein about perceptions of reality at the start, and then has a mind-altered experience without getting actual drugs -- possibly an indication that he really does believe it.

And hallucinations are typically more on the strange side than not, right?
Spoiler: show
It was meant to be the Pieta, according to Chris. But what you mentioned makes sense too. Definitely. It was definitely different.

Yea they are. Just could have lived without some of it...

How did you like the ending? I thought it was better than I thought it would be.


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old February 19th, 2016, 6:06 am
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 4882 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,944
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
Spoiler: show
It was meant to be the Pieta, according to Chris. But what you mentioned makes sense too. Definitely. It was definitely different.

Yea they are. Just could have lived without some of it...

How did you like the ending? I thought it was better than I thought it would be.
Spoiler: show
I'm assuming the ending you're talking about is Mulder & Scully talking together? I liked that very much, excellent job by both actors.


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old February 19th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
Spoiler: show
I'm assuming the ending you're talking about is Mulder & Scully talking together? I liked that very much, excellent job by both actors.
Spoiler: show
Yep. That one. Too bad that it doesn't amount to anything! Damn it Chris. This season has been a waste.


A new CC interview

Source: tvinsider.com


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old February 20th, 2016, 7:38 pm
HedwigOwl's Avatar
HedwigOwl  Female.gif HedwigOwl is offline
Curse Breaker
 
Joined: 4882 days
Location: Surfing a Probability Wave
Posts: 6,944
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

After reading that interview I now have anxiety about what will happen in the last episode. I'm back to worrying about the characters....as if they are actual people I know (just like reading HP).


__________________
http://www.cosforums.com/images/img/401694897da473df47.png[/img]
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff...

....I miss David Tennant....
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old February 20th, 2016, 8:15 pm
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedwigOwl View Post
After reading that interview I now have anxiety about what will happen in the last episode. I'm back to worrying about the characters....as if they are actual people I know (just like reading HP).
I can relate . I'm a bundle of nerves myself too.


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old February 23rd, 2016, 1:44 am
Fawkesfan1's Avatar
Fawkesfan1  Female.gif Fawkesfan1 is offline
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs
 
Joined: 4543 days
Location: May spontaneously combust!
Posts: 7,573
Re: The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

It's almost time for the finale! Only around 4 minutes until it starts!


__________________

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.


Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:09 pm.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Original content is Copyright © MMII - MMVIII, CoSForums.com. All Rights Reserved.
Other content (posts, images, etc) is Copyright © its respective owners.