Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Animal Crossing

Old June 14th, 2007, 6:08 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

Re: Animal Crossing

I've got something like 170,000 points. I have the snowman and mush sets, which are worth lots of points. I've also got the entire Ranch set. And several rare items. And about 10-15 pictures of animals (they give you their picture if you are a good neighbor/friend).

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2007, 7:03 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Mush?

I only have five pictures -- Stitches, Alice, Alli, Butch, and Gaston's. I'd probably have more if I, you know, talked to my neighbors...

What did you name your town? I named mine Sarakary and named my brother's McKenna after David McKenna (Scarface VG).

Side note: I just added another room onto my house (I hold onto my money until I pass 1,000,000 bells and then pay.) and now have to reorganize my entire main room.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:11 pm
Third Year

I named my town Jersey, cuz I live in New Jersey. My old town was called Hogwarts and my character was Harry. =P I got made fun of for that...

~~Proud Owner of J.K.Rowling's Autograph~~

Fanfiction.net: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 2 Avatar fics posted)
Fictionpress.com: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 1 General fic posted)
Old July 5th, 2007, 1:45 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

On my DS, I named my town "Moo". On my Gamecube, I named my town "Hell". Yes, you can tell I was bored.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old July 5th, 2007, 2:06 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaysAhead View Post
I have Animal Crossing for the Gamecube and Animal Crossing: Wild World for the DS and I have to say, these games can be pretty addictive. One of the biggest problems with these games, though, is that, once you've "beaten" them, you lose interest rather quickly. I think it'd actually be rather interesting if they made another Animal Crossing game and added more to it, maybe in the way of the Sims games. I think it'd be pretty cool if you could get a job, eat, etc. I wouldn't want it to be exactly like Sims (as that game can be rather tiring at times) but I think adding some new features would be pretty neat.
Yeah, I have it for GameCube and DS, too. I used to play it every day. Now, I haven't touched my DS in 6 months.

Old July 6th, 2007, 9:19 pm
Second Year

I have it for GCN, but I haven't played it in a couple years. I got it for DS too, I've been on that one more recently, but they do get boring very fast. It's only fun connecting with other people across Wi-Fi, I think that's the main replay value that the game has.

On the DS version, I have about 20-25 animal portraits since I would be friends with the neighbors, and send them tons of letters every day. I think I also Feng Shui'd my house completely, arranging different colored furniture in the north/south/east/west parts of the house. I have over 7,000,000 bells on that game, and all done without cheats or hacks. I played the stalk market...a LOT.

If anyone here still plays, then maybe I could add their friend code...?

Old July 27th, 2007, 6:53 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntricateLogic View Post
My old town was called Hogwarts and my character was Harry. =P I got made fun of for that...

I named my town, on the Gamecube version, Diagon.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old October 10th, 2007, 8:49 pm
Second Year

I only played this game recently on the DS (about a month). Do you guys recommend the GC version as it seems like the Wii version is still a ways away?
I wanted to name my town "Ottery St. Catchpole" but it wouldn't fit so I settled for Chitown as there's lots of people on the ACC boards with your typical Harry Potter names. I'll only wi-fi connect with people I know since you run the risk of getting seeded. For those of you who are still on dial-up or no access to hi-speed internet, just about every McDonalds has a Nintendo wi-fi hub where you can go online with your DS.

"You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts
...but you cannot deny he's got style..."-Phineas Nigellus
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:15 pm

I finally got my golden net in AC:WW!!! Woot woot!!!

It took me ages. I hardly ever managed to see a tarantula around, but with the aid of time traveling I finally got one and nabbed it before it bit me.

Now for my fishing pole... I am never going to catch a blue marlin or coelacanth. I still need a stringfish, too. Time travel, here I come!

Does anyone else cheat like me?

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old October 11th, 2007, 12:29 am
Clumsy Interrupting Cheese Toupeť & Scrambled Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicant View Post
I finally got my golden net in AC:WW!!! Woot woot!!!

It took me ages. I hardly ever managed to see a tarantula around, but with the aid of time traveling I finally got one and nabbed it before it bit me.

Now for my fishing pole... I am never going to catch a blue marlin or coelacanth. I still need a stringfish, too. Time travel, here I come!

Does anyone else cheat like me?
I did that once -- I got a whole bunch of weeds in my town from it, including a weird one, which didn't go away until I cleared my town of weeds .

RIP Uncle Bob . 1933-2016 Thanks for everything and thanks for the memories. We love you and miss you.

RIP my older cat. I'll miss you, my wonderful furry friend. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

RIP Harry Anderson, aka: Judge Stone (Night Court). Thanks for the memories.

Sad about the upcoming closing of the forums, but I won't forget you guys, thanks for the memories!

Proud fan of the TV show, The X Files and proud shipper of Mulder and Scully!!

RIP Toys R' Us. Once a Toys R' Us Kid, always one.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:06 pm
Second Year

I've got Animal Crossing. Awwhhhh, I love it. But my Wi-Fi on my nintendo ds doesn't work so I can never connect to other people unless I'm near them. It really sucks! I'm still trying to pay off my debt, so there's tons of fruit trees everywhere.

It doesn't really match the name... which is Tortuga. Hahaha!

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart. Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 4:40 am
Qvack...

Quick question here. My brothers recently started playing this after I bugged him enough about it. He's updated from Nook's Cranny to Nook 'n Go, but Nook isn't selling any extra tools. The brother says the first ones he got were the fishing rod and water can. The fishing rod is on sale again in Nook 'n' Go, along with the timer and slingshot. This didn't happen to me. Is it likely that he'll get the shovel and axe soon?

I don't remember...
I just know that I have my lovely town and it took a long time to make!

THE DUCK.

Old September 9th, 2008, 1:02 am
Second Year

I think he just sells things on random, so I'm pretty sure he'll get them soon.

Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.
Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart. Their daring, nerve and chivalry set Gryffindors apart.
Old September 14th, 2008, 10:50 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricduck View Post
Quick question here. My brothers recently started playing this after I bugged him enough about it. He's updated from Nook's Cranny to Nook 'n Go, but Nook isn't selling any extra tools. The brother says the first ones he got were the fishing rod and water can. The fishing rod is on sale again in Nook 'n' Go, along with the timer and slingshot. This didn't happen to me. Is it likely that he'll get the shovel and axe soon?

I don't remember...
I just know that I have my lovely town and it took a long time to make!
It should change daily. Maybe not all the items will change every day, but you need to consistently check for changes.

I haven't played my AC:WW in ages. I am very curious and excited for the one coming out for the Wii, though. I can't remember if it is out yet or not...

Old November 19th, 2008, 4:10 am

So the Animal Crossing game for the Wii, AC: City Folk, finally came out in the US this past Sunday. I'll be setting up my town tonight and thought it would be nice for anyone else who has it to say something here, and maybe we can get an exchange of friend codes going.

Old December 6th, 2008, 11:51 pm
Second Year

Mine came through the post 2 days ago. :] Just getting started really.

Old December 7th, 2008, 12:25 am

Yay! I'm glad to know another person has gotten this game. If you've got wifi and are interested in sharing friend codes, I've got a link to a social group in my signature to share it (or you could always owl me as I'd love to visit some towns).
What fruit did you get? I've got oranges, and several palm trees growing.

Old December 7th, 2008, 1:50 am
Qvack...

Christmas. Christmas mexicant, and when I get it and a few other games I've been looking for, I'll join that group. I haven't played Wii in ages actually... And I had to abandon Animal Crossing on DS shortly after buying it because RL took over... But I will go back to it, I hope. I loved what I did play of it- the Stalk Market was a wonderful pun!

THE DUCK.

Old December 7th, 2008, 4:48 am

You can move your character over from your DS to the Wii, if you like. I'm not sure what all goes with the person, but I know it can be done. If you do that first and don't like it, you can always demolish your town and start fresh.

I've already managed to get the whole Harvest Furniture series.

Old December 7th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Second Year

Awhhhhh, I got oranges too. I want another fruit, hehe. I can't move my info over from my DS purely because, well... naughty me downloaded the name onto an N5 card... so it's not a singular game card. Uh ohhhh, lol.

I'd be more than happy to swap friend codes, as long as you don't go out of your way to ruin my town, as has happened to some people in the past. xP

Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games