Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

World of Warcraft

Old October 5th, 2007, 11:38 am
Genius Loci

World of Warcraft

So who here plays this Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game? I got an account a few months ago but never got it set up. I know a few people on the forums play this game. Discuss your experiences, post your server, your toons, etc.

Old October 5th, 2007, 11:39 pm
Fifth Year

Re: World of Warcraft

I played pretty much all summer but then the "real world" set in and I had to stop. If your looking into buying this game I'd actually reccomend not to. It's really fun...but too fun. You get addicted trying to 'beat' the game, but in reality it's impossible, you can always do more and you'll never stop. Seriously this is addicting, don't take it lightly.

Old October 6th, 2007, 1:21 am
Second Year

I am currently trying out the hazardous combination of World of Warcraft and medical school. So far both are going well... I started playing on official servers only a month ago, so my Troll rogue (I've known Warcraft since I was 5, and I've always been a big Troll fan ) is only level 20. I play on a French RP server, the Sentinels.
Although my main is only lvl 20, I know quite a bit about the game, but that's because I've played for over a year using rather illegal means I will not expand on.

I just can't make money though. I mean it. How do you people do it ? Seriously... I put a lot of stuff in the AH, but as soon as I get the silver by mail I spend it all on my profession and upgrades.

"Remember the part where you weren't talking ? Let's do that again."

À consommer avec modération.
Old October 7th, 2007, 8:41 pm
Sixth Year

I need a life outside of Warcraft. Sad thing is, I'm in better than T4, or at least some of my gear is better.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rsh&n=Hinatari

"Life without a friend is like death without a witness." Spanish proverb
Old October 8th, 2007, 12:16 pm
Zonko's Employee

Well, I played it for a few months but stopped and went straight back to DaoC. A MMORPG must have PvP or in this case RvR for me to be any good and WoW just doesn't has a good concept on that.

"Perhaps that's why we have had conflicts. It is hard for two people both accustomed to the same position to sort things out." Otherland Volume Three

Old October 8th, 2007, 12:53 pm
Member of the Order

Azuremyst server.
68 Night Elf Druid and assorted level 30s

I pretty much just solo. So the more rare items I probably won't see.

The Outlands expansion are amazing! (And flying mounts YES!)

Looking to see what they do with the next expansion and the introduction of the Hero class the Deathknight.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Old October 9th, 2007, 1:12 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post
Looking to see what they do with the next expansion and the introduction of the Hero class the Deathknight.
I was disappointed when Blizzard announced only one Hery class per expansion... I thought there would be a bit more. I'm just too eager to discover new classes...

And while we're at it, here I am. Not much for now, but I'm very much of a casual gamer. Sure, I'm a nerd who always stays at her computer, but I also like to do other things, not always playing WoW.

Old October 9th, 2007, 1:37 am
Fourth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappy28 View Post
I am currently trying out the hazardous combination of World of Warcraft and medical school. So far both are going well... I started playing on official servers only a month ago, so my Troll rogue (I've known Warcraft since I was 5, and I've always been a big Troll fan ) is only level 20. I play on a French RP server, the Sentinels.
Although my main is only lvl 20, I know quite a bit about the game, but that's because I've played for over a year using rather illegal means I will not expand on.

I just can't make money though. I mean it. How do you people do it ? Seriously... I put a lot of stuff in the AH, but as soon as I get the silver by mail I spend it all on my profession and upgrades.
Lol you're level 20 right now, so im guessing wool is coming in pretty nicely? Get a buddy to run you through vc a couple times, and just collect all the wool... sell the stacks for approx 70s each (depending on ure server prices)

As you level up move onto silk, a 1g - 2g each etc etc...

If that isnt your thing... go into tailoring. At your level just making 8 - 10 slotters will rake in plenty of money for equipment and or skills etc...

i've never had much of a gold problem in wow.. im usually the one who lends my higher level friends gold, (my main is only 33... go figure eh..)

Anyways yah, i play on the PvP server archimonde.. but with school and such have no more time for WoW.. i will probably pick it up again over the summer, buy 2 months worth of time and play it out over the summer then let it sit for another year :P

Old October 9th, 2007, 3:00 am
Third Year

I played from release day in November 2004 til May 2007. Quit when I hit 70 and saw that they were making raiding more based on 5man groups and smaller raid groups. I was always a fan of 40 man raids so that didn't really do it for me.

70 Orc Rogue named Stannis on Haomarush, formerly Shadowhawk of Burning Legion

All opinions in the above post are the personal opinions of HouseStark, unless they are quoted from another source. Any and all views in the above post are purely opinion, unless they can be verified by scientific data or historical record.
Old October 10th, 2007, 9:49 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrics hollow View Post
Lol you're level 20 right now, so im guessing wool is coming in pretty nicely? Get a buddy to run you through vc a couple times, and just collect all the wool... sell the stacks for approx 70s each (depending on ure server prices)

As you level up move onto silk, a 1g - 2g each etc etc...
Thanks for the advice, but now I'm not as poor anymore. I just sell lots of random stuff at the AH, e.g. stacks of leather found by fishing, stranglekelp, cloth, ore, oily blackmouths and such...
Heh I think I'm going to sell my stacks of copper ore for more... Way too many twinks around, full of gold and eager to powerlevel their profession.

Old November 25th, 2007, 3:51 pm
Banned

Kyranthia- 35 Night Elf Druid Windrunner realm
Brissania- 15 Undead Warlock Silver Hand realm

Old December 29th, 2007, 12:44 am
First Year

lvl 70 Night Elf Hunter- Terrydagreat
lvl 70 Human Warrior- Drycleaner

Old February 5th, 2008, 6:28 pm
Second Year

I played the game 1 month...I got a Tauren Hunter to level 36. The first two weeks were fun but I got tired after a while. Its always the same thing ; go there kill x monsters and come back, get experience. I heard WoW is a good game when you really put a lot of time into it with guild mates etc. MMORPGs are not for me.

Old February 8th, 2008, 1:06 am
First Year

After making fun of my friends who played the game, I finally downloaded the trial and started playing. I am a lvl 29 Night Elf Hunter at the momment.

Also if you are complaining about not having enough PvP action, I would suggest trying some of the battlegrounds, even at the lower levels they are what makes the game fun in my opinion.

Old February 9th, 2008, 2:20 pm
Second Year

I agree, PvP is a very fun part of the game. Personally I don't play on a PvP server because I wouldn't like getting ganked all the time, but battlegrounds are lots of fun. World PvP in Outland is nice too, until the Alliance guy you've just slaughtered thrice brings in his little lvl 70 friends. Not fun anymore.

Old February 9th, 2008, 10:09 pm
Sixth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappy28 View Post
World PvP in Outland is nice too, until the Alliance guy you've just slaughtered thrice brings in his little lvl 70 friends. Not fun anymore.
Then I suggest you reroll Alliance to take on Haala. That is if you play on Zangarmarsh where the alliance always control it.

But, I must say, the Horde do the same thing. They call their friends too so it's not a strategy that's foreign to either side.

Old February 10th, 2008, 10:05 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mireille View Post
But, I must say, the Horde do the same thing. They call their friends too so it's not a strategy that's foreign to either side.
Haha, I suppose so. While Outland World PvP can be attempted at any level, I think that ultimately it belongs to level 70s. I haven't been to Nagrand yet, I've just hit level 65 and I am currently finishing all the Terrokar quests I can do, so I don't know how Halaa is on my server.

By the way, I'd like to have you guys' (and girls' ) opinion on this matter : I'd really like to have a Talbuk mount, but which way is it easier / less tedious to get ? Exalted with the Kurenai/Mag'Har or Halaa marks ?

Old February 10th, 2008, 11:38 pm
Sixth Year

Depends how active Halaa is on your server. On mine, it's pretty dead most of the time, so the rep grind would be faster. However, if Halaa is active all the time, then your best bet would be Halaa marks.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 4:43 pm
Rocket Scientist

I have a level 70 ally druid on stonemaul. To those of you that play what do you think about the xpac? Im looking forward to it but i cant imagine it will come out on time seeing as the last one didnt

Old November 2nd, 2008, 7:44 pm
Member of the Order

The latest cinematic intro for the Wrath of the lich King Expansion.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/intro.xml

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games