Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

The Legend of Zelda

Old November 9th, 2007, 2:39 pm
Fourth Year

Re: The Legend of Zelda

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapegirl77 View Post
Is anyone else getting the Wii gun with the Zelda target shooting game? I pre-ordered one from Amazon. It will be released on the 19th. Although it's not a "true" Zelda game, it looks like a lot of fun and there are Zelda villians to fight. The game looks like Twilight Princess era Zelda.
I was at Amazon minutes ago and I saw it. I wasn't sure about it but now that I saw your comment I got more interested in it!! I didn't pre-order it since I have a friend that buys the games for me and brings (it's cheaper because of the shipping cost, since I live in Brazil). So, I already made a note of it, so when she have the time she will get it!! Thanks for the tip!

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2007, 8:49 pm
Lycanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybobbie View Post
I was at Amazon minutes ago and I saw it. I wasn't sure about it but now that I saw your comment I got more interested in it!! I didn't pre-order it since I have a friend that buys the games for me and brings (it's cheaper because of the shipping cost, since I live in Brazil). So, I already made a note of it, so when she have the time she will get it!! Thanks for the tip!
Is this more like Soul Calibur? I'll have to check it out.

Old November 12th, 2007, 9:48 pm
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwickedboy View Post
Is this more like Soul Calibur? I'll have to check it out.
It's not really a game, wicked! It's a Wii Zapper that comes with Link's Crossbow Training, so looks like is just a crossbow shooting practive game that comes with the accesory.

Old November 13th, 2007, 9:07 am
First Year

OOT was an amazing game, my favorite moments were:
The gerudo valley theme tune
Beating Volvagia
Waking up 7 years later to discover Hyrule Town destroyed
FISHING!!!!That kept me amused for ages
Rescuing Epona

But Majora's mask stole my heart. I loved the game, it was both colourful and dark at the same time, like a Tim Burton Movie.
I absolutely loved the game, every moment was a joy, I can't even begin to say my favorite moment as I had so many.

The other day, a friend of mine lent me the Gamecube version so I was able to play it on my Wii.

Ted: I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests...
...More drink!
Old November 19th, 2007, 10:14 pm
Fifth Year

I love Zelda games. I practically owned almost all of them. I'm currently playing The Phantom HourGlass.

Old November 20th, 2007, 8:22 pm
First Year

The Legend of Zelda is fantastic!

I recently finished Phantom Hourglass and loved every moment of it. the control's were perfect and many of the puzzle's were original, and only possible on the DS!

Getting Link's Crossbow Training for Christmas. Look's promising. Looking forward to trying the multiplayer, and I hope the Wii zapper is as good as it look's in the trailer's.

My favourite Zelda remains Ocarina of Time, due to it being the first of it's kind and it was the first 'epic' game I played, and is still one of the best ever.

BTW, Mario Galaxy has taken Ocarina's place as the best game ever on gamerankings.com.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 5:13 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys135 View Post

I recently finished Phantom Hourglass and loved every moment of it. the control's were perfect and many of the puzzle's were original, and only possible on the DS!

Getting Link's Crossbow Training for Christmas. Look's promising. Looking forward to trying the multiplayer, and I hope the Wii zapper is as good as it look's in the trailer's.

My favourite Zelda remains Ocarina of Time, due to it being the first of it's kind and it was the first 'epic' game I played, and is still one of the best ever.

BTW, Mario Galaxy has taken Ocarina's place as the best game ever on gamerankings.com.
That's cool, but I heard that Link's Crossbow Training didn't get that good a score in reviews... but meh, personally I don't pay that much attention to them anyways. I tend to get a game based, for the most part on what I like. Not on what some reviewer likes.

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 9:04 am
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys135 View Post

I'm debating getting a DS, the last handheld I had was a Gameboy color. But I'm really tempted to play Phantom Hourglass. And now you make me want it even more.

Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda game too! Ah, I can't believe Mario Galaxy took it's place. I like Mario Galaxy, but I still like Ocarina more. Oh well, 2nd isn't bad at all, especially after all these years.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 6:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguinolatino View Post
I'm debating getting a DS, the last handheld I had was a Gameboy color. But I'm really tempted to play Phantom Hourglass. And now you make me want it even more.

Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda game too! Ah, I can't believe Mario Galaxy took it's place. I like Mario Galaxy, but I still like Ocarina more. Oh well, 2nd isn't bad at all, especially after all these years.
Get one , they're definitely worth getting! I've had one for over a year now and it's a nice enough handheld system and it has a good set of games that you can get for it. From classic puzzle games like Tetris Ds, to racing games like Mario Kart Ds -- there's something for everyone.

As for Phantom Hourglass -- if you do get a Ds, get that game first! It's one of the best videogames that I have ever played !

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Old November 22nd, 2007, 9:31 pm
First Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguinolatino View Post

Ye get one!

It may be a bit quiet on the game front at the moment, but if you are 'new' to the DS there are literally 100's of game's for you to experience out there. I'm sure many of us can recommend some classic's for you if you need any help

Old December 2nd, 2007, 5:22 pm
Master of Divination

I've had Phantom Hourglass for a few months now, but I haven't been able to play it yet! I lost my DS charger cable, and the battery has been dead forever...woe is me.

My mom did order me a new one yesterday after I scoured my room for it with no luck. So I'll be able to play it soon...it's good to hear that everbody thinks it's a good game.

Old March 7th, 2008, 6:26 am
Lycanthrope

I was thinking about it. I just got the Wii and it came with TP so I am checking it out. I might buy the gun tho, I saw the demo, pretty cool stuff. I have to admit I kinda liked playing TP on GameCube better for some reason, everything is now backward, lol. But I got suckered into buying the Wii for other games and Force Unleashed is coming out, so it is cool to get used to it now and even if TP plays a little odd, I imagine I'll get used to it after another day or so.

Old March 7th, 2008, 2:29 pm
Suteki da ne

I love the older Zelda games, but Phantom Hourglass I just didn't take to. I really disliked the fact that you had to control him with the stylus.

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old March 7th, 2008, 4:09 pm

I don't mind Phantom Hourglass that much. It's been fun to play -- haven't been able to play it though for some time due to the fact that my DS's battery is dying .

Old March 7th, 2008, 11:34 pm
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkesfan1 View Post
I don't mind Phantom Hourglass that much. It's been fun to play -- haven't been able to play it though for some time due to the fact that my DS's battery is dying .
I don't have that problem; my DS came with a charger.

I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary.
Old March 8th, 2008, 1:15 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalguy View Post
I don't have that problem; my DS came with a charger.
Mine did as well. It's been around 500 recharges, I've had my DS for around 2 years now. I figured that it would die by now (the battery that is ). My recharger could still recharge the battery, but it (the battery) would only recharge so much. Not to full power anymore either.

Old March 9th, 2008, 12:29 am
Fourth Year

... I've played all the zelda's .. Phantom hourglass is pretty cool, I just didn't like going through that one dungeon after every other dungeon.. =p
I really want to play twilight princess.. I have the game, and I have a wii, but, I'm in school in another city, so I'm nowhere near my wii...
My all time favourite though, is probably Ocarina of time ... A link to the Past is pretty good too.

When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.
Old March 9th, 2008, 7:04 am
Lycanthrope

I agree OOT was prolly my all around favorite too. But I agree with whoever said Majoras Mask was awesome to play. There were some bits that were annoying, but for its sheer dark quality, the soundtrack and characterizations, it was awesome to play. TP for its quality rocked, but it was easy and a little too guided, plus I have to admit those bloody lights were a pain to collect. The Ordeals was fun though.

Old March 20th, 2008, 4:54 pm
Second Year

Anyone know the notes for any of the Ocarina of time songs?
I have an ocarina and can already play:
Zelda's Lullaby (EGD CD EGD EG(VERY HIGH)CC GFED)
Song of time (ADF ADF ACD GFGA DCED)
Serenade of water (DFAAB DFAAB ADFGFEE)
Borrelio of fire (FDFD AFAF)
prelude of light (AE AEFA)
I would love to learn more.

*Iglybo*
Old April 25th, 2008, 2:08 am
Squee-worthy

My favorite Zelda was probably OoT, although I thought Twilight Princess was an amazing story as well. Majora's Mask was good too, but I always had so much difficultly with it that I at times gave up and until recently never actually beat the game.

I love the Zelda franchise, but I hated Wind Waker.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games