Login  

Go Back   Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction

The Percy Jackson & the Olympians series

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:44 am
Second Year

Re: The Percy Jackson & the Olympians series

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookshanks1177 View Post
Haha preordered mine too!!!!! I loved The Lost Hero. I enjoyed the new characters along with the reappearances of some of the other characters we already know. I am not saying anymore as well as I don't want to spoil it for anyone. October 4th right?!?!
Yes!! And YES October 4th!! *counts down and hopes it will be shipped early*

I don't think I've even been this excited for a sequel EVER. (I joined in on the Harry Potter bandwagon when all books were published)

Old September 19th, 2011, 6:31 pm
Third Year

I'm still trying to figure out if I'll be getting it that day and if so whose Barnes and Noble discount I can use or if I'll get it later that week. I guess it'll depend on how crazy work is.

Member of the Insane Becky Posse (IBP) and the Gator Fan Club

Old September 20th, 2011, 4:41 am
Seventh Year

I'm one of those evil Kindle converts. So it will upload on my kindle the day it comes out.

Old September 20th, 2011, 10:36 am
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookshanks1177 View Post
I'm one of those evil Kindle converts. So it will upload on my kindle the day it comes out.
I thought of that as well, but since I have all of his other books in physical form, I want to have the series all together on my shelf. I'm kind of OCD with that..

Old December 21st, 2011, 11:06 pm
Curse Breaker

I believe in physical copies too, but my organizational skills are junk. I like our new Romans, though I find fauns depresing. Don is really the best there is in the Roman breed? How sad. I really like Frank & Hazel, and I'm happy to report that love triangles seem to be a thing of the past, but our fearless navigator/mechanic seems out in the cold. Jason and Piper are linked. Percy and Annabeth remain solid, and Frank and Hacel are perfectly imperfect. So, where does that leave our navigator? Have we met anyone for him? The only candidate I've seen so far is the praetor who thought that her relationship to Jason might grow, but I'm skeptical. Might he fall for an Amazon? I can't see him in one of those jumpsuits after being a hero on one of the most important quests in the history of either camp.

True downer that the adversary from the Roman camp is a snivelling backroom prophet who would make Clarisse laugh if he tried to face her down. I hope this makes everyone appreciate the Greek oracular system.

No worries. No spoilers here.

Last edited by jordmundt6; December 21st, 2011 at 11:09 pm.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:09 am
Second Year

Well, I have this theory for Leo.. It might be far fetched, but hey, my mind is thinking of way too many possibilities after reading SoN and having to wait an entire year for MoA.

Spoiler: show

Okay. So Frank has this piece of wood that resembles his life force, and he has been told that he will soon burn up. My theory is that he dies in book 3 or 4, and that Leo comes closer to Hazel (who is heartbroken) in the process. Because let's not forget, Leo looks exactly the same as Hazel's crush decades ago. I think Frank will die in some heroic moment, saving Percy and possibly others (Frank is said to make a decision that Percy is unable to make).

This leaves the problem of six remaining half bloods, my theory on that is that Nico will 'replace' Frank when the moment is there at the end of the series.

Old December 22nd, 2011, 2:53 pm
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvngbooks View Post
Well, I have this theory for Leo.. It might be far fetched, but hey, my mind is thinking of way too many possibilities after reading SoN and having to wait an entire year for MoA.

Okay. So Frank has this piece of wood that resembles his life force, and he has been told that he will soon burn up. My theory is that he dies in book 3 or 4, and that Leo comes closer to Hazel (who is heartbroken) in the process. Because let's not forget, Leo looks exactly the same as Hazel's crush decades ago. I think Frank will die in some heroic moment, saving Percy and possibly others (Frank is said to make a decision that Percy is unable to make).

This leaves the problem of six remaining half bloods, my theory on that is that Nico will 'replace' Frank when the moment is there at the end of the series.
...I was under the impression that
Leo WAS Hazel's crush from ages ago.

CoS|Pottermore
ThestralStorm121 is two sides of a coin.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 7:29 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworthy View Post
...I was under the impression that
Leo WAS Hazel's crush from ages ago.
Yeah, I seriously consider that a possibility. But how? I have no idea.

The same way Hazel was brought back by Nico? But who would have brought him back? Or maybe Gaia was messing with Hazel when she said he died when he was older?

Old December 23rd, 2011, 1:59 am
Third Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvngbooks View Post
Yeah, I seriously consider that a possibility. But how? I have no idea.

The same way Hazel was brought back by Nico? But who would have brought him back? Or maybe Gaia was messing with Hazel when she said he died when he was older?
I remember that
Nico and Hazel are the children of Hades, so it would make more sense for them too.

Wasn't Leo stuck in that weird Hotel for so many years until someone came to get him out?

CoS|Pottermore
ThestralStorm121 is two sides of a coin.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:41 pm
Second Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworthy View Post
I remember that
Nico and Hazel are the children of Hades, so it would make more sense for them too.

Wasn't Leo stuck in that weird Hotel for so many years until someone came to get him out?
No, I think

That was Nico with Bianca, they were stuck in the Lotus Hotel for decades after Hades put them there.

Leo's story was that 'Tia Callinda' (Hera) visited him often, and that Gaia ('the sleeping woman') locked his mom in the machine room, making Leo panic, lighting fire, and killing his mom. He was then put in foster homes since he was 8, but he ran away from those.

But I just realized that Hazel's crush's name was Sammy Valdez, and Leo's last name is Valdez.. Maybe they are relatives? I've seen no mention of Leo in the Lotus Hotel, or dying, or being put asleep for decades or something. Or anything else that can explain the fact that he looks like Sammy 70 years earlier.

It's so frustrating that I can't figure this out xD

Old January 30th, 2012, 11:17 pm
Third Year

The fact that these two series were borough together fantastically and apparently with a lot of though means we will all be in for (hopefully some surprises)

I too thought the Leo and Sammy were the same person. there is a lot we don't know about Leo, we know he lived in foster homes and we know he ran away but how did Leo and Piper survive out of camp for as long as they did? this is the thing that I have always though about.

At the beginning of PJatLT Grover says something about them never getting past 8th grade (now I am from the UK so I am not sure on this) which is around 12/13? how is it these kids had no problem with monsters until Jason comes on the scene?

When scientists discover the centre of the universe
Don't be suprised if its not you

Proud to be a
Old December 31st, 2012, 4:54 am
Second Year

I've been reading them all this past week. I honestly can't get enough of this series.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 7:47 am
Curse Breaker

I'm more of an original flight fan, but the second series is interesting. I...will hold my tongue on other comments at the moment.

No worries. No spoilers here.
Go Back  Chamber of Secrets > The Writing on the Wall > Fiction