Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Xbox 360 Discussion

Old November 7th, 2007, 8:41 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Xbox 360 Discussion

It's very simple to add or remove a hard drive from the Xbox 360 (be gentle though). I've been playing the Simpsons game quite a bit since sunday.
I wuvs it. The gameplay can be frustrating, but the cut scenes are extremely funny (they could probably slice them all together and create a very good Simpsons episode out of them).

Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2008, 5:25 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Okay I just have the regular Xbox, but I couldn't find a thread to better put this.

Is there a way I can get a game of the old Mario games for Xbox?

Old January 17th, 2008, 5:41 pm
Dr Mrs The Monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04 View Post
Okay I just have the regular Xbox, but I couldn't find a thread to better put this.

Not my knowledge. Mario is a Nintendo exclusive. I have a regular Xbox and I never heard about Mario games for it. I did a search on google for you and didn't find anything.
The only way I know to get old school Mario games (besides still owning the orginal Nintendo consoles) is through the Wii. Wii sells certain older titles through the console itself with the WiFi connection.

Old January 17th, 2008, 5:44 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Thanks for doing the search! I think Nintendo should sell some of their old games to other gaming systems, that would be cool. To bad my mom got rid of my old Nintendo

Old January 17th, 2008, 9:16 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEWEASLEYS04 View Post

Yes, but it requires extensive mods to your XBox. It is possible to mod original XBoxes to "update" the BIOS and incorporate a program that gives you more flexibility. You can copy music, videos, pictures, and programs, making it possible for you to copy emulators and emulated games to your harddrive that you can play from your XBox. (Uh beware of illegal ROMs... )

Last edited by YellowPoofBall; January 17th, 2008 at 9:20 pm.
Old May 25th, 2008, 8:27 pm
Third Year

O.K., I'm going to be buying an Xbox 360 this summer, and I want to know what is the best system for me to get.

I'm not planning to play online with my Xbox, I want a system that will let me play the Halo games(Halo 2, 3), and will let me play games like LOTR Return of the King, Star Wars Battle Front 2, etc.

Xbox games will play on the 360, wont they?

I just need to have a bit of information, so I don't spend $350+ dollars on a system that wont work properly.

Thanks.

Old May 28th, 2008, 9:13 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka13 View Post
O.K., I'm going to be buying an Xbox 360 this summer, and I want to know what is the best system for me to get.

I'm not planning to play online with my Xbox, I want a system that will let me play the Halo games(Halo 2, 3), and will let me play games like LOTR Return of the King, Star Wars Battle Front 2, etc.

Xbox games will play on the 360, wont they?

I just need to have a bit of information, so I don't spend $350+ dollars on a system that wont work properly.

Thanks.
Unless you plan on storing a lot of media on your Xbox 360, I would say that the Premium console is your best option. The core package is alright, but there isn't a decent way that I know of to save your games if you buy this package. With the Premium console you get the hard drive so you can save your game and stuff.

Over 200 original Xbox games can play on the Xbox 360, but some can't so I would check the games you want to play against this list (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm) which shows all the games from the original xbox that work on the 360.

Old May 29th, 2008, 4:14 am
First Year

Quote:
Halo 3!!! That's a fun game; I don't know if a lot of people have played it yet, but it's fun! How does everyone like the weapons? I myself really like them! There a vast improvement for me compared to Halo 2's weapons. So anyway, yeah, it's a really fun game!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picko View Post
Call of Duty 4 looks pretty promising although I've never been a fan of war games. Still a modern war might be able to through up a few new things.

The game I'm most looking forward to is Mass Effect, given Bioware's track record it should be amazing and a must-have game for Christmas.
COD4 is awesome, but I suck at it. I am a lot better at Halo(translated: I will [i]pwn[i]you.)

Yeah, the weapons are awesome. Although I usually just use old weapons. Sniper and shotgun are my specialty, but I am decent with the Mauler, Energy Sword, Grav Hammer, and Spartan Laser.

XBOX 360 RULES! PS3 is nothing compared to the 360.

My Patronus is a Parrot

Take the quiz here--http://quizfarm.com/quiz_repository/...tronus/177121/
Old May 30th, 2008, 3:43 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10_MinutesAlone View Post
Unless you plan on storing a lot of media on your Xbox 360, I would say that the Premium console is your best option. The core package is alright, but there isn't a decent way that I know of to save your games if you buy this package. With the Premium console you get the hard drive so you can save your game and stuff.

Over 200 original Xbox games can play on the Xbox 360, but some can't so I would check the games you want to play against this list (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/back...ygameslist.htm) which shows all the games from the original xbox that work on the 360.
So, do I have to connect to Xbox live to update it to play Xbox games on the Xbox 360?

Old May 30th, 2008, 4:09 pm
First Year

Quote:
So, do I have to connect to Xbox live to update it to play Xbox games on the Xbox 360?
I don't think so, but you should get Xbox Live anyway. It makes almost every game last a lot longer.

Nietzsche

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Goethe

I would rather die standing up, than live life on my knees.
Zapata
Old May 31st, 2008, 5:21 am
Third Year

I don't have a broadband connection though, I've just got dial up...

Old May 31st, 2008, 9:30 pm
Third Year

Quote:
I don't have a broadband connection though, I've just got dial up...
Dear God, it's a time traveler! Judging by what he's saying, I'd guess he's traveled here from 10 or 15 years back. Welcome to the year 2008, Luka. We have this wonderful thing called high speed internet, and its very affordable, and even comes packaged with your phone and television services.

All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:03 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseStark View Post
Dear God, it's a time traveler! Judging by what he's saying, I'd guess he's traveled here from 10 or 15 years back. Welcome to the year 2008, Luka. We have this wonderful thing called high speed internet, and its very affordable, and even comes packaged with your phone and television services.
Gosh, you love to be insulting, don't you? Don't you think I'd have highspeed internet if I could get it where I live? Everyone for a long ways off has just dial up because we live too far in the country were there isn't a lot of anything, so yeah, it would cost a load to get highspeed internet over here without just getting in a car a moving.

Old June 1st, 2008, 5:06 am
Third Year

I'm just joking

All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Old June 1st, 2008, 5:12 am
Third Year

I know. Anyway, I'd love to get highspeed internet any day. That'd be- awesome compared to dial up..

Old June 4th, 2008, 3:35 am
First Year

Anybody get the red ring of death?

Old July 20th, 2008, 3:51 am
Third Year

I got my Xbox 360 today, plus I got an extra controler and two games. I got the Premium console, yeah I know, not a lot of people would approve of my choice, but; I know a few people that have the Premium console, that play the games that I like, and have no problems with it at all. So anyway, I am having fun with it. The two games that I got were The Simpson's game and Assassin's Creed. I love them.

I did an edit on my post, because I said that I got the core system. I got the premium.

Last edited by Luka13; July 20th, 2008 at 6:00 pm. Reason: Premium Console
Old June 18th, 2010, 9:27 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
I got my Xbox 360 today, plus I got an extra controler and two games. I got the Premium console, yeah I know, not a lot of people would approve of my choice, but; I know a few people that have the Premium console, that play the games that I like, and have no problems with it at all. So anyway, I am having fun with it. The two games that I got were The Simpson's game and Assassin's Creed. I love them.

I did an edit on my post, because I said that I got the core system. I got the premium.
Do you have XBOX live?

Old October 2nd, 2011, 4:45 am
First Year

I got FIFA12 for xbox yesterday!!!!! Holy **** this game is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been up until 2 am playing it, and I freakin didn't go out to a party for it. Recommend it to sport gamers!!

Last edited by Hes; October 4th, 2011 at 2:17 pm. Reason: evading auto-censor
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:12 pm
First Year

XBox 360 is the best game console because it gives better and great resolution in games. The style and design of XBox 360 is really fantastic.The main advantage of XBox 360 is that users can download games, trailers, music, TV shows and many more.

Last edited by Hes; January 11th, 2012 at 2:10 pm.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games