Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games

What do most girls play?

Old September 15th, 2011, 4:22 am
First Year

Re: What do most girls play?

It's kinda hard to gauge what girls usually play. I play from a range of tetris to CoD. Though I prefer platformers, adventure/puzzel games, and JRPGs.
There's really no difference between boy and girl games. It really just suits what the person likes. Everyone has their own taste in games.

Old September 15th, 2011, 7:48 am
First Year

Well I'm a girl and whilst I don't think my preferences are tied to my gender, I enjoyed games when my brother played them and I just watched..Mostly I enjoy the story lines of the games but I'm not very good at fighting, or driving, or pulling stunts xD when it comes to video games..

The only game that has truly touched me, so far is Knights of the Old Republic but my brother did most of my fighting! I love the story of that game. I also remember I used to like the Buffy the Vampire Slayer game..

I suppose, I am open minded and willing to try, so if anyone has recommendations of games with really good stories please share!! specially for PC since at this time I don't have a machine.. I suppose i should try playing Harry Potter games since I like it so much.

Old September 15th, 2011, 7:07 pm
Banned

If my last girlfriend and current friend is any indication, taste in games is affected less by gender than by individual interests. Actually, she and I traded some games back and forth. Currently I'm borrowing Dragon Quest 8 from her and she's borrowing Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and Legend of Dragoon from me. She also loves Zelda: OoT (which used to be in my top 5 games) and convinced me to get Okami, which ended up replacing it.

Old October 4th, 2011, 2:55 pm
Second Year

I highly recommend anyone who enjoyed RPGs in here play Baldur's Gate 2 (and 1 if you like a challenge). Anyone who likes RPGs and Harry Potter will love Baldur's Gate 2 if you play as a Mage or Sorcerer...the spell system in the game is one of the most sophisticated in any RPG (proper spell duels).

This especially goes for you Ghrawleg because the same games developer made Baldur's Gate as Knights of the Old Republic.

Old October 19th, 2011, 3:27 pm
First Year

I've always been a 'sort-of' gamer. I've never really had the money to go out and buy an Xbox360 or a PS3, but when I was younger my parents bought me a PS1 and a PS2. My favourite games from childhood were Crash Bandicoot and Spiro the Dragon. I played a lot of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Canis Canem Edit (Bully) on my PS2.

Now I'm at university I've started playing on my housemate's Xbox360. He's got a few cool games and I've really been enjoying Fable II and Fable III. I've almost completed the first Fable and started playing the 3rd one. I also play Halo 3 with him sometimes, but to be honest I prefer RPG games. Shooter games make me jump!

I also play Sims 3! Love the Sims games.

Pottermore:
RookFlight56
Slytherin
12 Ĺ inches, Dragon heartstring, Hazel, Slightly springy
Old October 23rd, 2011, 1:00 am
Fourth Year

I think this highly depends on the girl. My best friend plays games like Fallout, Mass Effect, etc. While my mom plays WoW, Mario Party, and The Haunted Mansion(on gamecube)

I don't really own any recent systems, I mean I still play on my Gamecube and PS2.

-Devil May Cry 3
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-Pokemon Firered
-Lego Harry Potter Yrs. 1-4
-Mario Cart
-Mario Party
-Paper Mario
-ect.

None of them are very challenging, and I don't play games like Halo, but that's just me.

Old October 23rd, 2011, 2:11 pm
Fourth Year

Sims 3 and Tomb Raider

Old December 27th, 2011, 6:35 pm
First Year

I started out with computer games of various types. Problem solving type of games. It went on to roller coaster tycoon, zoo tycoon, frogger.... I played the Sims, harry potter games (xD), and moved up to Kingdom Hearts and the like. These days I love the Persona games and survival-horror- Silent Hill and Fatal Frame, love it. I also get on MMOs sometimes.

CoS:
Pottermore:
~ISFJ~
Wand: Pear, 11 in, Phoenix Feather, Quite Flexible
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:56 am
First Year

I must play anything that's popular. Although if I do get stuck in a game I try the walkthrough and if that doesn't work I just quit altogether and maybe try again further down the track.

"...A boy who was kind, honest, brave and true.
Right to the very end. Remember Cedric Diggory."
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > Diagon Alley > Computer & Video Games