Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television

The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

Old May 5th, 2008, 11:54 pm
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeé & Scrambled Eggs

The X-Files (now including talk about the reboot (D&G incl.))

X-Files Reboot

What do you think will happen?

Will William be involved?

What will happen to M & S?

And what about Doggett and Reyes?

Will add in more questions as they come.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods, I did a search for a similar thread on the Television forums and could find no match.

Since the movie will be coming out soon enough... I figured what the heck, I might as well post a thread about this good sci-fi series . The Truth is out there .

It took me sometime to become a big fan of the series itself, but once I did, I watched each episode and had fun (for the most part) doing so.

How about all of you?

Who is your favorite character(s)? Least favorite?

What drew you into watching the show in the first place?

What was your favorite episode(s)? Least favorite?

Also here's something fun that I got off of LiveJournal, thanks goes out to xfiles community for it . Feel free to fill it out if you like.

1. first episode you ever saw -
2. favorite season -
3. least favorite season -
4. favorite season premiere -
5. least favorite season premiere -
6. favorite season finale -
7. least favorite season finale -
8. favorite villian -
9. least favorite villian -
10. shipper or noromo -
11. favorite head boss -
12. least favorite head boss -
13. funniest moment on the series -
14. scariest/creepiest episode -
15. last episode you watched -

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

Looking forward to seeing Mulder and Scully again in the new X Files episodes!

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; January 27th, 2015 at 1:22 am.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2008, 3:18 pm
First Year

Re: The X-Files

I'm a huge fan of the tv show and have watched every episode of it. And I am in the middle of rewatching the episodes right now, in preparation for the upcoming movie that is coming out this July .

Quote:
Doggett and Reyes. Cigarette Smoking Man and Kersh.

Quote:
Because it was based off sci-fi and was humorous and creatively written.

Quote:
X-Cops and Hollywood A.D.. The really bizarre episodes, such as Home.

#1 Rocky and Bullwinkle fan!!

Last edited by swiftphoenix9; May 11th, 2008 at 3:57 pm.
Old May 11th, 2008, 3:47 am
Sixth Year

I got into the x-files when i was 13 and had watched all the episodes by the time i was 14. One of my favorite shows of all time I'm a sucker for all the alien, conspiracy stuff. No one i know likes it though, its too "weird"

My favorite character is Scully of course, my least was... well i dont have a least fav. char.

I got into the show when i was 13, i had just got back from arizona and it was midnight and i wasn't sleeply so i turned on the TV. I watched the episode 'Roadrunners' from season 8, and fell in love with it! It was on TNT and every night i would record all the episodes (since TNT used to play like six episodes from 10 pm to 4am, they don't do it anymore) and watch them

i dont have a favorite episode, but i love almost all the episodes from season 6 like 'Dreamland' and 'Monday,' to me, episodes like that have the true 'x-filish' fell to it

Pottermore: SnidgetCharm86
Old May 11th, 2008, 4:46 am

Cool, are you looking forward to the new movie?

Ah, that's a shame... they don't know what they're missing. One of the best tv shows of all time.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old May 18th, 2008, 1:44 am
Sixth Year

I LOVE The X-Files, I've been a fan since 1994 when it first started airing and I had all the comics, the cash in books, the trading cards. The woman in the local comic shop still remembers me whenever I go in ther e(not very often) just from those days :P I did go off it because I lost track of what I had and hadn't seen, but when it came out on DVD I started to get back into it and now own them all and I'm looking forward to the new film.

I don't really have a favourite character, I like them all I guess, even Doggett and Reyes who I know some people weren't happy with as they were replacing Mulder and Scully, but they were both great characters.

My favourite episodes tend to be the humourous ones, like Dreamland 1 & 2 and Arcadia. I also like the 'Mulder and Scully trapped somewhere obscure together' episodes like Ice, Darkness Falls, the one on the ship. I liked the romance, I'm a sap, anytime they were forced together...

Old May 18th, 2008, 3:18 am

Ya same here with me . And I read somewhere that they (Duchovny and Anderson) actually wanted their characters together. Supposedly they got tired of it after awhile, figuring that they ran out things to go with it, but now they realize just how special of a relationship/love affair that it was, looking back on it... so maybe things will work out... Now how cool is that . Hopefully the relationship between the two characters will remain as is, and that it won't be messed up.

It wouldn't make sense that they have them just be friends... after all that they have been through.

I loved the humorous episodes as well... especially X-Cops and Hollywood A.D.

I just loved how they were in denial about the state of their own relationship . Truly classic, considering how things worked out ... and at the end of the episode with Mulder telling Scully about how Skinner was in a bubble bath and he accidently talked on the wrong line by mistake . And I loved how they handled "real life" in the Cops cross over episode... it really made me laugh, it was random to say the least .

Also I posted this originally in the X-Files movie thread... but I figured, what the hey... might as well post it here as well .

Here's a nice fan vid --

Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny *hate* each other (gotta love ironic titles =P)

Just saw this one recently and it cracked me up, it was funny seeing how a lot of people were wrong about them (for the most part)... no offense to the people. I just found it rather ironic, that's all .

And it was cool, seeing how things were on set and stuff.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; May 18th, 2008 at 3:25 am.
Old May 18th, 2008, 4:08 am
Curse Breaker

Absolutely loved The X-Files, I was virtually addicted. Excellent writing, casting, stories, directing.

So difficult to choose just one favorite. Guess I'll stick with Mulder, Scully, Skinner, and yes, even Cigarette Smoking Man. Can't think of any I didn't like.

Everything about it -- plots, writing, acting.

Impossible for me to pick a favorite episode, I could literally list dozens.

As far as least favorite, I'm with Scully -- could have done without the Fluke-Man thing.

....I miss David Tennant....

Last edited by HedwigOwl; May 18th, 2008 at 4:11 am.
Old June 8th, 2008, 7:28 pm
Fifth Year

My parents have series 1-7 on video. they love it, and I find the music creepy , but I like it.

Old June 8th, 2008, 7:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumosPatronus View Post
My parents have series 1-7 on video. they love it, and I find the music creepy , but I like it.
Yea I kind of do as well . Nice, have you gotten the chance to see the last two seasons? They weren't as good as the earlier ones (season 8 especially), but they were still better than a lot that was on tv and is on tv these days.

My answers

1. first episode you ever saw - been too long, I think that it was one from either season 3 or season 4
2. favorite season - 6 & 7
3. least favorite season - 8
4. favorite season premiere - no idea... since they were good.
5. least favorite season premiere - no idea
6. favorite season finale - no idea... since they were good
7. least favorite season finale - don't really have one
8. favorite villian - krycek & CSM, since he was played so well by William B. Davis
9. least favorite villian - CSM
10. shipper or noromo - heck ya, shipper!!
11. favorite head boss - skinner
12. least favorite head boss - kersh, yep even after he helps M & S out
13. funniest moment on the series - too many XD... the hot tub scene from Hollywood AD
14. scariest/creepiest episode - home (very creepy -- Deliverance anyone? >_>)
15. last episode you watched - The Truth (season 9)

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; June 29th, 2008 at 3:34 am.
Old August 27th, 2009, 2:25 am

I just rewatched the Truth and saw the Pilot episode for the first time... I was too young to see it when it first aired .

My reviews...

The Truth

I just saw this episode again recently and I love it that much more. All thanks to Kim Manners wonderful commentary. It helped to show just how much of a team effort the show was (for the most part), along with this episode itself. I truly appreciated it more than I did previously -- now I know just how much work was put into this episode alone.

Now onto the episode itself... Clip show haters aside . Yes in a way, that's what this episode was. But playing devil's advocate here... from what I could tell though, they managed to incorporate the clips into the overall storyline well -- as part of a decent retelling of the past 9 years of the series. Good for new fans who want to get a Chicken Soup version of what went on... but don't have the time to see the entire series.

As for the MSR (Mulder/Scully relationship) -- it's just wonderful here. Beautifully portrayed . You can just feel the love. On a side note -- Kim talked a little bit about it (during the bed scene) in the commentary... saying that that they really loved each other and you could tell just see it in their eyes (not an exact quote -- but close enough)... talk about one heck of a compliment there . I always figured that there was something special about this episode... and thanks to Kim -- I finally know just what it was. It's truly rare when you get to see two actors who have good chemistry with one another and that much more rare to see their own emotions match what the characters are feeling. In IWTB -- it's not so much that way anymore... time has affected things... the actors have changed as people and don't feel the same way now. Not that it's bad though -- it's wonderful that at least for a time -- both the actors emotions and the characters emotions were on the same level for the most part. And it's no wonder why -- they spent so much time working together... that it truly added to what already was really special. Heck, even in IWTB -- it was still there to a point... if they didn't care in some way... then it would have shown in their performances. That's my two and a half cents on it -- in my opinion.

As for the plot, it takes place mainly in a military courtroom. Various guests come back to help and try to defend Mulder's innocence. In the end though, it doesn't work -- the government still got their way.

Overall -- This is one of the better late season episodes... with some humor thrown in for good measure. I give it a score of 8.4/10; 3.5 stars/4 stars; B+

I'll be adding in my review on the Pilot when I get the chance to .

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; September 2nd, 2009 at 12:13 am. Reason: typos :p -- forgot the word 'how'
Old August 27th, 2009, 5:58 am
Sixth Year

I just watched William - and I always get irritated with this episode. I know Scully does the adoption in the interests of William, but it bugs me that after all that longing for a baby, then she gives him up. But I know she did it in the best interests of William.

Everyone I know that has seen TXF remembers watching it when it first started. I wish I could've watched it from the beginning (I was about 1 years old when it started and was 10 when it ended...).

Personally, I believe that seasons 1-6 (S6 is the best of them all IMO) are the best of the series. S7 was... okay. But I wasn't a huge fan of S8 and S9. Many people feel its because of the introduction of Reyes and Doggett. But, I actually like those two. I just feel that the episodes don't have the real XF feel to them... I'm also not a big fan of the new mytharc type eps. where they introduce the supersoldier idea. Not a fan of those...

Now that I just spent my summer watching the series again, I think I can answer these:
1. first episode you ever saw - Roadrunners
2. favorite season - season 6, I love the 'funny' eps
3. least favorite season - either S8 or S9, can't choose
4. favorite season premiere - they're all good
5. least favorite season premiere - don't have one
6. favorite season finale - don't have one
7. least favorite season finale - The Truth - it meant the end of the series
8. favorite villian - CSM
9. least favorite villian - Krycek
10. shipper or noromo - how could you NOT be a shipper?
11. favorite head boss - Skinner
12. least favorite head boss - Kersh, I can't stand him...
13. funniest moment on the series - all of 'Bad Blood'
14. scariest/creepiest episode - 'Home', definately
15. last episode you watched - 'William

Earlier today, I watched Lazarus, and I just realized that me and Scully share the same birth date Not year of course, but same day

Old August 27th, 2009, 8:23 am
Assistant to Professor Snape

Oo, I shall do this questionnaire thingie...

1. first episode you ever saw - "The Erlenmyer Flask" when it first aired.
2. favorite season - Tough to choose. Probably 4 or 5... maybe.
3. least favorite season - 9 I think I would have preferred they had written out Mulder and Scully together or kept them on as part of an ensemble... but I know there was contract stuff going on ect...
4. favorite season premiere - "Redux Part I" or the "Sixth Extinction Part I"
5. least favorite season premiere - Nothing Important Happened Today (uum yeah... beyond Mulder taking a shower and leaving... not much)
6. favorite season finale - "Gesthemane", "Biogenesis", or "Requiem" (I can't imagine the amount of phones that were ringing after this one amongst the shippers)
7. least favorite season finale - "Talitha Cumi"
8. favorite villian - CSM
9. least favorite villian - Diana if we can put her in this category
10. shipper or noromo - shipper
11. favorite head boss - Skinner
12. least favorite head boss - Kersh
13. funniest moment on the series - Anything in "Bad Blood"
14. scariest/creepiest episode - "Home" (will not watch it in its entirety)
15. last episode you watched - Not sure. Possibly "Detour".

magic_is_might
: All I know is that "William" had me crying buckets the first time I watched it. I know a lot of people who have problems with it though, and I do as well to a certain extent, but it did pack an emotional punch for me.

Old August 27th, 2009, 5:04 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by boushh View Post
6. favorite season finale - "Gesthemane", "Biogenesis", or "Requiem" (I can't imagine the amount of phones that were ringing after this one amongst the shippers)

magic_is_might
: All I know is that "William" had me crying buckets the first time I watched it. I know a lot of people who have problems with it though, and I do as well to a certain extent, but it did pack an emotional punch for me.

Yeah, even though I had seen this episode before, I rewatched it yesterday and it still got to me

And as for 'Requiem'. I was stunned at the end of the episode. It was unexpected to me. The episode, IMO, wasn't that exciting, but it's worth watching mainly because of the Mulder/Scully shippy moments

What are your guys interpretation of the episode 'all things'. I watched it last night and I'm not sure what to make of it. I really can't see Scully being a 'homewrecker' aka. having an affair with a married man.
(Although in Dreamland she did a pretty good job...)

Old August 27th, 2009, 10:48 pm

My review on the Pilot...

The Pilot

This is the first time that I've ever seen this episode. The acting wasn't that good yet -- but the interaction was. Right from the start... a definite connection there, and not to mention a certain greenness ( they were practically glowing neon green here ) to both them and the characters themselves.

As for the plot -- it was very interesting... and it's the first time that we come across Billy Myles... someone who later becomes more important to the storyline. Overall it basically shows that the FBI and the government will go to extraordinary lengths to keep people from the truth.

And traditions... some got their start here as well. From Mulder's quips (Who's there? <-- Scully It's me, Stephen Spielburg <-- Mulder) down to moments that appear to be risqué but actually are not (Mulder checking for marks on Scully in his motel room ...). It's the beginning of a long and (for the most part) fun ride.

Overall, this episode was a definite blast from the past (the old computers, the clothing ( ), the phones, etc.) and worth the watch.

I give it a score of 7/10; 3 stars out of 4 stars; B-

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_is_might View Post
Yeah, even though I had seen this episode before, I rewatched it yesterday and it still got to me

And as for 'Requiem'. I was stunned at the end of the episode. It was unexpected to me. The episode, IMO, wasn't that exciting, but it's worth watching mainly because of the Mulder/Scully shippy moments

What are your guys interpretation of the episode 'all things'. I watched it last night and I'm not sure what to make of it. I really can't see Scully being a 'homewrecker' aka. having an affair with a married man.
(Although in Dreamland she did a pretty good job...)
I know -- Requiem was unexpected to me as well. One of Carter's best ones... with the exception of Mulder's abduction. Perfect timing -- geez (yes it was during the whole issue between Fox, him and Carter (iirc)), considering that your girlfriend is pregnant and all that. I SO disliked Carter for doing that. I would have loved to see Scully tell him the news instead of Skinner . That was somewhat of a cop out in my opinion .

As for 'All Things' -- I remember the first time that I watched that episode... I hated it . I thought it was more Gillian than Scully. But I did love the beginning (they SO had sex that night ...) and the ending ( it was SO tender... Mulder was SO in love with her by then... you can just see it in his face ). But the second time that I watched it... years later -- I don't mind it now. I still think that it's more Gillian than Scully... but now I see where she was going with it. She wasn't sure of where her future with Mulder would lead to since he was all involved with crop circles and stuff (typical Mulder ) and for him it was his journey in a way too -- he had to find out that she was more important than them... that he was being fooled.

As for the homewrecker thing -- I couldn't either. But remember this -- Scully always had a habit of falling in love with older, father figure like men. So when I saw it the second time, it made some sense when I looked at it from that perspective.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; August 27th, 2009 at 10:59 pm.
Old August 28th, 2009, 2:03 am
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
My review on the Pilot...

The Pilot

This is the first time that I've ever seen this episode. The acting wasn't that good yet -- but the interaction was. Right from the start... a definite connection there, and not to mention a certain greenness ( they were practically glowing neon green here ) to both them and the characters themselves.

Overall, this episode was a definite blast from the past (the old computers, the clothing ( ), the phones, etc.) and worth the watch.

I know -- Requiem was unexpected to me as well. One of Carter's best ones... with the exception of Mulder's abduction. Perfect timing -- geez (yes it was during the whole issue between Fox, him and Carter (iirc)), considering that your girlfriend is pregnant and all that. I SO disliked Carter for doing that. I would have loved to see Scully tell him the news instead of Skinner . That was somewhat of a cop out in my opinion .

As for 'All Things' -- I remember the first time that I watched that episode... I hated it . I thought it was more Gillian than Scully. But I did love the beginning (they SO had sex that night ...) and the ending ( it was SO tender... Mulder was SO in love with her by then... you can just see it in his face ). But the second time that I watched it... years later -- I don't mind it now. I still think that it's more Gillian than Scully... but now I see where she was going with it. She wasn't sure of where her future with Mulder would lead to since he was all involved with crop circles and stuff (typical Mulder ) and for him it was his journey in a way too -- he had to find out that she was more important than them... that he was being fooled.

As for the homewrecker thing -- I couldn't either. But remember this -- Scully always had a habit of falling in love with older, father figure like men. So when I saw it the second time, it made some sense when I looked at it from that perspective.

They definately were green in the Pilot. As for the blast to the past... just look at the glasses Scully wheres during the first few seasons, not to mention her very... interesting hair-do's. Nineties anyone??

She did say she had a weakness for falling for 'authority' figures. Just like her old flame, Jack Willis, who was her professor when she dated him. And I also felt that in 'all things' it was more Gillian (I guess because she helped make the episode). I don't like the episode much, I just find it intriging as to whether they did have sex or not (which I believe they did). But it is the first time Chris has implied that their relationship is anything but platonic.

Old August 28th, 2009, 2:24 am

Quote:
They definately were green in the Pilot. As for the blast to the past... just look at the glasses Scully wheres during the first few seasons, not to mention her very... interesting hair-do's. Nineties anyone??

She did say she had a weakness for falling for 'authority' figures. Just like her old flame, Jack Willis, who was her professor when she dated him. And I also felt that in 'all things' it was more Gillian (I guess because she helped make the episode). I don't like the episode much, I just find it intriging as to whether they did have sex or not (which I believe they did). But it is the first time Chris has implied that their relationship is anything but platonic.
Yep very much so -- just like Agent Whitney was in IWTB .

So much on that one. I remember glasses like those. The 90's were a very interesting time to grow up in. Spandex, big glasses and all that. Real fun . And the phones were huge then .

Ah I see. That's where I stand on it too. Me as well . And the only time -- for the most part -- that Chris had implied anything of the sort , considering the history .

With the exception of this pic... from Hungry . It's all in the body language .

flirting ahoy...:    

And a little something that someone on another forum I'm on said about what Chris Carter still thought the relationship was even after all this time...

Quote:
If you didn't know any better you could think these two are just close friends.How can you be deeply in love and hardly ever touch one another? Never kiss at various times. I guess we should be grateful that Chris Carter gave us a chaste kiss im " Millenium', " Existence" and a better one in " The Truth" but one I could hardly see because of the dark lightning. Also, how can a woman come into her home and never take off her coat ( IWTB)and never really smile at her lover with whom she has been living for six years? I think I commented on Chris Carter's handling of this situation in another thread when he said ( in the IWTB DVD commentary) that Mulder and Scully had a " chaste" relationship without much physicality. He and Frank Spotnitz thought this was deeply romantic and that women really appreciated this. I had to laugh: what women has he been talking to? Most women I know would really love affection between M&S after being starved for fifteen years. My God, these two are over forty years old and it's time to stop having them act like teenagers ( come to think of it -teens don't even act like this anymore). Restraint is wonderful but you can carry anything too far. Carter also said he didn't want to " domesticate" them. I really don't understand. Seems to me it would be a natural progression.
This was an interesting point that they brought up here in terms of things. It seems as if those two (Chris and Frank) are still caught up in the past somewhat (Frank to a lesser extent from what I can tell...). Being 'domestic' isn't always a bad thing -- and from what I could tell in IWTB, both David and Gillian did an excellent job there. It didn't seem (at least to me) to be a bad thing whatsoever. In fact, it made the bond that the characters have stand out that much more. And another thing -- god bless them (David and Gillian), they were truly the 'cinnamon in the oatmeal (what Carter's view of the ship is to me -- rather bland if you think about it )' in terms of things. They added spice to it in the long run and some of the best stuff came from them as well in terms of relationship development for the most part.

Sure Carter did some things, like Requiem and The Truth -- but for the most part... it was mostly them and the other writers. They truly helped to make the characters that much more real, in a way... and more three dimensional.

One of my favorite screencap archives... a decent place for X-Files caps

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; August 29th, 2009 at 10:35 pm.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 12:42 am

I saw the episode 'Per Manum' today... the first time since it aired originally...

My thoughts/review...

I finally just got the chance to see this episode again. Originally, I wasn't a fan of it. I figured Chris was pulling a stunt there... by saying it (Scully's pregnancy) could have been caused by IVF or by interference of Zeus genetics.

This time around though -- I went into it thinking of (about) another fan's (on another forum) take of things. He/she figured that the IVF failed (which I too figured) and that in that episode -- they first had sex. I never viewed it in that way before. Sure I figured that they had William the 'natural' way (old-fashioned) -- I just didn't factor in the fact that they had sex that night. I figured she got pregnant after 'All Things'.

But once I viewed things in this new light... the whole 'Never give up on a miracle...' thing that Mulder said to her at the end of the episode made more sense to me this time around. They ended up trying once again that night... and things went from there...

As for the episode itself -- it was a good one, flipping from what happened in the past (Scully asking Mulder for his help , etc.) to what was going on in the present (Scully nearing her 14th week of her pregnancy)... It tied in ok enough to the rest of the plot itself.

In conclusion, this is one of the better later season episodes. I especially loved the final scene with Scully and Mulder in it. So well acted and well done. They were so in love by then .

I give this episode a score of 8/10; B-; 3 out of 4 stars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

What do all of you think of this episode? I'm rather curious to see what all of your thoughts on it are...

Also, this is one of Chris's better writing efforts... along with 'Requiem'... these two episodes are my favorites by him.

The writing and the dialogue were ok in both.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; October 23rd, 2009 at 12:54 am.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 3:49 pm
Sixth Year

Hmm, I never viewed Per Manum as the episode Scully got pregnant, I always viewed the episode 'all things' as the episode that seems the most plausible episode it happened in. But I can see why it could be interpreted that way.

I did enjoy this episode overall, and I agree that it is one of the better later episodes, although I did enjoy the episode Roadrunners a lot too, even though I don't really know why

I thought that Per Manum was supposed to give us insight into other ways Scully tried for a baby, even if that means IVF, I never saw it as another episode that Scully and Mulder tried again. Thanks for the insight, I'll have to rewatch this episode again and see if I notice any hints.

Old October 23rd, 2009, 9:59 pm

Quote:
Hmm, I never viewed Per Manum as the episode Scully got pregnant, I always viewed the episode 'all things' as the episode that seems the most plausible episode it happened in. But I can see why it could be interpreted that way.

I did enjoy this episode overall, and I agree that it is one of the better later episodes, although I did enjoy the episode Roadrunners a lot too, even though I don't really know why

I thought that Per Manum was supposed to give us insight into other ways Scully tried for a baby, even if that means IVF, I never saw it as another episode that Scully and Mulder tried again. Thanks for the insight, I'll have to rewatch this episode again and see if I notice any hints.
Yea I know. It was definitely interesting to see things from someone else's point of view there. It made the episode seem fresh to me.

Hmm... maybe. You're welcome magic... and I'm glad that the other person brought it up on another forum, since it's definitely a new take on that episode there.

Old January 29th, 2010, 12:19 am

I just saw the episode 'Home' again recently...

My thoughts/review...

It's still creepy as all get out... with the whole inbreeding/incest thing. I could see why FOX never aired it more than twice and on it's second showing (which I was lucky enough to see back in the day ) gave it a MA rating.

I loved the cinematography and overall feeling that this episode had... both just lent to the episodes overall creepiness factor. Kim Manners did an excellent job in terms of both of these factors.

As for the acting, everyone did a good job. From both David and Gillian to the secondary actors. It was a total group effort here.

Any bantering and interaction between Moose and Squirrel was just top notch... with one of my favorite scenes being one where Mulder was distracted by a baseball and was talking to Scully about it... while she was talking about the case . So, so them... not to mention that Mulder had an attention span of a nat back then .

Overall, this episode was well written and well done.

I give this episode a score of 10/10; A+; 4 out of 4 stars.

Last edited by Fawkesfan1; January 29th, 2010 at 12:22 am.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Television