Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

World of Warcraft

Old April 2nd, 2012, 6:15 am
First Year

Re: World of Warcraft

I'm new to the forums so I apologize for resurrecting this thread, but I wanted to participate! I started playing wow in 2006 and am still playing the same toon I started back then. She's a tauren druid (For the Horde!). I also have a few other 85s but they don't get as much attention as she does. When I'm not working on earning her loremaster achievements, I work on leveling up my shiny new Alliance tankadin. Love her! Feel free to drop in and talk to me. I'm not on all the time as I've got a job (web developer) and I'm trying to plan our wedding (my fiancé rules!).

85 Feral Druid on Detheroc - Nokomo
78 Protection Paladin on Sargeras - Ivyleaf

Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2012, 6:48 pm
Third Year

Patch 5.0.4 was released today for anyone interested in seeing what the talents will be like in Mists of Pandaria (due out 09/25/2012). This is the final patch before release of the expansion.

If you are interested in playing again, PM me and I'll send you a Scroll of Resurrection which will let you choose one of your characters and instantly make them level 80.

Fidea - 85 Blood Elf Disc Priest - Dunemaul (US-PVP)
Sarci - 84 Troll Resto Druid - Dunemaul (US-PVP)

Thank you, COS, for the last 10 years. These forums will be greatly missed.
Old August 29th, 2012, 3:29 pm
Member of the Order

How could they make such a game that has so much going for it, but completely screw up Diablo 3? Although I have to admit, Blizzard has to have some of the best cinematics in the industry.

85th Nightelf Feral Druid
85th Worgen Death Knight
85th Human Fire Mage
73rd Human Protection Paladin
64th Nightelf Beast Master Hunter

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old September 1st, 2012, 7:01 am
The Forums Red Hypergiant Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post
How could they make such a game that has so much going for it, but completely screw up Diablo 3? Although I have to admit, Blizzard has to have some of the best cinematics in the industry.
Well it seems that you've answered your own question, somewhat. They, in the sense of the people who created Diablo and Diablo 2, didn't make such a game. Blizzard North, the Diablo division of Blizzard, basically ceased to exist in 2003 when most of the staff quit, and was officially dissolved in 2005. I haven't done a head count, but I think that virtually none of the talent behind the first two games, i.e. the Blizzard North team, was involved in making the third. This is relevant in the WoW thread, of course, because it was the WoW folks who deserve our thanks for D3.

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games