Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Animal Crossing

Old June 7th, 2007, 6:06 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Animal Crossing

I have Animal Crossing for the Gamecube and Animal Crossing: Wild World for the DS and I have to say, these games can be pretty addictive. One of the biggest problems with these games, though, is that, once you've "beaten" them, you lose interest rather quickly. I think it'd actually be rather interesting if they made another Animal Crossing game and added more to it, maybe in the way of the Sims games. I think it'd be pretty cool if you could get a job, eat, etc. I wouldn't want it to be exactly like Sims (as that game can be rather tiring at times) but I think adding some new features would be pretty neat.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2007, 8:27 am
First Year

Re: Animal Crossing

I was pretty much obsessed with Animal Crossing one summer a few years ago. I got all my roommates hooked on it and we would spend hours watching each other fish and collect bugs. The best part of the game is finding all the easter egg type things like the ghost and the free bags of money. After you've seen everything though it does get pretty boring. I heard Animal Crossing 2 is in development for Wii, but it might not be released until next year. They are working on incorporting the WiiConnect24 feature so that you can visit your friends villages and stuff.

<3.
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:07 am
Jessica and lanifiel's Lackey

They are currently making a new one for the Wii. I'm interested in getting it when it comes out. I have the GC and DS versions, as well, and I still play them every once in a while. It's always fun to visit other people's towns and see the differences. I tend to catch better fish when I'm out visiting, too.

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old June 7th, 2007, 9:16 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't have a Wii...didn't get caught up in that whole PS3 Vs. the Wii Vs. whatever else is out there nonsense. I might get one later, when the price comes down, but not now so the fact that they're making a new AC for the Wii is a little disappointing.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:16 am
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

I agree about losing interest after winning. I beat the Gamecube version, and haven't played it much since. Now I'm working of Wild World.
It is good however, that the games allow for more than one player, so you can do it all over again. But there isn't much variation.

Maybe a good idea to keep interest is to have the ability to buy pets or upgrade other things like that-thing-that-wiggles-outside-your-house-that-I-can't-remember-the-name-of.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:19 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Having a pet would be pretty cool.

Gyroid?

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:24 am

Yes, Gyroid, that's it, thanks! It's so late here, I'm two seconds away from forgetting my name.

........Who am I?

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:28 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I don't know, I'm not sure if I've been pronouncing it properly...

*ahem* Yeah, Animal Crossing is...whoa, wait a minute? I wonder where the Gyroid went in Wild World...

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:32 am

No one knows how to pronounce my username, just call me Iggy. (Hey, I know who I am! Cool! Iggy, male, 4,824 years old. Odd, you'd think my hand would be more wrinkly...)

Yeah, I noticed that the Gyroid was missing in Wild World. Maybe they got rid of it to make room for more features.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:59 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Alright, Iggy!

I don't know what they would have removed it for...maybe they removed it because its main purpose was saving and, now, you go to bed to save your game (which I never do, anyways).

I do rather like the new fish they added. I caught a Hammerhead Shark, a Shark, a Dorado, and like four Ocean Sunfish today.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 7th, 2007, 6:10 pm

Woah! I've never caught more than two ocean sunfish in one day. But then, I only just realised yesterday that I've been pressing the wrong the button while fishing, so maybe that's it.

(Yay! Now I really know who I am....A good night's sleep really helps. However, now I don't know where I am...)

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me

Last edited by ignisia; June 7th, 2007 at 6:12 pm.
Old June 7th, 2007, 7:57 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Yeah, that might have had something to do with it...

My biggest problem is the mosquitoes. Far too many times have I been thisclose to catching a fish only to get stung. It adds realism to the game and all but dang...

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:31 pm

I wait around for mosquitoes and either catch them or let them bite me, then I fish.

...Hey! Anyone want to trade friend codes?

Let's play nice, my pets. ~ Why I can't rub things in. ~ Search Engine - You're Doing It Right! ~ Questions? Ask here, but remember: Search Engine!

Old June 7th, 2007, 9:42 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

I would but no WiFi...I live in the middle of no where.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:51 pm

I have some form of WiFi, but it's not really mine, I just mooch off whatever network happens to be floating around when I use my laptop.

I hate the mosquitoes too. I like to just move away from them...

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old June 7th, 2007, 9:53 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

How does that work, actually? Would I be able to go into town and use it or is there a catch to it?

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 7th, 2007, 11:04 pm

Basically, you get a personalized wifi code that is specific not only to your character in your specific game, but also to the DS you are using (as hubby and I found out when trying to switch the game between our DSs). You swap the code with someone else, and while one person hosts the "party", up to three people can come to your town and you can all play together. It's loads of fun. I have a blast doing it, but usually end up playing with kids - once I accidentally played with an eight-year-old. I try not to play with kids that are too young because I wouldn't want any child of mine to be playing with people in their 20's.

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:38 am
Hogwarts Graduate

Out here, I can't get wifi but if I were to go somewhere wifi is available, would I be able to get a code? It's free, isn't it?

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:44 am

I'm interested in this code thing too. I didn't know you could get one of those...

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:46 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I've known for a while now, I just can't get one...no wifi here.

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games