Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

Kingdom Hearts

Old April 24th, 2007, 6:07 am
First Year

Kingdom Hearts

I've been playing this game for two years now, and I LOVED it! Does anyone else love this game? Share your thoughts!

Old April 24th, 2007, 6:33 am
Second Year

Re: Kingdom Hearts

I've heard good things about it, and I have a few songs from it...for some reason I downloaded it w/out even knowing what Kingdom Hearts was about. Well the songs are called "Pirates Gigue", "Treasured Memories", and "Kairi II" lol if you know anything about them let me know. I've seen commercials and youtubes showing Disney characters and interesting stuff. What's the story on it?

Old May 6th, 2007, 6:19 am
Hogwarts Graduate

I quite like the Kingdom Hearts games although I have yet to complete either one. I think my favorite part, though, is the music. I absolutely love Simple and Clean. iTunes definitely needs to get the rights to that one.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."

-- T.E. Lawrence

eghf
Old May 6th, 2007, 6:23 am
First Year

I love the Kingdom Hearts games, though I've only finished the first one. I also love Utada Hikaru, and her songs just make the series better, I think.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 7:21 pm
Student

I love these games, the second one is my favorite. Utada Hikaru is amazing.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:39 pm
Second Year

I love it!!!!!....I only played the 2nd one and just can't beat the guy that says "Dance water Dance" it's like im low on life when he comes to kill me or i cant get that last water drop. Any help lol.

The Forum Rules
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 2:03 am
Fifth Year

I love Kingdom Hearts too, and the soundtracks are amazing. I bought both of them as well. I've only played a few parts of Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories, because my saved game for the first game is on a memory card that I accidentally traded in, and I don't want to play the second before I finish the first. So eventually, I'll have to start over.

Here's the storyline for the first one.

Square-Enix.com, Kingdom Hearts IKingdom Hearts is the story of Sora, a 14-year0old boy whose world is shattered when a violent storm hits his island-paradise home, and is separated from his two closest friends, Riku, a 15-year-old boy, and Kairi, a 14-year-old girl. The storm scatters the three to different and unknown worlds.

At the same time, there's turmoilk in Disney Castle. King Mickey is missing, and Court Wizard Donald and Captain Goofy set out to find him.

On their travels they meet Sora, on his own search for his lost friends. The three are told of ominous creatures known as the Heartless - beings without hearts derived from an unknown dimension and, as it turns out, the ones responsible for the devastating storm. The Disney villains, enticed by the power of darkness, manipulate the Heartless to help them gather the princesses of heart, who are needed to open a mysterious final door.

Upon discovering the link between the Heartless, the storm and the disappearance of King Mickey, Sora, Donald and Goofy join forces and help familiar Disney heroes to save their worlds from the Heartless.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 2:07 am
First Year

Kingdom Hearts is awesome. I thought that the first was good but that intro...whew, come to think of it the intro to the second one was forever as well. In the second one the characters are to beefed up and the boss fights are really easy. The first one was really well balanced.

lo and behold, the greatest Beatles album ever was created

I trust Severus Snape.

Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender? - Ron Weasley, POA XD

92% of teens moved on to rap music. If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your sig

intelligent like a Ravenclaw cunning like a slytherin
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:59 am
Third Year

I really liked the first one. Everything fitted well. The story was interesting and there were a few twists in the plot. The characters had their own strengths and weaknesses and also their own mind. As HelterSkelter said, the game is balanced, the fights are hard but not impossible and as such are a bit more realistic. You also have to watch your Munny because you can't just buy up everything when you need it.

The second one though was a disappointment for me. I didn't really like the story and the fights were just far too easy - my first time playing I got to The World That Never Was without dying. Also, I always managed to give Donald and Goofy the newest weapons without really having to worry about my Munny. I could never do that in the first one.

Old July 4th, 2007, 4:15 am
Third Year

The best games EVER! I beat the second one, but I'm still working on the first one (note:I was on easy level on the second one, though I didn't really need to be)

I don't want to give anything away, but to anyone who beat the second one: didn't it seem like it was kind of open for another game? That would be awesome, though I kinda doubt it...

~~Proud Owner of J.K.Rowling's Autograph~~

Fanfiction.net: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 2 Avatar fics posted)
Fictionpress.com: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 1 General fic posted)
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:54 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntricateLogic View Post
I don't want to give anything away, but to anyone who beat the second one: didn't it seem like it was kind of open for another game? That would be awesome, though I kinda doubt it...
From what I've heard there is going to be a third one. I take it you haven't seen the secret ending of the second game? Personally, I don't like the look of it.

Old July 5th, 2007, 12:06 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAM View Post
From what I've heard there is going to be a third one. I take it you haven't seen the secret ending of the second game? Personally, I don't like the look of it.
No I don't think so. I really only want a third game because the Kingdom Hearts games are my absolute favorite games ever. I've spent hours and hours laying around playing them.

~~Proud Owner of J.K.Rowling's Autograph~~

Fanfiction.net: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 2 Avatar fics posted)
Fictionpress.com: Search 'Author'--imagine131
(Currently 1 General fic posted)
Old July 5th, 2007, 8:12 am
Second Year

Im half- way through.....I just got to revist each land now for the 2nd time. The thing that gets me frusterated is that I cannot get pass that Dance Water Dance I forgot his name. Can someone please help me thanks haha

The Forum Rules
Join the ASA today and help prevent spoilers!.
Old July 5th, 2007, 2:56 pm
First Year

I've just started playing the 1st one,
its pretty good so far

Old July 5th, 2007, 4:52 pm
Suteki da ne

I've never played it but I've been told it's a bit like Final Fantasy...is this true?

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old July 5th, 2007, 5:06 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlubalybub View Post
I've never played it but I've been told it's a bit like Final Fantasy...is this true?
It's made by the same people and features some Final Fantasy characters. Kingdom Hearts uses a real-time system whereas most FF games (or all the ones I've played anyway) use a turn-based fighting system. It is quite similar what with the magic and the levelling-up and such.

Old July 5th, 2007, 5:07 pm
Suteki da ne

Oh right...thanks. I may have to try it...is it available for Nintendo DS?

We asked ourselves, "Can we really fight 24 hours?" And the answer was, "We will fight 8,760 hours!"
- Nobuo Uematsu

Old July 5th, 2007, 5:24 pm
Third Year

No. Kingdom Hearts I and II are only available on the PS2. There is Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories which is set inbetween I and II which is for the GBA. It's a card-based system of fighting though.

Old July 5th, 2007, 5:41 pm
Suteki da ne

Hmm...I do have a PS2, but I really like playing my DS...I'll have to look into it and think about it

- Nobuo Uematsu

Old July 7th, 2007, 5:27 am
First Year

I loved the game.
but i've yet to get around to playing the second one.

Professor McGonagall is amazing.

"I wonder, how you can expect to gain an idea of my usual teaching methods if you continue to interrupt me? You see, I do not generally permit people to talk when I am talking."

"I should have made my meaning plainer. He has achieved high marks in all Defense Against the Dark Arts tests set by a competent teacher."

"Are you quite sure you wouldn't like a cough drop, Dolores?"
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games