Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction

VC Andrews.

Old October 13th, 2007, 5:49 am
Second Year

VC Andrews.

Anyone else read VC Andrews books? I am a big fan of the original works. The books that she wrote herself, not the ones the Ghost Writer writes. Although some of the Ghost Writer books are ok. It just seems like he is recycling the plot line every time. I loved the Dollanganger series (especially Flowers in the Attic) Heaven and My Sweet Audrina.

Join HOL Virtual Hogwarts. Longest running Virtual Hogwarts
July 22/09- Student sign ups are now open!
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2007, 2:15 am
Fifth Year

Re: VC Andrews.

I like VC Andrews too, but I am wondering if they are appropriate to be talking about. I mean they are not exactly family friendly.

However, I do agree that I like the ones that were written before she passed away, although even those I found to have many of the same plot lines. I still enjoyed reading them though.

"Pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays."

~ sllagnire ~

Old October 14th, 2007, 1:54 pm
Inconceivable!

I read "The Flowers in the Attic" which I thought was good. I read the second one, I don't remember the name of it, and saw that it was heading in a direction that I didn't care to read about, so I didn't read any further. It would be a spoiler, in my opinion, to discuss the topic brought up in the first book, because I think it was a surprise, as I recall.

avatar artwork by Ruth Sanderson
Old October 15th, 2007, 7:21 pm
Sixth Year

I love V.C Andrews books. I like the ghost writer's books better than some of the ones she wrote herself. I really like the mini series such as the Orphans, Wildflowers, Shooting Stars, and Broken Wings series.

Old December 1st, 2008, 1:20 am
First Year

I read a lot of her books when I was in high school, and I owned a lot of them too, but I recently decided to pass them onto another high school girl who enjoys reading them. My favorite series was the Ruby series, followed closely by the Dollanganger series. They were very good and I enjoyed them, but I did find some of them to be repetitive. But all in all, she was a talented writer.

Old February 7th, 2009, 2:39 am
First Year

I've enjoyed some of her books when I was younger... but the incest was kind of over kill for me.

Old March 12th, 2009, 2:36 pm
Sixth Year

Yeah, but the only real incest I saw was in Flowers in the Attic. If you read the mini-series novels, you don't have that.

Old June 24th, 2011, 1:56 am
First Year

I've read nearly all of the V.C. Andrews books and the plots by the ghostwriter really are getting redundant. Not only that, but the latest book--Family Storms--has a character with the same name from an earlier series! (Jordan March)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/adrianbalboa/Harry%20Potter%20Icons/snapetorturebydiscreetfluff2go.jpg
Old June 27th, 2011, 6:12 pm
Sixth Year

I haven't read VCA books very much anymore. I still read the ones I have, but I haven't gotten any new ones.

Old May 15th, 2012, 5:00 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

I recently came across one of her books at a yard sale and purchased it. Then I found out it was the fourth book in one of her series. So I ventured to the book store and bought the first book, it's Flowers in the Attic. I'm currently invovled with a few other books right now, but I think I'll pick this one up when I finish another. It's funny because my mother saw the first book in the series and said that she used to read them when she was younger. A few weeks later my sister was asking about some books she had read that were my mother's and I got excited because this was prett much the only thing my mother read. My sister said she used to sneak them from my mother because of the content, but she'd like to read them after me.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction